• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-falco character?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Reed: A lot of your points are wrong. Falco is perfectly approachable

At Falcon: Really? According to your title, you've posted quite a bit. You should know that the brawl community tries to be as inviting as possible. If someone is wrong, we let them know that their idea is wrong, and make no accusations at the merit of their character. If you would like to defend your point, which makes perfect sense, please do so in a non-aggressive manner.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
stop fighting. srsly. its been going from anti-falco chars to being nice >_>

how about...G&W? bucket ***** lasers, and hes G&W. good choice i think. @ OP: none of your chars that you main have advantage vs falco.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Reed: A lot of your points are wrong. Falco is perfectly approachable

At Falcon: Really? According to your title, you've posted quite a bit. You should know that the brawl community tries to be as inviting as possible. If someone is wrong, we let them know that their idea is wrong, and make no accusations at the merit of their character. If you would like to defend your point, which makes perfect sense, please do so in a non-aggressive manner.
You know if he had asked how to get better instead of asking the wrong question I probably would have. He asked the wrong question, and no one but me seemed to get that. He's not willing to accept he's wrong apparently, I cant even tell with all the people living in delusional land.

At least I had a point, unlike all the people who decided they were better than me. At least you didn't take the liberty of flaming me for being so 'rude'.

/what Brin Boy said.

Learn the game more before you ask about changing characters. You cant win with another char if you dont know how to use them.

hieballa

Smash Rookie
erm... small comment? :'D

I dont see how I didn't directly address your argument.
if i may interject? stating something to the effect of "i'm right, you're wrong, so **** off" is not addressing an argument. stating in what way you are right, and showing instances of proof of your case (optionally) is addressing the argument. Also, asking questions as to how to beat certain techniques is how people get better. Does it really mean they suck if they ask on the smash boards rather than potentially spending hours trying to figure it out themselves? It would be my personal first thought that it would be pretty smart of them, inquiring as to techniques that can be used to fend off the techniques used by a superior player... -curls up in a corner to await response-

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I dont remember Falco having air combos, either I'm being stupid or you're an idiot for being combo'd in the air.

I have a feeling it's the latter and that it's not because of your char, but because you suck.
I just went to the pika boards, it was listed as a 40% cg. Either something changed, or you need to gtfo.
This guy needs to relax.

As for falco you have to take advantage of his bad recovery, edge hog and gimp him.

Zylar

Smash Ace
my Contribution Was To Let Everyone Know That Contributions To This Thread Wont Mean Bull**** When I Comes To Him Winning The Match. I Am Actually Quite Amazingly Right That This Guy Is Not Good. You Can Read A Guys Posts And Kinda Sum Up At The Least His Knowledge Of The Game. He's Getting Combo'd And Cant Handle Laser Spam. No, You're Right, He Might Be Amazing And Be Placing Super High At Tourneys.

No One Understands The Simplest Crap I Say, Jesus H Christ.

God Is My Rock Tried To Teach Me Manners Over The Internet, That's The Stupidest **** I've Ever Heard Of. No One Flaming Me Was Any Better Than Me Either.
Thank you for not answering any of my questions directly, and not giving me any hardcore proof. Also thank you for not disproving anything I said.

Why are you suddenly capitalizing every word??? That doesn't some how make you more right.

That being said let us continue.

The whole point to this thread is how can he beat a falco, possibly by counter picking him.
You claim that it doesn't matter what you write here that you'll still win the match. Probably you will win. So what?
That doesn't contribute to this thread at all.
So saying that your contribution is saying that any contribution on this thread won't mean anything when you win verses him does not prove that he sucks, or that you were not rude.

By the way, even though you didn't contribute, that question was directed towards A2ZOMG.
So although you answered what you contributed, you just showed that you didn't contribute anything.

How are you "amazingly right that he is not good" when you didn't provide any proof?
It doesn't matter if you can tell what kind of a player he is by his posts, he is here to get better no matter the skill level. So even if he does suck, stop bashing him.

This is what I understand : You're upset that people won't stop complaining that you think he sucks.

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Teaching you manners was not what God-is-my-rock was trying to do. If you read his posts, he was saying that using that language doesn't assist this thread or that person at all. So saying that he shouldn't teach you manners over the Internet has nothing to do with proving that you are not rude, or that the OP sucks.
I'm saying stop being rude. I'm not trying to teach manners, just be more thoughtful as to how you word your posts, that is stop being rude.

that Statement Makes Me Think Otherwise.

