• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you need to use more jab. :/ nothing can beat The Disjointed Finger.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
autocancel weak nairs ****, i started spamming them against olimar and they are even good vs snake

they are good in general cuz the hitbox stays there basically until u hit the ground

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
autocancel weak nairs ****, i started spamming them against olimar and they are even good vs snake

they are good in general cuz the hitbox stays there basically until u hit the ground
Cross Jeremiah has been preaching this.

I also SH Nair OoS. That is really good.
If you wanna be creative try Fair, Bair, USmash and even a well timed Vanish.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
vanish is **** (against characters without multi jumps and stalls)

um not really feeling shacnair i'd love to see some application of it though.

nair OOS almost goes without saying.

jab is amazing OOS it combos into damage pretty much always I've been saying that for months. DO IT!

Mata (the best PT IN FL OH SNAP CUZ THERE ARE SO MANY~) is coming over tonight I'm gonna see if I can convince him to record.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh someone needs to make a sheik hitbubbles video/screenshots

i think that's such a cool development

saviorslegacy

ahhhh someone needs to make a sheik hitbubbles video/screenshots

i think that's such a cool development
Hey I'm working on it.
It is easy for me now but VERY TIME CONSUMING!!!!
I estimate it's gonna take about 3 hours just to do Nair.
Maybe 30 minutes to do f-tilt... a second time.......
(I had u-tilt and f-tilt done but I forgot to save and I'm angry at myself so I haven't picked it back up....)

ps I doubt I can get DACUS to show.
How I am being shown how to do it I have to use a taunt to activate the code.
Lucky for me DACUS requires a DA before you perform the USmash. It still might work though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh good luck on everything man

i don't even know how it works

but thanks :) ur always providing some new info

saviorslegacy

ahhhh good luck on everything man

i don't even know how it works

but thanks :) ur always providing some new info
It's actually the programmers tools.
I am just reinstalling them.
isn't dacus just a usmash? it isn't it's own move.
I have to taunt and then perform a single move I believe.
Innocentroads had it set up to where he shielded to activate the hack.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what he's saying is

you don't have to do the hitboxes of dacus specifically

because dacus is just a sliding usmash

just give us the hitboxes of usmash and it'll be the same

saviorslegacy

what he's saying is

you don't have to do the hitboxes of dacus specifically

because dacus is just a sliding usmash

just give us the hitboxes of usmash and it'll be the same
1 taunt= one attack and no more
DACUS= DA (attack #1) and an USmash (attack #2)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
You can only do one move at a time?

by the little bit of code you gave me look like you toggle a bit on so if you do another move just make sure you don't toggle it back

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
So I just played CPUsocal yesterday(he's eighth on the SoCal power rankings I think) and the matches were pretty good. It took me a while to get into the groove of how he works, but after I did, it was a much closer game. After we played, he told me his best friend is the number one sheik in SoCal, so he knows the match up really well. When he told me that, I literally did >.> in real life. So now that I know that, which one of you *******s play CPU and made it 50x harder for me to win lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Played a bunch of Smash over the week, so I'm gonna organize my thoughts and possibly rework my playstyle. Some memorable points:

- The more someone's played Brawl, the less prone they are to keep shielding what you do. They'll just buffer out their grabs or attacks because there's really no difference in failing but if they succeed then they break out of pressure and deal like 20% to you. I kinda hate Brawl's extremely low shieldstun for this, but since it's part of the game I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

- Less than half of Sheik's stuff can be beaten on reaction. Almost everything Sheik has can be shut down if correctly predicted.

- You can grab the side platform ledges in Jungle Japes from the center platform with chain if you retract before landing on the stage.

saviorslegacy

- Less than half of Sheik's stuff can be beaten on reaction. Almost everything Sheik has can be shut down if correctly predicted.
Now that is unfair....

Sure, we have short range but we have soooooo many options that predicting us is near impossible.
That and we can play on our terms in 2/3's of the roster.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
They don't have to think about every option you could possibly have. They only have to limit you to a small set of options and corner you from there.

saviorslegacy

They don't have to think about every option you could possibly have. They only have to limit you to a small set of options and corner you from there.
Then defensive options are what we need.
Turns out, you can punish a lot of character the same way. It's called "learning the match up and punishing/predicting properly". Since Sheik is so bloody fast the punishing bit is something that we excel at.
hm good insight ankoku

i just gotta fight the power and break through the heavens though
*Nair= ultimate defense

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Maybe I wasn't clear enough on that point.

