• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk fully charged Down Smash (up close) - 194->205

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Does Luma have greater knock back resistance? I fought Rosalina as Villager online and after taking significant damage Luma didn't get launched from my slingshot or at one point an umbrella.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Samus' jab is still garbage. Can't combo into itself except at mid percent. Then at high percent the first jab has way too much knockback.

why

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk Ftilt knockback (blade, up close) - 136->134 (slight debuff in knockback)

Last edited:

Judo777

Smash Master
The scrubbery level of these changes is so ridiculous. I feel like the nerf to bowsercide is the most irrefutable evidence possible. Evidence that strong may have been capable of banning MK in Brawl (probably not tho lets be real).

Yikarur

Smash Master
Dash attack has increased ending lag on it.
Also, Neutral-B takes longer to come out (the sound effect even plays later when done side-by-side)
D-Air has increased landing lag.

I'm very positive of those changes. If someone could get video evidence of them for confirmation, it'd be great.
I confirm this. It's a very very small increase in lag / start-up (on neutralB)

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
My side-by-side tests of Greninja (probably already known info, but whatever):

Greninja's Up-smash and Neutral-b shurikens (uncharged, partially charged, and fully charged) all have more ending lag.

His side-b has less ending lag however. So Greninja got 1 buff at least, hehe.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
@ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda

:rosalina:
  • Luma Shot goes roughly 2/3 the distance when uncharged. No change at max charge. Luma Warp and Power Luma Shot also unchanged AFAIK. (Direct comparison by myself between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4.)
  • Rosalina's up smash has different knockback, either less in general or simply at a different angle. Direct comparison done by @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , the post in question.
  • Nair has two hitboxes; the final one at the end of the arc did 10%, nerfed to 7%, but otherwise it did 6%, now nerfed to 5%. Knockback on nair was also reduced in general, although this could be construed as a buff since it allows for followups at low %.
  • Luma can attack while Rosalina is being pummeled, but it cannot attack while a throw animation is in progress. This includes command grabs like Kirby's Inhale and Captain Falcon's Falcon Dive. (If someone with 2 systems could test Bowser's Flying Press, Ganondorf's Flame Choke, and DK's cargo hold that would be swell.)
  • EDIT: Rosalina's dtilt no longer hits behind her. It's possible by tilting the stick diagonally down and back to have Luma dtilt in the opposite direction.

@#HBC | Bunzy
The thing with Luma glitching back to Rosalina on walled stages was known as of 1.0.3, that's not a new development.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk Utilt knockback 115->122 (this knockback buff should be good for early comboing)

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
First ever contemporary balance patch in Smash history. Pretty cool to experience.

Let's not whine or complain though. These are changes brought by the dev team continuing to work on balance and bugs for the Wii U version. Let's respect the update more than some of us are, yeah?

If the 3ds version didn't come out, and we just picked up the Wii U version on the 21st, then we wouldn't know any changes happened.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i played greninja for a bit and he feels exactly the same except i can't send people to the moon with hydro pump randomly and up smash isn't as ridiculously powerful. these moves are still good but don't completely destroy some characters like before. at mid percents you can even still follow up on up smashes with stuff like before.

he's still a great character just not abuseable and braindead like before.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
First ever contemporary balance patch in Smash history. Pretty cool to experience.

Let's not whine or complain though. These are changes brought by the dev team continuing to work on balance and bugs for the Wii U version. Let's respect the update more than some of us are, yeah?
Why do I get the impression that the same people complaining about patching in the Wii U final balance are the same people who complained that the 3DS version would "hold back" the Wii U one?

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk Dtilt knockback 105->112 (slight knockback buff)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nair has two hitboxes; the final one at the end of the arc did 10%, nerfed to 7%, but otherwise it did 6%, now nerfed to 5%. Knockback on nair was also nerfed in general.
I'd like to add that the knockback reduction is actually a buff - before, Rosalina didn't have a good aerial for setting up follow-ups or anything, as all of her other aerials have quite a bit of knockback. Now she has one that can create follow ups, such as SH N-air into dash attack (now works at higher percents compared to before).

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
It's kind of like being dropped out of a plane to be honest.

"Hey smash fans! 1.0.4 drops today! We changed almost everything, but we're not telling you what! Good luck!"

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

If the 3ds version didn't come out, and we just picked up the Wii U version on the 21st, then we wouldn't know any changes happened.
I highly doubt they'd notice the lag cancel item toss without our help.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045

Honestly the fact that there is even a balance patch at all is almost unbelievable coming from Nintendo. I want to thank whoever is in charge of the balance team. I want to thank them in person because I want to ask them nicely to release patch notes.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
Can someone check if all fast fall aerials being able to meteor/spike is gone? @ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda ? If this is the case, Sheik's chaingrab is gone, and so are other potential combos and grab setups.

I would but I'm at work :3

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
It's kind of like getting hit being dropped out of a plane to be honest.

"Hey smash fans! 1.0.4 drops today! We changed almost everything, but we're not telling you what! Good luck!"
I think it feels more like watching a pack of dogs see snow for the first time.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'd like to add that the knockback reduction is actually a buff - before, Rosalina didn't have a good aerial for setting up follow-ups or anything, as all of her other aerials have quite a bit of knockback. Now she has one that can create follow ups, such as SH N-air into dash attack (now works at higher percents compared to before).
True but in general one equates less knockback to a nerf. I'll reword it.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I'm pretty sure Dr. Mario's megavitamins have been buffed slighty.

I've been getting 4%, 5%, and 6% from them.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Can someone check if all fast fall aerials being able to meteor/spike is gone? ? If this is the case, Sheik's chaingrab is gone, and so are other potential combos and grab setups.

It's been removed.

EDIT : In the case of TripleD at least, Falco to some extent doesn't gimp as well because of the same change.

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Can someone check if all fast fall aerials being able to meteor/spike is gone? @ SamuraiPanda SamuraiPanda ? If this is the case, Sheik's chaingrab is gone, and so are other potential combos and grab setups.

I have been summoned!

Im at work too i only put things on the OP. Someone confirmed shiek cg still works iirc though.

Judo777

Smash Master

I can't respect a nerf to bowsercide..... i just can't...... its like the thing that 8 year old kids complain about.

It's like people complaining about yoshi facing the ledge and egg laying you in 64...... its the same thing.....

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk Bthrow knockback - 104->104
Fthrow - 98->99
DThrow - 111->112
Uthrow - 83->83

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True but in general one equates less knockback to a nerf. I'll reword it.
It's a theoretical nerf (in that something got lessened, in this case, the knockback), but it's a practical buff (in that it gives her utility she may not have had before - an aerial for creating follow-ups), is the best way I can put it.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice

I can say right now that palutena's Nair Fast fall spike is still in, from what i've heard from my friend shiek's Uair also retains this property

D

Deleted member

I'm at school and couldn't play the new patch yet, but if this ver is the same as Wii U, then
:4tlink:
- Item Cancelling removed. No more airdogde zair->bomb cancel :(
- Laggier grab. No longer 64 link grab, is now Brawl style grab. RIP :(

will check more when I get back from school

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I know some people said marth's d-throw was unchanged but I legit remember not being able to get grab combos off in training mode past around 40%. Now they register as combos till around 80% or more depending on the character.

IDK maybe I just sucked at the 3DS controls at the time so I underestimated the throw.

imabaer

Smash Rookie
I barely used it because it was horrible, but can anyone else test out Greninja's standard Down B? It seems like it comes out a bit faster now.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I can't respect a nerf to bowsercide..... i just can't...... its like the thing that 8 year old kids complain about.

It's like people complaining about yoshi facing the ledge and egg laying you in 64...... its the same thing.....
It's really not a big nerf. The only thing it does is makes it so you can't use it to win the match if you both have one stock. Have a stock lead? Still totally works.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I wouldn't call it a balance patch, more like a gameplay change patch. Whether it was intentional or not, Link and Toon Link are going to be much harder to win with. That seems like a decrease of balance to me, glitches or not, there has been moves that balance the game less by weakening characters who aren't that amazing. Same goes to bowser's nerf. It seems they did try to balance out the game by nerfing some of the better characters, but nerfing weaker characters just negates the balance the game would have benefited from.

It's really not a big nerf. The only thing it does is makes it so you can't use it to win the match if you both have one stock. Have a stock lead? Still totally works.
That is a huge nerf because having an instant kill at 0% (albiet situational) makes your character a lot better, and now it's taken away. Removing an instant kill option is a huge nerf. Before he could do it whether he had one or two stocks, now he can only do it with two stocks. By definition a nerf.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk Nair knockback - 95->103 (used while practically inside Mario)

Last edited:

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Some characters with high vertical recoveries can survive it. Notably Bowser himself with the proper custom UpB on some stages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom