• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An open question to the Jigglypuff community

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
What are our goals?

I should break this down a bit, there's lots of talk of improving the community, getting results, things along those lines, but it's been bugging me -- what are our goals?

Are we attempting to gain new players? Get more tournament results? Rise her in the tiers? Gain more respect for her? Are we attempting to revolutionize her? Are we attempting to make her a tourney viable character, or merely change popular opinion on her? Furthering the knowledge around her?

Why are we improving this community, we are we taking it upon ourselves to go out and play Jigglypuff in tournaments, or against better and harder characters and players?

So please,
Why do YOU play Jigglypuff? What do YOU want to see happen? What do YOU think need to be done for the community, for her as a character, and for her pertaining to the metagame as a whole?

I'm curious to know, because I've had a lot of thoughts floating around recently and I have a few ideas to "improve the community", but first, we need to know what our priorities are. I need to know what "improving the community" really means.

Air: I have a plan for this.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I personally, want Jigglypuff to rise in the tier list.

This current one really, really, sickens me on her placement. For the reason Link is above her atm I don't know. I've been playing Jiggs quite a bit in low tier tournaments and even regular tournaments. I've convinced most of my state that Jigglypuff is an underrated character.

Also on the AiB ladder I'm trying to get into the top 60 with Jiggs.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I play Jigglypuff because it's absolute fun! I want the thoughts of people going up against Jiggs players to be, "HOLY CRAP, I just got ***** by a Jiggs!" I actually don't mind either way if Jigglypuff will EVER be a tournament viable character; no matter what happens, Jigglypuff will always be my true main.

I DO want Jigglypuff to have higher tournament results, definitely. I'm content with having new players main her, sure. What I actually, really want is for popular opinion to be changed about her, that's all. Jiggs can do more than just float around -_-

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, I've either mained or had Puff as a secondary since around... 1999? I don't like change, so I've yet to use anyone (besides Ganon) seriously. She's my most comfortable character, and as t3h said, the idea of someone freaking out about "getting ***** by Jiggs" appeals to me. I'd LIKE for her to rise on the tier list and get the respect that she deserves, but I really don't see that happening. I can't contribute as much as I'd like to due to lacking funds to travel, but hopefully with the onset of Summer (and a cashier position at Sears), I'll attend my fair share of "real" tournaments.

As for the community here, I've hardly seen anything worth posting/commenting on lately. I don't start threads; I comment and criticize from afar, which explains my lack of activity. If someone starts a decent discussion, expect my witty banter to follow suit.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1.)Definitely more tournament results is what I would like to see.
2.)Semi-realistically I would like to see her rise to F tier.
3.)More research, more strategy discussion, more input.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Goals?

I'm going to be quite the party pooper here and say that I have no goals other than getting better at the game.

I really don't care the least bit how many people or posts or topics this board has... I certainly don't care if other people place well with the character or move her up in this ranking or that ranking. (What is this, a high school pep rally?) If you win a tourney, I'm going to congratulate you on your success... but I'm not going to root for you just because you use the same main as me. What petty tribalism!

All I can do is make the best posts I can for improving others, under the hope that others will do the same and shifting through enough dirt will yield some gold. Sorry if that sounds cruel, but there's a rather profound lack of quality material on this board... Veril had a top-notch research thread, and PND's posts are pretty good, but otherwise the occasional wisdom of g-regulate are the only rays of sunshine in the place. (Besides of course my posts, which are always beautiful rainbows of enlightenment that scholars will write about for generations.)

Why do I play Jigglypuff? Because I'm better with Jigglypuff than other characters. Personally I think anyone who plays Jigglypuff (as a primary character) for any other reason is an idealistic moron. If you enjoy and are better with some other character, go play with them. I never want to here anyone talk about how awesome it is to "win with a low-tier". That's stupid, no one made anyone pick a low-tier.

No amount of organization or good intentions will make more good players play Jigglypuff and post here. That's all that matters. I'm just going to keep posting like I do, perceptually searching for ways to get better. Anyone who wants can hop on the train.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I have a habit of doing things that many people normally like. For example, people like listening to music and playing guitars and stuff. Not me, a lot of people are obessed with guitar hero and halo, not me.

I like that feeling of being different. And that applys to brawl as well, whenver I play Diddy Kong I get negative responses. When I play Jigglypuff I get positive responses regardless if I beat them or not.

Using a low tier character makes you more popular because everyone uses MK, Diddy, and DDDs. I love attention, and when I go on a livestream i ONLY use Jigglypuff to make the chat go wild, I love it.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I play Jigglypuff because it's fun. Simple.

The reason why I'm here is simple as well. I like to troll.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
What are our goals?

I should break this down a bit, there's lots of talk of improving the community, getting results, things along those lines, but it's been bugging me -- what are our goals?

Are we attempting to gain new players? Get more tournament results? Rise her in the tiers? Gain more respect for her? Are we attempting to revolutionize her? Are we attempting to make her a tourney viable character, or merely change popular opinion on her? Furthering the knowledge around her?

Why are we improving this community, we are we taking it upon ourselves to go out and play Jigglypuff in tournaments, or against better and harder characters and players?

So please,
Why do YOU play Jigglypuff? What do YOU want to see happen? What do YOU think need to be done for the community, for her as a character, and for her pertaining to the metagame as a whole?

I'm curious to know, because I've had a lot of thoughts floating around recently and I have a few ideas to "improve the community", but first, we need to know what our priorities are. I need to know what "improving the community" really means.

Air: I have a plan for this.
a good goal for this board is to convince me to go back to her... :psycho::lick::laugh:

j/k.... I say I use her when I go easy on people... but I really neglect her. I have no problem winning on final destination, ever. However rollout is my kill move, so I wonder if those kills would be legit offline. I feel like using rollout on wifi is cheating and is why I have picked up mk and kirby... there kills are legit.:(:urg:

SDC

Smash Lord
lol unfortunately superknightowlfromyoutube, no rollout kills are not legit. believe me i've tried. yes rollout kills online are successful, but irl you either get blocked, dodged, or worse yet, countered.

i would like to see jiggz rise in the tier, however due to the fact that they nerfed her in brawl i don't see that happening anytime soon. i would also like to see people win tourneys with her just cuz itd be funny and awesome lol.

i play as jiggz, first of all it started in melee, i was online watchin vids and i came across a couple king vids, particularly his dbr-evolution combo vids. i thought that any char that could combo the **** out of people IN MID-AIR was ****ing awesome. so i started using her, and started ****** my friends (they all hated me and jiggz, but whatever i didnt care, I COULD COMBO THEM IN MID-AIR O_O ROFL!!!) so now this brings me to brawl. because of the lack of hit-stun, you can't really mid-air combo people anymore, and the mid-air dodges don't help either (however if there's no lag and im on my game i can chase really well though too). i obviously use her because i just love her WoP strategy (i know in its purest form its nearly non-existent in brawl, but hell its still fun to try) and cuz, lets be honest, pound = ****. in summary, i adore the WoP, i love all the gimping potential (yes even in brawl i still get my fair share of gimps), pound is awesome, and i love her recovery options. yes im just as disapointed as the rest of you when you discovered that they had nerfed rest to the point where it was one of the ****tiest KO moves in brawl, but hell i still love it and will always attempt it every match no matter how many times it gets me killed!! if that makes me an "ideological idiot" than lol i guess i am.

i think we need to discover some AT (glitch) that will enable her to KO faster, whether it be somehow unstailing some of her moves (fair in particular), power up rest somehow (lol), new combos that will enable rest more (more realistic), find some glitch where pound KOs (that would be amazing), or find some way to make the WoP better (i would like to see this than anything else). the funny thing is, i think i may have a suggestion. it sounds crazy, but i think it may work. one way to boost the WoP is to use the attitude of sheer ariel aggression. thats right, an all out guns blazing, caution is for fools attack with all of her ariels (god**** the torpedos, if we stale fair than thats ok!!). ive used this strategy a few times (just goin all out wit her ariels) and i must say, its not bad. it sounds crazy and stupid, but i'd suggest tryin it before dissin it. what i'm talkin about is a suicidal, all out blitz with every ariel she's got in an attempt to get them fully off the stage and gimped. as i said, it sounds crazy, but hell its worked for me a couple of times, all i'm saying is try it before you diss it. its better than nothing. hell while were at it, im gonna name it, blitzkrieg ariels!! lol its gonna be known as the blitzkrieg ariel offensive. throw out all that about staling bair on purpose and saving fair for KO, and just go all out with everything in an aggressive manner.
rofl i wanna see your comments on this one, particularly those foolish enough to try it out XD

but for real, i think if jiggy's gonna go anywhere as a character people gotta start playing in unorthodox manners, just throw caution to the wind and try out new **** that you thought was impossible (startin with my blitzkrieg ariels idea lol) i'll start the discussion:

one way you could get a "blitzkrieg ariel offensive" goin is usin her grabs, or Utilt to knock them into the air, after that just go all out on that *****, and while in the air, either aim for a rest, or a gimp. one of those two things. if for gimp, knock them off stage until they cant recover, or go for a stage spike if opportune. i dont know if the whole "blitzkrieg ariel" strategy is really so much as a strategy as it is a different kinda philosophy with the character. who knows. hell half the reason i'm sayin this is cuz jiggz is always rated low by everyone, and on this forum nobody has any radical new thoughts, ideas, or mentalities in which to approach the character. im proposing one. blitzkrieg ariels. try it lol

Metatitan

Smash Master
i use jiggs because shes really good in doubles. using her on her own in singles is stupid, she has too many unwinnable matchups. i use her cuz shes fun and i'll probly end up doing MM's and friendlies with her, but jiggs is not a tournament-viable character. she has priority but not enough range, a nonexistent groundgame, difficulty killing and a move that has three seconds of lag to it (rest) with not enough knockback. luigi's fire uppercut, ike snake and ddd's f smashes have greater knockback and they all have less risk and less lag. not to mention rest can be a ***** to hit with because of the lack of hitstun. say what you want but jiggs is not tourny-viable, shes fun and good for doubles but in singles i don't see her doing too well

SDC

Smash Lord
lol metas a hater but if yall take my advice we cant take her to the top!! hell we can take down M2K's mk!!!

lol jk meta makes some valid points, however i do think she's tourney viable, and yes she is good in singles, i know because i **** with her in singles, and singles is all i do. dam i need to start goin to tourneys to test myself out on the rest of the world. dont know how id fair against mks, but whatever gotta start somewhere lol. anyway her ground game is not non-existent. a while ago i would have agreed with meta on this but the more i experiment, the more i start to see woody's point of view, where the ground game can be a factor, especially in turning the tide in jiggy's favor, also to throw off opponents who expect her to only be in the air. ive found that any and all of her ground moves have their usefulness yes including sporadic d-tilts. yes it sounds crazy but d-tilts can be used. as i said sporadically, rarely, to throw off the opponent, as an edgeguard, but the point is it can be used.
rest has been nerfed but i am getting better at it, if i just put my mind to it i can set it up and KO with it, it just takes practice and focus.
jiggz can be better people we just need to think out of the box and do the unexpected.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
lol unfortunately superknightowlfromyoutube, no rollout kills are not legit. believe me i've tried. yes rollout kills online are successful, but irl you either get blocked, dodged, or worse yet, countered.
1. You ***** my username. Hard

2. You used double negatives

:urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

I'm going to assume you meant no rollout kills are legit.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
To seanthedonconsidine:

Congratulations! You have discovered the Internet!

There are a few tips you should follow that will have you "surfing the Web" like a pro in no time!

First, remember that most people probably don't care about anything you have to say. If you think they would be interested, you are probably wrong. Always carefully consider whether or not you actually have anything to add to a discussion, and whether or not it has already been said before. Make sure to read all the posts on a subject before posting in a forum, in case someone else already posted the same thing. Lastly, if you think anything you say on the Internet is going to inspire someone in some way, you are definitely wrong.

Second, you may have noticed that certain letters in this message are capitalized. Capital letters are a powerful tool that can help you communicate, but only when used carefully. Use the "Shift" keys (not Caps Lock!) to captialize proper nouns, the word I, and the first letter of each sentence. Don't be surprised if you start doing this and people begin to compliment you on how educated you appear!

Third, punctuation is a similar tool that is very powerful as well. Besides punctuation at the end of sentences, you may wish to separates phrases with commas. This is a great idea, but be cautious! You could only use commas to separate number place value, denote an aside remark in a sentence, two phrases of a sentence, or a list. (Like that!) Never conjoin more than two independent phrases together with commas: Think of commas as a semi-truck, not a train.

Finally, keep your posts brief as possible. Avoid pointless filler like swearing, acronyms, and adverbs. Try not to make a "wall of text" that no one is going to read. Use proper formatting, and take advantage of the HTML tag options of your forum with moderation. Readability is king!

The Internet may seem very intimidating to new users, but don't worry. If you can follow these tips, you will become a treasured memeber in any Internet community!

Sincerely,

~The Rest of The Internet

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Anyhow, spammers aside, I still don't but into any of this nonsense. The only reason to play Jigglypuff is because you are good with Jigglypuff. It's nice to not have people call me a tier-***** or whatever, but people who john about tiers aren't worth playing anyway. I've never been to a tourney that gave a prize to the top-player-who-didn't-win-but-gee-whiz-he-played-a-low-tier.

Sniper, you need to start killing with fair. Specifically practice not using fair in most of your matchups, and then unleasing it at the appropriate time to KO. If fair has failed to kill or you can't land one, then you try to kill with a dash attack. Jigglypuff has very specific KO options... It's far better than characters that have either just one or practically zero kill moves, but it is limited enough to require specific thought. This ain't Fox or G&W.

SDC

Smash Lord
to supernightowlfromyoutube:

yeah i was typin fast, i meant online rollout kills are not legit. irl you get blocked, dodged, or if their good enough, countered.

to thinkaman:

unfortunately people like you who have a few vids and won some tourneys think that gives you the right to be a **** to anybody else. yes i like your vids, i respect that your good, but dont condescend me. i dont give a **** how hard the people here ride your prick, i wont. your good. not the best, but good. i dont think i could do better, but then again, i haven't gone to any tournaments so i dont know for sure how good i am.

dont look at my stupid status "smash n00b" and think that i am in any way a "n00b". noob is a word that nerds invented to make themselves feel better about their meaningless lives because they are better at a VIDEO GAME than someone else is. i dont care how much better someone else is at a video game than i am, because it doesnt matter. two monkeys in a cage can through **** at each other, and one monkey can be more accurate and masterful with how he throws his ****, but then again, there just still to ****ing monkeys in a cage throwin **** at each other. their not really doing anything. same thing with video games. two nerds can be sittin in a basement, playin a fighting game, one can be a better with combos and how he presses the buttions, but in the end, it doesnt matter. their just two nerds sittin in a basement pressing buttons staring at a screen. they're not really fighting.

