• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nice, thanks for picking up on that. I saw that Nair had been changed but couldn't see what exactly was changed.
Big mac
NAIR
SDI MULTIPLIER : 1.0× ⇒ 2.0×​

ADDED TO THE OP CAPS LOCK

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Probably to remind you that Greninja has other moves than just up smash and shadow sneak out of aerial lag.
Yes but he nerfed alot of other stuff. Including sheik. But man Usmash is soooo punishable now. I still hate all the shi.... dumb stuff hes doing.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yes but he nerfed alot of other stuff. Including sheik. But man Usmash is soooo punishable now. I still hate all the shi.... dumb stuff hes doing.
To be fair, usmash was so good previously that you could use that move only and probably still win. Very few smash attacks are combo STARTERS, which is exactly what it was.

Meanwhile Sheik getting 80% off with fairs alone was crazy and then killing people at 100% with floppy fish was absurd as well.

I honestly can't say I disagree with a lot of these nerfs, even though I play Rosalina who was probably hit the hardest.

Anyway this isn't the thread to talk about this. Take this to another thread imo.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
To be fair, usmash was so good previously that you could use that move only and probably still win. Very few smash attacks are combo STARTERS, which is exactly what it was.

Meanwhile Sheik getting 80% off with fairs alone was crazy and then killing people at 100% with floppy fish was absurd as well.

I honestly can't say I disagree with a lot of these nerfs, even though I play Rosalina who was probably hit the hardest.

Anyway this isn't the thread to talk about this. Take this to another thread imo.
Your basically telling me my character was op before the patch and then you tell me your main was Rosalina?!?! Pretty hypocritical if you ask me, but I will back down.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Your basically telling me my character was op before the patch and then you tell me your main was Rosalina?!?! Pretty hypocritical if you ask me, but I will back down.
... I literally just said I agreed with the nerfs that Rosalina got.
Is that enough to make this tactic escapable now?
Not really, that'll only be fixed once they remove the autolink angle from it.

Last edited:

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Warning Received
Link should have been nerfed more, nothing large, just an automatic 2 year ban for spamming Down, Neutral, and Side B.

... I literally just said I agreed with the nerfs that Rosalina got.

Not really, that'll only be fixed once they remove the autolink angle from it.
Ok then

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
I am also saddened by Greninja's nerfs... Upsmash probably deserved it, but with the increased lag and lower damage/knockback on aerials, I'm having a harder time taking stocks as Greninja... I hope Greninja's still viable...

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Leave Link alone...they already took away my z-drops...then they took away my toss cancelling...

Just leave him in peace.

xffixbmlx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xffixbmlx
3DS FC
2964-8809-3067
Is it me or is Little Mac's air dodge landing lag penalty significantly reduced? Or has it always been minimal penalty?...Or is it an illusion based on his landing animation?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
In case you didn't know Duck Hunt can now float with the duck!
What?

Is it me or is Little Mac's air dodge landing lag penalty significantly reduced? Or has it always been minimal penalty?...Or is it an illusion based on his landing animation?
IIRC He's the last one left with lower than 22 frame airdodge landing lag in the game. They normalized ZSS and WFT. He's always had that.

Koggy

Yoshi Adept
Yoshi in general stays untouched !
Rosaluma nerfs were warrented. Pikachu gets some needed help, and that's a lot of green for Shulk. I thought he was generally powerful already?

Also then DI is in...?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4gaw:
Judge 6 (subaction 22D) has two extra hitboxes added to it. I'm not sure how they impact the attack's overall size though, and with G&W being an annoying unlock I don't plan on unpatching to look into it.

:4greninja:
Shadow Sneak's flip kick's KBG increased 100→102 and the back kick's KBG increased 100→101. Rivaling Zelda's massive utilt buff here, folks.

:rosalina:
Luma usmash hitbox size increased 4→5.5, late hit damage increased 4%→5%

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
what subactions are the rosaluma and greninja changes in and what files?

Edit: I'm not touching Judge 6 because the subaction before it is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For Rosaluma, rosetta_tico subaction 01A.

For Greninja, gekkouga subactions 23A (flip kick) and 23E (back kick).

Verified both ingame.

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
Shadow Sneak's flip kick's KBG increased 100→102 and the back kick's KBG increased 100→101. Rivaling Zelda's massive utilt buff here, folks.
Idk if this is really a buff.

These numbers. They aren't nice and round. Wtf Sakurai, my OCD is kicking in.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
チコ can be romanized as either tiko or chiko, apparently.

But yes, those are Luma's attacks.

UltRiX

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, has anyone found these changes in the Wii U version? I think my Bowsercide still nabs me the win.

RWB

Smash Ace
チコ can be romanized as either tiko or chiko, apparently.
This is true, as Chiki was the name used for the Fire Emblem character Tiki in most fan translations(though actual merch related to the franchise said Tiki, even back then).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is true, as Chiki was the name used for the Fire Emblem character Tiki in most fan translations(though actual merch related to the franchise said Tiki, even back then).
Eh, translations issues. It's why the Quran is written as Coran, Koran, and Qu'ran or how there's Seamus, Shaymus, and Shamus; Sean and Shaun; or how Deus in Latin ended up as Dio in Italian and Dieu in French. Languages are tricky to say the least.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
So I see that we have generally completed the main list now. Good job everyone!

However, there's a few characters not listed under either the changelist or the "not changed" section. The two I noticed immediately were Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter. Are they also unchanged, or did they get some changes that we haven't been able to fully track down yet?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So I see that we have generally completed the main list now. Good job everyone!

However, there's a few characters not listed under either the changelist or the "not changed" section. The two I noticed immediately were Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter. Are they also unchanged, or did they get some changes that we haven't been able to fully track down yet?
Some changes were listed in Dantarion's stuff but we haven't made sense of them IIRC. Also, nobody seems to care about them.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Some changes were listed in Dantarion's stuff but we haven't made sense of them IIRC. Also, nobody seems to care about them.
I care!

Well, maybe not quite as much about Swordfighter, but Brawler is a cool character. If it wasn't for the fact that Miis are usually banned I'd probably make him my secondary.

Last edited:

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
The more I look at this, the more that is seems like this patch wasn't meant to affect balance across the cast so much as it was to affect balance within each character's move set so that there aren't any attacks that are obviously better than others. It will have global balance implications, but there don't seem to be a whole lot of universally buffed or nerfed characters like you would expect in a global balance patch.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I assumed this had been in the OP from the start of the thread and only now noticed it isn't.

- Fastfalling during Shadow Sneak's teleport/attack no longer possible.

Sounds like the fate of the Miis rests on your shoulders.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't think it's more of "don't care" about the Dantorin/thinkaman stuff. But it's more of nobody really understands it. I currently wish I understood the stuff, otherwise I have the pastebin of frame data and such in my favorites in case I feel like looking at it again despite not understanding it.

Last edited:

Mr G W

Smash Cadet
:4megaman: MEGA MAN
RUSH

BUGFIX : Grabbing Megaman after he uses up B now refreshes up B​

:4sonic: SONIC
SPRING

BUGFIX : Grabbing Sonic after he uses up B now refreshes his up B​

This fix also applies to Mr Game and Watch's up B.

Tested it before and after the patch.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I care!

Well, maybe not quite as much about Swordfighter, but Brawler is a cool character. If it wasn't for the fact that Miis are usually banned I'd probably make him my secondary.
brawler got a 3% buff to its final smash

also this is updated with based @ Lavani Lavani 's info

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I think that wins the Most Pointless Buff award. Like, even if Final Smashes mattered, +3% on one still won't.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Falco's dair having less startup still isn't noted in the OP.

Or was I completely suckered into perceiving something that wasn't changed at all?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco's dair having less startup still isn't noted in the OP.

Or was I completely suckered into perceiving something that wasn't changed at all?
I think it was confirmed a while back that nothing's changed and it's more or less a placebo. Or... *puts on tinfoil hat* people are ignoring the bread-bird as usual. IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST HIM! CALL TO AR- *gets dragged off and sedated again*

Bizzoula

Smash Rookie
Villager's Down-B Water Spray doesn't push back Sandbag anymore.
I haven't tested if it's been changed on anything else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom