• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Community Patch Notes v1.0.4 -- Engine Changes to DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Great, now :4zss: = :metaknight: instead of the :foxmelee: that she already was.

This is exactly like how PS All-Stars kept buffing Kat and Kratos and nerfing Jak and Sackboy.
Not...even...CLOSE.

Dude please no. Don't make me come over there. She literally just got consistent options. That's it.

Also her customs got...marginally better?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've lurked (as usual) several hours on the patch related threads and made a lil patch note on Reddit, here's the quote :

Stuff that looks untouched :
-Rolls (:/)
-Shields
-Sonic, Pit, Dark Pit, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Donkey Dong, Peach, Palutena (will edit later)

Bugs :
-Bomb canceling fixed
-Turnip canceling fixed
-Yoshi teleport fixed
-Wectoring fixed
-Greninja's Dair cancel fixed
-Hyper Rollout fixed
-Villager's rocket kill on the ledge fixed

Bowser :
-Bowsercide = Bowser dies first -Fsmash deals 2% less damages, meaning that Dedede/Ganondorf now have the most powerful Smash in the game.
-Down tilt's second hit is harder to connect

Rosalina :
-Luma timer increased to 13 seconds
-Nair deals less damage, less kb as well
-Neutral B's distance covered has been lowered (Which is, in fact, a buff, that **** was hard to land properly.)
-Luma comes back faster

Ness :
-Down Throw nerfed from 9% to 7% (;_;)
-It now does the correct amount of damages on G&W

Marth :
-Looks like his Dthrow/Fthrow give more followups. (**** yes)

Lucina :
-Looks like her Dthrow/Fthrow g-oh wait I just said that two lines ago

Ike :
-Ike's Fair is significantly faster
-Looks like it can autocancel as well
-His Nair comes a bit quicker
-Jab looks fixed so all 3 attacks connect properly
-Ending lag on his Ftilt and Dtilt reduced
-Back air seems faster but I'm not sure at all
-Back air's damages increased by 1%

Toon Link:
-Jab damages increased by 1%
-His Utilt still does 5% despite the fact it does 6 on Wii U

Shulk :
-All Shulk's moves but Backslash are buffed, most of them do more damages (Ranging from 1% to 3%)
-Speed's damage penalty lowered

Little Mac :
-Jab does less damages
-KO Punch got buffed, KOes earlier (Somebody on Smashboards calced : It used to ko Jigs at 19% with vectoring, now it kills at 13%)

Falco :
-Blaster comes out quicker
-Our prayers got answered ! Dair looks faster. (Not instant but still quite fast now.)

Sheik :
-Looks like needles now have some ending lag to em
-Down B has less knockback
-Uair has less knockback
-Fair deals less damages

Zero Suit Samus :
-Side B now connects properly
-Air Dodge's landing lag standardized to the usual 22 frames
-Neutral B has more ending lag
-Neutral B quick shot has less range

Greninja :
-More lag on Usmash

Olimar :
-Pikmin Toss does more damages

Pacman :
-Hydrant got sturdier to the point Pacman's back-air can't send it flying

Mr Game & Watch :
-Thunder no longer completely fills Oil Panic's bucket

King Dedede :
-Down Throw now sends upward
-Dededecide kills Dedede first now

Zelda :
-Up tilt does 1% more damage
-Looks like Din's Fire has less ending lag to it

Ganondorf :
-Looks like Nair has less lag

Megaman :
-Looks like Leaf Shield throws out faster

Meta Knight :
-Nair deals more damages
-Down B sends more horizontally, allowing for earlier KOs
-Fthrow damages fixed
-Bthrow has a tiny bit more knockback
-Rejoice ! Bair KOs about ~25% earlier ! MK has a ko move eveybody !

Kirby :
-Foot based attacks have a bigger hitbox, kind of like Yoshi's tail attacks.
-Kirbycide kills Kirby first
-Looks like he's faster
-Nair has more lag ?
-Uair faster
-Upsmash has a sourspot

Luigi :
-Fsmash deals more damages

Mario :
-Utilt deals less damages

Wii Fit Trainer :
-Looks like Nair deals less damages, need confirmation on that one
-Air Dodge's landing lag standardized to the usual 22 frames
-Uair deals more damages

Pikachu :
-More knockback on Fsmash, Side B and Down B

Wario :
-No longer has that troublesome release animation so some characters can't combo him as easily as before

Link :
-Fsmash's second hit connects more easily

I've verified most of the stuff in it, but there are some things I didn't check, so feel free to use it.

I'll check if Yoshi and Rob are changed, I'll keep you informed.
If it is ok I'm going to borrow this and add to it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Can someone test Peach's turnip pull to see if it comes out any faster?

Also, it looks like nobodies hitboxes were changed? Only % and knockback?

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Diddy seems unchanged from my experimentation. Yoshi nerf to dash attack seems to be real (as well as more lag on neutral b).

ZSS seems massively buffed in every way. Actual top tier now would be hilarious.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Just noticed something in those notes. Kirbycide always killed Kirby first. It's one of the stupidest changes in Smash 4.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Diddy seems unchanged from my experimentation. Yoshi nerf to dash attack seems to be real (as well as more lag on neutral b).

ZSS seems massively buffed in every way. Actual top tier now would be hilarious.
Paralyzer is clearly slower though. What's this dash attack nerf for Yoshi?

If Diddy is unchanged, he's probably #1 now.

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Some people claim that Rosa and Falcon jabs (2%) can now reflect gordos, ergo, its knockback resistance got lowered by an extra %. If anybody can confirm this, it'd be appreciated.

Why the **** would you nerf an already bad move. Might as well make Jet Hammer SD on block.

Last edited:

juice.Zucco

Smash Cadet
Just to add to the list, Megaman actually had the same grab release animation as Wario, but like Wario, it was patched out. Seemed like a lot of people didnt know about this.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I thought they were planning on updating Little Mac more than that. Giving him more to work with than the gimmick KO punch by nerfing that and giving him less stupid tools to use in response.

Still they fixed Falco's laser a bit according to the patch notes and that can ONLY be a good thing!

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Dashing Up-Smash is super easy to perform if you jump cancel, I have it set to jump, so I do dash > L + Usmash at the same time and it works 100 % of the time.
We aren't talking about running u-smashes, we are talking about DACUSs.

no, i'm very sure you could just dash then press up and A for a dash up smash in 1.0.3. it is not the same in this one.
I am absolutely 100% positive you could not. We had a huge debate talking about buffer states, and I spent the entire night in "frame advance" mode testing inputs.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Just to add to the list, Megaman actually had the same grab release animation as Wario, but like Wario, it was patched out. Seemed like a lot of people didnt know about this.
Nope; Ampharos and I tested every single one of them.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Never mind, I got it to work. It used to be where you press the shield button first to pivot grab, then you press A, but its vice versa. If you press the shield button first to pivot grab, your character will roll instead. Instead, its attack then shield.

This new patch definitely threw me off...

Last edited:

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet

I mean, she got more consistent, thats about it though. Alot of her stuff is QoL changes.

Kinda interested to hear more about the DACUS change (if it actually happened) because thats rather important.

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
We aren't talking about running u-smashes, we are talking about DACUSs
Since people were mixing both terms I assumed everyone was talking about dashes. Well, I can't test DACUS , I never even tried performing them on the 3DS.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Great, now :4zss: = :metaknight: instead of the :foxmelee: that she already was.

This is exactly like how PS All-Stars kept buffing Kat and Kratos and nerfing Jak and Sackboy.
Most of her customs have been buffed. Her moves in her vanilla setup is either fixed, buffed slightly or nerfed. I think you need to re-read the changes a little more before rambling inaccuracies.

Last edited:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Why? They were desperately needed. I was against him in Brawl, but even I can see he was way overnerfed for Smash 4.
I agree that he was somewhat overnerfed, but I didn't think he'd be buffed this much. I've been maining him for most of the 3ds release and still thought he was very viable.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Was it because people spammed Bowercides or is it because Koopa Klaw comes out faster than Flame Choke making it easy to spam? So, if people spammed Ganoncides, would a new patch just revert both to the originals of Bowser/Ganon killing themselves first?
It was idiotic and unwarranted either way.

Only the scrubbiest of scrubs ever died to Bowsercide. The victim can control the horizontal movement, meaning that it's now a liability for Bowser to use a move that already had a crappy hitbox as it was...

D

Deleted member

I tested TL's dair several times in vs mode before updating and it did 17%. I just tested it in vs mode again and am getting 16%, and other people are telling me they're getting 15% or 16%.
:170:

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS got some nerfs with her fixes.

She wasn't straight buffed.
To be honest, I'll take it the little nerfs in exchange for the hitbox fixes any day. ZSS was ridiculously inconsistent before. I hated landing fsmash only to have them just fall out of it.

And dsmash now is just bananas.

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, the giant Yoshi growing when swallowed in Multi-Man Smash glitch has been fixed.

Fredlepop

Smash Rookie
I've heard Ness' down throw has a higher knock back and its harder to combo into fair now. Can anyone confirm this?

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
I cannot confirm it on my own, but Ike's Aether Spike seems to have been amplified and made easier to do.

Umm... Using up-smash out of a dash is now impossible or very hard to do? :(

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Not...even...CLOSE.

Dude please no. Don't make me come over there. She literally just got consistent options. That's it.

Also her customs got...marginally better?
It's not QUITE at his level, true. But, it's also relative.

The other top characters (except Yoshi, who is still going to be a problem) have all gotten nerfed, so the distance between ZSS and the other characters HAS gotten wider.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It was idiotic and unwarranted either way.

Only the scrubbiest of scrubs ever died to Bowsercide. The victim can control the horizontal movement, meaning that it's now a liability for Bowser to use a move that already had a crappy hitbox as it was...
honestly that move was probably broken in casual play so i can see why he changed it.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It's not QUITE at his level, true. But, it's also relative.

The other top characters (except Yoshi, who is still going to be a problem) have all gotten nerfed, so the distance between ZSS and the other characters HAS gotten wider.
Her buffs are minor. ****ing read them holy ****. FSmash is a LITTLE (keyword: Little) safer. D-throw is at a slightly more favorable angle MAYBE, Fsmash hits CONSISTENTLY as opposed to badly, what the hell is the problem again?

I'm only going to say it once. Always read what has actually been buffed as opposed to flailing around like a sissy. None of those are major, not even the Side-B buff! A large majority of her "buffs" are purely making moves more consistent which is how they SHOULD be.

Last edited:

JoeInky

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JoeInky
3DS FC
4596-9442-7695
Falco's DAir does not come out faster at all, don't know how people are seeing that.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
Just played a few matches with Greninja. Here's what I noticed:

- U-Smash change is real.
- D-Air seems to have a tiny bit more endlag.
- Hydro Pump seems to go by quicker.
- I don't know exactly what, but something just feels different about his D-Smash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom