• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/27/2009 GIGABITS - Freedom to Melee - FEATURING DASHIZWIZ AND LUCKY AND MANGOOOO!!!

Dop

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much what Shalom said, except I meant to say I focus on one letter a week, not a month.

I've gone through more dictionaries the past 3 years than my car has had oil changes. They just don't make em' like they used to.

The last dictionary I had, I toted around for more than a year, and was literally falling apart at the seams, unified only by scotch tape and rubber bands. Every section was highly detailed in notations.

One night leaving work, I forgot to leave the rubber band on and set the dictionary down on an outside table. A gust of wind dissected and dispersed every loose page, and then some, around the parking lot and into the streets adjacent.

Co-workers laughed.

And I was devastated.

-Kimo
****!
yo i gotta inquire more about this in person
also if you can bring any sort of physical product of this hobby of yours id greatly appreciate it. i am ultra down to see how this is done.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Word, even at tournaments I have my dictionary with me in my backpack, with a laptop that has literally *hundreds* of word definitions bookmarked from both Dictionary.com and Merriam-WebsterOnline.com.

Also, TheFreeDictionary.com allows you to create your own dictionary on their web page and even open it up in Excel spreadsheet format:

file:///Users/kimosabaegrant/Desktop/Picture%202.png

*edit*

How do I post a snapshot of a web page saved on my computer?

-Kye

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Nah, I just performed an immaculate Darth Vader impersonation, and named the book Padme post-mortem.

-Kimo
LOALOOLOLOLLOOLOLAOLAOLolol

**** man you got the funny gene sir xD

Ok ima start doin that, ive always wanted to articulate my thoughts better.

Frames

DI
Word, even at tournaments I have my dictionary with me in my backpack, with a laptop that has literally *hundreds* of word definitions bookmarked from both Dictionary.com and Merriam-WebsterOnline.com.

Also, TheFreeDictionary.com allows you to create your own dictionary on their web page and even open it up in Excel spreadsheet format:

file:///Users/kimosabaegrant/Desktop/Picture%202.png

*edit*

How do I post a snapshot of a web page saved on my computer?

-Kye
upload it to a photo site and then post it on smashboards, regular users cant add stuff like that only staff

황미영

Smash Champion
Right. But (to my untrained eye), they look very similar or have the concept.

I'm not an expert on Japanese, but I think it would be one Asianish writing, and then one with an alphabet like ours.
Actually no. Having an alphabet like ours means that it got romanized. And Japanese uses three; Katakana for foreign words, Kanji which is the Chinese characters for Japanese words, and Hiragana which is Japanese characters to make up Japanese words. I took Japanese I and II.

And honestly the best way to learn a language is to live in the country where it's spoken. That's how I learned English.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yep, see. I was pretty much wrong. xD I had the right idea though.

But not all of us have the luxury of living in another country to learn a language. =/ It's 'best' if your family is bilingual.

sushi-F13ND

Smash Cadet
gah. i need to save money for food.

and i'll try to come to this...
gawd how i love hit-stun.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
The power of the Shiz Brothers combined will unite to DESTROY THE COMPETITION FROM THE WEST COAST.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
bring Setups Or This Tourny Will Last Till 2am Which No One Wants Especially If Your Traveling Far!!! If Your Traveling Far And Not Bringing A Setup, You Have No Right To ***** About When The Tourny Ends!!!!

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Hey guys is it okay if I use Snake at this tournament?
Lol ether you will get owned by combos or be the best team mate ever that never dies and kills and stupid priority. I need a team mate for this and im actually picky with my partners lol. I'm going to go to hungrys to actually get better at melee now lol. Down smash for the win! =^-^=

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
kyon is a man. Melee all daylay.

Yo dudes we are going to run out of space, is anyone thinking of seriously setting up outside or finding a place close by to setup more cubes and melee?

Gigs is too small for more than 50/60 people.

Top Bottom