• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new home skin for Smashboards

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay, I'm not Hylian, but I can still say that people nitpicked the living !@#$ out of her saying. Any of you taking it out of context like that are the laughable ones. If you have nothing but bad to say. . .

As the saying goes.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Perhaps my history is not so great, but I'm having a hard time thinking of an architect or designer who got the same change of reception as an artist like van Gogh. Art is art - how people perceive it is entirely subjective, with the obvious exception of art that is simply of poor quality. Design, though, has two big aspects - yes, the overall appearance and eye candy you get around what you're designing for is certainly comparable to art, but I wouldn't go and say the other half, functionality, is something that needs "nitpicking" to point out as a major difference between pure art for the sake of art; and design.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe if Radium went and claimed that Diotisalvi (or whoever) made a huge error in planning that eventually led to an excellent tourist attraction I could agree with that.

Radium88

Smash Lord
HAaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

He gave me an infraction on this for trolling. XD

Too bad for him, I was serious.
lolololol thanks for enlighting everybody.

I agree he could have been a bit more discreet with his response but how is he a patsy for agreeing with me?

Besides, why would he not agree with me? The girlfriend is always right anyways. For all you doornails out there, this last part is sarcasm and not to be taken as if I really think that.

:phone:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you have nothing but bad to say. . .
...Then there must be nothing good to say.

...Then save your breath; there's no point in talking to them anyways.

Don't remember exactly how that expression goes, but I'm pretty sure it's one of these two...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
HAaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

He gave me an infraction on this for trolling. XD

Too bad for him, I was serious.
Too bad for me? lol if you say so. I gave you an infraction for trolling because you mocked me and your post had no purpose but to instigate/let you be a smartass.

I find it funny that you think it's strange that i would agree with my girlfriend.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
wouldn't that actually be a flaming infraction? He's not thinking it's strange, so much as calling it what it is. It really stands out lol.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Lololol so does that mean he's going out with everyone he agrees with/stands up for???

Hylian...are you cheating on me?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lolololol thanks for enlighting everybody.

I agree he could have been a bit more discreet with his response but how is he a patsy for agreeing with me?

Besides, why would he not agree with me? The girlfriend is always right anyways. For all you doornails out there, this last part is sarcasm and not to be taken as if I really think that.

I think you missed the point. :B

Too bad for me? lol if you say so. I gave you an infraction for trolling because you mocked me and your post had no purpose but to instigate/let you be a smartass.

I find it funny that you think it's strange that i would agree with my girlfriend.
How exactly was it mocking? I think calling you out for defending someone solely on the fact that they're your girlfriend is pretty important in a discussion. It's like saying "Guys, don't listen to MMM's constant praise of his own work". That's not trolling. That's conflict of interest.

Truth of the matter is, you gave me an infraction because I personally offended you; no one else. Your feelings were hurt and, because you're not yet wise, have lashed out using the only power you have because you don't have the words to do so. So, feel big.

"A person has challenged my honor on the internet! I shall give him an infraction!"

As for the silly van gogh thing, that was just a post made haphazardly and it was a bad analogy. Not only is the majority of the art world a steaming pile of **** (see: exhibit A), but designing a forum isn't art. It's design. As said earlier, closer to architecture.

Art doesn't have a purpose other than to "look good". A forum has some pretty obvious purposes, and MMM's site kind of ignored those basics.

While I don't think her statement is important enough to merit much discussion, I think it gets the spotlight because other than people directly involved with the creation of this skin she's pretty much the only one defending it and since her statement wasn't meant to be supported with a bunch of facts (it's more of a "come on guys, isn't having fun what this is all about" kind of statement than an argument) it's easy to rip apart. Like the skin!

wouldn't that actually be a flaming infraction? He's not thinking it's strange, so much as calling it what it is. It really stands out lol.
You'll get in trouble! Shh!! o_o

They don't like being embarrassed.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
yes radium, that's what he's saying// how clever etc. *vomits*

emineminem, why exactly did you change the top color scheme completely? it clashes horribly. also, when i change the scheme to revo it keeps reverting unless i am logged in and sometimes when i'm logged in as well(especially when i go to to main page).

also, i've played hylian in melee and can say his delivery is the least of his problems. seriously man quit fronting... we know you can't play samus/link/characters that require skill LOL

Overswarm

is laughing at you

emineminem, why exactly did you change the top color scheme completely? it clashes horribly. also, when i change the scheme to revo it keeps reverting unless i am logged in and sometimes when i'm logged in as well(especially when i go to to main page).

also, i've played hylian in melee and can say his delivery is the least of his problems. seriously man quit fronting... we know you can't play samus/link/characters that require skill LOL
I had the same problem with Revo. Log out completely with no smashboards windows open, open smashboards, delete your cookies, log in and select "remember me" then change to Revo again. Should fix issue.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How exactly was it mocking? I think calling you out for defending someone solely on the fact that they're your girlfriend is pretty important in a discussion. It's like saying "Guys, don't listen to MMM's constant praise of his own work". That's not trolling. That's conflict of interest.
It was mocking because of the "you need to work on your delivery" which is what I said to you. I'm not defending Radium because she's my girlfriend, I'm defending her because I agree with her and people are nitpicking the **** out of her post. I put much more effort into defending MetalMusicMan, does that make him my boyfriend? Can I not agree with my girlfriend on something without people thinking I'm only agreeing with her because I'm with her? That's stupid, if I didn't agree with her I wouldn't be posting on smashboards defending her, I would just talk to her about it in person. I don't follow her around on smashboards defending her from all the people that disagree with her, we just happen to be posting in the same thread. Is it even possible for you not to see everything in extremities?

Truth of the matter is, you gave me an infraction because I personally offended you; no one else. Your feelings were hurt and, because you're not yet wise, have lashed out using the only power you have because you don't have the words to do so. So, feel big.
Who are you to say if I'm wise or not? You don't even know me. You did not offend me, unless making me laugh constitutes as offense. Your responses so far have been typical and expected, I pretty much guessed how you would respond to me infracting you. I infracted you for trolling because I determined that you were trolling and not contributing anything of worth to the conversation. Like I said before, that post was just made to instigate something it had no value other than that. Saying I'm only defending radium because she's my girlfriend is ridiculous considering most of my responses about that subject have been like 1-2 sentences. No one accused me of having a man-crush on MMM when I defended him but when I defend my girlfriend(who was defending MMM....which I agreed with) it's only because she's my girlfriend?

"A person has challenged my honor on the internet! I shall give him an infraction!"
You can justify it however you want, it really does nothing for you. I don't think acting like an *** to get attention is the best idea in a community where you actually interact with people and see them on a pretty regular basis in real life. You don't actually get your point across very well at all, I remember pretty much nothing from your huge post except you drawing lines in some picture. I do remember pretty much all the other suggestions people made, though I don't remember who made them. It seems like you think people remembering your name is more important than actually getting something across that is useful.

You'll get in trouble! Shh!! o_o

They don't like being embarrassed.
The only thing I'm embarrassed about is that someone like you is a part of our community. From what I've seen over the years you've always acted radical about pretty much any big subject you could get your hands on. You say that you post in a negative manner so people pay attention to your posts, but I've seen several posts from you that have nothing to do with an argument/getting a point across etc and are just flat out rude and uncalled for. This may be the "internet" but you are still defining who you are considering this community interacts in the real world.

Radium88

Smash Lord

You meant fox/falco right? Lololol get your facts straight first. Probably wasn't an actual match since his mains are the space animals. (And yes, trying to defend him because he's my lover)

Ok, let me reiterate, so I know of this guy who got a lot of bull**** for not being like everybody else mainly because everyone around him was too close minded and wouldn't open up to creativity. *shrugs* But whatever.

But yeah, so skin looks better and better MMM/Bionic. Keep it up!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ok, let me reiterate, so I know of this guy who got a lot of bull**** for not being like everybody else mainly because everyone around him was too close minded and wouldn't open up to creativity. *shrugs* But whatever.
I have three different ways to turn this around on you, but I'm going to instead try to come up with a better form of support.

MMM added a bunch of features and "extra content" that were requested from the top. Some people wanted them; some people actually didn't, and thus did not appreciate losing their old skin as well as a significant amount of screen space in exchange for things they weren't actually interested in. Luckily, Revolution is back for those people, so any substance-less feedback toward Vibrant is no longer necessary.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Luckily, Revolution is back for those people, so any substance-less feedback toward Vibrant is no longer necessary.
What about hatred for such things on principle alone?

I haven't decided if being involved in something that doesn't involve you, yet offends you on principle, is morally correct or not.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If it's not going to make a difference because the only one who can change it is decidedly against doing anything about every single thing you dislike, then you're pretty much just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
no, it was tournament. close to jv-4 stock on his fox BF, then he countered falco PS, i won YS, marth. although, this was after a year hiatus on my part, the usual. and no, i didn't reference your Van Gogh 'non-analogy' in my last post at all, but thanks for the clarification. and no, i didn't mean his fox/falco, i meant the samus/link he sports every time he posts. too bad you didn't catch on... that was a great joke.

i don't really care about ****ting on hylian, he removed my permaban. as hylian would put it... i can't say i don't not dislike him.

oh, and here's another 'creative' site you should check out radium – http://www.boohbah.tv/zone.html

Radium88

Smash Lord
no, it was tournament. close to jv-4 stock on his fox BF, then he countered falco PS, i won YS, marth. although, this was after a year hiatus on my part, the usual. and no, i didn't reference your Van Gogh 'non-analogy' in my last post at all, but thanks for the clarification. and no, i didn't mean his fox/falco, i meant the samus/link he sports every time he posts. too bad you didn't catch on... that was a great joke.

i don't really care about ****ting on hylian, he removed my permaban. as hylian would put it... i can't say i don't not dislike him.

oh, and here's another 'creative' site you should check out radium – http://www.boohbah.tv/zone.html
Oh lolol I guess I didn't, sorry then.

The Van Gogh reference was for everybody who didn't get it; it wasn't specifically for you and I should have made that distinction but laziness got the best of me so I apologize for it.

And I understand that you are saying that some creative things can be a bit out there and totally bazaar but I hope you are not comparing it with this site.

Also, how you know about that website is beyond me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

..Who are you? I stopped playing melee in 2008, the fact that you remember that is..scary? lol. Unless it was at some brawl tournament..because I play brawl lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
..Who are you? I stopped playing melee in 2008, the fact that you remember that is..scary? lol. Unless it was at some brawl tournament..because I play brawl lol.
I remember the details of my third Melee match in my first tournament, as well as that of several of my pools matches in MELEE-FC. Not difficult as long as you associate the match to a name.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lol i didnt know you could just go back to the normal revolution theme

i thought they removed that all together

this thread is useless

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
They added it back after people complained.
In this thread.

Herp derp.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like that we removed some usergroup colors to lower SWF's rainbow, then release the Skittle skin.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I remember the details of my third Melee match in my first tournament, as well as that of several of my pools matches in MELEE-FC. Not difficult as long as you associate the match to a name.
I remember my first tournament and everyone I played which was in 2003...because it was significant. I remember huge tournaments that I went to, but I've been going to tournaments since I was 14 and I'm 22 so forgive me if I don't remember some person I played randomly in those 8 years lol. I might remember if he told me who he was, because I'm pretty sure I've never played someone named frame perfect before.

BunBun

Smash Master
You played at HDR you liar!
RABBLERABBLERABBLE

BeeTeeDubz thanks for hosting that. Do it again.

NNID
Budget_Player
The reason we're still complaining is because, well, the default home skin of SWF has some serious issues, design-wise, and is kinda ugly. Remember, this is the side that we show to new visitors, and it no longer seems like a serious site.

The postbit icons are still moderately ugly and incredibly contrasted to the rest of the skin.
The forum/thread icons are still way too large, have way too much contrast, and don't have anything to do with smash.
The top banner is too large and way too far in contrast. Are things being done to remedy this?
Basically everything that Overswarm has said is 100% accurate.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think the default skin is becoming not the default any time soon, no.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The reason we're still complaining is because, well, the default home skin of SWF has some serious issues, design-wise, and is kinda ugly. Remember, this is the side that we show to new visitors, and it no longer seems like a serious site.
Wait, smash brothers is srs business? Why u hid improtunt ifnoz :glare:

On the brighter ( :awesome: ) side of things, I think the skin isn't ugly. It could use some more balance though on the colors, and the banner could be modified. Other than that, it isn't too bad.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So is there any reason why

The Shockwave Flash plug-in failed.
A restart of Opera is recommended.

Has started popping up since the new skin got implemented? I don't want to restart my browser every 5 minutes because of this skin :/

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Serious Question about the Livestream Box:

I just discovered this thread, this is a PM I sent to JV, I hope some more people will get on board.

I am a smash livestreamer, and I have been doing it for a couple months now every Thursday and some Friday and Saturdays.

I am super excited to see that you have a livestream section on the front page, I have been wanting one of those ever since I started. Having to spam random boards for 20 minutes in order to let people know gets very annoying both for myself and surely for others.

Anyway, I read your post about how you get your stream on the page, and it seems that you can only do it through the Tournament Calendar. This is great for tournament livestreams obviously, but I think it would be kindof weird for user streams to be posted there, as there are several streamers like myself that would probably be cluttering the thing with our weekly shows. So the question is, can we add a function for user streams that aren't tournaments? Perhaps it could work something like www.teamliquid.net where users have a method of signing in themselves and putting themselves on and offline. I'm no programmer so I don't know how it works.

Thanks for your help, I think if we could make this work that would be awesome. I'm tired of working out of this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299474 LOL

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Well technically we could make a list of Livestreams pretty much any way we wanted. I'm sure Bionic would be able to handle that easily. It's more-so just a question of if/how we want to present non-tournament streams really.

I'll bring it up with Bio and JV next time we go over things, it's definitely possible from a technically standpoint though, yes.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why should there be a disscussion about this new design again? I see everything fine from here.
If it's that bad it could be your computer. :/

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Well technically we could make a list of Livestreams pretty much any way we wanted. I'm sure Bionic would be able to handle that easily. It's more-so just a question of if/how we want to present non-tournament streams really.

I'll bring it up with Bio and JV next time we go over things, it's definitely possible from a technically standpoint though, yes.
Well sweet. Non-tournament streams have brought countless players into SC2 as you probably know. Streams have somewhat re-invigorated alot of Midwestern smashers and I hope you and Bionic and JV can make a front-page advertised livestream section a reality for the smash community (and regular smash streamers)!!

Top Bottom