I Should Note Almost No One Defended His Skill, But Instead Had To Let Me Know I Was Super Duper Mean. I Guess They Didn't Contribute To **** Either, Except Maybe Just To Flame Me. Stop Acting All High And Mighty.
We cannot defend his skill when there is nothing to base it on. We can only assume through the nature of his posts. You assumed he sucks and continue to claim it as truth. Yes, all we want is for you to stop being rude and saying he sucks, because when you don't have proof he sucks.
If it is shown that he sucks, sure whatever, but who gave you the right to behave the way you have?

I have contributed to this thread, go over the posts. Sorry you missed it. I cannot speak for others, but I can say that God-is-my-rock did contribute to the thread for certain. Look at the first page.
I am not flaming you, I am merely showing you that you cannot say you aren't rude, or that he sucks, unless you show me proof.
I never claimed to be better than you in any regard, and point out where you assumed that we implied that in our posts.

you Know If He Had Asked How To Get Better Instead Of Asking The Wrong Question I Probably Would Have. He Asked The Wrong Question, And No One But Me Seemed To Get That. He's Not Willing To Accept He's Wrong Apparently, I Cant Even Tell With All The People Living In Delusional Land.

At Least I Had A Point, Unlike All The People Who Decided They Were Better Than Me. At Least You Didn't Take The Liberty Of Flaming Me For Being So 'rude'.

/what Brin Boy Said.

Learn The Game More Before You Ask About Changing Characters. You Cant Win With Another Char If You Dont Know How To Use Them.
Do you even know what his question is? Here, let me post it.

Alright, I've been trying for so long to try and beat this one person who only uses Falco.
What is most important when trying to beat him?:confused:
I think that this is basically, "How do I get better against Falco?"
How is this a wrong question?
How is there such a thing as a wrong question to ask? (Wrong, not off topic.)
Maybe a wrong question for tactical discussion, but not a wrong question to ask.

Wait, YOU help HIM, if he asked the "right" question?

Leave me the **** alone seems like a good way to react to a guy calling me a douche bag for telling the truth. You should only really be insulted by being told you suck if you think you're good. I'm telling to get good, he's barely explained ****, and there's no vid, I have no reason to give some detailed match up explanation to a guy who will not make use of it.

And applying Fox's physics to Falco and then stating it like fact is stupid. I guess we should pick Fox since he can d throw cg and dair of out the throw to spike you. OH WAI-
My entire point was that he sucks, so the answers to his question will not ****ing help him. God ****it if you're going to tell me what I need/dont need to prove my point then you should probably know what the freaking point is.

And if you seriously mean to tell me he's supposed to be super offended by being told he sucks then he's pretty much ****ing hopeless. This isn't a god **** grade school kid we are dealing with here, it's a low level player who can become good if he gets his head out of delusional land.
These red bolded statements make me think otherwise.
Maybe he can't admit he sucks. But that doesn't mean that he sucks, or that you weren't rude.

Once again point out the place where you feel like that we are saying we are better than you. "At least I had a point?" You're point is that he sucks, which you never proved.

See? You're assuming again. Just because the thread title is "Anti-character character?" does not mean that he is asking for advice on which character to main. In fact his posts didn't even ask which characters to use, just "**** should I do to handle a falco?".
Also, you could just learn enough to counter pick falco.
So saying that you can't win if you don't know how to use a character doesn't prove that he sucks or that you weren't rude. That attempt at being helpful or making a point failed.

So lets try this one more time.

Show me proof he is bad, then I will agree with you.

Even IF you do prove this, you were rude, you cannot deny.

Virutally everything you're saying is wrong, insults, or unproved assumptions.

Stop being rude.

And please at least answer one of my questions in either of my posts. It's hard to prove me wrong if you don't.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Ignore the troll guys.

Anyway in addition to considering character you should also consider stages. What stages are bad for falco?

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
Anyway in addition to considering character you should also consider stages. What stages are bad for falco?
Off the top of my head, Luigi's Mansion and Norfair come to mind. I'm pretty sure Rainbow Cruise is bad for Falco, but I don't have enough experience with Falco to actually say it is.

If anything, just don't CP Japes.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Zylar you're arguing he's good. I'm sorry but when you make a thread about who to cp when the issue is your skill, evident by the fact that he is 'being juggled' and stating 'there is no way to approach Falco', you are not good, not even close.

@Tien-You cant call everyone you dislike a troll. Rude=/=Troll

Zylar

Smash Ace
Zylar you're arguing he's good. I'm sorry but when you make a thread about who to cp when the issue is your skill, evident by the fact that he is 'being juggled' and stating 'there is no way to approach Falco', you are not good, not even close.

@Tien-You cant call everyone you dislike a troll. Rude=/=Troll
Point out where I argued that he is good. I've been saying your assuming, and that even if he is bad you need to stop being rude.
The question in the OP of the thread had almost nothing to do with the title. So this thread may have not been made for characters to counterpick Falco. I cannot say if he wanted both to be answered, but people really have only tried to answer the "Anti-Falco" question.
But also like I've stated eariler, the skill level doesn't matter. You continue to display rude behavior in nearly every single one of your posts.

He stated "there is no way to approach Falco without leading to eventual death". This makes no sense unless he wants to be so good that he can 3 stock his opponent. But he's obviously not.
Regarless, he goes on to say "how and when can I approach?".
That sounds alot like he knows that there IS a way to approach, and he's asking for how, because he by himself hasn't found it out yet.
That doesn't count as evidence for him being a bad player.

If he's being juggled, then he obviously needs to work on preventing that. But that does not warrent you the right to be rude, or make assumptions and say their true. Being juggled, while obviously a big indicator of his skill level, doesn't prove that he sucks. As far as we know, this only happens against one player, using one character. If he later goes to say he gets juggled often by other characters or players, then so be it.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Just because a character is below another does not mean he loses that specific match up. Dont be so ****ing ignorant.
1. People cannot stop themselves from being ignorant, unless they know the knowledge is out there, which really isn't being ignorant.

2. Why did you have to use that language and behavior to get your point across?
WHY?

3. Although post count does not determine ignorance or intellegence, its most likely since that is his first post, that he has no clue what he's talking about. I am assuming here. So take it as you wish.

But, can you blame him for not knowing if I'm right?

4. The way that the sentence is structured makes it seem like that he misunderstands what the tier list actually is. He said "Well look at a tier list. Another assumption I'm making is that he could of meant match-up thread, and called it the tier list.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Zylar would you just ****ing drop it.

Why dont you go ahead and do the exact same **** you're doing to me and do it to everyone else whose ever said something rude to me, then go troll the forums finding every little rude comment and ****ing pm them about why you wish to make large post statements about it.

Zylar

Smash Ace
I'm not that kind of person.

I've been yet to be proven incorrect, that or you haven't changed your mind about what you were arguing.

Edit : If you recall on one of my posts, I said, "Falconv1.0 was so amazingly wrong, I couldn't not reply."
One rude statement outpriotizes multiple rude and incorrect statements. I only do one subject at a time.

I'd gladly prove someone who is wrong and being rude to you that they are wrong and need to stop being rude to get their point across.

pawnch

Smash Cadet
Alright. I main falco, and believe me, kirby hurts. the gonzo combo (if u don't know what it is, youtube it) can do 40-50 damage. also, if u duck with kirby, the lasers can't hit you. if an opposing falco spams lasers, eat him up and get his lasers. if u use kirby, practice his short hop double lasers or full hop triple lasers, which are both better than falco's lasers.

either kirby or ice climbers, because they can't be chaingrabbed by falco. hope this helped

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm not that kind of person.

I've been yet to be proven incorrect, that or you haven't changed your mind about what you were arguing.

Edit : If you recall on one of my posts, I said, "Falconv1.0 was so amazingly wrong, I couldn't not reply."
One rude statement outpriotizes multiple rude and incorrect statements. I only do one subject at a time.

I'd gladly prove someone who is wrong and being rude to you that they are wrong and need to stop being rude to get their point across.
No. Stop.

I said ****ing drop it. The guy sucks. that was my point, there's nothing to argue here now seriously leave me the hell alone.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Both of you stop now or infractions will be dealt out. That's enough. Please get back on topic.

I 0022 I

Smash Cadet
If you do a fair spike with out doing the D-throw they can DI and land on the stage. you're wrong..
Sorry, but you are wrong here. You have it backwards, the nt-spike (nana fair without the throw) is used more for the sole reason that your opponent cannot DI out of the spike. Whereas the dthrow to nana fair can be DI'd out of in some cases.

Not only that, but its easier to nt-spike because you don't have to time your throw and fair based on the opoonent's weightclass.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
For me, Game and Watch also does well against Falco. =) Just don't get spiked, or you're pretty much screwed.

WITH

Smash Apprentice
falco may be one of MK's harder matchups, but MK is still a slight favorite which would make him an option against falco...

so its not important how falco is as one of MK's matchups compared to MK's OTHER matchups...MK is a solid option against falco

Top Bottom