Assess all of your options and don't become predictable in your responses.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Sure, we have short range but we have soooooo many options that predicting us is near impossible.
That and we can play on our terms in 2/3's of the roster.
If Sheik is over 100% and is on the ledge, it is really easy to predict what Sheik is going to do. Her get up/roll and get up attach animations are different, so the opponent knows when to shield or when to charge a down smash. Our options from ledge hop and ledge drop double jump are not too good either (especially against someone like Snake and MK). So you really have to mix up Sheik's ledge game.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
SL you need to play offline more often.

idea's like brick walling and camping are things that limit even the all powerful sheik

Also short hopped ac nair is not an ultimate defense by any means.

saviorslegacy

If Sheik is over 100% and is on the ledge, it is really easy to predict what Sheik is going to do. Her get up/roll and get up attach animations are different, so the opponent knows when to shield or when to charge a down smash. Our options from ledge hop and ledge drop double jump are not too good either (especially against someone like Snake and MK). So you really have to mix up Sheik's ledge game.
K, here all the options:

instant ledge hop> Bair plank> Vanish to regrab (this is a nice and tight planking option)
jump> Needles> regrab
ledge sweet spot Vanish (think Melee)
ledge hop> buffer chain> double jump> Vanish to grab the ledge
normal get up> jabs (fast)
while Vanish sweet spotting if they get to close you can vanish onto the stage (unsafe most of the time)
drop> chain> instant pull in> instant drop> repeat
chain> instant pull in> instant drop> instant wall jump> Bair onto the stage
ledge drop> rising Fair (easiest)
(and) the usual roll, get up attack, jump or normal get up.

Yep, we sure are limited on the aspect that we are most limited......

SL you need to play offline more often.

idea's like brick walling and camping are things that limit even the all powerful sheik

Also short hopped ac nair is not an ultimate defense by any means.
I hate wi-fi, it totally mess's up my play style.
I prefer to play offline.

I play a Peach main that beat Lain is a set... ( I said that so that you don't call him a scrub)
So yeah, I am used to brick walls. I also play a Yoshi so planking isn't foreign either.
Sheik kills campers with Needle's. Why mention that option?

No, Nair itself is her ultimate defense. SH Nair is just good for when someone is trying to approach and they have short ranged tools. It is also when predicting get ups and punishing rolling/air dodging/spot dodging.
It is also good OoS and her best combo breaker.

Those other two are what makes it her ultimate defense.
Chain can be BRKN through by to many people and jab is only good for the ground. SO those two don't count.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
And just imagine, all they have to do is stand about three and a half inches away and you're limited to about three options that actually do anything.

saviorslegacy

And just imagine, all they have to do is stand about three and a half inches away and you're limited to about three options that actually do anything.
If that would happen I would attempt to phase them by ledge dropping> chain> instant drop> repeat and auto sweet spot Vanish.
If they are smart enough to not be phased I would have one choice and that would be to ledge jump + DI to the pit and take advantage of the speed of her second jump to get height and DI to the stage.

We have have few defense's against someone juggling us though. I would just hope that I could avoid any attack attempt by spot dodging through them though.

I do agree with this aspect. We are limited. That is why you should try to get back to the stage ASAP before they can set this up.

I need to play Anther or DMG to perfect my anti douche tactics.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I just jump most of the time.

Also invincible fair is ****.

get some vids up versus this peach. no shame in loss. I lose to foxes, hahaha.

saviorslegacy

That might be hard... or at least for now.
You see, I lost my cable splitters and it is really hard to play on 2" of screen.
(Brick wall match's don't last no 3 minutes...)

However, I believe that Nicalobe has a hack that extends recording time so I could get some through his Wii.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you're getting juggled you could always dj dair.
they won't expect that.

saviorslegacy

if you're getting juggled you could always dj dair.
they won't expect that.
Or since I just finished with the hit box's and found out that Fair and Dair have the smae hit box is the same position why not just time a Fair?
Sheik boards now have a social thread? Didn't know.

I might be picking up Sheik again since she's still fun to use, not that anyone cares.
wb

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

i was going to ask this earlier but what do u mean by invincible fair?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
glad you asked.

it is basically a ledge hopped fair.

When you grab the edge you get X amount of invlu frame normally when you grab the edge you have to hold on for y frames before you can do anything including letting go. This isn't true if you chain and pull yourself in. you can grab the edge and imediately let go so from that point on you get all X of your invu frames instead of X-Y so you you can throw out moves with full invincibility that can not be beaten. from there you can decided to DI back off stage or land on. unfortunately most good characters can sheild it and then punish OOS. but it is a strong option.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ohhhh haha i getcha, yeah

i realized dropping a bit and ledgehopping onto the stage (but where the peak of ur jump is close to level with the stage so u dont have to fall too much) with an airdodge is actually a decent option haha

Judo777

Smash Master
doesnt tethering give u less invincibility tho? im pretty sure you have less invincibility then if u just grab the ledge.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
I think he means chain tether and then press up to be in ledge grab mode, then ledge hop, which should give you normal invincibility

Top Bottom