• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ally: Snake is not the second best character. What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I've got no knowledge at all that will be useful in saying if Snake is best or not, but it sounded like Ally wanted to let Snake move to his "natural" position -- like he felt he was driving Snake higher than he deserved.

So he doesn't want to push some other character up higher than they deserve either, meaning the only character available for him to play is MK (Since he's the only character that's accepted as top by pretty much everyone -- so he can't be bumped up to a higher point than he should be by Ally maining him)

That's what it read like to me at least.
I'm rewording this, but you are making it sound like Ally is a cocky ******* and thinks he shouldn't play Snake because Snake isn't worthy of his skill. As someone who has met, talked to, played and drove him around NJ trying to find find someone to take him to Port Authority (anyone with an NJ license can't drive outside of the state until they are 18. I'm 17) he is not like that. Just because Snake isn't #2 doesn't mean he isn't a beastly character. The only characters that can rival him of that #2 spot is Diddy and ICs. Maybe Wario or Falco but I highly doubt it. He also hypes C. Falcon in every low tier event making him look like not bottom tier garbage and actually really legit. He almost beat Dojo's MK with C. Falcon at APEX on livestream but it was on Delfino so I'll forgive Ally for losing that.

With everything aside, he is a better Snake player than he is an MK player. He's good but he would probably lose to top level MK's in MK dittos that he would win if he went Snake.

Also, his MK is very flawed. He DOES NOT use tornado! The one time I saw him use 'nado, he SD'd.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I'm rewording this, but you are making it sound like Ally is a cocky ******* and thinks he shouldn't play Snake because Snake isn't worthy of his skill. As someone who has met, talked to, played and drove him around NJ trying to find find someone to take him to Port Authority (anyone with an NJ license can't drive outside of the state until they are 18. I'm 17) he is not like that.
I was basing my analysis primarily on this quote from Ally:
that's my plan, I feel like im one of the only reason Snake is SOOOO high in the tier list. Time to change that.
You may interpret it however you like, to me it reads that he believes he is one of the biggest factors (If not the biggest factor) in Snake being placed 2nd, and thus wants to let the order sort itself out without him skewing it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
1. With everything aside, he is a better Snake player than he is an MK player. He's good but he would probably lose to top level MK's in MK dittos that he would win if he went Snake.

2. Also, his MK is very flawed. He DOES NOT use tornado! The one time I saw him use 'nado, he SD'd.
No and No. You don't need to know or use every aspect of a character to beat everyone with them, especially MK. For a long time M2K barely used tornado but still dominated the scene. And Ally could probably beat any top MK in the US in dittos, just so you know.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No and No. You don't need to know or use every aspect of a character to beat everyone with them, especially MK. For a long time M2K barely used tornado but still dominated the scene. And Ally could probably beat any top MK in the US in dittos, just so you know.
Idk about that I could name a couple of MK that I doubt he could be in ditto's. They just have way more experience unless he's been trying with a extremely high level MK I don't buy it.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Idk about that I could name a couple of MK that I doubt he could be in ditto's. They just have way more experience unless he's been trying with a extremely high level MK I don't buy it.
Lol been trying with an extremely high level MK? Like M2K mabye?

I've played him in dittos, I've played M2K in dittos. I've watched him play M2K in dittos. I wouldn't doubt it at all.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just leave the man aloooooooooone.

If this thread turns into a discussion about Ally and what he thinks then surely a mod will close it down; threads about specific people aren't allowed. So keep it real, guys.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Lol been trying with an extremely high level MK? Like M2K mabye?

I've played him in dittos, I've played M2K in dittos. I've watched him play M2K in dittos. I wouldn't doubt it at all.
Yeah like that that's why I left myself that lil out. If that the case then it may be different however there are still a couple of MK who has m2k EXP. I don't know how much they train together or how often. But that could also benefit ally depending of course.

4nace

Smash Ace
Honestly there is no way Snake is not #2. He can be gimped so easily. He gets gayed by Diddy and Falco on the right levels. He is super stage dependent and can lose if he doesn't ban the right stages. Also he is slow. The only thing cool about him is if you team up with a Donkey Kong he can grab your box and gimp Links of the level... other than that, he's probably mid-tier i'd say.

Its clear that the real #2 and the character that Ally needs to start tourneying with is
Not Snake
Not Falco
Not Diddy

But Sonic!
He has the fastest Dash in the game! And some of his Animations are pretty kewwwll!!!! Annndddd.... I know his down-B and Side-B are pretty similar and boring but he has a move that Homes in on the Enemy for you! It's like a guaranteed hit. I promise you that if Ally mained Sonic, he would never lose a single tourney match again.

/thread

4nace

Smash Ace
But...... he's...... soo...... fast!

Plus Ally is a Man's man so that means if he doesn't want to start doing full tourneys with Falcon then he should be playing Sonic (actually he should still play Snake haha, I just realized, if Ally picked up Ganon as well he would play the manliest men who ever manned.)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake gates ***** and still win because he lives forever and kills with 3 times less hits (he deals massive damage and kills early). He's not Ganondorf who just looks how much damage he gets without ability to break the combo. Snake has Grenades. Snake is not sluggish in the ground, and he has DACUS to move quickly. And for his recovery, he has DI. If you are good at it, Snake will be impossible to gimp most of he times, because he's unreachable at higher heights. He actually has a better recovery than many other heavyweights. Also, I think the only bad stage he has is Brinstar, which is not that bad, as RC allows him to kill with utilt a WAY earlier.

Sonic sucks, he can't kill at all, as you can just react to it and he has no kill throws.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Honestly there is no way Snake is not #2. He can be gimped so easily. He gets gayed by Diddy and Falco on the right levels. He is super stage dependent and can lose if he doesn't ban the right stages. Also he is slow. The only thing cool about him is if you team up with a Donkey Kong he can grab your box and gimp Links of the level... other than that, he's probably mid-tier i'd say.

Its clear that the real #2 and the character that Ally needs to start tourneying with is
Not Snake
Not Falco
Not Diddy

But Sonic!
He has the fastest Dash in the game! And some of his Animations are pretty kewwwll!!!! Annndddd.... I know his down-B and Side-B are pretty similar and boring but he has a move that Homes in on the Enemy for you! It's like a guaranteed hit. I promise you that if Ally mained Sonic, he would never lose a single tourney match again.

/thread
That's one of the most silliest posts I have ever seen. Homing attack isnt a guaranteed hit... and Sonic sucks. If only his B-air and D-smash was stronger, or if his N-air was as strong as MK's. Then he wouldn't suck.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
rofl. It took 15 pages before the Sonic is #2 post started up. I'm unimpressed. *insert side taunt here*

I would educate about Sonic, seeing as he's still slightly misunderstood... but no one would care. He's obviously not #2 material though.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Guys guys guys.

There are ulterior motives here.

Can't you see? Ally playing Mk will push the Banning Mk argument off the cliff.

M2K says he'll stop playing brawl if MK is gone.

NO MK, NO MEW2KING.

And Ally will be makin dat $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ once M2k is out of the picture.

lololol

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Guys guys guys.

NO MK, NO MEW2KING.

lololol
I...

That's genious.... then the only one that stands a chance against Ally is DEHF. Ally should second Icy's.

TKD

Smash Lord
Snake, Marth, Falco and Pit are pretty much just as good, except Falco is countered by Pikachu and the other 3 don't have hard counters. Diddy Kong is good too. Meta Knight is better than all of them. That's my opinion.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
this thread makes me lol

Many people been suggesting that Diddy may be better than Snake for a while now and people laugh or just shrug off the suggestion. Ally goes MK in one tourney and there's a fifteen page thread about it.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Who else could generate six pages of discussion on them dropping their character?

nailaaa

Smash Rookie
hi all im new here and lol i have read all teh posts
and posting now my first

it seems like

METAKNIGHT #1
SNAKE #2
Diddy/IC's/Falco #3

hmmm....

sad always played link -_-

it seems like if i want to play good i need to reroll

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Sorry but on how much I love the inclution of Solid Snake in Brawl, he could of been better. I mean, they made him completely slow and two good things: Powerful and the Master of Projectiles. If hackers added him instead of Nintendo, he would of been ALOT better.

