• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/26 Gigabits Melee - Thank you Sir may I have another?

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't checked this thread for a while as indeed I have been very busy with other events.

We at Gigabits will be more then willing to hold a melee every couple of months or even monthly if enough people want it.

We will see how the tournament goes tomorrow.

As for the June brackets its odd that they have not been posted. I'm not sure what Cecil did with them so I will ask him about it.

derf

Smash Ace
whats the scoop with pools? i would prefer there not to be pools and was wondering if i could get any advanced word on whether or not youre having them

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
whats the scoop with pools? i would prefer there not to be pools and was wondering if i could get any advanced word on whether or not youre having them
It depends on how many people and consoles show up. But likely there will not be pools.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
there's gonna be 81 people here

might have to do pools....
Actually the more people the less likely it is that we will do pools because of how long it takes.

With 81 people we would probably use multiple brackets just like we did for the last could Brawl tournaments.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't checked this thread for a while as indeed I have been very busy with other events.

We at Gigabits will be more then willing to hold a melee every couple of months or even monthly if enough people want it.

We will see how the tournament goes tomorrow.

As for the June brackets its odd that they have not been posted. I'm not sure what Cecil did with them so I will ask him about it.
This is a particularly odd tournament to use for testing the waters of Melee. FAST1 was a week ago afterall.

Renth

Smash Hero
haha derf always hates pools =)

Also, ATL North is boring and the majority think I suck when I haven't seen/played any of them in what a year? lol, I haven't played like at all since i've been here.

So, I think i'm going to work on coming back to Florida. Asap

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Apollo is right.

This tournament won't be a good example of a normal Melee turnout because:

There could be a lot less people since it's the week after FAST1.

There could be a lot more people since M2K is going to be there.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Wow, good tourney. Plenty of setups (for once!). Too bad I got uber spanked cause I'm decent at best, sorry about teams Garb. Man I wish I was pro at melee like everyone else, it's just too fast and I can't combo well. If only it was slowed down and had no combos, kinda like...brawl =P

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Hbox won singles. Derf and exarch won doubles.

Small *** tourney. Meh, fun anyways. Blade Breakers is are too good. King Arther Supreme ftw.

Shoutouts
Garbanzo: Good stuff at this and taking a game off of us in doubles. Your getting better.
Laijin: DONT CHANGE TO ZELDA LAST MINUTE AGAIN OMG. we scrubed but we should have gotten higher.
Hbox: congrats on the win.
Derf: you'll win next time :D
Exarch: nice seeing and playing you guys.

Thats about it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
shoutouts:

HBox: YL vs Jigglypuff is fun right? Its not that bad. Just try playing me more and you'll get used to it.

Marin: I can sorta tell you were either frustrated or bored with our match, huh? I'm usually really bad against aggressive peaches(ex. Xif). So try to become a lot faster?

Cash: wtf happened in teams. That zelda thing did'nt cost us the set. :| You kinda died a lot when you picked Ganon on the last match.

Raggy: Good fox. You got better

n00b: Nice seeing you again. You got better too.

Derf: lol at your shield breaking. I'm gonna use that mindgame from now on(Thinking im
gonna spot dodge but instead I just u-smash repeatedly. lol).

Exarch: Your able to combo me out of my own bombs. Thats not fair.

Garbanzo and Glinder: Good stuff in teams. Your Yoshi is looking pretty good so far Glinder. Just remember to spam crouch cancelling and DJ cancelling for those invisi frames. Thats what gets me the most when I play Yoshi >__>

Zoro: I did'nt notice it till today. But you look a lot like RX and Reflex.

Otru: You can never quit melee. Its too much fun. You'll come back one day. Least when people say they quit they usually end up coming back eventually.

Raistlin: Good games :] You main Falco now?

M2K + South FL: Show up next time :[ I wanted to play you again M2K and Shiz.

Everyone else: GG.

Frames

DI
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but I was just wondering, if gigs makes melee tourneys a monthly thing, will they use the pre-brawl seed points for those tournaments, and then update them after each melee tournament? Seems like the obvious thing to do, but I was just wondering.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Garbanzo and Gindler- I know who you guys are now! Good friendlies, you guys arent scrub at all just some fine tunings. I want to get my *** handed to me in brawl.

Pat you keep messing up your edgehogs...gotta keep your controller away from me when youre edge hogging <3.
Jav, thanks for sticking with me in my MM prolly would have lost without the coinflip advice and support. I enjoyed your matches vs Exarch's samus.
Ares, toally woulda played you more if I didnt have to leave so early. See you more in fall weekends? BTW, fred and exarch really admire your attacks.
Gabriel- i wish i could give you hungrybox instead of playing him (third tourny in a row). good ****. graduate high school and come to UF.

C@sh- we had half a match LOL

NES noob- i thought you were black. im glad we had fun during our matches. marth is gay, gotta go falcon strong and nail spacies with that knee. ERMPH!

Laijin- cool beans. didnt know you played sheik, surprised me.

hungrybox, ate my fox.

hiro- I dunno what happened you didn't seem like you wanted to play. I want to play you when you're not distracted.

Rockcrock- byiad

derf exarch- fun car ride. I'll make sure to eat my breakfast earlier and hit an ATM without buying a camera.

Sheer- youre like a brother.

Otru- sick shines. i always rely on the invinci frames but youre balls confident on that timing bro. see you around dude.

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Marin: You ***** me, I told Noishe you were wondering where we were. If you wouldn't mind, tell Zoro Gigs has his copy of melee and is holding it for him.

Hungah: No more 3rd place jokes anymore >P

H1roshi: You ***** me SIDEWAYS.

Derf: Assist trophy in melee, awesome map use >P

Action B@stard: Going to sleep in a room of people with nothing to do and many things to stack on you is a bad idea >P

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Jav, thanks for sticking with me in my MM prolly would have lost without the coinflip advice and support. I enjoyed your matches vs Exarch's samus.
I'll give you all the advice you need as long as I get to see you ****.

I think results were
1st- Hungrybox
2nd- Fred
3rd- Exarch

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Action B@stard: Going to sleep in a room of people with nothing to do and many things to stack on you is a bad idea >P
Try my new john!

The "I-haven't-sleep-for-24-hours" johns <=P. Give me a break, I just came from P.R XD

and...I have no idea that my hat was a trashcan for like...donno o.o?

oh and congrats box for first.

second in teams so no johns there.

I also notice that there are no Johns in P.R. they just play and own XD.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, i let down hbox again in teams. we finished up with 2nd when i know first place was ours. And singles was a complete embarassment. I did so poorly, it was a joke. All my training went down the drain in singles. I had no accomplishments and got pretty much last place. I suck.

-hiro

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Yo I wanted to play singles but then Bo called me to see batman and I just couldnt say no to that since I still hadnt seen it... but good stuff, I played a few friendlies and they were mad fun!!! I love melee :)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Yo I wanted to play singles but then Bo called me to see batman and I just couldnt say no to that since I still hadnt seen it... but good stuff, I played a few friendlies and they were mad fun!!! I love melee :)
As awesome as Batman is... better than melee? I dunno.

This tournament was too pro, free Java Monsters from hotties for the win!

Top Bottom