• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Afro's thoughts on Melee Enthusiasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
True, but im merely correcting them. Enlightening them to the facts.

But do you not see a problem with people such as XiF, Zoro, or Renth telling us "brawl noobs" about OUR game when they dont even play it?
I absolutely see the problem with that. But it seems like if someone has the audacity to tell the best players of a game that they don't know about that game, when they dont even play it themselves, then they're going to be realllly hard to have a logical debate with :-D

i spent like three months trying to explain that Brawl was a fine game, and literally. no. one. listened. (that didn't already agree with me)

so i guess i'm pessimistic about your plight :-D

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Brawl is amazing. We've only had the game for like 7 months and already we have found out so many things. If changes were this insane in only roughly half a year, I can't wait to see what brawl will be cooking up 7 more months down the road.

Equi

Smash Ace
I absolutely see the problem with that. But it seems like if someone has the audacity to tell the best players of a game that they don't know about that game, when they dont even play it themselves, then they're going to be realllly hard to have a logical debate with :-D

i spent like three months trying to explain that Brawl was a fine game, and literally. no. one. listened. (that didn't already agree with me)

so i guess i'm pessimistic about your plight :-D
The problem is, that by NOT defending brawl the circle of ignorance will continue to GROW. It will spread to more new players (who originally enjoyed the game). It will only slow down the metagame brawl and eventually the game will be played LESS and LESS due to the mass hate (most of which is no where NEAR the truth) and eventually lead to the end of brawl due only a few people clinging on to their melee ego's.

In our attempt to stop that from happening, we will defend brawl just as other people have the right to attack it. Brawl is a fine game, it has its flaws just like melee.

Equi

Smash Ace
Barwl sucks.

Melee is better.

It's in the bible.

Barwl is the Anti-Christ.
Its posts like these, no matter how harmless they are intended to be, that just bash brawl and give the original melee players a bad name. No logical thought whatsoever.

This is a perfect chalkboard example of what we are talking about.

--Equi and Afro (take no offense)

Zergum

Smash Cadet
and btw equi chess is a ****ty game, i hit 1800 freshman year of high school and realized it was a joke. good players constantly practice tactics to help with patern recognition, and better players are constantly revamping their understanding of position play. the best players just search for opening novelties and prepare lines. honestly quit chess forever.

Equi

Smash Ace
Saying Barwl is an ok game gives too much credit to Barwl. Barwl has a metagame like every other game.....but who cares it is barwl.
Once again, a completely thoughtless post.
No logical reasoning behind it at all.
Good **** NES n00b.

THESE are the posts we are refering to in our OP.

Equi

Smash Ace
and btw equi chess is a ****ty game, i hit 1800 freshman year of high school and realized it was a joke. good players constantly practice tactics to help with patern recognition, and better players are constantly revamping their understanding of position play. the best players just search for opening novelties and prepare lines. honestly quit chess forever.
Irrelevent.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Once again, a completely thoughtless post.
No logical reasoning behind it at all.
Good **** NES n00b.

THESE are the posts we are refering to in our OP.
Which is exactly why I posted it. Ahh so good.

Edit: It is also funny about your opinions of Melee when complaining about people having no idea about Barwl. Hopefully the thread stays open.

Equi

Smash Ace
Which is exactly why I posted it. Ahh so good.

Edit: It is also funny about your opinions of Melee when complaining about people having no idea about Barwl. Hopefully the thread stays open.
You're Edited in sentence, literally is not a sentence. Please revise that, so that other people can understand what your pathetic mind calls thinking.

Sorry just judging off your posts, i should of expected a sentence like that from you.

What I gather from the post is that you're stating that you guys have an idea of Brawl when you don't play it. Which is... well... not accurate, I doubt you understand the higher metagame aspects that we've highlighted here.

Linguini

Smash Master
You know I love you Afro and Equi but your posts are ****ing stoopid.

1.Stop trying to defend your ****ty game.

2.I'll never stop bashing brawl due to the fact that it's fun to and bash others and their ****ty game.

3.Fenrir doesn't know what the f@ck he is talking about,stop posting please.

4. XIF knows what he is talking about.

5.Melee all dai!

In the words of the late Rockcrock

Get Wrecked Scrubs.

Equi

Smash Ace
Melee > Brawl

:colorful:
Posts like these are not necessarily negative. They do not contribute toward any of the thoughts at hand, however it only states that this poster enjoys melee over brawl. Which is respectable, but not contributive.

--Afro and Equi

NES n00b

Smash Master
You're Edited in sentence, literally is not a sentence. Please revise that, so that other people can understand what your pathetic mind calls thinking.

Sorry just judging off your posts, i should of expected a sentence like that from you.

What I gather from the post is that you're stating that you guys have an idea of Brawl when you don't play it. Which is... well... not accurate, I doubt you understand the higher metagame aspects that we've highlighted here.
No....it is stating that you are making statements about a game you don't understand while bashing people for making statements about a game they don't understand which is hilarious. But please continue.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
As I've said before, it's a matter of perspective. Can YOU tell ME what point any of your posts here have? 95% of what you say in a forum will be forgotten as soon as the thread expires. Do what you will, but you're struggling against an immovable force.
The difference between your posts and my posts, is that i post actually to inform with a purpose. You post for pathetic attention to soak in my response.
Do you see my point yet?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Melee > Brawl

2.I'll never stop bashing brawl due to the fact that it's fun to and bash others and their ****ty game.

5.Melee all dai!

Get Wrecked Scrubs.
/threadddddd

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I used to be a major brawl hater. I was like just about every other person when I first played my copy of Brawl. "Where is the speed? The wavedashing, the shffl'd, and everything else?! What happened? No hit stun? No nothing? Tripping? FVCK THIS.". And I would reluctantly play it, deep down inside knowing I would MUCH rather be training and playing for a Melee tournament over a Brawl one any day. I felt as though Brawl made me worse, that I was cut down in skill due to the exclusion of the listed above things and more, and that I had a HARD time playing anyone without thinking inside my head "Well that **** wouldn't have happened if it was Melee."

Months went by, and as I began to play more Brawl, I found myself forgetting what melee was like, and getting more into the Brawl mindset of how to play with the new found mechanics. And a deep guilt grew inside of me...I actually was beginning to ENJOY this game! But...nowhere near melee. It still wasn't melee.
Time and time again however, my friends would reintroduce melee to me, and the enjoyment of playing melee over brawl was so satisfying to me...it was so much more fun to play a game I already knew how to play...

Eventually though...I asked myself an important question...I said to myself, "If I NEVER Played Melee before, would I still like Brawl?". And on this question, I begun to stop comparing everything together. Eventually in my mind I realized that "both games are fun. There is no reason to compare the two, their mechanics make them so different that comparing such a contrast is bound to get you nowhere.".
And as I started to play more brawl in this mind set, I REALLY got into it, so much that I enjoy it to no end. I do not argue that either game is better. Both, IMHO, are amazing in their own aspects, and to compare them is just...like I said before...pointless. If I'm in a melee mood I throw melee in and have a good ole time with Falcon. :). If I'm in a brawl mood I put Brawl in, and play the game and have JUST as much fun.

I love Super Smash Bros.

Equi

Smash Ace

5.Melee all dai!

Get Wrecked Scrubs.
Refer to our comment about Doodah's post.
Thank you.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Ok this thread is even better than I thought. It wasn't meant to do anything, but waste space and basically get some people mad. But stick to trying to tell Melee players how Melee works so there would be more irony.

While Melee players.....keep doing what you are doing. lol

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
I don't understand where Afro really stands on, well, anything actually.

Last I heard, he hated Brawl and was resorting to the better game, melee.

Now he's acting like he's never bashed Brawl.

It's really hard to take anything/one serious on smashboards.

And even in person too.

This thread, like the Brawl hate threads, is ********.

Us "Melee enthusiasts" have every right to bash Brawl.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Brawl has flaws, Melee had technicalities.
Technicalities are still flaws. Both games have flaws. Melee's were created due to intense play testing and breaking the game, brawl's were created by the master troll. They still are broken games no matter what you think. I'm almost certain that CUSTOM ROBO is a less broken game than brawl/melee.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Technicalities are still flaws. Both games have flaws. Melee's were created due to intense play testing and breaking the game, brawl's were created by the master troll. They still are broken games no matter what you think. I'm almost certain that CUSTOM ROBO is a less broken game than brawl/melee.
Which version? Because the GC version was pretty broken with the right weapon/robo combinations.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Don't call me out. I'm supporting having Melee tourneys too... I'm supporting the end of this Melee vs Brawl nonsense...

I don't really have anything against anyone... It's dumb to call me out on something like that.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Ur right clay fighter only. I choose blob.

Equi

Smash Ace
No....it is stating that you are making statements about a game you don't understand while bashing people for making statements about a game they don't understand which is hilarious. But please continue.
The immediate difference between us and you is that we do not bash melee. We do not pretend like we know everything about the game. Even though we BOTH play melee, we've both kept up with melee's progression, have attended tournaments, seen top level play AND have played top level players (in Equi's case, such as KDJ), we have knowledge of the game. And thats ALL we are saying. We certainly arent usin that knowledge to point out the flaws of melee in an attempt to make the scene smaller. All we want to see is the smash scene grow, not just brawl, but SMASH in general.

All your posts due, is provide random hate, that only splits the community further and further apart. Destroying BOTH games, as posts such as yours make it so that there IS no inbetween there is only brawl and melee. You dont realize that all you and the other anti-brawl posters do is HURT the scene?

Again, we do not spread ILLUSIONS about melee, like you do about brawl.
Though we have melee knowledge,
and you have no brawl knowledge.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
all i can say is that, if you notice, most of the people who like brawl adamantly and defend it either A) have never played any other competitive fighting game... B)have never played any other fighting game besides Melee... C) were bad at Melee... or D) just like Nintendo (characters or company) more than most people. not saying this always applies, but most who are adamant about the game tend to fall in these categories. a lot of people that like brawl even, and i will use reflex as an example, will tell you up front that brawl is not a good, competitive fighting game. but, he has fun with it, so that's why he plays it. it's ok to play brawl, and do it if you want, but to call it a good competitive fighting game, or better in that aspect than Melee(although there are way better fighting games than Melee) would be just false.

Equi

Smash Ace
I don't understand where Afro really stands on, well, anything actually.

Last I heard, he hated Brawl and was resorting to the better game, melee.

Now he's acting like he's never bashed Brawl.

It's really hard to take anything/one serious on smashboards.

And even in person too.

This thread, like the Brawl hate threads, is ********.

Us "Melee enthusiasts" have every right to bash Brawl.
Under what right do you have to BASH brawl with NO KNOWLEDGE of the game. You pretty much said, you have the right to be fvcking stupid.

Are you under the pretense that tornado spam is still active in the metagame?

In the specific case of Afro, i did indeed bash brawl at one point. But be aware that OPINIONS CAN BE CHANGED. And after acquiring further knowledge of the metagame (BY ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME) i realized that not only was my previous opinion wrong, BUT it also had nothing to back it up. Much like your posts doodah.

You're also making ad hominem arguments not pertaining to the game whatsoever (such as Afro's past history of johning and hating the game after a match) instead of bringing logical views.

Again, its posts like these that we are refering to in our OP.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Though we have melee knowledge,
and you have no brawl knowledge.
I doubt saying barwl sucks hurts the scene or all of barwl would have been dead awhile ago (and Melee too if you count the hate on other boards).

Also it is hilarious that you assume you have Melee knoweledge, but haven't really played, but assume I have no knowledge, and I did play for a time (which is why I get to say it sucks).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Under what right do you have to BASH brawl with NO KNOWLEDGE of the game. You pretty much said, you have the right to be fvcking stupid.

Are you under the pretense that tornado spam is still active in the metagame?

In the specific case of Afro, i did indeed bash brawl at one point. But be aware that OPINIONS CAN BE CHANGED. And after acquiring further knowledge of the metagame (BY ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME) i realized that not only was my previous opinion wrong, BUT it also had nothing to back it up. Much like your posts doodah.

You're also making ad hominem arguments not pertaining to the game whatsoever (such as Afro's past history of johning and hating the game after a match) instead of bringing logical views.

Again, its posts like these that we are refering to in our OP.
Freedom of speech. Learn to love it, its simple. He has the right to bash it, you have the right to defend it. WHOOPDIDOODAH.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
How often is it that you find a BALANCED fighting game?
You always have Guilty Gear!

As for the rest of the argument, I don't necessarily love either game, I'll still play Brawl casually at Nexus with people now and then, but I have no interest in it competitively, but before everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon of hating the game due to *insert reason here*, I'm going to point out something that someone else said, along the lines of:

"The games only been out for 7 months and we've already discovered so much!"

The game is still new, technically. Game that have been out for YEARS are still having things discovered about them that change things drastically, so there might be hope, yet. I don't know what it would take to have me interested in the game again personally, but I don't think it's doomed by any means.

Besides, to each their own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom