• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anonymous Survey

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm putting together a little bit of information, so I'm asking the Metaknight forum an honest question and I would like you guys to all shoot me a PM with an honest answer and a short reason for your answer please:

As a Metaknight player/main: Out of every character in Brawl which one do you like playing against least? (or hate most, however you look at it)

Muchos gracias to anyone who answers :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm putting together a little bit of information, so I'm asking the Metaknight forum an honest question and I would like you guys to all shoot me a PM with an honest answer and a short reason for your answer please:

As a Metaknight player/main: Out of every character in Brawl which one do you like playing against least? (or hate most, however you look at it)

Muchos gracias to anyone who answers :)
Campy snakes.

Its the only character I feel like I dont have a decent advantage over....oh wait.....

OverLade

Smash Hero
PM you fools. God some people these days.
O**** lol I thought I read something about that. Makes this thread sorta pointless though doesnt it? People posting will keep it alive, therefore more people see it, and message infinity AMIRITE?

*Logic breaker* :p

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The goal of this is to collect enough information to stop people from saying "Metaknight has no bad matchups."

At this point I'm fairly certain he has at least 2 that are 60/40 against him and several more that are 50/50.

<waits for ze flames>

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Well, it's not exactly anonymous here (since we have our user names on our posts).

It depends in which way you mean hate most/like least.

Character I lose to most: Marth
Character I find most boring: Jigglypuff
Character who shouldn't even be in brawl: Toon Link

Nic64

Smash Lord
marth only has a range advantage in the air, MK has a range advantage on ground moves(dtilt and ftilt in particular)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
It's been a while since I've really used Meta Knight a lot, but my trickiest ones are probably Snake, Falco, Kirby, Diddy, and I guess Game and Watch. In no real order.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Having played some more Brawl recently, I'd like to solidify my answer.
I think Snake has a slight advantage over MK, this match-up is close to neutral whichever way you tip the advantage.
A smart Diddy with good Naner handling and similar **** can own MK.
Olimar can be real tough too, IMHO may be Oli favor. His recovery is his major prob.
Falco is also tricky. Laser spam, plus reflector is a perfect "Get-the-heck-off-me" move against Meta. Maybe with time Falco favor? IDK.
I highly doubt MK will have "no bad matchups" forever. Time will tell...

Popertop

Smash Champion
I don't like Yoshi, Olimar, Falco, or ROB.

Diddy is fine it's all about Banana control.
I haven't played any really good snakes with my yearling Meta, but it doesn't bother me that much you just have to be smart.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master

I'll get you for this.
I was just bothered by the fact that first off there is 2 Links in both Melee and Brawl, and second off that they removed Young Link for Toon Link when Young Link is so much cooler. I'd have been happier if they put in a different character with different everything instead of a stupider version of Link. :p

Prolly Snake... I wouldn't call it in MK's favor. Also, how does olimar win against MK, just out of curiosity? I mean, can't you pretty much destroy him with Nado?
Olimar just has to play really gay. Lots of camping, lots of pivot grabbing, etc. You'd see if you ever get to play against a good enough one.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Prolly Snake... I wouldn't call it in MK's favor. Also, how does olimar win against MK, just out of curiosity? I mean, can't you pretty much destroy him with Nado?
How about you try playing an olimar with half a brain?

100 bucks says you've played all scrub olimars that suck something fierce. >_> I hate it when people think nado solves everything, god damit.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Nado does not solve all your problems. I don't even use it too much.
My friend is an EXCEPTIONAL Olimar. Always keeping an eye on which color Pik is next, Whistle Armoring with perfect precision, just great. And I gotta say, its tricky for Meta. I calls it neutral, not even MK favor. Oli's biggest problem is his recovery. MK Gimp>Tether Recovery. But with expert Whistling, even gimping can be stopped by a good Olimar.
(Also, I'm CONVINCED Meta Knight versus Snake is Snake favor, and not just 55:45 either. I says 60:40 Snake. MK's worst matchup period IMO. Not unwinnable at all, but I think its a disadvantage)

Top Bottom