• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
You wanted them to nerf a move that had people dropping out of it when it hit? Are you crazy?

Maybe we should make Bowser's FSmash have a tipper hitbox too while we're at it, that kills way too easy for a hard read!
I get what yoy are arguing, but the point is tha many chaacters have flimsy moves like this. Samus and other characters would've liked QOL changes like these and they need them more than an already powerful character like ZSS does.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I get what yoy are arguing, but the point is tha many chaacters have flimsy moves like this. Samus and other characters would've liked QOL changes like these and they need them more than an already powerful character like ZSS does.
My point is that no character deserves to not have consistency. I'm not arguing against the idea of letting more people have better everything, but saying they shouldn't for arbitrary reasons like being perceived as effective is silly. Believe me I'd love other hitbox fixes too but they're focusing on what's evidently apparent. And hell, it might not even be fixed, some dude earlier had no luck against Gekkouga/Frog.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I tried with Tap Jump on. Shouldn't make a difference; still could produce no DACUSs.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think making Zero Suit Samus consistent is better in the long run.

then it is easier to buff nerf accordingly when you know exactly how she is going to work.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I swear to God I'm going to flip a table up in here.

A running up-smash is not a Dash Attack Canceled Up-Smash.
I should have specified. I didn't mean to imply that a DACUS was equivalent to a running up smash at all. I just meant to say that running up smashes were still in but could not be performed with tap jump on. Since people also call running up smash DACUS, so did I.

Unless you lose all momentum from doing a running up smash now or something.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How many of these changes are real and how many are just character mains being delusional.

My question.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I tried with Tap Jump on. Shouldn't make a difference; still could produce no DACUSs.
Interesting, maybe it's straight up gone. I wonder why they wouldn't remove it for the first version, though, they had to know it existed since it was so prevalent in Brawl.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I just meant to say that running up smashes were still in but could not be performed with tap jump on.
This is not correct; you can still do them by simply pressing a jump button at the same time.

This is unchanged from 1.0.3.

samoht45

Smash Rookie
NNID
samoht45
Can anybody please confirm stuff for Olimar for me I beg of you. Only thing I know is 100% confirmed is pikmin latch damages change and well buffed for white one. But the other stuff like smash range I read some conflicting reports. Please halp

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I've figured it out! Giving Zero Suit Samus the top tier slot was Nintendo's way of trying to make up for Other M. I think that's only fair, thinking about it.

Now they just need to give Sonic some buffs to make up for Sonic Boom...

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm at work right now, but I'll see what I can find out later on tonight once I'm done. I work late until like 10pm, so it'll be a while. By then you guys may have already gotten everything figured out.

P.S. Sakurari. BandiNamco. Whoever patches this game. Please. I beg you. Release detailed patch notes of the changes. I'm not saying this just because I'm a competitive smasher; I'm saying this because almost every other company does this already <.<

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk's Bair got a buff in knockback. I did it in the same part of the Monado, Mario 150%, 131 -> 139

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
*sigh* I know people are saying this left and right but I really wish Nintendo would at least release patch notes. Is it really that hard to change something and then log that change and eventually put it together?

Anywho :4yoshi:got no changes from what it seems like (unless someone found something) so I'm pleased with that. All the Rosaluma nerfs seem reasonable enough but more might need to be done in the future (I doubt she's gonna leave top tier though so stay salty folks!)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Can anybody please confirm stuff for Olimar for me I beg of you. Only thing I know is 100% confirmed is pikmin latch damages change and well buffed for white one. But the other stuff like smash range I read some conflicting reports. Please halp
The f-smash ranges are definitely longer. Hilt confirmed as well.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Since people also call running up smash DACUS, so did I.
those people are wrong. snake in brawl doing a DACUS compared to just doing a dash up smash are two completely different things.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
1.Does your character use a sword?

N : Proceed to question 2

Y : Chances are your character is pretty good.

2. Is your character a ninja?

N : Your character is decent.

Y : ayy lmao

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
For all the people complaining about changes already...

Wait until you have experience playing the new patch before condemning or praising it. Many changes which seem great or terrible on paper may turn out quite differently in-game. I have already experienced this with my main.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
This is not correct; you can still do them by simply pressing a jump button at the same time.

This is unchanged from 1.0.3.
Well no, the fact that the jump cancel is required is clearly a change, because previously you just had to press up.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
any pit changes?
While I'm at work and can't offer any information, I'd like to put in a request for someone to take a look at R.O.B. and Pit. Not sure what I'm expecting from either, nor can I think of any necessary buffs/nerfs (except maybe a more reliable multi-hit AAA for Pit?), but it would be nice to know!
Pit himself remainins the same, however Fair spiking and Dthrow>UairFF>Dthrow combo should no longer work due to the change in multihit aerial mechanics. It should not effect him greatly otherwise, however.

Worth noting DP got a minor buff to his Ftilt and maybe his arrows.

- Dark Pit's F-Smash may be a bit stronger.
Should be the same.

Small change to Dark Pit. His side B Electroshock now does 11% damage instead of 13% damage. So it was just changed to match Pit's side B.
Freshness + it's hidden 0.5% made it appear to be more powerful in a normal match. It does 11.5% before and after the patch.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks to the people who put this list together! It must have taken quite a bit of time and effort, and it's out so fast too! <3

Judo777

Smash Master
And I'll be over here, dancing on the grave of yet another piece of jank.

I've spent the last six years doing stupid, unnecessarily difficult DACUS inputs on Jigglypuff. My fingers won't miss it.
Pff you jiggly puff players thinking your DACUS is hard.........

LOL I'm just messing with you btw.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
For all the people complaining about changes already...

Wait until you have experience playing the new patch before condemning or praising it. Many changes which seem great or terrible on paper may turn out quite differently in-game. I have already experienced this with my main.
People will always complain about balance patches to competitive games. ALWAYS. There are NO exceptions to this.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I've lurked (as usual) several hours on the patch related threads and made a lil patch note on Reddit, here's the quote:

Ike :
-Ike's Fair is significantly faster
-Looks like it can autocancel as well
-His Nair comes a bit quicker
-Jab looks fixed so all 3 attacks connect properly
-Ending lag on his Ftilt and Dtilt reduced
-Back air seems faster but I'm not sure at all
-Back air's damages increased by 1%
These Ike buffs are so sexy!!! <3 <3 <3

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Shulk's Up Smash knockback (all other variables controlled) 201->208 (another knockback buff!) (fully charged)

Last edited:
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It says this in the OP but if you are still confused

1. Turn off game
2. Remove SD card
3.Put in different SD card
4. Start game
5. Answer prompts, making sure to avoid updating the game
6. Game will create some garbage data but won't save anything
7. You are now playing 1.0.2.

If you want to know something about a character that isn't unlocked right away you will need to unlock them, but you will lose it once you turn the game off.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
Ike Dtilt now send upward instead of horizontally. Deal 1% more damage.

Ike jab move is now consistant and always follow each combo of the jab. Deal 11% damage.

Ike Fair is faster, SH Fair cancel faster because of that.

Nair as less knockback, seems like a nerf but it's actually a buff. It allow for better combo with other Nair or other moves.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Anywho :4yoshi:got no changes from what it seems like (unless someone found something) so I'm pleased with that. All the Rosaluma nerfs seem reasonable enough but more might need to be done in the future (I doubt she's gonna leave top tier though so stay salty folks!)
People are saying DA and Neutral B has more lag, along with Dair but feel like that one could be wrong.
We need more people doing video evidence to be honest.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
People are saying DA and Neutral B has more lag, along with Dair but feel like that one could be wrong.
We need more people doing video evidence to be honest.
Agreed. Video evidence would not only solve a ton of problems, but also answer a bunch of questions if they're in the OP

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
How many of these changes are real and how many are just character mains being delusional.

My question.
With Zard and Lucario, I'm not.

4% is easy and verifiable for Zard.

I don't believe for a second Lucario's UpB had this much landing lag before other Lucario's agree with me on this.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't believe for a second Lucario's UpB had this much landing lag before other Lucario's agree with me on this.
I don't even play Lucario and I agree with this. There's no way Lucario was ever this punishable landing on stage with upB before.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yoshi: More ending lag on pivot grab
Rosalina: Up B can now go straight up instead of forced at an angle, luma respawns in 12 secs
Little Mac: Aerial Side B covers less distance, jab does less damage
Metaknight: Nair is much improved, more like Brawl's nair
Sheik: Dthrow sends opponents further, less opportunity for follow up
Ness: Back throw was nerfed in strength
Bowser: Side B kills bowser first, opponents then have a chance to escape from the depths of the blast zone and recover
Ike: Faster fair with auto cancel point sooner
Kirby: Kirbycide kills kirby first

Turnip and toss cancelling were removed, Wectoring removed, Yoshi Teleport and egg glitches removed

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I'm here to confirm the claim that DACUS has indeed been removed. ;_;

I am in training mode with Bowser right now, on 1/4th speed inputting dash attack then immediately up-smashing. The dash attack seems to no longer be cancelable. Either that or my tech skill today is very bad, but that's very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom