• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Allisbrawl + nvga = supercon aug 13-14 denver, co

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Here is the full list of all SuperCon 2010 seeding qualifiers from Colorado Cutthroat http://bit.ly/crhccM Congrats to all!!

We will have all the other seeding qualifiers from the other NVGA chapters soon!!

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
We will have all the other seeding qualifiers from the other NVGA chapters soon!!
I am supposedly one of these seeding qualifiers because I placed at Toyko in Tulsa, and a hotel room is supposedly going to be provided for me at this event, so I am supposedly attending this.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
I am supposedly one of these seeding qualifiers because I placed at Toyko in Tulsa, and a hotel room is supposedly going to be provided for me at this event, so I am supposedly attending this.
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I'm getting the results from this qualifier soon. What did you place at the event? As for the hotel providing that will fall on your chapter leader Saif Khan.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hrm, I might go Peach for this then. :o

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I hope to see a lot of people that are attending Apex to attend SuperCon. I've never seen the japanese play Smash so I'm very curious where they stand among the american players.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Just so everyone understands how the bonus works:

$500 Melee Singles Bonus
$500 Brawl Singles Bonus
$300 Melee Doubles Bonus
$300 Brawl Doubles Bonus
$200 Highest Placing Low or Mid Tier Player (Melee)
$200 Highest Placing Low or Mid Tier Player (Brawl)

Read some more Supercon news on AllisBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=789
Wait a sec.... so the highest placing low/mid tier player gets $200 on the spot!?!?!?!?

Does that mean that you can NEVER use a high/top tier character to get this bonus as well?

*considering attending for melee*

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
can you play a high tier and beat people with mid tier too? O>O
Wait a sec.... so the highest placing low/mid tier player gets $200 on the spot!?!?!?!?

Does that mean that you can NEVER use a high/top tier character to get this bonus as well?

*considering attending for melee*
I'm wondering too lol I'll go Mid tier until I cant beat Mr. M2K with a mid tier if so haha.

I still think the pot bonus are distributed kinda stupidly.

If melee gets 5 people, they get the same amount of bonus? that's dumb they should do it based on attendance imo. unless BOTH are almost equal then its fine

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. SuperCon has posted some new industry workshops and panels.

http://www.supercon2k.com/industry.php

Also, take a look at the html version of the cutthroat newsletter. This is a special version for SuperCon.

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/NewsLetters/SuperCon/SuperConUpdates.htm

If you want register for the newsletter go here:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/Involve.php

SuperCon is gearing to be a big event in Colorado. If you love gaming this is the place to be in August!!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Alright, so V3ctorman and I are coming to this for sure.

Would anyone be willing to house us please? We'd appreciate it so much if you could.

Also, we are looking for transportation to and from the airport if possible. Pleeeease PM me if you can house both me and Vman. Thank you in advance!

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so V3ctorman and I are coming to this for sure.

Would anyone be willing to house us please? We'd appreciate it so much if you could.

Also, we are looking for transportation to and from the airport if possible. Pleeeease PM me if you can house both me and Vman. Thank you in advance!
We should be able to find u guys housing/transportation. I'll talk to the melee guys.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. What up people, check out the vitaminwater DJ Hero party going on Saturday at SuperCon 2010

http://www.supercon2k.com/industry.php#party

Also, make sure you stay up to date with all the updates for SuperCon 2010

Cutthroat Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Cutthroat_games
NVGA Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NVGAonline

You can also see the updates on the Cutthroat Twitter, Cutthroat site and the NVGA site

As for the mid-low tier clause I will talk to Neal and JV about it!!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll have to double check with JV -- who is in Vegas right now for the World Series of Poker -- but I'm pretty confident that the mid tier bonus requires that you never use a character higher than mid tier. How could it be otherwise? You guys really want M2K/Ally to beat one person with a low tier and claim the prize? :) (No, Ally, you don't get a vote.)

We might consider the following: "highest placing mid tier" means the person who gets furthest into the bracket without switching to a character above mid tier. You can switch at any time if it helps you beat your opponent, but your "placing" in that case would be the last round of the bracket before you made a switch. Example: if X gets 5th place never switching from Sonic, then he's considered a 5th place mid tier finisher. If Ally beats everyone up to losers finals with Falcon but then switches to Snake, he would be considered a 4th place mid tier finisher. This is not an official rule, and should not be interpreted as such. The official rule currently stands as "you must never switch to an above-mid-tier character."

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I'll have to double check with JV -- who is in Vegas right now for the World Series of Poker -- but I'm pretty confident that the mid tier bonus requires that you never use a character higher than mid tier. How could it be otherwise? You guys really want M2K/Ally to beat one person with a low tier and claim the prize? :) (No, Ally, you don't get a vote.)

We might consider the following: "highest placing mid tier" means the person who gets furthest into the bracket without switching to a character above mid tier. You can switch at any time if it helps you beat your opponent, but your "placing" in that case would be the last round of the bracket before you made a switch. Example: if X gets 5th place never switching from Sonic, then he's considered a 5th place mid tier finisher. If Ally beats everyone up to losers finals with Falcon but then switches to Snake, he would be considered a 4th place mid tier finisher. This is not an official rule, and should not be interpreted as such. The official rule currently stands as "you must never switch to an above-mid-tier character."
hmmm neal as always :)

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Totally going to this. Gonna be my first IRL tourney. Probably just gonna be donating money though. :>
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey Sunnysunny, the cool thing about SuperCon is that there is so many other things to do but play in tournament. Unlike most cons tournaments are 1/4 of what you can do at SuperCon. Don't know if you have read the supercon site or the post on all is brawl but you get a lot of stuff and can do variety of things at SuperCon. Either way we are working to make sure you will get your monies worth.

MJG

Smash Hero
On AIB, one of the links that displays this tournament says that the bonus is $400-200 for the highest Mid tier or Low Tier player but it says $200 on this thread now?

Whats the deal D:

And, anyone want to MM? Looking forward to play people from a different region!

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
mjg: it's $200 for each game. It's listed as $400 on AiB because that's how much of the Vitamin Water sponsorship money is going towards the low tier bonus.

Top Bottom