• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
WTF... jab over f=tilt!? Jab is like crap, grab doesn't have ANY guaranteed follow ups (unless they are an Eathbound boy), Bair is pure awsome and Needle's have to much vool down.
F-tilt is by far her best move. IMO it is the best f-tilt in the game.
there is barely anything in the game that has 100% set ups ftilt is one of those. lack of set ups doesn't define a bad move.

bair IMO is one of the best spacing moves in the game. low cool down on land and it always hit opponents backwards, My favorite part of the attack is the fact that her lower leg also hits frame 5, this can be use to push people underneath you behind you while they are sheilding. Bair is also an awesome sheild poker which leads me to needles.

You can not powersheild charged needles. which makes them an excellent sheild pressuring tool. It is also one of the best punishers in terms of distance of effect damage and speed. These are well worth the second of lag espeacially when fully charged.

i put jab grab and ftilt together because I can't really dicide how to arrange them. Jab is ridiculous. It is relatively safe oh sheild because of it's suprizingly large range and low cool down it is difficult to react to properly if your character can react at all. also two frame start up.

Grab is what frame five? frame five grab armor is beast. True, throws don't have garunteed set ups, but they never put you in a bad situation. Sheik's air game is superior to most of the cast by far.

ftilt is really match up dependant and percent dependant and decay dependant. ftilt serves a very different purpose at 120% than it does at 30% or than it does at 5%.

If I only focused on that 30-100 range then yeah I'd have ftilt on the top of my list easy but that isn't the whole game you are going to find yourself in a lot of situations where ftilt isn't going to set up well for anything.

clowsui

Smash Legend
btw <3 ftilt lock can be di'd but you can just follow their di most of the time. they can move around IN the lock but if you do it right they can't escape until ~90

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
There's a good Sheik combo video?

You mean Gimpy's ancient one?
Ancient yes... good yes
The other ones are not only old but really bad......
What? We have a combo video? O.o

Edit:

Lol, look at this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237893.
*points at Stealths rock house
"yes we have a combo video (now if he was joking then I'll feel like an idiot)
Well Savior I could buy one now with the money I have or even a good car if I took out a loan but my father said he would chip in a couple k come last Monday which I plan to collect upon as soon as I get back home.

Overall I should have a car soon but I don't know when exactly.
When I first read this I thought you were talking about a combo video.Then I realized it was about your car. So I have to things to say.

I can help you make a combo video (I have a MP3 download of better harder fast stronger).

What model are you wanting to get?
I will be there, 100%. Unless the car get's hit by a meteor on the way there. But even then, I'll meteor cancel.
*votes East member of the year
there is barely anything in the game that has 100% set ups ftilt is one of those. lack of set ups doesn't define a bad move.

bair IMO is one of the best spacing moves in the game. low cool down on land and it always hit opponents backwards, My favorite part of the attack is the fact that her lower leg also hits frame 5, this can be use to push people underneath you behind you while they are sheilding. Bair is also an awesome sheild poker which leads me to needles.

You can not powersheild charged needles. which makes them an excellent sheild pressuring tool. It is also one of the best punishers in terms of distance of effect damage and speed. These are well worth the second of lag espeacially when fully charged.

i put jab grab and ftilt together because I can't really dicide how to arrange them. Jab is ridiculous. It is relatively safe oh sheild because of it's suprizingly large range and low cool down it is difficult to react to properly if your character can react at all. also two frame start up.

Grab is what frame five? frame five grab armor is beast. True, throws don't have garunteed set ups, but they never put you in a bad situation. Sheik's air game is superior to most of the cast by far.

ftilt is really match up dependant and percent dependant and decay dependant. ftilt serves a very different purpose at 120% than it does at 30% or than it does at 5%.

If I only focused on that 30-100 range then yeah I'd have ftilt on the top of my list easy but that isn't the whole game you are going to find yourself in a lot of situations where ftilt isn't going to set up well for anything.
I agree with everything you said except the f-tilt part. Here is my argument:

f-tilt set up= sex kick weak hit, Bair, Fair, Nair and d-tilt (notice Bair)
If you space yourself very well with Fair and keep it decayed not only does it allow for a lot more combo options but it also is a perfect set up for f-tilt.

A friend got so pissed at me and my f-tilt. So he challenged me to a match without me using a f-tilt. In the end I lost because Sheik needs that move. I kept on catching myself when I would go to do it. That is when I realized how much that move is used.
So to prove my point I want you to do the same.

ps nice Needle and Bair info

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmao losing because you didn't use ftilt doesn't mean that you need it necessarily, it just means that the skill gap isn't large enough to the point where you don't use sheik's ftilt and win.

poor logic/10

forcing yourself to not use ftilt is actually a pretty good idea, at least in friendlies. it forces you to compensate and develop other spacing/punishment strategies.

my list is like...(in no particular order within their own tiers)
jab 1, jab 2 or both [cancelled, of course]/ftilt/needles (always useful)
grab/nair/bair/dsmash (useful mostly)
uair/utilt/fair/usmash/dash attack (decently useful)
fsmash/dair/jab combo (situational)

throws:
Fthrow/Dthrow (good)
Bthrow (decent)

Uthrow (unordered)

@<3: i've been using bair more...while it's good at keeping the opponent out it's very easy for the opponent to run into the effective range and shield it. even if you ff they just shieldgrab or jc usmash lol

saviorslegacy

lmao losing because you didn't use ftilt doesn't mean that you need it necessarily, it just means that the skill gap isn't large enough to the point where you don't use sheik's ftilt and win.

poor logic/10

forcing yourself to not use ftilt is actually a pretty good idea, at least in friendlies. it forces you to compensate and develop other spacing/punishment strategies.
no u
IMO... without Bair, Needle's and f-tilt Sheik is just an under powered Captain Falcon.

I have done this in the past.. and need to do it again........

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sheik can live without ftilt, lol.

@clowsui
are you DIing away from them when you bair?

Hmm... when you SH with sheik you should be doing so about a bair's distance away form your opponent you should react to dash in with a second jump or just fast fall DI away and run. or throw out bair early to force a stop. You really have to be reactive. luckily bair is fast enough to use like that.
The only issue is pshelding you shouldn't be getting punished OOS regularly if you've hit with strong bair it seems to have a good amount of sheild stun.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
i was doing that to prove a point.You have to get fox at like 30% to get the kill.above like 60 he can DI out and jump away.

I think I clearly say "You should be sheilding this and punishing me" during my tilts at 5%.

fox has more than enough mobility and speed to avoid ftilts during that little window. At least in my experience...
To prove a point, you were using it incorrectly every time except once? I think everyone here knows that you want to start within the window of 25-45%, not 60-90%. I think everyone here knows that ftilting below 25% is really really stupid. If anyone didn't, I certainly hope he or she does now. Yes, players can work to avoid the ftilt, but it's not so impossible to land that you should just throw a 30-death setup away.

sheik can live without ftilt, lol.
Yeah, just like Dedede can live without his grab, Fox without his usmash, Meta Knight without his dair, Snake without his ftilt, and Marth without his fair.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
LOL <3, that post was exactly 10 characters. XD

*sigh* Why can't we use Sheik's dagger...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wtf. a sheik social thread?

i haven't been to these boards in a long time

i still **** w/ sheik though ahhhh <3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LMAO

i actually yelled "daaaayum!" at one part of that video

added to favs, legit

and im very picky with my favorites

saviorslegacy

Did anyone see the Japanese Brawl tier list in late Feb? It might have changed by now, but apparently Fox is higher than Falco and Wario. Pit is higher than Wolf which is higher than DK, and DDD is mid B tier.

http://brawl-alliance.vector-br.com/index.php?showtopic=56

Lol, PT is lower than Ganondorf, CF, Link, and Sonic. XD
Kel lives really close to me. I will probally fight him one of these days.
We finally get a social thread? ^_^

and agreed on pit being high.
yep.. and wb
Seems like you guys are using your social thread.

No.. it is only an illusion.

BTW.... I HATE THE FREAKIN JAPANESE LANGUAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent half an hour registering at Japans version of SWF. I finally did it but je-wiz that was annoying. Now I just need to find out where the Sheik forum is. :(

:EDIT: 1,000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saviorslegacy

You live in Japan?
No lol, and neither does Kel.
He lives in Springfield OH, but right now I think he is stationed in Japan.

Springfield is like two hour's away from me. When I get my licanse and I graduate I will be seeing people like Clowsui, Gaodmoose, Kel and others. I know two people that went to C4 as well.

So here in a bit I will be hitting the tourney scene.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wtf, kel does NOT live in springfield
he lives in C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I with his gf
also chok i'm in wa right now sadly :<

clowsui

Smash Legend
don't you ever say that to my face again >(

cincinnati and springfield are ETERNAL RIVALS...don't forget this. they beat us in beer pong but we beat them in smash...but they offer us parties and amazing tournaments, so the deal/rivalry is still upheld.

saviorslegacy

don't you ever say that to my face again >(

cincinnati and springfield are ETERNAL RIVALS...don't forget this. they beat us in beer pong but we beat them in smash...but they offer us parties and amazing tournaments, so the deal/rivalry is still upheld.
hmmm... I will be attending both so I guess I will be the guy in the middle. <,<

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I need a second to deal with Sheik's bad match-ups. With HERB 2 right around the corner [a really big corner] I figure it'll be good to stat working on a 2nd char now. I was thinking either Peach or Marth, but I'd like some other suggestions too.

saviorslegacy

I need a second to deal with Sheik's bad match-ups. With HERB 2 right around the corner [a really big corner] I figure it'll be good to stat working on a 2nd char now. I was thinking either Peach or Marth, but I'd like some other suggestions too.
I'm going for Snake. IDK who else though. -_-

Why is there so many people that main Peach, Sheik and Marth while alting one if not all of those three?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm in the same boat.

For the most part I've found that people that Sheik has severe problems with, Zelda does well with (or at least, she does relatively well).

Imo, if you're going to learn a new character just for the sake of tier safety issues, go with MK. Personally, I hated his style until I watched some M2K videos. He's quite the adaptable character and has pretty much 0 bad match ups unless it's dittos.

If you can't get the hang of him, just go for Snake or Falco I guess. DeDeDe is only popular really for his CG *huge generalisation*. If you happen to have no qualms with ethics in Brawl, then by all means...

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Marth and Sheik play styles are very similar. The only real difference is that Marth has a sword and Sheik has ftilt and needles.

Top Bottom