• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Afro's thoughts on Melee Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrach8

Smash Lord
wow this thread is pretty redic. to be honest Fenrir im deeply saddend that you have now changed to a brawl scrub, brawl noob.... what have you.

XIF's post says it all.

Equi did u really have to make this thread? it seems like u cant get over the fact that people, who play melee....... well..... are gunna give brawlers a hard time. IT comes with the territory.... play a noob game get treated like a noob.

Melee is hardly agro, with the exception of fox, who is just the agro type.

LOL AT brawl having depth, if that was the case they wouldnt be banning meta in cali or anything of the sort. The learning curve is just to simple in brawl. The mix up game is hardly there if at all, and there are no legit combos still...... nothing looks cool except for the graphics... yada yada yada.

Any who this thread should be killed. Equi......?.........Y........? Learn how to LCANCEL learn some decent mind games and start playing melee..... oh wait u tried that i guess and couldnt hang.

THREAD'S LIFE ENDED.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Errr, never mind lol. "Edited". This thread is getting really heated so I'll just stay out of this.

Equi

Smash Ace
all i can say is that, if you notice, most of the people who like brawl adamantly and defend it either A) have never played any other competitive fighting game... B)have never played any other fighting game besides Melee... C) were bad at Melee... or D) just like Nintendo (characters or company) more than most people. not saying this always applies, but most who are adamant about the game tend to fall in these categories. a lot of people that like brawl even, and i will use reflex as an example, will tell you up front that brawl is not a good, competitive fighting game. but, he has fun with it, so that's why he plays it. it's ok to play brawl, and do it if you want, but to call it a good competitive fighting game, or better in that aspect than Melee(although there are way better fighting games than Melee) would be just false.
A) Afro Thundah plays other competitive fighting games (i.e. guilty gear) and your point is again attacking and claiming that Brawl competitive players are superficial and limited in playing competitive games is false and again irrelevant.

B) wtf? And where does this logic come from. Where did you pull that out of?

C) Again. Addressed in previous post.

D) Um, okay.

And what you posted, do you realize, that it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the OP original post. You are now doing exactly what we've talking about, putting Brawl players into categories and superficially labeling them. Good ****.

And once again. For the trillionth time. We never stated Brawl was a better game.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
What a revolutionary day it will be when one can post (or post in) pro brawl threads and not have to worry about getting their heads bitten off.

Equi

Smash Ace
wow this thread is pretty redic. to be honest Fenrir im deeply saddend that you have now changed to a brawl scrub, brawl noob.... what have you.

XIF's post says it all.

Equi did u really have to make this thread? it seems like u cant get over the fact that people, who play melee....... well..... are gunna give brawlers a hard time. IT comes with the territory.... play a noob game get treated like a noob.

Melee is hardly agro, with the exception of fox, who is just the agro type.

LOL AT brawl having depth, if that was the case they wouldnt be banning meta in cali or anything of the sort. The learning curve is just to simple in melee. The mix up game is hardly there if at all, and there are no legit combos still...... nothing looks cool except for the graphics... yada yada yada.

Any who this thread should be killed. Equi......?.........Y........? Learn how to LCANCEL learn some decent mind games and start playing melee..... oh wait u tried that i guess and couldnt hang.

THREAD'S LIFE ENDED.
This seriously, is the most ******** fvcking post in the thread.
You sir deserve a medal. Did you not read ANY of this thread at all?
Did you seriously just say, that melee is a TERRITORY? A VIDEO GAME TERRITORY?
Are you really ATTEMPTING to counter our arguements by saying "LOL @ BRAWL HAVING DEPTH". You not only did what we addressed in the OP, you took it to a complete NEW level of then saying we are bad at melee, when not only is it irrelevant (and false) BUT based that pathetic excuse for an arguement off of ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And then doing EXACTLY what we've been discussing and bringing out the "Brawl noob label once again. Good ****.

"Play a noob game get treated like a noob"

You know, I really actually thank you for giving me a prime chalkboard example of the thread at hand. You, my friend, just represented EXACTLY what we're talking about. In fact. You should join us. You would make an amazing representative. Yeah, I can't get over the fact that people play Melee when I fvcking play Melee, gtfoutta here.

And again, you are claiming that certain elements in Brawl don't exist. But I am sorry, friend, but they do.

Many people believe Chess isn't the most exciting game in the world to watch. But hey, chess has ****ty graphics you know. Gee. like graphics have anything to do with competitive gameplay at all. There exists a mix-up, and we even listed the movements and possibilities (though a very narrow scope) which, mind you, if you'd like, I'll go into detail in future posts of the mix-up games and the thought processes behind them.

This is the best example of Melee Enthusiasts, literally NOTHING behind this posts makes sense. There is no logical reasoning, there arent even facts. AND he went on to say that we are bad at melee with absolutely nothing to go off of. Seriously, join us.

Equi

Smash Ace
I doubt saying barwl sucks hurts the scene or all of barwl would have been dead awhile ago (and Melee too if you count the hate on other boards).

Also it is hilarious that you assume you have Melee knoweledge, but haven't really played, but assume I have no knowledge, and I did play for a time (which is why I get to say it sucks).
Did you not read our previous posts, we both play MELEE.
AGAIN
MAYBE IF WE ENLARGE THE TEXT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.
WE BOTH PLAYED MELEE FOR YEARS

Do you STILL not understand?
I assume you have no knowledge of the game of brawl due to your pathetic posts which offer no reasoning (infact have YET to offer reasoning in ANY POST in this thread) and do nothing but what we have addressed in the OP.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe we should each explain why we like which game more, and why we dislike the other. We really don't need to fight about this, this only prevents us from making friends who could have been really great friends (or crappy friends for that matter) if only we each respected our choices.

As Equi has said before, he tries to enlighten us why Brawl is better. Of course, I'll still always practice with melee, but if there is also much depth to Brawl, I wouldn't mind learning to see his point too. I think we are all biased, well not all, but I probaly am, because I don't play Brawl as seriously I play melee.

Of course I hate it when I see my friends getting better than me in brawl, and they all have gotten better. (I have no Wii, and I haven't seen them for months) I feel like a noob when I play my diddy and I don't use my Banana's as much. ****, I like using my peanut pop gun, and it killed fox luckily for me. My friend wouldn't even lend me his controller, what the **** was that? I only then started to shy away from Brawl, I felt as though that friend let it get to his head.

Of course, I like melee better because its faster, and it has my doc in it, a few reasons. But is there something I'm not getting about Brawl? Equi, please tell me. I will be willing to listen, I am no troll. Also tell why you prefer Brawl over Melee, there is no need to argue, no need to get mad.

To end this post, I will leave this here: Why can't we be friends... *singing*

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm only spectating for the most part but holy **** the "territory" thing was absolutely STUPID.

skrach8

Smash Lord
not gunna lie equi/afro..... chess is pretty sick.

the graphics thing went right over your head.

and yes i am a prime example of a melee "enthusiast"

IN SHORT THIS THREAD IS RETARTED. First off did u have to post an entire thread about something so trivial? 1. People are gunna say whatever they feel like, by u posting this garbage just shows that you take everything said to heart. NO ONE GIVES A D.A.M.N.

LOL at this thread, in fact lol at you. The chalkboard line was pretty clever... for a brawl noob...... woops there it goes again.

What im sayin is that there is no reason for post like this. Stop whinning bout people callin you noobs. COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. yes i said it. PLAY A NUB GAME GET CALLED A NUB. is that better?

YOUR post had nothing relavent in it at all. all you did was repeat what i said and add "really" to the end of it.

Everything was deliberate...... cuz once again this thread is a waste of time.

Ill be taking that fvckin medal now...... SIR!!!

AND WHO THE FVCK IS MASTER RAVEN??????????? HOW BOUT I TAKE A MAJOR **** ON YOU.....?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm only spectating for the most part but holy **** the "territory" thing was absolutely STUPID.

Lasts Forever. Once played, any further cards that are played are counted as "unique", IE only one may be in play at any time. Any cards out count towards this, but any doubles in play will remain so.

Equi

Smash Ace
Maybe we should each explain why we like which game more, and why we dislike the other. We really don't need to fight about this, this only prevents us from making friends who could have been really great friends (or crappy friends for that matter) if only we each respected our choices.

As Equi has said before, he tries to enlighten us why Brawl is better. Of course, I'll still always practice with melee, but if there is also much depth to Brawl, I wouldn't mind learning to see his point too. I think we are all biased, well not all, but I probaly am, because I don't play Brawl as seriously I play melee.

Of course I hate it when I see my friends getting better than me in brawl, and they all have gotten better. (I have no Wii, and I haven't seen them for months) I feel like a noob when I play my diddy and I don't use my Banana's as much. ****, I like using my peanut pop gun, and it killed fox luckily for me. My friend wouldn't even lend me his controller, what the **** was that? I only then started to shy away from Brawl, I felt as though that friend let it get to his head.

Of course, I like melee better because its faster, and it has my doc in it, a few reasons. But is there something I'm not getting about Brawl? Equi, please tell me. I will be willing to listen, I am no troll. Also tell why you prefer Brawl over Melee, there is no need to argue, no need to get mad.

To end this post, I will leave this here: Why can't we be friends... *singing*
Though we are not saying that brawl is better, we are simiply saying that it is a decent game to be played competitively, Afro prefers brawl over melee because he likes the style of play that brawl offers, which is more thought heavy then melee is.

A prime difference between the two games is this. There are two factors to take into consideration for the two games.

1. Linked Combos
2. Thought Links

What are thought links exactly? Thought links are hit by hit game connections, it's the ability to after getting on hit in Brawl (to think and analyze based off of the style, with more adapting one hit at a time) to cause a continuation. A long time ago someone said it best, Brawl does not have combos, it has continuations.

Melee has continuations also, don't get me wrong. The difference with Melee is that there are less continuations, less continuations result in more gimping, earlier deaths and less thought links. This results in more exciting play, and it generally still makes Melee a lot more fun to watch, don't get me wrong here. The problem we have is when Brawl haters claim "Brawl is a nub game" which is inaccurate in anyway because if anything, Brawl has more thought links.

If you watch any top level player play, Snake, or anything, for example. Snake is the easiest example, so I'll go there. Dthrow into any tech chase, to a spot dodge single jab walk up closer stall for a second follow up requires TONS of thought and adaption to the opposing player and INTELLIGENCE.

Liking Melee because it is faster and better to watch and just generally more entertaining is TOTALLY RESPECTABLE, in fact I agree.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
MAYBE IF WE ENLARGE THE TEXT YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.
WE BOTH PLAYED MELEE FOR YEARS
You were doing it wrong then if you think Melee is like what you said. If you want smart responses, make a smart thread. I probably don't know much about the metagame of barwl now as much as you (I actually did play barwl in the beginning and did pretty well), but I know enough that not having hitstun is a BAD THING. Even though it isn't really the lack of hitstun, it is the fact you can airdodge or do an attack during air tumbling hitstun.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Afro prefers brawl over melee because he likes the style of play that brawl offers, which is more thought heavy then melee is.
omg cant believe u said that, uve never even been at good at melee to say something like that, its obvious that u know nothing about melee...

Equi

Smash Ace
not gunna lie equi/afro..... chess is pretty sick.

the graphics thing went right over your head.

and yes i am a prime example of a melee "enthusiast"

IN SHORT THIS THREAD IS RETARTED. First off did u have to post an entire thread about something so trivial? 1. People are gunna say whatever they feel like, by u posting this garbage just shows that you take everything said to heart. NO ONE GIVES A D.A.M.N.

pretty clever... for a brawl noob...... woops there it goes again.LOL at this thread, in fact lol at you. The chalkboard line was

What im sayin is that there is no reason for post like this. Stop whinning bout people callin you noobs. COMES WITH THE TERRITORY. yes i said it. PLAY A NUB GAME GET CALLED A NUB. is that better?

YOUR post had nothing relavent in it at all. all you did was repeat what i said and add "really" to the end of it.

Everything was deliberate...... cuz once again this thread is a waste of time.

Ill be taking that fvckin medal now...... SIR!!!

AND WHO THE FVCK IS MASTER RAVEN??????????? HOW BOUT I TAKE A MAJOR **** ON YOU.....?
1. Yes... good thinking. People are gonna say whatever they like Good point friend, what exactly, are we doing?

I'm asking everyone, what is the definition of "garbage" precisely?
A) A Melee fanatic thread just saying "Brawl is gay" repeatedly without any logical thought behind it People are gonna say whatever they like
B) A Brawl support thread bringing up logical views as to why Brawl has depth and shouldn't be deemed as a nub game People are gonna say whatever they like

Okay, then?

Did you even read the post? We gave LOGICAL REASONING as to why you are a PRIME EXAMPLE of the narrowness involved with brawl hatred. You literally posted nothing factual or even remotely intelligent at all. In EITHER of your posts. Infact, it seems your only way of arguing is to immediately bring it to the personal level by insulting us AGAIN with no knowledge of us at all.

Are you not whining at US for taking up a stance against the god that is melee? Do you REALLY not see how much your post applies DIRECTLY TO YOURSELF? Its literally like your arguing for us. I was not aware that everytime a new smash game came out, it was like lions fighting for territory in africa. Where only ONE can dominate. There is no reason both games can not be played TOGETHER. As we stated in the OP.

Since posts are becomin redundant, and our post still has not been comprehended. To future posters: bring up paradoxical mirror arguments all day, but facts are still facts, and they are still sitting there, staring at you in the face.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
all i am going to say for now is that i was extremely happy after going to event 52 in kansas city, missouri. and talking with all the top level melee smashers about brawl and every single one i spoke with was against brawl. it made me think, are we are just some dumb mindless brawl bashers? Im talking 120+ smashers, all with advanced knowledge of the game, all thinking smart and having to apply tech, plus mindgames, reading patterns, punishing, etc. etc. it made me feel more confident about my decision on brawl.

melee is just too good. i kept trying to play brawl more and more and give it soooooooooo many chances and it keeps failing me and coming up short. I then i go back to melee and it just feels so good. and i still get owned in melee. i Went to event 52 and i didnt even make it out of 1st round pools, so technically, i got tied for last place, but i still love the game. it is too good.

and your gonna keep getting mindless replies against brawl, cuz from what i gathered melee players don't give a *** about brawl, all they know is that it sucks, or it is far inferior to melee, so they will keep bashing those who side with the enemy. And listening to the additude of the majority of melee'ers they they give a *** about brawl players feelings, so they will just keep bashing and feel they dont need to explain themselves.

i for one dont like brawl, and have already opted to play halo 3 instead, (my gt is: h1roshi), i tried to play as smart as i could. react and read to my opponent, but i felt like the game was holding me back and not letting me do what i wanted to do. and the fact that any character besides kirby feels horrible to me. i almost get disgusted playing the game. There just seems to be so much more happening in a melee game and having to apply soooo much that i just dont find when i play brawl.

i dont care about the brawl players. equi, you already i know im cool with you, i had fun playing chess with you and just talking with you, and afro makes me laugh, kids too funny. But i fuking hate brawl. and will continue to say melee is the superior game. (and i am not saying that you guys said it was an inferior game)

these kids need to play melee more and see how ridiculous it is. Like all the kids who have never played melee or played melee non competitively. and watching high level play doesnt count at all. ive seen high level halo but that doesnt mean squat diddly.

-hiro
LONG LIVE MELEE

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Melee is an old game. It is 2001, around the age of Pokemon Gold. Kids are not going to buy Melee anymore, they are going to buy Brawl. This is what is new, this is what is in the now. Because nobody else will buy it, that means that Melee can expect to not have an increase in competition and population. Eventually most of the Melee players will grow old and move on with their life (as in they grow out of smash). This means the only competitive community you will have are a bunch of people who basically just recycle their placements in tournaments until one by one, they drop out.

As of now, this can't happen to brawl. It is new, it is being bought. As such the population of brawlers is increasing, and this alone will sustain Brawl to be played well into the future. This isn't some horrible diagnosis I've come up with, it is the lifespan of just about every game you will play. In the future Brawl will cease as well, but that time hasn't come. Brawl is very much alive, and doesn't show any sign of age.

Melee did outstandingly well for a game of its age. But the truth still stands. Every good game eventually comes to an end.

The only way to truly revive Melee IMHO, is to have competitive gaming companies such as EVO or MLG put Melee on the roster, and to really popularize the game with the new crowd. But even as of now, neither of these companies are doing this. Why it's the opposite. Both have picked up Brawl.

Melee needs both A. A steady income of new players.
B. Publicity. Lots of tournaments, lots of attention, people need to know what it is, and how awesome this game truly is.

I do not mean to bash Melee. All I am doing is laying down the facts about what I think will probably happen. If I said something rude or offensive, it was out of ignorance, and I apologize.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I only read the first few posts

I have nothing to say on Melee Vs Brawl

but fvck everyone who hasn't needs to watch Gurren Lagann.

That is all.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
A) Afro Thundah plays other competitive fighting games (i.e. guilty gear) and your point is again attacking and claiming that Brawl competitive players are superficial and limited in playing competitive games is false and again irrelevant.

B) wtf? And where does this logic come from. Where did you pull that out of?

C) Again. Addressed in previous post.

D) Um, okay.

And what you posted, do you realize, that it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the OP original post. You are now doing exactly what we've talking about, putting Brawl players into categories and superficially labeling them. Good ****.

And once again. For the trillionth time. We never stated Brawl was a better game.
ok...i think you may need a lesson in reading comprehension. i did say that not all players fall under the descriptions listed, and Afro may or may not. i personally played him in GGXX at FAST1, and he played robo-ky. also, most people who play brawl do not come from other fighting games. most have either played melee competitively or no fighting games at all. just playing a game does not count in this discussion, as they have to at least go to tournaments, compete, and try to get to the top level of play. and, a lot of people that play smash just like Nintendo characters a lot. in case you haven't noticed, i like Peach a lot. she's one of my favorite characters in the video game world, so i'm not trying to bash anyone with what i'm saying. i'm simply stating what is true. no one would get interested in any fighting game if they didn't like character designs. it is part of what companies use to draw people to games, and there's nothing wrong with that, as i believe i stated before.

but, don't take my word for it. go and ask the majority of your brawl community what other fighting games they have played competitively. also, ask them what they think the elements are that make a solid, competitive fighting game. more than likely, you will receive a lot of "I haven't played any other competitively." or "I don't know." it's simply the majority crowd that smash attracts, both brawl and melee. smash is a bunch of characters that apply to younger children, for the most part, so that is mostly who is playing the game. being so, those kids haven't been alive long enough to play other games competitively, so how would they know what is competitively sound? they only know of one thing. again, not trying to bash you, just stating facts.

even a good number of the top echelon of players in melee and brawl have only smash under their belts for competitive fighters. please correct me if i am wrong on that, but i think that's true. so, just check this stuff out before you try to blow up on me about your argument here. while i think that melee may be the better competitive game, i'm not very adamant about either one, as i play both rather casually now. but, i used to play brawl and melee competitively, and am pretty decent at both, so i know about each of the metagames to a good extent.

this post has a lot to do with the purpose of this thread. people aren't just upset with brawl because more people are just playing brawl because it's better, etc. they are upset because a newer game is killing another gaming community simply because it is new, not necessarily because it is better for competition. Even when SFIII came in, people still had a solid community in ST because they knew both games were sound competitively. a good number of the higher echelon of players that i have talked to have simply said that they play brawl simply for money, not because they feel it is a worthwhile game to play. a lot of people play it, so they do it to beat people they address as "n00bs", and take their money. easy as that.

in closing, i am really not for or against either game, but i do want you to see the other side of the picture, as your view seemed to falsify the thoughts of a lot of "melee enthusiasts". hopefully this will help people at least understand where i and a few others are coming from, if nothing else.

and @ Gingerr - yes, for relatively balanced fighting games, GGXX is the answer. very good game.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
dude this isnt an english composition essay, we dont like it cuz its simpler aka dumbed down aka scrub like aka no L cancel aka no hitstun aka cheap aka simple i could go on for a while but the point has been made, it lacks all the things that made melee amazing

Equi

Smash Ace
You were doing it wrong then if you think Melee is like what you said. If you want smart responses, make a smart thread. I probably don't know much about the metagame of barwl now as much as you (I actually did play barwl in the beginning and did pretty well), but I know enough that not having hitstun is a BAD THING. Even though it isn't really the lack of hitstun, it is the fact you can airdodge or do an attack during air tumbling hitstun.
Again, even if we were doing it wrong, you have yet to address why you post solely for the purpose of bashing UNINTELLIGENTLY, while we do nothing but support the game for what it is. At least if you are going to say WHY brawl is bad, deliver a logical arguement. We covered the hitstun issue. Please read the thread, or leave my gene pool.

omg cant believe u said that, uve never even been at good at melee to say something like that, its obvious that u know nothing about melee...
Again, even if we werent good at melee (though we believe we are decent), you also have yet to address WHY brawl is bad other then "theres no combos" or "you can sweetspot the edge" all of which we have addressed.

Anyone who is reading this from a neutral point should realize that NO ONE has yet to address even our FIRST POST. NO ONE from the melee enthusiast standpoint has addressed ANYTHING logically at all.

The stupidity is literally amazing.

skrach8

Smash Lord
you are now seeing what im sayin. lol

and just so ya know i dont post in melee enthusiast threads cuz those are dumb and should be killed as well, what im sayin young one, is that these kinda threads are a waste of time.

OH EQUI. how u will never learn. I GUESS BRAWL NUBS HAVE THAT IN COMMON.

what happen to the medal. and plz end the territory jokes... they are terrible.

lol maybe you should man up and kill this thread urself.

NUB. lol

Tink

Smash Hero
mostly in the MW....its brawl scrubs(actual scrubs <_< ) that come into melee topics and talk crap. not the other way around. maybe MW is just wierd....but we also have almost, if not more, melee tournaments as brawl....

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Brawl and Melee are both amazing games, I could easily see how both games readily have tournaments near your area, Tink. :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Though we are not saying that brawl is better, we are simiply saying that it is a decent game to be played competitively, Afro prefers brawl over melee because he likes the style of play that brawl offers, which is more thought heavy then melee is.

A prime difference between the two games is this. There are two factors to take into consideration for the two games.

1. Linked Combos
2. Thought Links

What are thought links exactly? Thought links are hit by hit game connections, it's the ability to after getting on hit in Brawl (to think and analyze based off of the style, with more adapting one hit at a time) to cause a continuation. A long time ago someone said it best, Brawl does not have combos, it has continuations.

Melee has continuations also, don't get me wrong. The difference with Melee is that there are less continuations, less continuations result in more gimping, earlier deaths and less thought links. This results in more exciting play, and it generally still makes Melee a lot more fun to watch, don't get me wrong here. The problem we have is when Brawl haters claim "Brawl is a nub game" which is inaccurate in anyway because if anything, Brawl has more thought links.

If you watch any top level player play, Snake, or anything, for example. Snake is the easiest example, so I'll go there. Dthrow into any tech chase, to a spot dodge single jab walk up closer stall for a second follow up requires TONS of thought and adaption to the opposing player and INTELLIGENCE.

Liking Melee because it is faster and better to watch and just generally more entertaining is TOTALLY RESPECTABLE, in fact I agree.
I see and understand. I also respect your choice. I guess both parties sort of provoke each other, then things just start to escalate. Maybe it would be motivational to really understand it by doing it myself, but sadly I have no Wii as of now. Of course, from now on, if I ever need pointers for Brawl, you'll be the first.

Kidd: Yes, Melee is old, but I won't give it up. Even better, I would rather play both then give up Melee. Also, its good that some people like Linguini are hosting tournies to keep it alive, much props.

Kamano: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Meh, I'm bored, so I'll humor everyone here. Personally, I prefer Melee over Brawl because of the technical aspect it's known for. However, it's been my own personal experience that "Brawl noobs or scrubs" don't know how to play Melee. No one really sits down with them and teaches them the metagame, the match-ups, how to L cancel, wavedash, and fast fall which ultimately leads to them learning how to SHFFL. I remember showing chicken how to play a better Falco and Afro how to wave land systematically and consistently with Ganondorf. I'm also showing Flatsoda how to play a better sheik. Equi already has a pretty good Marth. All I'm trying to say is instead of bashing everyone for their own individual taste in liking brawl and being afraid to play Melee; we should try to teach them how to play Melee, they'll be much more appreciative of it in the long run, because it evidentially improves their Brawl game.

Also for the people who want to play Brawl or play Brawl because they're afraid of losing. Don't be afraid to come to Melee tournaments, and do a couple of friendlies. Yes you'll most likely get destroyed, but don't be hesitate to ask questions, so you can get better. You can ask Chops, Linguini, Synikal, QDVS, Colbol, Nick Riddle, Seibrik, Me. (Spider sense or Jason as I preferred to be called lol) I'm sure they'll be more than happy to show you guys how to play Melee competitively. Go home watch videos on how pros play your main. No matter who you decide to main; whether it'd be Fox or Mewtwo, there's always someone you can watch and learn from. Just give it time and you'll undoubtedly notice a dramatic change in your Melee AND Brawl game.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I see and understand. I also respect your choice. I guess both parties sort of provoke each other, then things just start to escalate. Maybe it would be motivational to really understand it by doing it myself, but sadly I have no Wii as of now. Of course, from now on, if I ever need pointers for Brawl, you'll be the first.

Kidd: Yes, Melee is old, but I won't give it up. Even better, I would rather play both then give up Melee. Also, its good that some people like Linguini are hosting tournies to keep it alive, much props.

Kamano: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:
And I respect anyone who is still trying to keep it alive, because you want good things to last as long as they can. All I'm saying is that it eventually will go due to its age. You will not give it up, but new people will not buy it. All I'm saying. (I won't give it up either. :p)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Brawl does not take more thought then melee.

I can't believe people actually think that.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Less advanced tactics means less options which means less things to do, which means less things to think about. Would anyone care to have an argument for Brawl that although this is true, that Brawl can have just as much thought? I'd be interested to see the view. (Not a troll).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom