• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wii U got more 8-player stages, and I'm guessing some bugfixes.

3DS didn't get a patch and replays still work so there wouldn't be anything balance related in it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
JCDotFace just talked about future 3DS bugfixes (online ban length, amiibo support, replay/mii sharing) on MIOM, but I don't think anything's gonna touch balance.

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Oh man I thought something was feeling a bit different. Good to see that an in depth post was made about it! ^-^

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I'm guessing there's already been talk of how 1.0.6 is gonna be handled? Is there gonna be another thread, or is this gonna just be expanded to include 1.0.6 changes as well?

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
I personally think this thread should just be changed into a "Changelog" thread, denoting the specific changes inbetween each version.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Rather then this whole hullabaloo we had last time we should look at characters individually. Pit and Dark Pit already have their own topic.

But then again we already know the changes won't be anywhere near the level they were with the big SSBU patch. Pretty confident that there'll be like ten characters max with significant changes.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I'm guessing there's already been talk of how 1.0.6 is gonna be handled? Is there gonna be another thread, or is this gonna just be expanded to include 1.0.6 changes as well?
The Falco boards have a patch history thread which covers everything and is just expanded on whenever patches happen. The first post has a log to cover the changes from patch to patch. Funny how a dead board is really organized...

Everything will be tracked here and I don't think there needs to be a separate thread unless it's on a significant change to something like, somehow there's this insane engine overhaul which probably won't happen or the changes/removal of vectoring. Speaking of which, vaBengal said vectoring wasn't entirely removed, but I don't know how he tested it.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is there a reason the OP doesn't have certain changes that are listed on the wiki? http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4-3DS)/1.0.4_changelog Things like:
  • An additional hitbox, which does 2% damage, has been added to Up Smash.
which you can see in the Master Core change log comparison.
I never added that because it's literally a hitbox on top of another hitbox. The bone, and axis are the same, so I assume it's all in the same place.

I haven't updated this topic for a while, and considering Smash Wiki stole most of it from here, *shrug*

They even borrowed the the arrows that are used.

Also I'll probably make a new topic for 1.0.6.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I never added that because it's literally a hitbox on top of another hitbox. The bone, and axis are the same, so I assume it's all in the same place.

I haven't updated this topic for a while, and considering Smash Wiki stole most of it from here, *shrug*

They even borrowed the the arrows that are used.

Also I'll probably make a new topic for 1.0.6.
I know its not relevant, but that avatar is awesome :chuckle:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I still don't understand how DI works in this game -.-

From the (many) confusing posts I read, what I'm getting is

Vectoring Left/Right still works

Up/Down doesn't work.

So If I'm launched virtically I'm supposed to hold left/right, If I'm launched horizontally I'm supposed to hold left or Right? or perhaps, I'm supposed to hold Up/Down to change the angle like in Brawl?

My head hurts.

:006:

Last edited:

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
So the patch will be to be donwload before I can buy the miis dlc?? or I can buy the dlc then update??? BTW if somebdy wants to give me their mewtwo dlc code for 3ds I'll love you for ever!!!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I still don't understand how DI works in this game -.-

From the (many) confusing posts I read, what I'm getting is

Vectoring Left/Right still works

Up/Down doesn't work.

So If I'm launched virtically I'm supposed to hold left/right, If I'm launched horizontally I'm supposed to hold left or Right? or perhaps, I'm supposed to hold Up/Down to change the angle like in Brawl?

My head hurts.

I might be wrong here but I believe DI is like this.

Contrary to popular belief, we'll use Sonic's Bthrow for an example. People think DI'ing up will make them live longer, but it actually doesn't help at all.

The ez version is if you're launched up hold left or right
Launched Right, hold left.

Think of the center of a stage like a magnet for horizontal knockback moves, just try to hold your control stick towards where the center of the stage is.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Make sure you DI vertical moves correctly, Falcon Side B, ROB Uthrow etc will KO very fast if you hold the direction they are.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
I take it another thread with the aggregated changes will be posted in this subforum when the new patch drops? Just curious where I should look for updates.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I might be wrong here but I believe DI is like this.

Contrary to popular belief, we'll use Sonic's Bthrow for an example. People think DI'ing up will make them live longer, but it actually doesn't help at all.

The ez version is if you're launched up hold left or right
Launched Right, hold left.

Think of the center of a stage like a magnet for horizontal knockback moves, just try to hold your control stick towards where the center of the stage is.
Must...like...more than once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom