• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/27/2009 GIGABITS - Freedom to Melee - FEATURING DASHIZWIZ AND LUCKY AND MANGOOOO!!!

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Are you trying to intellectually castrate me? How may times must I acquiesce?
Merely making sure the point got across.

I get my reasoning skills from simply thinking about things all day, everyday, with few distractions in my life to interrupt me.

Bingo. Good ol' Florida education. Consumer Mathematics or GTFO.
Thinking all day everyday would make you very good at Math now.

And although everyone likes to bash FL education, mine has been/was very good; the HS I attended is going for it's 3rd straight Mu Alpha Theta (MATH) national title this year. I always see it as the good schools are really good but few and far between, the rest of the schools are pretty bad.

I'd seriously be very grateful. Don't go out of way, just let me know if you ever get around to it.

-Kimo
It'd be my pleasure; consider it done.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's me lol
wow now i dont hate you. U were coming off alittle...well whatever.

Oh the post u did after me saying stupid had hints of emotional bias so dont pretend, but its all good.

I cant see you talking like this. Ima stay thinking u are the happy man with natty in the fridge, hospitality a muck, making fun of josh, an complaining about tech xD.

Im better in person, im not good at writing intelligently, better verbally

PolMex23

Smash Champion
That, and I like to think reading dictionaries helped, as it forged in me a proper respect for language.

-Kimo
How did u go about doing this?

Any tips? Because few mortals are able to read through a standard dictionary an not die due to absolute distraction

shalom

Smash Journeyman
wow now i dont hate you. U were coming off alittle...well whatever.

Oh the post u did after me saying stupid had hints of emotional bias so dont pretend, but its all good.

I cant see you talking like this. Ima stay thinking u are the happy man with natty in the fridge, hospitality a muck, making fun of josh, an complaining about tech xD.

Im better in person, im not good at writing intelligently, better verbally
Lol yeah I'm much more chill in person but when topics like this get going I go into like serious mode (sorry for calling your statement stupid lol). I'm going to cali for a while, so I went get to chill with you if you come down for doodah's tourney, but if I'm back in time for gigs I'll see you there and I won't be drunk this time (maybe).

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
This isnt a ****ing IQ war.

It's god **** smash boards chill the **** out.
Hey, I'm entertained.

Finding such a volume of intellect to discuss with on a gaming forum is just unexpected. We could move to the gentlemen's club. But the spontaneity is part of the fun.

-blind

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Blindghost tell me you like Space Ghost Coast to Coast

That would be tight maybe we will party or somthin...get the honeys an make like bunnies baby

SynikaL

Smash Lord
How did u go about doing this?

Any tips? Because few mortals are able to read through a standard dictionary an not die due to absolute distraction
I rap lil' bit and write lyrics a lot, so I have a fondness for words. Not only is every new word I come across a flash-summation of a fresh concept -- I like the way a lot of words sound. I think of words or phrases that rhyme with the word or generally compliment it. I focus on one letter section a month and write notes around every word that attracts my interest and I carry it with me EVERYWHERE (my boss at my job gives me hell about it) for studying.

Reading the dictionary has helped my general thinking skills a ton.

-Kimo

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Actually if any thread is made I'd like to see Polmex expand on his ideas; I don't think I have a good enough grasp on them to comment yet and I'm confident there is much more discussion which could still develop off of that. Or he could just type up more about them in this thread and we'll continue the hijacking.

But the other topics of discussion appear to be settled at this point.

And discussions like this are part of what I enjoy about smashboards. If you ever need any reason to put faith in our generation, look at how our community interacts, from the forum to in person. The overwhelming majority in the community get along with the overwhelming majority, and yet we have so many types from so many walks of life. Look at the diversity in our forum, not just the people but the methods of thinking and approaches to living.

Among the things I've learned from playing smash is how to not be as cynical when thinking of the overall state of the world. Our generation? We'll do ok.

EDIT: I'm goin to sleep peace out

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Actually if any thread is made I'd like to see Polmex expand on his ideas; I don't think I have a good enough grasp on them to comment yet and I'm confident there is much more discussion which could still develop off of that. Or he could just type up more about them in this thread and we'll continue the hijacking.

But the other topics of discussion appear to be settled at this point.

And discussions like this are part of what I enjoy about smashboards. If you ever need any reason to put faith in our generation, look at how our community interacts, from the forum to in person. The overwhelming majority in the community get along with the overwhelming majority, and yet we have so many types from so many walks of life. Look at the diversity in our forum, not just the people but the methods of thinking and approaches to living.

Among the things I've learned from playing smash is how to not be as cynical when thinking of the overall state of the world. Our generation? We'll do ok.
Nah, we're fvcked.

-Kimo
Im lovin it. Kye are you being funny xD

Oh an ...ah i forgot your real name. But exarch,...

You just did something that few have ever done. realized there is something in my head that might spark intellectual interest xD. Im glad.

Last time this happened is when I made a fool of our classes Salutatorian(the runner up to Valedictorian???...)when i questioned his pathetic attempt to analyze why in Song of Solomon the daughter of Mason always named her lover by his last name...jeez, i tore his ******* apart in lament(idk if that is correct ...correct me with the proper word) terms.

Too tired to do so, but if u really want. I will open up an release my "lil theories of life" xD. and thoughts

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I rap lil' bit and write lyrics a lot, so I have a fondness for words. Not only is every new word I come across a flash-summation of a fresh concept -- I like the way a lot of words sound. I think of words or phrases that rhyme with the word or generally compliment it. I focus on one letter section a month and write notes around every word that attracts my interest and I carry it with me EVERYWHERE (my boss at my job gives me hell about it) for studying.

-Kimo
You've always been the type to randomly spew out like some sort of etymologist.

Dop

Smash Journeyman

-Kimo
what do you mean by one letter section?

shalom

Smash Journeyman
By one letter section I think he means he focuses on the words that begin with the letter a, b, c, d,e,....and so forth as sections individually. And mango said if he has $400 to spend after his trip to the east coast this week then he will come, but no promises unless ticket prices go down.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Pretty much what Shalom said, except I meant to say I focus on one letter a week, not a month.

I've gone through more dictionaries the past 3 years than my car has had oil changes. They just don't make em' like they used to.

The last dictionary I had, I toted around for more than a year, and was literally falling apart at the seams, unified only by scotch tape and rubber bands. Every section was highly detailed in notations.

One night leaving work, I forgot to leave the rubber band on and set the dictionary down on an outside table. A gust of wind dissected and dispersed every loose page, and then some, around the parking lot and into the streets adjacent.

Co-workers laughed.

And I was devastated.

-Kimo

Pi

Smash Hero
Pretty much what Shalom said, except I meant to say I focus on one letter a week, not a month.

I've gone through more dictionaries the past 3 years than my car has had oil changes. They just don't make em' like they used to.

The last dictionary I had, I toted around for more than a year, and was literally falling apart at the seams, unified only by scotch tape and rubber bands. Every section was highly detailed in notations.

One night leaving work, I forgot to leave the rubber band on and set the dictionary down on an outside table. A gust of wind dissected and dispersed every loose page, and then some, around the parking lot and into the streets adjacent.

Co-workers laughed.

And I was devastated.

-Kimo
Then you grew big and turned green
Brought your wrath down upon florida
Causing millions of dollars worth of property damage
Killing Many
They told us it was andrew
But it was synikal

PB&J

Smash Hero
i still think it is a dumb concept to say learning one language is easier than the other..i learned portugese first before spanish and think it is way easier and now im learning vietnamese and think most languges take effort to learn them making one not les easier or harder to learn but im not going to argue an opion because i think it is no facts that can prove any of our points....oh

mango-ur gay...i cant wait to see u at genesis to say it to ur face too

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
No, you money matched Ballistics (Derek) at my place and had a pretty close set with him lol Get it straight. lol
lol that's right. I was tired last night. For sure was ballistics. But yea, Polmex we played at UF after the Tally Tourney back in April-ish

Handorin

Smash Hero
i still think it is a dumb concept to say learning one language is easier than the other..i learned portugese first before spanish and think it is way easier and now im learning vietnamese and think most languges take effort to learn them making one not les easier or harder to learn but im not going to argue an opion because i think it is no facts that can prove any of our points....oh

mango-ur gay...i cant wait to see u at genesis to say it to ur face too
Language comes more naturally for some than others.

And the first language you learn isnt always the easiest.

Also, I would venture to say that for most people here, it is harder (or takes more effort at least) to learn something like Vietnamese, Japanese, or anything with a different alphabet than we have. Once you learn one of them, it should be easier.

Finch

Smash Lord
who's the girl? inquiring minds want to know!

edit - is it this caitlyn girl...if so that's ma boy!
haha I assume you deduced that from checking my facebook. No that's my best friend's girlfriend and we're bffs. This is a girl from work.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Also, I would venture to say that for most people here, it is harder (or takes more effort at least) to learn something like Vietnamese, Japanese, or anything with a different alphabet than we have. Once you learn one of them, it should be easier.
I thought most east-Asian languages had their own alphabets. And, if memory serves me right, Japanese has TWO written languages

Handorin

Smash Hero
I thought most east-Asian languages had their own alphabets. And, if memory serves me right, Japanese has TWO written languages
Right. But (to my untrained eye), they look very similar or have the concept.

I'm not an expert on Japanese, but I think it would be one Asianish writing, and then one with an alphabet like ours.

Top Bottom