• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No amount of DI will save you from Snake's utilt past 115%. SDI is really not that helpful against single-hit kill moves.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
No amount of DI will save you from Snake's utilt past 115%. SDI is really not that helpful against single-hit kill moves.
I use it to send me to the corners and the mash c-stick up/to the side to perform Uair/Fair. Then I fast fall to try and slow myself down.

Anyone know if Chain or Needle's break you at all?
I would think Chain would.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're talking about SDI, you have it wrong. That's not SDI.

Needles won't brake you, and I haven't found a suitable time for chain to confirm it.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If you're talking about SDI, you have it wrong. That's not SDI.

Needles won't brake you, and I haven't found a suitable time for chain to confirm it.
I'm fairly sure chain wont stop your horizontally but I've heard that some "brake" moves can only work for vertical which I did not test for

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Deconfirmed dthrow-uair as a true combo.

Dthrowing Falco allowed him to start an air-dodge before Sheik's dthrow animation even finished.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does vanishing from the air affect where/what vanishes happen?
i don't think i worded that right...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It won't happen anytime soon. The method they used for it isn't a "real" hitbox viewing system.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
They're hacking the animations of the characters and forcing the hitbox objects to be visible through a "glow" effect. It works, but it means that they have to do it for every single attack of every single character, one at a time.

iLight

Smash Lord
here are the only videos of me playing my sheik at this tourney, i don't think any of the other ones were recorded

light(sheik) vs fk (zss)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpyE-MN4Zk - match 1 battlefield
i win this one battlefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYU9-CZVMhY&feature=channel - match 2 pictochat
pictochat =/

he banned halberd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_JWrj4jL2k&feature=channel - match 3 smashville
balloon at 2:14 and trip at 3:40 cost me this match, first stock i was dancing to the music when he killed me =]

FK is good no joke

saviorslegacy

f throw for life!
To bad that has the same faults as D-Throw.
dthrow > juggle games for life. Except vs Lucario. bthrow ftw against him. xD
I have been preaching that forever.
Thank God it is finally catching on!
I think someone asked to see this, so I finally went and recorded it.

Sheik's Vanish Landings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUP7i8vjflk
I liked the slow down so I could see the lag though.
So... is there any chance we could get something like this for sheik?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpn8X9uhKIM&feature=player_embedded

I doubt it would be as eventful as say snake or meta knight but still useful.
*quoted from the content box*
"New way to determine hitboxes came through thanks to a japanese user (I think his name is innocent road on smashboards) and PSA, vids are up on ninjalink's channel for MK hitboxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VdyG0...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNg93k...

Before you ask, no, projectiles dont show their hitboxes with this.

Apologies for the jab sequence taking up a good THIRD of the vid, but it's only 2 minutes long, **** doesnt matter."

I don't think we have to make anything. I think we just have to wait.
They're hacking the animations of the characters and forcing the hitbox objects to be visible through a "glow" effect. It works, but it means that they have to do it for every single attack of every single character, one at a time.
They either added light saber sounds or Snakes jabs/tilt sound like light sabers when slowed down.
Either way it is awesome. (At least we now know why he is disjointed.)
here are the only videos of me playing my sheik at this tourney, i don't think any of the other ones were recorded

light(sheik) vs fk (zss)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpyE-MN4Zk - match 1 battlefield
i win this one battlefield

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYU9-CZVMhY&feature=channel - match 2 pictochat
pictochat =/

he banned halberd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_JWrj4jL2k&feature=channel - match 3 smashville
balloon at 2:14 and trip at 3:40 cost me this match, first stock i was dancing to the music when he killed me =]

FK is good no joke
*will watch later

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's all DI-dependent.

Pretty much the only two things you can actually rely on are ftilt lock and grab releases. The rest you have to just wait and watch for.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
It's all DI-dependent.

Pretty much the only two things you can actually rely on are ftilt lock and grab releases. The rest you have to just wait and watch for.
Pretty much. i like to use dthrow versus a lot of characters to see how they react and set up for potentially a long juggle game, via ac uair and re-grabs after a predicted air dodge. Works wonders on Snake to say the least, as well as any heavy and/or large character.

saviorslegacy

Pretty much. i like to use dthrow versus a lot of characters to see how they react and set up for potentially a long juggle game, via ac uair and re-grabs after a predicted air dodge. Works wonders on Snake to say the least, as well as any heavy and/or large character.
Yeah I like this guy. He thinks like me. :)

Anyways, U-Throw is a better option vs Snake.
Reason being is the hit box is off of the ground and most of the time a grenade wont get in it.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol fair enough. I'll see how uthrow works. Should be pretty much the same as dthrow save for the 'nade thing you mentioned.

iLight

Smash Lord
whatever b-throw on snake *****, he goes like straight up then you get to punish him when he comes down or you get a free ledge guards, anyone have any ideas on my set vs the zss other than stop fail rolling

edit also i feel in that set at a lot of times i did d-throw where i would have been better off doing b-throw when i watch them again