i've seen you pull this **** before, someone says something you're not particularly fond of, and then you copy and paste the same stupid page from microsoft word or notepad or wherever the **** you get that little "message from the internet" spiel, and people on here dickride and say your witty, because you've won some tourneys with a character that they all like. great, no really, great, i respect a jigglypuff player who is able to win tournaments, as due to the fact that sakurai nerfed the **** out of rest, took out all the hitstun, added in multiple airdodges, made her the slowest ****ing character, and allows her to get killed at 30% kind of makes her a hard character to be. i like jigglypuff for the aforementioned reasons in my last post. now, i respect the fact that your good enough with her to win tournaments. good for you. congratulations. but when the people who win these contests allow it to puff up their ego, they use it to mask their feelings of inadequacy, and start being ***** online. and of course, the mods allow it, "because they're the best of us after all". and the underlings, those poor little eye-coordinationless saps hammering away at their controllers who can't do **** with the character that you so well use, jump up and down on your **** in awe of your skill "he's so awesome". great, i'm glad you've got your fans, i'm glad, we all need to have people who like us. but don't think that just because you have a bunch of dickriders hoppin up and down on you that your always right, that your always funny, and your always good. because i'll be honest, your not. you have much advise to offer on the topic of how to be jigglypuff, but as far as funny goes, you don't have it. its just like all of those online web comics, those poor nerds think their so great and funny, and they have other less ambitious nerds telling them so, so they think it must be true. im tired of it. im calling you out. your not funny, your not witty, your not cool. your really good with jigglypuff, but im not bad with her either. i don't have a video camera, but if i ever get one, i will post a video up soon so my skill with the character can be critiqued. i will still continue to watch your vids as you are one of my favorite brawl jiggz users, but im not gonna sit here and let you just verbally slap me in face and watch wall all your pathetic nerd fans laugh. ive seen you do this before, matter of a fact, ive seen plenty of people on other forums discussing much more vitally important topics (healthcare, genecide in darfur, the institutionalized racism that still affects the black community) resort to the same old "message from the rest internet" lines, the old "this is how you use the CAPS LOCK (HEY LOOK I'M USING IT, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!), and "heres where the 'ol shift button is" and im tired of it. its not funny, its not witty, its not cool, its just lame, annoying, and pathetic that you have to resort to the same **** rhetoric over and over on multiple people just to feel good about yourself. its dumb. stop it. really. im tired of it. im sick and tired of it. continue to post vids of yourself as jiggz kicking ***, because i know i will watch and learn from them, but don't try to be funny at my expense. anyone with a mind of their own won't buy it.

to Stingers135:

please, don't be meatriding sheep. just because you like his vids (just like me) doesn't mean you have to wrap those lips around his **** and suck out his bladder through his ****-hole. really. you don't.

unfortunately my membership (not me) is relatively new to this site (i have used this site as a resource throughout the years never bothering to make an account) so i appear to be new to the game, but i assure you, my account itself is new to this site, but i myself am not. my account is new to this site, but i myself am not new to the smash bros series. i played SSB64 sporadically, owned and dominated on melee, and now own brawl (im disapointed with brawl, but arent we all). i like to think of myself as good at brawl. i would like to play people online. now, i hate jigglypuff dittos (all dittos for a matter of a fact, i might as well play a level 9 CPU, thats how the battles end up being like), and if my ****ty comcast internet and god-awful linksys router will not lag long enough to where it looks like im watching a replay of yesterday's thoughts, i would like to play some of you. some of you who are probably thinking i am a n00b lol, my friend code is in my sig, add me. fight me. i will have fun, brawl is fun to me. hell thinkaman, i'd even love to play you, lol i'd probably lose, but hell itd be fun and i'd probably learn a few new tips and tricks from it. i dont know if i'll be able to be on tonight, but add me (somebody), and you can sometime see what i've got (i know i'll be on this friday).

i know i've ranted on for paragraphs, but i'm sick of online ***** like thinkaman attacking me and others and getting away with it because the mods and fans are too busy jumping up and down on their ***** to realize they just might be *******s. thanks

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I play jigglypuff because she is fun to play.

She also does better than my other secondaries, especially in certain annoying matchups for my main. I can switch up my playstyle/note weaknesses in my opponent in a different way than my main, too. My biggest problem against skilled players is keeping that stock lead without getting KOd earlier than I had wanted.

SDC

Smash Lord
unfortuantely metatitan, i believe the part where i talked about dickriders applies to you.
i don't care if you think i look dumb, your going to think whatever i do loses to thinkaman anyway. and i said what i said because he comes from a long line of internet pricks, of whom of i am sick of.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Anyhow, spammers aside, I still don't but into any of this nonsense. The only reason to play Jigglypuff is because you are good with Jigglypuff. It's nice to not have people call me a tier-***** or whatever, but people who john about tiers aren't worth playing anyway. I've never been to a tourney that gave a prize to the top-player-who-didn't-win-but-gee-whiz-he-played-a-low-tier.

Sniper, you need to start killing with fair. Specifically practice not using fair in most of your matchups, and then unleasing it at the appropriate time to KO. If fair has failed to kill or you can't land one, then you try to kill with a dash attack. Jigglypuff has very specific KO options... It's far better than characters that have either just one or practically zero kill moves, but it is limited enough to require specific thought. This ain't Fox or G&W.
I suck so bad at sweet spotting f-air and it makes such a nice approach as it can combo into n-air and grabs. What I hate about f-air is if you screw up, it's already staled. :( I could try dash attack but I won't be getting any early kills with that. :ohwell:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
GIANT WALL OF RANT
First off, there are three problems here. I'm going to address each one in turn.

The first problem is that you think I am belittling you for no reason. That is not the case. I sarcastically criticized your post because it was an unreadable mess that was spamming up this sub-forum. I don't care how many posts you have or how good or bad you are at a video game. I care that your posting is terrible. Seriously... use proper formatting and capital letters, avoid run on sentences, and stick to point instead of going off on mini-rants. Then people will actually read what you have to say.

Second, you come across as very angry and profane. This makes people automatically hostile against you, which is already bad if they also automatically assumed you are an idiot because your posts are unreadable. Now I know you aren't stupid, and I know you are that mean of a person... nobody is. You just can't communicate like that and expect to be treated decently. Tone down the profanity and personal attacks.

Third, you top this off with an anti-establishment mentality. You've cast your own little drama in your head where I'm the high-school jock bulley, random people like meta are my little cronies, and the mods are like adoring teachers who never punish the cool kids. Sorry, but that's not reality. I actually got a warning for that post, because airgemini is an old fuddy duddy who is out to get me. As for the random other people, I'd trade the whole lot of you for another g-reg, sorry guys.

The world isn't out to get you, or at least I'm not.

EDIT: Oh, and not that it matters, but I wrote out that letter from the Internet bit off the top of my head. No copypasta here.

Now... Sniper!

Dash attack is a surprisingly good killer. Use it some, and you might surprise yourself.

Remember that Jigglypuff is pretty darn good at doing damage, so there's no need for a fixation on low-percent KOs. Keep in mind that u-tilt is like a free, automatic KO at 150% because no one expects it!

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I play Jiggs near as well as some of the other characters I play as. I just have this foolish, undying devotion towards her that I can't seem to shake off.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
First off, there are three problems here. I'm going to address each one in turn.

The first problem is that you think I am belittling you for no reason. That is not the case. I sarcastically criticized your post because it was an unreadable mess that was spamming up this sub-forum. I don't care how many posts you have or how good or bad you are at a video game. I care that your posting is terrible. Seriously... use proper formatting and capital letters, avoid run on sentences, and stick to point instead of going off on mini-rants. Then people will actually read what you have to say.

Second, you come across as very angry and profane. This makes people automatically hostile against you, which is already bad if they also automatically assumed you are an idiot because your posts are unreadable. Now I know you aren't stupid, and I know you are that mean of a person... nobody is. You just can't communicate like that and expect to be treated decently. Tone down the profanity and personal attacks.

Third, you top this off with an anti-establishment mentality. You've cast your own little drama in your head where I'm the high-school jock bulley, random people like meta are my little cronies, and the mods are like adoring teachers who never punish the cool kids. Sorry, but that's not reality. I actually got a warning for that post, because airgemini is an old fuddy duddy who is out to get me. As for the random other people, I'd trade the whole lot of you for another g-reg, sorry guys.

The world isn't out to get you, or at least I'm not.

EDIT: Oh, and not that it matters, but I wrote out that letter from the Internet bit off the top of my head. No copypasta here.

Now... Sniper!

Dash attack is a surprisingly good killer. Use it some, and you might surprise yourself.

Remember that Jigglypuff is pretty darn good at doing damage, so there's no need for a fixation on low-percent KOs. Keep in mind that u-tilt is like a free, automatic KO at 150% because no one expects it!
Yeah... it is true what you are saying.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Good players will start avoiding the fair like swine flu once they get close to 100%. This is your license to rack of damage with other moves. Fair, dash attack, or harassment damage until a u-tilt. Make your opponent pick their poison.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
The problem is once we found out that rest was nerfed, people forgot about Jigglypuff. However, as stated before Jigglypuff can make up for that with her f-air and other damaging moves,

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
**** thinkaman you're one tough Jigglypuff O_o

About the killing, my biggest problem about killing with Jigglypuff is that I always screw myself when I fail to sweet spot the fair against an opponent, then it loses its freshness and I have to use other moves and won't be able to kill for like another 20-40%.

I've studied the other characters and seen what %'s they can die at. How exactly can I trick them into getting hit by my fair since most of the time their shielding and they can punish the fair or pound? Grabbing is a hard approach also since most of them will retaliate regardless if I attack or not and airdoding into the ground doesn't make you invincible.

unfortuantely metatitan, i believe the part where i talked about dickriders applies to you.
i don't care if you think i look dumb, your going to think whatever i do loses to thinkaman anyway. and i said what i said because he comes from a long line of internet pricks, of whom of i am sick of.
I know how you feel, the best thing you should do in this situation is not talk back. Your arguments are just going to hurt yourself. I had to deal with Plank's "Plank vs Dapuffster: The Real Deal" thread but I ignored it and stopped posting there because regardless of what I said nobody would agree with me. Your post was kinda hard to read and was kinda childish. You just can't call everyone a ******** when they say stuff like this to you, it dosn't get anywhere.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
My Jiggz goal is not to suck as her anymore...

But that's not gonna happen anytime soon. -_-

PND

Smash Champion
I usually get my fair kills by hitting a nonsweeted spot one into a sweetspot one. I almost never hit it the first time because as Thinkaman said, the opponents are trying to avoid it at all costs. Poke them with it and see how they react, if they air dodge immediately, follow them and hit it after. If not, watch which way they DI and fall / jump to compensate.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
You can get fresh sweet spotted fairs out of air-dodges pretty easily, it's like an easier knee.

PND

Smash Champion
If they airdodge, yeah, I punish with the SSfair. If they move backwards and try and space me with an aerial, that's when I usually poke to SS.

SDC

Smash Lord
to thinkaman:

my original post was repetitive and rambling, however not deserving of your response. my response was overly insulting and uncalled for. i admit that. i had just been arguing with somebody else on another forum who was being a complete **** to everyone else in the forum, and i did not feel like dealing with somebody else, so when i saw your comment i lost my cool and got pissed off. and i do apologize for taking my frustration with somebody else to this forum, that was irresponsible.

oh cmon, people swear, its part of life, now yes i over did it in my rant, however, plenty of people swear in this forum and others. its part of life. get over it.

lol anti-establishment mentality, cmon just because i point out an already obvious online social system that occurs on many forums, the guy who is has skill at whatever it is the forum is about and the less skilled nerds all kiss his *** unquestioningly. it happens all the time (especially here). now just because you are at the receiving end of alot of this ***-kissing it doesn't mean you have to just deny its existence. you can be very well happy to receive it and still recognize its existence. its called self-awareness. dont use that cliche high school analogy: dont try to belittle my argument by portraying me as paranoid and having a persecution complex.
yes i know the world isn't out to get me, and i'm certainly glad you aren't. i wouldn't want that lol, you're too likable.

"Oh, and not that it matters, but I wrote out that letter from the Internet bit off the top of my head. No copypasta here". i'm sure, however i've seen the same lines on different sites from different people an innumerable amount of times. the sarcastic condescending diatribe about how somebody doesn't know how to use the caps lock button is tired, overused, and unimaginative.

in summary, i'm not happy about the fact that i posted that original post or the rant following it. however, i'm also not happy about the fact you jumped on it just to try to get a laugh. that was a **** move. whether or not deserved is for everyone to decide for themselves. now this is all a bunch of bull**** so lets just get on with the discussion at hand:

what i would like to know is if there is an AT or some other way that enables jiggy's fair to be unstaled, or refreshed, or what have you. i haven't heard of one, however i heard that samus has a way she can refresh her charge shot to full power again. of course there's the whole "just do a bunch of other moves" line but i was just wondering if there was anything you could do about getting it refreshed quickly and immediately like samus.

another thing, this may sound crazy but i think we may also want to find a few more ways to get rest involved, whether this is the discovery of a few combos or ATs, rest is one of our few killing moves and despite its crappyness can turn the tide of battle. however, at this point in time rest is unfortunately untouched and for the most part unused in competitive play, and i think we will need to somehow someway change that to get more competitive results for jiggz. its just a thought.

lastly we may want to find a few ATs for rollout, it's one of jigg's few powerful moves and i would like to see it involved more, however that's not going to happen without a few new ATs.

"I usually get my fair kills by hitting a nonsweeted spot one into a sweetspot one. I almost never hit it the first time because as Thinkaman said, the opponents are trying to avoid it at all costs. Poke them with it and see how they react, if they air dodge immediately, follow them and hit it after. If not, watch which way they DI and fall / jump to compensate."
exactly, amen i wish more jiggz users knew this, it'll help us all get more KOs with it, other ways i've SS fair is to hit them as i'm falling down to them when they try to recover, and also when their jumping up from the stage's edge i go in quick with a fair. i don't know about you guys but in my own playstyle momentum plays a big part in ss fair.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
**** thinkaman you're one tough Jigglypuff O_o

About the killing, my biggest problem about killing with Jigglypuff is that I always screw myself when I fail to sweet spot the fair against an opponent, then it loses its freshness and I have to use other moves and won't be able to kill for like another 20-40%.

This is the same problem I have. Either I can't sweetspot it, or it's stale.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
*shortage of upper case letters*
Your posts are still hard to read, mate.

Anyhow, "ATs" are not the be-all-end-all of this game. One doesn't look for ATs, they are just an abstract term for quirky things in the game that 95% of the time are useless.

There's no AT that has anything to do with stale moves. PT and Zelda/Shiek can change to clear their list (Samus too I suppose), and anyone can attack any hitbox (damageable items or parts of the stage) to clear their list. This only really comes into play on Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion, and Skyworld (rarely if ever legal), though it's a good habit to bair Shy Guys or the balloon.

Veril has put quite a lot of work into finding uses for Rest. You can look up his topic.

Rollout is what it is, and we're highly unlikely to discover some mythical new way to use it.It's a bad move that shouldn't work but does, and gets easy KOs. Understanding rest is more about reading your opponent than understanding the game.

This is the same problem I have. Either I can't sweetspot it, or it's stale.
If it's stale, then that means you've been hitting with it. :) So... stop that! Go bair happy! Some good habits from Melee never die...

SDC

Smash Lord
I dont know how to quote people on boards lol, so all I can say is thanks thinkaman for clarifying that for me, I wasn't exaclty sure exactly how the stale/refresh system worked, so thanks for that.

"*shortage of upper case letters*
Your posts are still hard to read, mate."
lol just cuz u asked i'll try mate.

What you mean ATs are 95% useless? They changed the way the game was played in melee, now i know brawl is a different thing altogether, but some glitch that would help out jiggz would, well, help out jiggz. I know ATs aren't everything, but any little thing that could help would be great. I mean hell there are ATs that make mario able to give opponents extra hitlag. That extra lag can be enough to get off a smash. This is important. Not all ATs matter but some can give you a slight extra boost that can help you.
ATs aren't everything, but they can give you that slight boost that can make a difference in a fight.

I thought I already looked at veril's post, but I will look it over again, thanks.

Yeah I know, rollout feels like it has no priority when its stopped by sonic's jab lol. I'm kidding of course but that's basically what happens lol. Rollout gets kills I think because of its speed, it works on people with ****ty reflexes, people with button lag, and people who underestimate its duration. Other than that it doesn't work, I was hoping we could find something that would cancel it, or maybe allow it to go through opponents moves, like maybe a few invincibility frames or something. But of course the wishing well is dry on this one so we aren't going to get that, so maybe we could just hope rest starts killing at 0% rofl.

"If it's stale, then that means you've been hitting with it. So... stop that! Go bair happy! Some good habits from Melee never die.."
Lol I love bair as much as anybody, but, Fair is so much sexier! **** sakurai keeping us from usin our character the way we should.

PND

Smash Champion
Brawl + fixes that, though. Hey, hey, hey, fair spam all day.

AT's don't make the game. Hell, I remember hearing about an ATless Fox that firsted a pretty reputable tourney without even wavedashing. (I can only assume he L canceled though, lol.) Strong fundamentals matter most, everything else is secondary. But Melee is a vastly different
better
game than Brawl is, you can't really compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom