• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

SuSa

Banned via Administration
SuSa don't be a dictator now with the social threads.

and ganondorf can beat a sheik it's not impossible such the 95/5 ratio which we all jokivly said with the chain it's 110/-10. The ganon just has to be like 95% better then you at the game then you to win. If you honestly lose to a gano when trying your hardest there is shame to it because there's a player who is 95% better then you, which sucks.
I will be a dictator if I **** well please.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
and ganondorf can beat a sheik it's not impossible such the 95/5 ratio which we all jokivly said with the chain it's 110/-10. The ganon just has to be like 95% better then you at the game then you to win. If you honestly lose to a gano when trying your hardest there is shame to it because there's a player who is 95% better then you, which sucks.
I honestly wish that was the case Tristan, I just played poorly, no johns. I honestly think I could do much better against him, but it just wasn't the case. Was he a better player that day? Most definitely. If I had the chance to play again would I play better and hopefully have a better result? I certainly think so, but I will stop making excuses for how I played that day.

I sucked, he won, GGs :)

BTW, are we ever going to have another tournament placings thread just to see how everyone does when they go out to tourneys. I think it's a good idea, so we can all see how players progress through time.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I honestly wish that was the case Tristan, I just played poorly, no johns. I honestly think I could do much better against him, but it just wasn't the case. Was he a better player that day? Most definitely. If I had the chance to play again would I play better and hopefully have a better result? I certainly think so, but I will stop making excuses for how I played that day.

I sucked, he won, GGs :)

BTW, are we ever going to have another tournament placings thread just to see how everyone does when they go out to tourneys. I think it's a good idea, so we can all see how players progress through time.
No worries man. Ganondorf can surprise you if you don't have experience in the match-up. I was playing a guy called Zeon Star, that has one of the better Ganondorfs, one tournament. He took me to my last stock and got me up to killing %s. He might have even beaten me if my friend didn't decide to pick up Ganondorf and give me practice.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks man, I definitely lacked tournament Ganon experience. My friends and I merely dabble with Ganon. The difference between tournament and casual Ganon is hilariously huge I noticed. Zhouten was absurd. I even went and checked the Ganon tier list on their boards and he's only a few spots under Koskinator. I didn't know what kind of evil fiend I was up against until it was too late lol.

I'll look at this now and merely laugh for 10 minutes at a time. Really nice learning experience for me and future tournament prep.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO tristan knows his ****

except it's a 140:-40 matchup, not 110:-10

get ***** ganon

we got the better triforce

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Woah woah woah... people use sheik in tourney? news to me.

SO~ I understand now... I can beat meta, good metas with Sheik... pretty freaking exciting. Just gotta get my Dacus alot more consistent for grab release kils. Screw zelda! In all seriousness sheik is too fast for him. :)
Um... just gotta keep gaining the match up experince and man... I'll have sheik in S teir. If wario and falco can make it, lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, using Zelda against Meta Knight is typically a bad idea. She doesn't have much to stop him from just staying safe all day.

SuSa

lmao that was a mikehaze/choknater level pun

in other news SuSa should show us his results with sheik =P

I totally forgot about going Sheik at World 1-2.

I'll do it at World 1-3. which IIRC is August 1st or 2nd... lol

I only got 9th. :/ lost to Awesome! (Pit/Peach) and Dao (Diddy Kong) after beating a Falco, a Wario, 2 G&W's, and a MK. Barely lost to Awesome! the first round, then was stupid and went Failco? pfffffft.

Dao, I started Marth (lol? Even if he is my secondary for Olimar... why Diddy?) and got wrecked. Then I went Snake+Norfair and he was suprisingly good there.... :/ bad CP on my part.. he got the lead and approaching got me *****, and camping he could avoid. >.<

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Trying to decide to go Sheik or Pika at a big tourney... >_>

Nice title by the way. However, you'll never be the dictator of the pika thread. lol.

Kaylo has that job... *shivers*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have a better chance of winning with Sheik than I do with Pikachu, but that has nothing to do with strict viability and matchups. : P

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think solo sheik is viable. I don't understand what is makes pika such a strong character. I get to play and watch a strong pika main/sub down here. Gallax, a pika backroomer in fact. He wins a good amount of matches against other people my sheik wrecks him though.
I watched a few anther matches and though I understand pika better through him I still don't see all the pika hype.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Woah woah woah... people use sheik in tourney? news to me.

SO~ I understand now... I can beat meta, good metas with Sheik... pretty freaking exciting. Just gotta get my Dacus alot more consistent for grab release kils. Screw zelda! In all seriousness sheik is too fast for him. :)
Um... just gotta keep gaining the match up experince and man... I'll have sheik in S teir. If wario and falco can make it, lol.
Why yes they do.

Same, I never knew you could do DACUS!? You should've broke it out when we were playing. It would've made things made more exciting rather than tilt lock wars. Your still good at bashing Zelda :laugh:

Matchup experience.....good!

SuSa

I think solo sheik is viable. I don't understand what is makes pika such a strong character. I get to play and watch a strong pika main/sub down here. Gallax, a pika backroomer in fact. He wins a good amount of matches against other people my sheik wrecks him though.
I watched a few anther matches and though I understand pika better through him I still don't see all the pika hype.
I also think she is viable it's just Pikachu is... more viable.....

Also 10doesheusedthrow on you's? Pretty sure Sheik is one of the few wrecked by dthrow <_<

EDIT:
Shiek
[1] 0 to 105 + regrab; [2] 0 to 58 + regrab
Fthrow x 2 > Dthrow x 14 > grab
Fthrow x 8 > grab

10thatpikaneedstoplaymoregayagainstyou

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, if Pikachu spams Thundershocks, eat a few or you'll be giving him the chance to take you to KO % immediately.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
OMFG GO SEE TRANSFORMERS 2 RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have to go sell your Wii or something!!!!!!!
music 5/5
plot 5/5
comedy 4/5 (I give it a 4 cuz it is ratid PG 13 with that many sex jokes... I don't think it is proper for kids of that age... just my opinion) Rather than that is a freakin funny.
action 100,000,000/5 (I can pretty much say that there isn't a movie out there with more action)
flow 5/5
look 5/5

In other words... go see it right now! Catch the afternoon showing tomorrow. <,<

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I also think she is viable it's just Pikachu is... more viable.....

Also 10doesheusedthrow on you's? Pretty sure Sheik is one of the few wrecked by dthrow <_<

EDIT:
Shiek
[1] 0 to 105 + regrab; [2] 0 to 58 + regrab
Fthrow x 2 > Dthrow x 14 > grab
Fthrow x 8 > grab

10thatpikaneedstoplaymoregayagainstyou
just take damage before the first grab. pika's air game isn't as strong and with ftil it is easy to get pika up there.

ALSO! jab->short->dsmash. it is true at like 180?... something like that... with bad DI it'll work way way lower (if they are not DIing down).

Charoo

Smash Champion

I totally forgot about going Sheik at World 1-2.

I'll do it at World 1-3. which IIRC is August 1st or 2nd... lol

I only got 9th. :/ lost to Awesome! (Pit/Peach) and Dao (Diddy Kong) after beating a Falco, a Wario, 2 G&W's, and a MK. Barely lost to Awesome! the first round, then was stupid and went Failco? pfffffft.

Dao, I started Marth (lol? Even if he is my secondary for Olimar... why Diddy?) and got wrecked. Then I went Snake+Norfair and he was suprisingly good there.... :/ bad CP on my part.. he got the lead and approaching got me *****, and camping he could avoid. >.<

have we met before? I didn't even realize you're in socal until now haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just saw susa using snake in some tourny that mike haze posted on character rankings thread :p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
got second today at a little tourney.
HRnut knocked me into losers during winners finals and then into out in grand finals

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
How little of a tourney was it? Anyone notable that you beat?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I got second at a little tourney today, too. There were around 10 people, so we did round robin. I won all my matches except for 3 and the first place person won all except for 2... :ohwell:

gm jack

Smash Lord
I went to my first yesterday (London Monthly). Didn't get out of pools, but I was down to kill percentages against 2 people in my pool who beat me, and he other went to the semis, and I was still keeping up.

On a related note, does anyone have any tips on practicing the ftilt lock? My though was to just go into an infinite time match with a fox (lvl 9, for frame perfect shielding and airdodgingout of it), get them to 30% or so and practice locking them to Usmash, which I also missed once of twice.

Any better ideas, assuming no people to play against?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
You don't really practice ftilt locking, you just do it. When ftilt locking, try and ftilt just before Sheik lands her foot on the ground to ftilt as fast as you can.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I need some way to practise consistency though. I can land two or three into a finisher no problem. However, I played a Fox in the tournament, and twice I messed up either the lock near the end or the transition to Usmash.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
How little of a tourney was it? Anyone notable that you beat?
um....... no? maybe? spike a pit/rob main.
HRnut's teams partner.

Nexus agian same guy from the vid his MK

Mata in loser's finals, PT main...

Took one game off HRnuts peach but he doesn't main her so I don't even care. I was using bowser anyway.

The tourney was silly. I think only 9 people enter even though there were 20+ there... we scared everyone off during doubles; people pretended they were poor. Also there was a big melee tourney down here with mango there and that got a lot of attention as well. Everyone who entered was good, but still that small I don't think It's worth getting um... using.

Oh speaking of which, I got second in doubles as well. lol 5 teams.

I recored some matches but I kept forgeting I have a camera so I missed a few I got my 3-0 blow out in winners finals but I forgot to record grand and loosers finals... I also have some other matches I played...

Like I said I only lost sets to HR. I lost 1 game to meta, 4 total to pits(one spikes, the other three HR, and 1 to PT and 1 to peach as sheik. In grand finals I was fooling around with bowser and jiggly after hrnut not me with peach.

Oh and that said I kind of changed my mind about the pit match up... pretty even.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
um....... no? maybe? spike a pit/rob main.
HRnut's teams partner.

Nexus agian same guy from the vid his MK

Mata in loser's finals, PT main...

Took one game off HRnuts peach but he doesn't main her so I don't even care. I was using bowser anyway.

The tourney was silly. I think only 9 people enter even though there were 20+ there... we scared everyone off during doubles; people pretended they were poor. Also there was a big melee tourney down here with mango there and that got a lot of attention as well. Everyone who entered was good, but still that small I don't think It's worth getting um... using.

Oh speaking of which, I got second in doubles as well. lol 5 teams.

I recored some matches but I kept forgeting I have a camera so I missed a few I got my 3-0 blow out in winners finals but I forgot to record grand and loosers finals... I also have some other matches I played...

Like I said I only lost sets to HR. I lost 1 game to meta, 4 total to pits(one spikes, the other three HR, and 1 to PT and 1 to peach as sheik. In grand finals I was fooling around with bowser and jiggly after hrnut not me with peach.

Oh and that said I kind of changed my mind about the pit match up... pretty even.

yep pretty even imo

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Because I'm a good trainer?

It's actually got a reason. It shows how I'm coming along for sub projects for "Project: Know It All". 1~33% was Bulbasaur, 33%-66% is Ivysaur, and 66%-Finish is Venasaur.
Only the best trainers can take on the Elite 4. Are you ready?
It's a secret... but your rival got there first so you also have to fight him.

WTF... you got me curious. Link me please.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So... I just pulled of a very sexy "combo"

Basically someone was standing on the top platform of Battlefield and I jump up and hit them with a weak nair, they tripped and I just happen to be fast falling after the nair so I decide to use the up B. I guess they might of been surprise by the trip and thus response slower then normal plus the fact it was wifi but the fact of the matter is that it connected even though they tried to roll away.

I was pleased.

Top Bottom