• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda

For D3 "- Uair does not spike when the last hit does not connect anymore"

I take it this is referring to fast falling his U air and dragging the opponents down with him? Well, if it is, then it's still in. Did it repeatedly on randoms in For Glory.

"Can confirm 2% hits will reflect gordos." -Jabejazz

And this should be added to the OP. All Jabs and Charizard's Neutral B are now reflecting Gordos.

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
Can anyone list some notable Wario changes besides his aerial momentum and his grab release?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Would like to know what these were in 1.0.3 before adding to OP
These are the final notes so far, tested and confirmed.

NERFS:
* Toss Canceling has been completely removed.
* Hitstun can't be canceled anymore due to the removal of Toss Canceling (found by FSK).
* Fsmash 1st hit now doesn't kill unless it connects with the tip hitbox (My own findings in training on a CPU with up to 999% dmg).
* The rocket jump or boost jump has been changed. Now instead of launching into the air it makes you get on stage standing up with no lag (my own findings). Calling this ZLedge Boost.

BUFFS:
* Link's grab has been Fixed. Before the grab range was shorter than the visual representation of the Clawshot; now it seems to be the same (my own findings and confirmed by LordFluffy).
* Fsmash 1st & 2nd are a true combo up to 150% without any spacing required. Improved from v 1.0.3 where the second smash would whiff at 100% (My own findings).
* Fsmash 1st hit with tipper hitbox uncharged kills at 120% and fully charged at 90%, buffed from previous uncharged kill at 110% in v. 1.0.3 (My own findings from the middle of FD on Mario).

Hope this is enough? This is all that we have been able to confirm so far with the help of Thinkaman who confirmed that gale and grab speed hasn't been changed.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman

Hey can you verify that D Rush damage output has been nerfed from 15% to 11% so Samurai can add it to the OP?

That's the only change we're aware of at the moment.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
While I'm not sure what exactly was changed with Sheik's needles in 1.0.4, Kirby's needles are the same across versions. They both do 11%, have the same charging time, same endlag, and the same needle distance.

Last edited:
According to Aerodrome

Buster's "damage received" multiplier is now x1.13 down from x1.2

Basically, Shulk now only receives ~13% more damage in buster

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Lots of things being thrown around about Sonic. Usmash buff in KB, dash attack end lag greater (mostly perpetuated by me lol). I know @ Thinkaman Thinkaman was testing, anything actually confirmed for Sonic?

edit : seen the thing about usmash being dumb, disregard this part

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I just tested each of these, and found zero support for all of these. Every single one of these moves had the exact same behavior and timings on both games.
Could you please test the speed of Link's dash attack and dtilt? There are rumors of them being slightly faster. @ LordFluffy LordFluffy has already tested them and found that they are the same. I just want to double confirmation. Thanks.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Rosalina faster recall and shorter luma shot confirmed.
Could you please test the speed of Link's dash attack and dtilt? There are rumors of them being slightly faster. @ LordFluffy LordFluffy has already tested them and found that they are the same. I just want to double confirmation. Thanks.
I did those.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
If Dacus being removed has indeed been confirmed, it should probably be added to the OP. Thats a really big deal since it affects several characters.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
According to Aerodrome

Buster's "damage received" multiplier is now x1.13 down from x1.4

Confirmed. Same goes for Kirby - in 1.0.3, he took 30% from a Bob-omb, in 1.0.4, he takes 28%.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Rosalina grab cooldown increase CONFIRMED

Rosaline f-smash startup increase DECONFIRMED

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
How do you download the patch? I can't seem to do it

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
According to Aerodrome

Buster's "damage received" multiplier is now x1.13 down from x1.4

I hate to be that guy but, wasn't buster 20% more damage (X1.2) pre-patch, not 1.4?

Could've sworn 1.4 was the damage increase Shulk got (as in, he did 1.4X more damage), not him taking X1.4 more damage

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy but, wasn't buster 20% more damage (X1.2) pre-patch, not 1.4?

Could've sworn 1.4 was the damage increase Shulk got (as in, he did 1.4X more damage)
Whoops. My mistake. 1.4x was the multiplier for damage output

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Little Mac jab confirmed, doing KO punch next. I won't be test most % changes, they are easy to verify.

NairWizard

Somewhere
I'm sorry but may i ask what is cooldown?
The number of frames before you can take another action after the hitbox on the current one vanishes. So Ike uses f-smash then he has a cooldown period where there's no hitbox but he's not doing anything.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Oh, by the way, I have 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 right next to each other, similar to Thinkaman. It's how I managed to get the Kirby info so fast. I can help too, if it's needed.
Pac Man's tether grab speed/recovery - same or changed?

Falco dair speed - same or unchanged?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Man if Nintendo suddenly decides to release patch notes in a few days...

Anyways can you verify that Diddy's popgun cancel and Megaman's rush cancel are indeed gone.

Last edited:

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Can someone please check landing lag and cooldown on tilts for Jiggs? We only have been able to test damage, range, and knockback of moves. Everything looks the same but its worth a double check with the people with both versions in front of them.

NairWizard

Somewhere
Adding Palutena f-smash and f-air to list of possible changes, but only in terms of visual effect. Please let other change testing take priority.

Game And Guy

Smash Cadet
Again, can someone check the forever forgotten Game & Watch? Aside from the Thunder thing.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Pac Man's tether grab speed/recovery - same or changed?

Falco dair speed - same or unchanged?
Pac Man's grab is exactly the same across versions with the speed and recovery.

Falco's D-Air speed is the same.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mega Man lower cooldown after throwing leaf shield confirmed, pretty big difference side-by-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom