• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Quotes

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.”

Nikola Tesla

This is a really powerful statement.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
- George Carlin
"'You look like a million dollars,' my doctor said, 'Green and wrinkled."
- Red Skelton

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA"
Kujo Jotaro & Jolyne Jotaro

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA"
Kujo Jotaro & Jolyne Jotaro
"MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA"
Dio Brando

I had to.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
"I'm telling you, just attach a big parachute TO THE PLANE ITSELF! Is anyone listening to me?!"

-jack handey

"I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It would take about a billion ants just to AIM a gun at me, let alone fire it. And you know what I'm doing while they're aiming it at me? I just sort of slip off to the side, and then suddenly run up and kick the gun out of their hands."

-jack handey

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
to sing you must first open your mouth, you must have a pair of lungs, and a little knowledge of music. its not necessary to have an acordian, or a guitar. the essential thing is that i want to sing, and this is the song im singing..

L__

Smash Master
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

L__

Smash Master
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Tacel

Smash Lord
"I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something. - That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for."

- Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Movie)

MrBlueSky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RowdyRags
"Do you want to see them? For they are on the TV show. The TV show of your tears!"-Dimentio from Super Paper Mario

"All your base are belong to us"

" I have found out that that screaming noise you make can be turned into music
you know...
music...
trollface.jpg"

And for something serious...

"Communism is the perfect system, in theory. As are Monarchy, Fascism and Democracy. The only reason they don't work, is because of Human nature to pervert the situation into the best one for them. Nothing else."
–Samuel Webster

vincent4243

Smash Rookie
France, and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing though is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster.

Tacel

Smash Lord
"I don't like penguins. They don't even try to fly. I bet if they would just try a little harder, they'd get it!" - One of my best friends

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
My head hits the pillow, a weeping willow

I can't sleep, a pain so deep it bellows

But these Cellos, help just to keep me mellow

Hands on my head, touch knees to elbows

-Eminem

July

Smash Apprentice
A serious one....
"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss." ~From The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

And a less serious one...
"If eating cake off the trunk of a car at 12:30 in the morning in an abandoned parking lot isn't shifty, then I don't know what is" ~one of my friends while eating cake in a parking lot after seeing "Get Him to the Greek"

.Marik

is a social misfit
"I once prayed to God for a bike, but then I found out things don't quite work that way.

So I stole one, and prayed for God's forgiveness."

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
Huey: You want to start a fundraiser with no cause?
Riley: Cause n***a? I'm the cause! Cause I want a house, cause I want a yacht, cause I wanna get this quat(?) n***a, that's the cause.

Huey: Riley I'm going to tell you everything that's about to happen if you do this and how bad this is going to end. First of all..

Riley: Aw stop right there! Every time I wanna do something you tell me what's going to happen first, and then that's what happens. And you always ruin the endings of stuff man, I'm sick of it. I want to be surprised this time.

Huey: So no matter how bad it is, you don't want to hear it.
Riley: Nope.
Huey: Cause it's really bad.
Riley: EH! spoiler alert n***a! Keep it to yourself!

Lurker guy

Smash Apprentice
"War has changed."
-Snake, Metal Gear Solid 4
"War. War never changes."
-Fallout 3 opening narration

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
George Carlin. Master of the Quotable Sayings.

"I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me - they're cramming for their final exam. "

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. "

"I once typed 'Google' into Google. And guess what came up? EVERYTHING."

I can name a few but these are the only ones I can recall at the moment.

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
"Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity..." Bull
"Men only think of their past right before their death, as if they were searching frantically for proof that they were alive." Jet
"Whatever happens, happens." Spike
All from Cowboy Bebop

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Hey man, I'm alive, I'm takin' each day and night at a time
Yeah, I'm down, but I know I'll get by
Hey hey hey hey man, I gotta live my life
Like I ain't got nothin' but this roll of the dice
I'm feelin' like a Monday, but someday I'll be Saturday night

-Bon Jovi

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wrap it or slap it - A condom slogan

"What do You call a boomerang that doesn't come back? A Cancer Patient"

Wrong, but that comes from my friend irl.

Top Bottom