I'm saying if hackers added him I could picture him pulling out his pistol he never uses or maybe so even more tough weapons that comes from his trademarked games. So, I think Snake is still number one because he is still good but could of been better and needs some hackers work.....

If Gray Fox was in Brawl, (Some people who arn't Metal Gear Fans know him just from the Assist Trophy) we would need to add a place higher than #1 because he would outbeat the 1st by far. That just is if he was hacked into the game not made by Nintendo. Nintendo would make him a discrace because they couldn't handle how good he is in the game Metal Gear Solid. I can just picture him shooting somone with the cannon built in his hand.

I do not HATE Nintendo I just think they equaled the characters to much. If you look correctly, Kirby could beat Snake if Snake was on a level 1 and Kirby on level 9. But in reality, that couldn't happen.

Feels

Smash Cadet
Brawl is not reality. Not even close.
Besisdes,they wanted the game T, so NO GUNS. Snake would probobly be lower if he had guns anyway. I mean, imagine how good snake would be without grenades or C4?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
he'd still have those broken *** tilts.

and I think a FAMAS would be pretty beast... yeah

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Snake, Marth, Falco and Pit are pretty much just as good, except Falco is countered by Pikachu and the other 3 don't have hard counters. Diddy Kong is good too. Meta Knight is better than all of them. That's my opinion.
lolwut?

Pit's good.... but I've yet to see him bring S-tier material.

And y'all should just let Ally be. His thoughts =/= the absolute truth. I talked to Shiz at Genesis and he said Sheik's the best in Melee. Just because one pro says something doesn't mean it's right. Chill.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Lol, Snake is already amazing as a character. He doesn't have to be better. I don't like Ganondorf having rivals in kill power when he has one million weaknesses. Snake actually competes in kill power with Ganon, but he has an infinitely better pressure, is heavier despite being shorter, has infinitely better Oos options, a way better recovery, better mobility, better range, has projectiles and has safeness on shields. Yet there's still a lot of things that Snake does better than Ganon.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Guys guys guys.

NO MK, NO MEW2KING.

lololol
this is probably the best post I have ever seen. THe best part about it is that it makes TOO much sense.
this thread makes me lol

Many people been suggesting that Diddy may be better than Snake for a while now and people laugh or just shrug off the suggestion. Ally goes MK in one tourney and there's a fifteen page thread about it.
he's been playing mk longer than that, he's already won several tourneys with mk and competed with top level players I'm pretty sure.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I don't want MK banned from doubles, but from singles, it's not unfair. He has no real weaknesses unlike Snake (just being light, which is hardly a weakness when saying he's small, and slow air speed which is also hardly a weakness when you can glide and have 5 jumps is pretty much all his weaknesses vs easy to juggle as a result of his sluggish aerials, mediocre, if not poor edgeguarding, which is also as a result of his sluggish aerials) and Snake requires a long time playing him, which includes that you want an amazing DI with him to get access of recovering as high as possible+the bonus of his extra duration. Still, he has matchups that can be argued in the opponent's favour (though IMO his worst matchups are 45/55),and matchups like DDD that are never said that they're in Snake's favour, unlike MK.

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
I don't really understand Ally's logic here... So he doesn't main Snake because he isn't second best and he doesn't want people basing Snake's potential off of him... okay, makes sense...

So WHY pick up Metaknight if those are your reasons? It seems like the real reason is: "I want to be the best, so I have to play the best character."

Anyway... I think Snake is still #2 and it sucks that Ally dropped Snake for gay Metaknight instead of picking up a not-quite-as-****-overused good character. Brawl is now just metaknight vs. more metaknights. God, I hate MK doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom