• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So... I just pulled of a very sexy "combo"

Basically someone was standing on the top platform of Battlefield and I jump up and hit them with a weak nair, they tripped and I just happen to be fast falling after the nair so I decide to use the up B. I guess they might of been surprise by the trip and thus response slower then normal plus the fact it was wifi but the fact of the matter is that it connected even though they tried to roll away.

I was pleased.
LMFAO!!!
Nice.. did you get the replay?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So... I just pulled of a very sexy "combo"

Basically someone was standing on the top platform of Battlefield and I jump up and hit them with a weak nair, they tripped and I just happen to be fast falling after the nair so I decide to use the up B. I guess they might of been surprise by the trip and thus response slower then normal plus the fact it was wifi but the fact of the matter is that it connected even though they tried to roll away.

I was pleased.
What character was it against? Since they all have different rolls, maybe it's guaranteed against some of the cast.

And no, I don't really have a good reason for being here.
*Disappears in a puff of confetti*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not guaranteed, since all characters can simply get up and shield before Vanish would hit, but it's a hilarious read nonetheless.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhh i really need more snake help lol.... like... if you're above him... WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO?!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL

but srsly i'm starting to think, even though i can needle camp... it's still hard to beat him on FD because if i get utilted even once, going back down is a bad idea because if i air dodge i will get tilted or dash attacked. if i try to attack him on the way down, he can beat my attack with utilt. sheik's horizontal air movement is not good enough to fake him out by going one way and then suddenly jumping or air dodge the other way. sometimes the best thing to do is to just fall toward the ledge and grab it, but that's an unfavorable position against snake...

ahhhh

i mean... i've always been good at pressuring him but like... once i get hit, it's really hard to recover myself into a good position again

Tristan_win

Not dead.
LOL

but srsly i'm starting to think, even though i can needle camp... it's still hard to beat him on FD because if i get utilted even once, going back down is a bad idea because if i air dodge i will get tilted or dash attacked. if i try to attack him on the way down, he can beat my attack with utilt. sheik's horizontal air movement is not good enough to fake him out by going one way and then suddenly jumping or air dodge the other way. sometimes the best thing to do is to just fall toward the ledge and grab it, but that's an unfavorable position against snake...

ahhhh

i mean... i've always been good at pressuring him but like... once i get hit, it's really hard to recover myself into a good position again
Yeah, it's a ***** but if your not in killing % why not just eat a utilt then? It wont kill you and it will take snake another 8 hits to make it return to it's full power so it will be like 10-15% weaker until then.

edit: oh your asking what to do if you get utilt up in the first place.... Hmmm...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah... its just... being above him is a bad position ahahah

i dunno what to do when im in that position!!

not all snakes will usmash.. i can just dair through that or dodge it or something

i keep getting baited or punished when i come back down for something

i try to be more patient and try to evade and avoid him, but i just end up on the ledge with him doing crazy stuff to keep me from getting back up

tilt, usmash, nair, nades, dsmash, c4, u name it

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I know where your coming from Chok, I have a lot of trouble with this as well. This is one of those things that shows your characters limitations because as we all know below Sheik is horrible for her.

A lot of times against Snake I will just fastfall into a shield and just eat an ftilt or a grab......at least I can reset my spacing then.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
go to the edge.
needle reverse (B reverse) to mess up his spacing as you fall. It reverses your momentum and makes you that much harder to follow and predict.
double jump dair, or dair high to get to the ground faster.
feelin lucky......... dair above him.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I worked all day!

OH! thats what I wanted to post... Fsmash... that move isn't as horrible as I used to day. the opening of fsmash has two different hit boxes one that keeps the opponent in place; this one is at the tip of her foot, and another that knocks the opponent a set distance away. this is everywhere between the tip of her foot and directly in front of her. It will always knock the opponents this set distance regardless off percent, and lame inexact tests of mine reveal DI doesn't play a huge role.

As I'm sure we all know at some lower percent strong bair true combos into fsmash which is neat if you have no needles or you want to save them for something. After that weak bair will combo for smidge... now you can use bair to fsmash to kill because weak bair will knock them into that tipper fsmash range. lol... well not kill but it sets up for good edge gaurds. I just barely have it killing meta on FD so with proper DI... yeah. Also it is percent dependent and kinda DI dependent unlike the lower percent ones so yeah it's pretty much useless... BUT! this paragraph is purty useless anyway.

I just wanted to say I'm happy I realized the tipper fsmash thing I can use fsmash to punish more often when needles, dsmash, or ftilt aren't going to do it.

fsmash does 14 damage fresh, lol.
dsmash is 13. (double hit dsmash is 23 but you need big mess ups at lower percents, people won't give you that often)
needles full 18.
5 needles is 15.
4 is 12...

SO~... yeah use fsmash more to punish please.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...So your saying Sheik can combo into all of her smash attacks and we still can't kill very well? Come on now....

I actually didn't know sheik could strong bair into fsmash or even weak bair to fsmash and better yet do it in killing %. I've always just went for the dtilt, needles, dash attack if ftilt couldn't be used.

in fact now that I think about it are you sure you can true combo bair into Fsmash. I would think something like this would be talk about by now....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh... decay! you probablly can set it up at kill percents. Fsmash kills pretty high though.... and the set up requires weak bair just above the ground. Even form behind sour bair doesn't have the safe sheild advantage...

on the plus you get plenty of time to confirm hit so I guess if you understood decay well and knew your percents you could get some nice gaurnteed kills... even after the ftilt usmash range... Hmm.......

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fsmash can be Di'ed out of easily. I'm pretty sure this isn't a guaranteed setup anyways.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
thats what I used to say too... grab a friend and try it.

sour bair fsmash works unless they DI to a tech roll... thats if they get to the tumble animation.

RE-EDIT!
So......... I can consistently smash DI out it (both tipper and non) at 1/4th speed. not at all on regular though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
wow... imagine that <.<.

If you approach the match up all care free fox can wreck you so bad. fox is so dangerous he can punish little mistakes almost as well as we can but twice as hard. You can only rely on ftilt lock here because there is so much more to the match than that one move.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
wow... imagine that <.<.

If you approach the match up all care free fox can wreck you so bad. fox is so dangerous he can punish little mistakes almost as well as we can but twice as hard. You can only rely on ftilt lock here because there is so much more to the match than that one move.
Surprising you didn't go and say something when ScaryLB lost to a Ganondorf.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
double wut?
It was the worst of the Zelda's after the CD-I (which I don't count) and The Adventures of Link. (In that order)

But it was Legend of Zelda so I had to beat it to say I've beaten every single one.

Twice.
i actually thought it was a horrible game after i beat it, also, <3 the title
Legend of Zelda or Wind Waker?

Also glad you like the title. lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
wind waker...and every zelda after, only good ones were n64 and before that...the ones after that should be burned, including twilight princess

Tristan_win

Not dead.
<-- Isn't really a Legend of Zelda fan even though he has played and beaten 3 of them, the first one twice.

The games are alright.... I got more into them once I started using sheik in melee but for the most part they aren't too challenging if played normally

IE as gay as possible.

SuSa

Do what I do.

Beat Majora's Mask out of order. (Get the bow and arrow from the Swamp Temple then go to the Goron one and do stuffs til you can go do the Zora one. Then finish the Zora one, then the Goron one, then the Deku one (Ocean Mountain Swamp) then do the Canyon one.

Alternatively beat it with 3 hearts (5 if you really want to) *I forgot the amount of heart pieces you get for getting every item in the game.. but do that as well. All items/Bombers Notebook complete with as few hearts as possible*

Ocarina of Time is fun to do with 3 hearts.

In fact, 3 hearts makes most of them funner. :3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Twilight Princess was easily the third best game in the series. OoT is without a doubt a masterpiece but seriously.......you go through the exact same dungeons over again. At least in Twilight Princess they didn't recycle anything.

SuSa

Please tell me what dungeons you go over again? I don't remember a single one really...

TP was overly repetitive and they did little with giving the Wolf Link an important role in the game.

Wolf Link's Roll: "Kill multiple monsters to unlock teleports and gather bugs for the fairies"

<_<

The order I like them:
OoT
MM
ALTTP
The Legend of Zelda
WW
TP
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures -_-
The Adventures of Link
CD-I ones

I'm sure I forgot a few -_- but whatever; I'm tired

TL;DR
SuSa has no life and this proves it:
http://www.smashboards.com/news/blogs/123930/962/loz-saga

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You go through the forest, fire, water, blah blah blah temples as a kid and then you go through them as dungeons when your an adult if i remember correctly.

Top Bottom