• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbao

Smash Rookie
NNID
sebastian.bilbao
3DS FC
2122-6607-0665
I hope a nerf to flying man for the next update, please! xd.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
I don't see this on the OP, but.... Jigglypuff can not move from forward to back OR back to forward during an immediate D-air from a jump. Went back to my unpatched 3ds version and jigglypuff can move freely during a D-air from any height.

Basically Jiggs cant move freely from doing D-air.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Yesss Link's Fsmash1 knockback was further reduced!

Shulk got a huge buff though curious to see how much better he is.

D

Deleted member

Man I can't even try 1.0 since Wii U won't let you play a game without a update if it was previously installed on your Wii U even if you delete it and delete your internet settings, you can never play the game again without that latest update. On the contrary, for Smash Bros. launch I had the option to skip updating for the game.

Bummer.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Man I can't even try 1.0 since Wii U won't let you play a game without a update if it was previously installed on your Wii U even if you delete it and delete your internet settings, you can never play the game again without that latest update. On the contrary, for Smash Bros. launch I had the option to skip updating for the game.

Bummer.
Holy cow, Nintendo sure doesn't want us using old versions.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Bummer.
On the 3DS version, for some reason they would let you play but you can't use your save file and I think it plays a no-save game. But this also means no replays or snapshots are loaded, so... you can't rollback to play your old replays :/

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Golly.

Maybe you and I shouldn't play after all, lol.
Nothing against real link players who actually try to play smash and not just rely on zoning. So probably doesn't apply to you. Depends on your "play style"

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Nothing against real link players who actually try to play smash and not just rely on zoning. So probably doesn't apply to you. Depends on your "play style"
This makes no sense. You cannot have smash without zoning. Take away all the "zoning" playstyles, there will still be playstyles that are relatively more zoning than others. There will always be zoning. If there is attacking, there is zoning. In order for zoning not to be present you must make every single character's speed, attacks, move speed, movement options, etc., the same. To not zone means to limit yourself and play at a disadvantage. Play the game the way it is and to the highest potential, simple. Everything is fair game.

Last edited:

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
You forgot that Luigi's Bair now has lag on it. Before you could jump after Luigi's attack would(ve) made contact, now however, you cannot jump until his animation finishes and his legs are back under him.

Darches

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2105-9602-3489
I'm certain Link's reduced knockback is a buff, because you DON'T kill with untipped Fsmash1. The linked smash is now very useful.

(Today I killed a Shulk with a bomb XD)

Last edited:

romero01

Smash Rookie
Samus should have been modified completely in my opinion, she float to much and have a lot of lag doing aerial attacks like Fair or dair. And I have been played with her since the beginning of smash and change completely on each saga is really different.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
This makes no sense. You cannot have smash without zoning. Take away all the "zoning" playstyles, there will still be playstyles that are relatively more zoning than others. There will always be zoning. If there is attacking, there is zoning. In order for zoning not to be present you must make every single character's speed, attacks, move speed, movement options, etc., the same. To not zone means to limit yourself and play at a disadvantage. Play the game the way it is and to the highest potential, simple. Everything is fair game.
There is a different between regular zoning and only using your specials because you are not a very good smash player. It is a crutch for newcomers.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually, there isn't a difference. Zoning is zoning; either YOU beat it, or you don't. It's really that easy. The only "crutch" here is you leaning on your own self-appointed/self-inflicted limitations. Persevere and get better at defeating your mashing opponents.

Anyways, enough of this. The thread's for mechanics and questions, not for breaking down scrubby mindsets.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
I'm surprised this hasn't been corrected yet.

For Ness:
I'm 90% sure that the ending lag on PK Thunder was changed, not the ending lag on PKT2.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm surprised this hasn't been corrected yet.

For Ness:
I'm 90% sure that the ending lag on PK Thunder was changed, not the ending lag on PKT2.
Can confirm this, PKT end lag was increased 1.0.0>1.0.4 and PKT2 is unchanged.

Beard Hawk

Smash Apprentice
Samus can no longer upB out of shield. In 1.0.3 you could hold R and press up B during that to screw attack. Now, you have to let go of R before pressing upB.

I can't prove this next one as I only have 1.0.4 now, but it FEELS like a missed grab has more ending lag now.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Samus can no longer upB out of shield. In 1.0.3 you could hold R and press up B during that to screw attack. Now, you have to let go of R before pressing upB.

I can't prove this next one as I only have 1.0.4 now, but it FEELS like a missed grab has more ending lag now.
You turned off Tap Jump, everyone can UpB out of shield (except Yoshi in past games, but that's fixed now).
UpB out of shield is technically Shield -> Jump (cancels shield) -> UpB (cancels Jump), so with Tap Jump off you don't get the shield-cancelling jump

Beard Hawk

Smash Apprentice
You turned off Tap Jump, everyone can UpB out of shield (except Yoshi in past games, but that's fixed now).
UpB out of shield is technically Shield -> Jump (cancels shield) -> UpB (cancels Jump), so with Tap Jump off you don't get the shield-cancelling jump
Ahh, yes I did! If anyone still has the old version, could you look into missed grab lag?

LuigiPuff

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlexX17
Meh, I don't see any real differences. :/
I'm pretty good at the game.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys. I have a few things I would like to add but am not sure if they are correct and not just my eyes playing tricks on me

1. Toon Link- Air mobility increased slightly

2.Link- Ftilt comes out faster though might also be a little weaker

3. Ganondorf - Nair range reduce

Now, I am not sure if these are 100% true but if someone could test them to see if they are, I would most appreciate it, please?

Thanks

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
These two definitely aren't true

1 I'm less sure about but I highly doubt it
Ok, so 2 and 3 where my eyes playing tricks, thanks :).

But there something about Toon Link that has change. I just tell how I got to this statement.

Before yesterday, I hadn't even update My version of smash 3ds once (on online for me) and a little a while ago I was playing as little Mac when I notice that if (playing as Mac) you could short hop and just as you begin the hop, immediately air dodge and Mac would land without any lag. Now I wondered if this was Mac exclusive, do I tested it one all the other characters. When I finished, I found that these characters couldn't, do the trick

Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Fox, GW (I think) and Mega Man (this is just from memory)

Now I found that any heavy, fast falling or chacaters with short hops couldn't do the trick, but Toon Link doesn't fall under any of them. Now, after I updated smash bros, I tried yhem same thing again with Toon Link and found that he could do it. I also did a test on the DK stage (sorry, forgot the name) and from memory, Toon Link seem to go further than he did before I update the game.

Now, I have two theory's about all this,

1. An auto cancel window has been added to Toon Link's air dogge and he has had a a slight buff in horizontal air movement

2. My eyes are playing tricks and only his air dodge got buffed with any auto cancel window.

Sorry, I know it's a long story, but I thought I just tell it so you could understand why I orginally posted.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well, the story piqued my interest.

Top is 1.0.0, bottom is 1.0.4:

Looks like the airdodge has an earlier autocancel to me, but I'd be surprised if this were unique to Tink.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, the story piqued my interest.

Top is 1.0.0, bottom is 1.0.4:

Looks like the airdodge has an earlier autocancel to me, but I'd be surprised if this were unique to Tink.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
Yes, that is exactly what I did and I got the exact same results. Oh man, thanks for testing that and proving me right, thank you. Though it does beg the question, why can Toon Link do it now and not before? Hm.....

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Link gets landing lag from a full jump airdodge in 1.0.0 but not in 1.0.4

Greninja gets landing lag from an airdodge before the apex of his full jump in 1.0.0, but in 1.0.4 he doesn't get landing lag starting it at the apex.

Looks like 1.0.4 actually buffed airdodges universally with an earlier autocancel.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Link gets landing lag from a full jump airdodge in 1.0.0 but not in 1.0.4

Greninja gets landing lag from an airdodge before the apex of his full jump in 1.0.0, but in 1.0.4 he doesn't get landing lag starting it at the apex.

Looks like 1.0.4 actually buffed airdodges universally with an earlier autocancel.
Wait, Link doesn't get landing lag on a full hop anymore? Cool, cause in version 1.0.0, he was the only character that couldn't short hop or full hop air dodge without without land lag

Cool, I'll add this to the op later.
Nice. Um, is it alright if you add my and @ Lavani Lavani as credit for me discovering it and Lavani for confirming it. Or am I being greedy and selfish? If I am, never mind

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It would look messy if I added credit to every thing in the OP.

Do we really want to see my name next to 50% of the stuff in the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom