• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
that much speed on a disjointed hitbox? too good.

edit:
So I played the DK and the matchup felt much more even than I expected (DK boards over hype him lol). I felt like my deaths were just from me being stupid and him living for ever was just because I'm to hesitant to DACUS and edgeguard agressively. Still I get the feeling that any time I do semi-well (not get *****) its more because my opponent doesn't know sheik than it is me being decent. I could be so much better if I could actually find brawl...... >.> At least it forces me to get decent at melee. lol

I'll have my sd card with me next time and upload vids.

edit: Tbh, the olimar I was playing against was giving me more problems, I felt. And I really felt like if he knew sheik better, I'd have no chance.

one more edit: I made attempts to implement the style Light keeps talking (bragging) about. Its the ****. Works mad good against DK. @light: swan combo ftilt->fair->repeat is legit. You should try it on floaties and see how it works for you.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Wifi down so I decide to make a video of something most people don't seem to know about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfv4tdBAtFE

All credit should go to ankoku since he also has a video on this and he was the one to even teach me how to do it. It's not until now that I feel like going back to learn it.

Basically when you are in range to hang off of the ledge if you hold down you will never grab it which allows you to continue with the vanish. The trick to this is that right before you vanish you have to hold towards the ledge or you will die. After less then 5 minutes of practice I've done it already 5 times.

edit: more boredom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv8ISEUphsA

iLight

Smash Lord
btw i'm not going to hobo anymore, instead i'm going with DMG/DPhat/Shuz to some tourney up in oklahoma, i still plan on using a lot of sheik but if i fight MK/IC's i will probably go MK/ROB to deal with those match ups. I will try to record some videos but no promises

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
now i gotta change my sig. =( good luck though. out of curiosity why would u miss hobo for a random tourney?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
So I played the DK and the matchup felt much more even than I expected (DK boards over hype him lol). I felt like my deaths were just from me being stupid and him living for ever was just because I'm to hesitant to DACUS and edgeguard agressively. Still I get the feeling that any time I do semi-well (not get *****) its more because my opponent doesn't know sheik than it is me being decent. I could be so much better if I could actually find brawl...... >.> At least it forces me to get decent at melee. lol

I'll have my sd card with me next time and upload vids.

edit: Tbh, the olimar I was playing against was giving me more problems, I felt. And I really felt like if he knew sheik better, I'd have no chance.

one more edit: I made attempts to implement the style Light keeps talking (bragging) about. Its the ****. Works mad good against DK. @light: swan combo ftilt->fair->repeat is legit. You should try it on floaties and see how it works for you.
lol
I don't know what I was talking about in this post. I just played from like 8-5 and got ***** ALL NIGHT! I really suck at this game atm. I'm pretty sure randoms could solidly beat me. lol

edit: The ROB I was playing kept trying to convince me to switch my "main" (sheik's not really my main) and kept saying ZSS is probably more fun and is more tourney viable. What do you guys think of that statement? SNAKEEE (in case he name searches. lol)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
true that.
lol, only 10chars
lol
I don't know what I was talking about in this post. I just played from like 8-5 and got ***** ALL NIGHT! I really suck at this game atm. I'm pretty sure randoms could solidly beat me. lol

edit: The ROB I was playing kept trying to convince me to switch my "main" (sheik's not really my main) and kept saying ZSS is probably more fun and is more tourney viable. What do you guys think of that statement? SNAKEEE (in case he name searches. lol)
My problem is I know to much for my own good.
I try to apply tricks and other things that a player at my skill lvl has no buisness applying.
I will eventually catch up with my idea's though.
The last thing I will learn is footstool tech chasing with f-tilt. The more I think about it the more bad *** it becomes.

*You are weak, and you fell to the dark side.
Now I must shun you.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The "I'm bad" mindset is even worse than actually being bad, lol. If you don't like where you are don't complain about it push past it.

Me for example; my sheik is really strong right now. I've still got a ways to go though; I have my moments, but you gotta move forward. If you have trouble with something focus on that until it's natural.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
That fact that I'm bad at this game relative to regular tourney goers is just a fact. I'm not complaining though. I'm just accepting the truth so I can gauge how much I need to improve. I'll be playing against good people now and going to tourneys. And if I can get a copy of brawl I'll get to work on my sheik basics (jab cancels, chain, DACUS, auto cancel nairs, and all that fun stuff I should really know how to do by now lol).

@saviors: lolwut? Are you talking about the switching main thing? I never mained sheik so I can't really switch from sheik. XD I might switch to sheik since she's been my de facto main for like a year. I just want to know what other sheik mains think about sheik not being "good" and ZSS being more "fun".

Tristan_win

Not dead.
That fact that I'm bad at this game relative to regular tourney goers is just a fact. I'm not complaining though. I'm just accepting the truth so I can gauge how much I need to improve. I'll be playing against good people now and going to tourneys. And if I can get a copy of brawl I'll get to work on my sheik basics (jab cancels, chain, DACUS, auto cancel nairs, and all that fun stuff I should really know how to do by now lol).

@saviors: lolwut? Are you talking about the switching main thing? I never mained sheik so I can't really switch from sheik. XD I might switch to sheik since she's been my de facto main for like a year. I just want to know what other sheik mains think about sheik not being "good" and ZSS being more "fun".
Zss is not more fun then sheik purely because you are force to use her in only one to two ways. Zss can only weakly force approaches on anyone without a projectile and she is force to hover mid-long range until a opening is made and then she briefly come in close for some real damage. She also has build in and clear flaws like her poor OoS game and poor long and close-mid range. The reason why Zss claim sheik counter them is because Sheik has range which can force Zss to approach, her mid-close range isn't even in the same tier as sheiks, and up close they MAYBE go even. The only time Zss does better then sheik is if she can hover mid-long range but a simple dash forward or backwards **** that up.

Sheik on the other hand can decide to either keep it up close, mid range, or even long range (although tricky to do effectively) With Sheik all you have to worry about is getting killed before you kill them. She does extremely well up close with her nearly impossible side step dsmash, and rapid jabs, her ftilt when connect make it melee combo time, and her grabs allow her to juggle fairly well. From mid range we got one of the fastest dash attack, dash grabs, a long fox trot which allows us to easily do dash into raising aerials (which is godly), safely and one of the fastest walks. Long distance is where sheik comes up short compare to characters like rob and toon link but even so she can hold her own. By charging up needles while we dodge, power shield, she can wait until a opening is made before slamming them with 15% of damage, we can at times force approaches even against the best of spammers depending on your dodging skills. We can also mix it up with full hop needles which if done correctly won’t have lag by the time you land.

We also have untap moves like the chain, dtilt, and even the dacus to a degree.

Power shield OoS dacus = free kills.

and then there’s moves like the Ftilt and the vanish that we now know the potential of but haven't master them.

I'll say this though, from 10% to roughly 100% Sheik is most likely the most fun to use in the game but if you don't end it there then Zss is going to be more fun because a lot of her attacks are not % dependent.

Also everything you listed besides auto cancel nairs is all advances or intermediate for sheik's to learn. If you can't auto cancel everything fairly well or space like a ***** with the bair then you should be focusing your time on those instead of something like dacus.

saviorslegacy

The "I'm bad" mindset is even worse than actually being bad, lol. If you don't like where you are don't complain about it push past it.
wise words
SHE IS GOOD!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
and then there’s moves like the Ftilt and the vanish that we now know the potential of but haven't master them.

I'll say this though, from 10% to roughly 100% Sheik is most likely the most fun to use in the game but if you don't end it there then Zss is going to be more fun because a lot of her attacks are not % dependent.

yeah... UpB onstage canceled by grabbing the edge, safest option once you can do it without fear, lol

Also everything you listed besides auto cancel nairs is all advances or intermediate for sheik's to learn. If you can't auto cancel everything fairly well or space like a ***** with the bair then you should be focusing your time on those instead of something like dacus.
spacing and stuff is the most important thing with sheik. she has too much range and speed to really be getting punished for doing moves.
It's also important to understand when to reset situations. sometimes you are at a disadvantage for what ever reason spacing is bad, opponet is in some weird blind spot. you have to learn to see these and reset yourslef. Kind of what Tristan was saying. walking or running away to charge, or running into that mid zone against characters that perfer the distance. that coems with experince though... spacing is all you.

you in this case being everyone who read that.

DMBisAwesome

Smash Rookie
hi

hey all, first post on smashboards soo. im a sheik main looking to get better. so i'll be checking out the boards for some advice. I've been to some tourneys in my area so im kinda wondering if a smash sceen exists at all in connecticut. seems like more of the nastire players are all in ny tx or california

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Welcome to the sheik boards. Skim through the stickies for you basic sheik information and if you need any help post in the Q&A or here if you want.

@tristan: that post.... was just so.... win. *tears comes to his eye*
I didn't know enough about zss to argue against her and it was 2am so i didn't know about sheik to argue for her.

I personally think that sheik is top 3 most fun characters in the game. If she's not first its either toon link or metaknight. Possibly sonic, but i don't know much about how he plays.

saviorslegacy

hey all, first post on smashboards soo. im a sheik main looking to get better. so i'll be checking out the boards for some advice. I've been to some tourneys in my area so im kinda wondering if a smash sceen exists at all in connecticut. seems like more of the nastire players are all in ny tx or california
Hi and welcome. :)
You should watch my old video called Hyrule Rouge to get an idea of Sheik.
If you want something that is more useful I am working on a really in depth video guide. Right now I only have 2 sections done but other will be one their way soon.
welcome DMB

i hope you stick with sheik :)
ditto

ps Do you posts auto drain?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think everyone is fun to play ... e_e which is why i cannot stick with a main.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
play DDD and say that! i hated brawl soooo much when i played him. its just insanely boring.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah i think DDD is fun too. :(
and besides that he's a penguins so he's just awesome in general.

DMBisAwesome

Smash Rookie
welcome DMB

i hope you stick with sheik :)
hell yeah bro, sheik is way too butt sexy. been using her since melee, a bit sad when i first loaded up brawl, picked sheik and the moment I landed my first f-air I knew she got ***** by hal.

DMBisAwesome

Smash Rookie
yeah ill do that. ive been looking @ some ankoku and NL vids, there ok I suppose :)

edit* sry 4 the double post, the title under my name should say it all

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Why are you dash grabbing? lol

Pink DDD is sex. And I love penguins. Doesn't make his metagame any more complex.

I admit that irritating people is fun, but that's what marth, MK, and falco are for. ^.^

saviorslegacy

Why are you dash grabbing? lol

Pink DDD is sex. And I love penguins. Doesn't make his metagame any more complex.

I admit that irritating people is fun, but that's what marth, MK, and falco are for. ^.^
When I play D3 I play him pretty fun. I Dair camp, Bair/Fair spam, Waddle Dee toss to space, pivot grab a lot, Nair some, space FSmash, kill with u-tilt, plank, gimp, WOP, CG, Uair above me a lot and pretty much play him a lot like Sheik. Surprisingly I don't get mascaraed because I'm not playing campy....

Diddy= big pain in the ***

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
When I play D3 I play him pretty fun. I Dair camp, Bair/Fair spam, Waddle Dee toss to space, pivot grab a lot, Nair some, space FSmash, kill with u-tilt, plank, gimp, WOP, CG, Uair above me a lot and pretty much play him a lot like Sheik. Surprisingly I don't get mascaraed because I'm not playing campy....

Diddy= big pain in the ***
I wouldn't call those things fun..... at least not relatively.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Those things you refer to are not fun when you do them by themselves. I think SL is referring to the variety in his playstyle, which for DDD mains is rather... lacking. xP

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
When I play DDD I pretty just stand in one spot and shieldgrab every approach. I like to play DDD gay :D

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with chain camping?

I've heard that on Ganondorf, if you chain camp right, he can't do anything. Yet when I do it, he gets hit a few times, and the attacks me. How do you do it right?

Also, theoretically, can the Chain stay out forever if you hold down B? I haven't had the patience to see if it ends automatically lol...

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I thought I'd have vids up right about now, but thought I could save vids to my sd card and then put them on youtube. -.- its never that simple. I guess whenever I go home I'll be able to get some up, probably thanksgiving.

Top Bottom