• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Marth and Sheik play similarly at first glance but have quite a few subtle differences that change all sorts of matchups.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hey, I was just wondering if you guys could contribute to the Sheik match-up thread. We changed characters about a day ago, but I haven't got any contributions.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I had to play the only other sheik in FL in tourney yesterday. It was pretty stupid.

I lost to the best snake in FL... 2-0ed but both matches were close. Zelda failed me first game... as usual!

Lost later to a DK-D3 again... zelda johns.

I need to step my zelda up or just stop using her.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I had to play the only other sheik in FL in tourney yesterday. It was pretty stupid.

I lost to the best snake in FL... 2-0ed but both matches were close. Zelda failed me first game... as usual!

Lost later to a DK-D3 again... zelda johns.

I need to step my zelda up or just stop using her.
Really? DK & D3 are easier to handle w/ Zelda than Sheik IMO. Zelda's jab vs D3 is **** and so is the spacing from the f-smash. Up-Smash & all of her aerials are much easier to land on DK. You probably just need more match-up experience.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I find it easier to punish openings and deal damage to DK and Dedede as Sheik, but it's infinitely less stressful to land the killing blow on them as Zelda. I feel that beating an experienced DK or DDD player in tournament will demand use of both Sheik and Zelda unless you want to make it a chore on yourself.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I find it easier to punish openings and deal damage to DK and Dedede as Sheik, but it's infinitely less stressful to land the killing blow on them as Zelda. I feel that beating an experienced DK or DDD player in tournament will demand use of both Sheik and Zelda unless you want to make it a chore on yourself.
Meh, maybe for DDD since he's so fat and his recovery is good but DK you can just set up to gimp. Ftilt into fair, followed up with a vanish or another aerial works wonders on DK

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Treat your control stick like a phone dial pad.

Code:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
Move your control stick in this fashion 6, 6, 1
Thanks a ton! Ima use this as a mindgame, I even did it in a friendly in a hour ago and it was basically a bait so I can ftilt my opponent

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Meh, maybe for DDD since he's so fat and his recovery is good but DK you can just set up to gimp. Ftilt into fair, followed up with a vanish or another aerial works wonders on DK
I don't want to say I wasn't trying or I didn't care or john. But after this match win or lose I had to leave for work. I just lost a close match with afro and had to go jiggs to beat a strong sheik/zelda main. (Jiggs is actually good if you aren't sleeping while playing her/him/it... OH SNAP PUN!) I wasn't putting forth the effort necessary to win. If I did win I'd of given him the win anyway.

I'm lucky enough to have a ton of DK experince. I play one of if not the best dk in FL frequently, lol. I'm lacking in D3 xp, but switching to zelda actually cost me a lot of unnecessary damage and a stock on FD when I was ahead similar to my match with Afro's snake when I was camped to 170 percent before I got my kill move off.

As far as I'm concerned Sheik will do better alone in every match up than when teamed with zelda. Zelda is just too easy to take advantage of if you have a strong projectile or good range/speed. I'll admit my zelda is hella weak, lol, but every oppertunity I've given her to do her promary job, kill I've been drastically let down.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Using Transform doesn't automatically give you ability to start fishing for the kill, it's much more effective to just make the opponent fear almost all your options.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Seriously <3, your Zelda isn't as bad you make it out to be, but you need more practice for sure. I'll keep doing what I can to help ya out. As far as you going Zelda, you really just key in too hard to try and get a kill move rather than actually getting it. Just take your time and don't telegraph everything.

Yea, it was really lame that me and <3 had to play in tourney. Really Lame!!! You have a nice Jiggs though, for a change up.

I got totally embarassed this last tourney for real. I LOST TO GANON, I LITERALLY FROZE ON THE CONTROLLER! That was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt on a controller in my life. I feel ashamed of myself completely. When I do hit the tourney scene again, I'll be raging like I was before. Just gotta build myself up again lol.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Seriously <3, your Zelda isn't as bad you make it out to be, but you need more practice for sure. I'll keep doing what I can to help ya out. As far as you going Zelda, you really just key in too hard to try and get a kill move rather than actually getting it. Just take your time and don't telegraph everything.

Yea, it was really lame that me and <3 had to play in tourney. Really Lame!!! You have a nice Jiggs though, for a change up.

I got totally embarassed this last tourney for real. I LOST TO GANON, I LITERALLY FROZE ON THE CONTROLLER! That was the most uncomfortable I've ever felt on a controller in my life. I feel ashamed of myself completely. When I do hit the tourney scene again, I'll be raging like I was before. Just gotta build myself up again lol.
Your Sheik lost to a Ganon? Isn't that like... a 95-5 in your favor?

*has beaten IC's with Ganon*

Seriously... I don't believe their matchup ratios. 100:0? I won? Pffffft.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Your Sheik lost to a Ganon? Isn't that like... a 95-5 in your favor?

*has beaten IC's with Ganon*

Seriously... I don't believe their matchup ratios. 100:0? I won? Pffffft.
I know, neither do I. Like I said, I literally froze on the controller. That was the most uncomfortable I looked on a controller in years! Everything I did felt forced and nothing flowed naturally. No Johns, Zhouten's Ganon is a monster but that is no excuse when I play normally. I'll just get him next time.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I know, neither do I. Like I said, I literally froze on the controller. That was the most uncomfortable I looked on a controller in years! Everything I did felt forced and nothing flowed naturally. No Johns, Zhouten's Ganon is a monster but that is no excuse when I play normally. I'll just get him next time.
...losing to ganon. You realize you can just duck and punish whatever he throws at you right?

Ducking sheik > all of ganons approaches

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Tristain that isn't entierly true... Ed Is kind of known to be my opposite and is very aggressive. Zhouten played very intelligently and punished a lot of rush in's. He linked moves together well and limited options very impressively. He kept presure up and covered gannondorf's weaknesses very very well. Gdorf has a slew of moves that hit crouching sheik. dair is a big one, instant aerial DownB, dtilt, fair...

His Gdorf shocked everyone there.

I didn't see all of the match but this ganno was beast. He took the D3 that got first (CO18) down to his last stock twice and only lost one match because of a low percent gimp. His gannon was not a joke.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I hate how every one hates Ganon..... His only major down fall is approaching. Take advantage of this.

BTW... you don't destroy his best approach with duck... "Flame Choke". You can just f-tilt/Needle this though. -_-

Just play the campy ***** and pretend it is a first person shooter (duck and cover). Oh.. combo's/gimping is good too. <,<
I think I got carried away. lol

:EDIT: OMG! I forgot about Dair... yes... that one *****......

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I didn't know about ducking Sheik > Ganon lol.

Yea, he punished very well which was the shocking part. That and tech-chased me amazingly hard with flame choke. It was so frustrating that he was covering up so well. In the end, I was just thoroughly outplayed. He was even getting out of tilt lock easily. I'll stop complaining about it because its done. All I can say is I hope we play again. I really do. I won't change my style, just make far less mistakes than the double-digit amount I made, especially the flubbed DACUSs, I had about 15 missed ones, instead of the 90-95% success rate I enjoy.

And I suppose some more needles won't hurt lol.

legion598

Smash Ace
ya I know some1 who uses ganon and ganons got some decent priority to defend with and some good power, no great approaches but ganon can handle himself decently unless u have a disjointed hit box

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
seems to me gdorf has a suprizingly fast aerial game between nair and uair that'd help to keep our aerials at bay.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
That he does. DJNair, Uair, Dair, and Bair can all AC so I was boggled as I was trying to figure him out. The Nair was the annoying one since I wanted to take things to the air but was getting stuffed.

I just got read, and lost. GGs lol.

gm jack

Smash Lord
As far as I'm concerned Sheik will do better alone in every match up than when teamed with zelda. Zelda is just too easy to take advantage of if you have a strong projectile or good range/speed. I'll admit my zelda is hella weak, lol, but every oppertunity I've given her to do her promary job, kill I've been drastically let down.
With Zelda, you just have to bait and punish them. Don't throw out many attacks, just force them to make a mistake, and then make them eat an Usmash, which should probably kill if Sheik is hitting them far enough away to get in a transformation, but they are too heavy and hard to gimp to get a Sheik kill at a reasonable percent if your Ftilt isn't decayed, or you missed the GRUST window.

Zelda struggles through a lack of options, so people will pick up on what you are trying to do quickly. However, if you only need to bait 3 responses per game, that isn't too bad at all. A couple of smashed and a grab to Uthrow to bait an air dodge to follow with a lightning kick or Uair should do the trick on characters Sheik has trouble killing.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
LOL new title is catchy and if you lose to Ganon well.....if its wifi, play the Ganon again and win, if its offline, drop Sheik

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It is hard to bait granades. characters like snake force approaches zelda has a horrible approach game.

Leaf. I'm not exactly sure who you are, but I'm sure that gdorf would stomp you... literally. Underestimating characters you don't understand is why characters are some characters are so low on the teir list despite their obvious advantages to the people that use them.
Like I said that same gannondorf was a hair away from beating a top ranked D3.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks for backing me <3, next time I play him, I'll do better; that's all I can say.

@ Leaf: Dropping Sheik because of that is pretty messed up. We're all entitled to off days. I just so happened to have mine with Ganon. It happens. I'll live.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Rofl Susa. You have to change social titles every 40 minutes like the Marths.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
SuSa don't be a dictator now with the social threads.

and ganondorf can beat a sheik it's not impossible such the 95/5 ratio which we all jokivly said with the chain it's 110/-10. The ganon just has to be like 95% better then you at the game then you to win. If you honestly lose to a gano when trying your hardest there is shame to it because there's a player who is 95% better then you, which sucks.

Top Bottom