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In the third game the ZSS started mad dissing your pressure. Be sure to notice when they start mashing out as soon as you get close and punish it or you'll get yourself killed.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
light good matches, im very impressed. i think ur better than me but if u would allow, i still have some pointers :)

- when u throw zss u should challenge her more often. theres not much she can do but maybe uair you, but if ur beneath her u can uair first and it will connect or force her dodge. if ur not gonna challenge her just focus on getting beneath her, its a really good position, i think u know that, but u dash dance and shield dash so much that simply walking could put u in a more accurate and better position

- ur pressure is beast, yea i can tell at the end of the third match u felt pressured and wanted to be aggressive on ur way back to victory. (and ur right i noticed ur nervous rolls and stuff) but under those kinds of situations just keep ur composure!!! good work overall, but i think getting killed by her little bair tricksie on your 2nd stock might've killed ur momentum a bit hahah. never forget the power of needles!

man zss seems like such a hard matchup. she can kill better, her 1 frame jab is too good, and her utilt is a great counter. but i think when we're in that matchup we shoudl try to focus on a certain spacing where sheik has the advantage... where sheik's fair outranges zss' ground options. i noticed that fair was a very solid move in this matchup, even though u were doing ledge hop fairs from the ledge over and over, there wasnt much zss could do if u werent in range for a utilt ur usmash counter. and whenever u fair'd zss in her face to jabs, there wasn't much she could do there either. even though zss players seem like they would have fast reactions, i'd encourage double jab mixups over jab spamming... cuz any char can sdi out of those haha. sometimes its safe, sometimes it isnt.. overall, kind of a gamble

double jab mixups are a gamble too and less damaging, but still, less risky haha. i guess im becoming a more conservative player :p

overall very good, ur movement is very different from mine in that you sorta have bursts of movement. like ur shield dashes seem to keep ur fingers warm and ur sheik moving very fast, but remember that moving very fast when dashing with sheik can somewhat hinder the accuracy of ur spacing. think snake or mk walking up and ftilting as opposed to sonic running around and fishing for a hit. i think its a double edged sword but u seem to have a good level of mastery down so keep it up man :) im really impressed

random dacus and random dash attacks are scary. i keep those to a minimum but sometimes there are spots where we have to use them.

when there is a day where u can use dash attacks and dacus on reaction to punish certain things against a char as fast as zss (and even mk) then sheik will definitely be fulfilling her potential :)

iLight

Smash Lord
the last part about using dacus/DA to punish i do that part really well, but yeah i think your right my spacing was slightly off by the 3rd game, the zss was reading me and we were both playing really fast.. on a side note though i don't really like walking anywhere, it makes me feel too vulnerable

and yeah ankoku, i should have been punishing there when he was breaking out, i wasn't thinking as clearly under his pressure too

saviorslegacy

I have been thinking.... is it even worth saving USmash for a kill move?

Now seriously hear me out.
There are many ways to get USmash to land on someone at low and mid percents.
At low percents %'s you can do this: Fair> u-tilt> USmash
That does 49%. You can also d-tilt, f-tilt. F-Throw, Fair, Nair, Bair and Uair> USmash/DACUS at various percents.
The big question you have to ask yourself is this:
How fast are my opponents getting damage and at what percents are they dieing?
You can go conservative and try to get that kill that rely's on both decay and for the opponent to be at an exact percent (I see f-tilt> USmash becoming out dated when people learn what percents their character gets KO'd at).
Or, you can go with using USmash to get damage on them. Look at USmash like Links FSmash except you can almost always hit with both hits. USmash does 29%! Let that sit and bake in your mind for a second.
Is it really worth it to try and not use this all so damaging move as a damage racker instead of a KO move?

If you want both just do f-tilt> jab and hit A on each jab. Go past the fourth jab so you don't get the wind effect (I bet no one knew about that) and then attempt a f-tilt> USmash.

Just some RNDM thoughts if anyone is interested.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha generally i never save KO moves, my thoughts usually focus on tactical advantages, and which moves are gonna give me them. i do consider staleness and whatnot but usually i prefer getting someone to 170+ and then killing them with an aerial or something LOL

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Just count it and do simple +15% for every decay it's at to kill and you wont have any problems using the usmash to deal damage and kill. I just stop using usmash to damage once I reach like 50% unless it's someone like snake then it's 70%. If I think I'm going to die soon due to having just killed my opponent and I'm in the 100%'s which means they will do risky things to kill me then I start using it to punish more (although you have to be wise when doing this) or if I want to condition people I start using it to damage even after 50% for a stock. That way if they are smart they will learn what I can punish and decide to not do that which limits theirs options and I don't even need to decay my usmash anymore. Even if you miss with the dacus punishment just as long as you are close people will fear it's glory.

Top Bottom