• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question - I made my own GFX and made a custom animation for it. However, it doesn't play. It's like the graphic is in T-stance or something. How do I make the animation play? Is it somehow related to that article animation stuff?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Unrelatedly, is there any easy to way to figure out how much damage effects knockback so I can change the damage of an attack but keep the knockback the same? Or am I going to have to just test different knockback values until I find some that fit?
I believe Amazing Ampharos once mentioned that knockback is essentially multiplied by damage. In other words, if you take a 10 damage attack, and reduce it to 9, you have effectively reduced the knockback to 9/10s the original. Similarly, if you reduced the 10 dmg attack to 5 dmg, you'd have to double the knockback values to keep it equal.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
That doesn't seem to make sense.
That seems like that would only be true at 0%.

knockback is calculated after damage.

For example, if an attack does 10 damage to someone at 90%, the knockback is calculated after the person is at 100.
If that attack is doubled in damage, the knockback would be applied at 110% damage, and the person would fly farther. Not two times farther though, AFAIK

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That doesn't seem to make sense.
That seems like that would only be true at 0%.

knockback is calculated after damage.

For example, if an attack does 10 damage to someone at 90%, the knockback is calculated after the person is at 100.
If that attack is doubled in damage, the knockback would be applied at 110% damage, and the person would fly farther. Not two times farther though, AFAIK
Huh. Well now I am super confused and unsure of how it is all calculated. Are you sure though? It sort of seems reasonable for a 10% attack to knock back twice as far if it was made to do 20%.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Er... This was supposed to go in the Big PSA List thread...

YES!!

I've finally managed to find a way to relate the event types to the generic module set that is used for each character during gameplay. This will help a lot in understanding some of the more unknown sections of PSA code.

Here it is. ^_^

Code:
# = the first two digits of the event id.

02 so Status Module
03 so Model Module
04 so Motion Module
05 so Posture Module
06 so Collision Attack Module
06 so Collision Hit Module
06 so Collision Shield Module
06 so Collision Shield Module
06 so Collision Catch Module
07 so Controller Module
08 so Ground Module
09 so Situation Moudle
0A so Sound Module
0B so Visibility Module
0C ft<charname>
0D so Anim Cmd Module
0E so Kinetic Module Generic
0F so Link Module
10 so Generate Article Manage Module
11 so Effect Module
12 so Work Manage Module
13 so Combo Module
14 ft Area Module
17 so Physics Module
18 so Slope Module
1A so Camera Module
1B
1C ft Stop Module
1D so Shake Module
1E so Damage Module
1F so Item Manage Module
20 so Turn Module
21 so Color Blend Module
22 so Team Module
23 so Slow Module
64 ft Cancel Module
Take note that these are only the modules that Mario has at his disposal - I've noticed that some characters lack certain modules that other characters have (e.g. Sword slash effects) so the blank spaces still need to be filled.

Take special note of 0C which is ft<charname>. This one directly links into the character's .rel file for any unique events to that character only.

Not only does this help us understand the events better, but it should also be helpful for figuring out other exploits to use in PSA for various effects.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I really need you help guys D:

2 things.

1. I have made a hitbox on my dash attack, it has 600000 large hitbox, the bone is 0. 0 on everything and the hiteffect is C (stun)
but it does not hit the opponent then I tried. no matter what I change on, I still don't hit the opponent
what is the problem?
2. a dumb question xD where can I change yoshi's egg graphics and remove them on his egg roll (special B) attack?

Eldiran

Smash Lord

2 things.

1. I have made a hitbox on my dash attack, it has 600000 large hitbox, the bone is 0. 0 on everything and the hiteffect is C (stun)
but it does not hit the opponent then I tried. no matter what I change on, I still don't hit the opponent
what is the problem?
2. a dumb question xD where can I change yoshi's egg graphics and remove them on his egg roll (special B) attack?
1. You probably need a non-zero value for either damage or knockback. Also, make sure you have a proper flag -- try copying on directly from a pre-existing hitbox. You should scale your hitbox down to a reasonable size as well.
2. I don't know <.<

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It needs to do damage or else it is a windbox
and it needs knockback in some way, shape, or form for it to work, setting it to 1 would probably be a good idea

Veril

Frame Savant
You're probably just going to have to fiddle with damage/knockback. Obviously, more damage = more knockback, even if you have the same values.
keep in mind that knockback growth scales with damage and is character specific. Base knockback appears to be largely if not entirely unaffected by kbd, so altering damage will have a different effect based on the ratio of kbg to bkb.

MaxThunder

PM Support

2 things.

what is the problem?
1. what eldiran said...

2. in the GFX event list of the subactions 1D5, the "SpecialSLoop", and 1D8, the SpecialAirSLoop... remove the external graphic effect...

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Um, I have a couple of questions...actually three.
1) How do you recognize a "helpless state" tag?
2)How can you remove it?
3) How can lengthen/shorten move lag? (Like making a slower smash attack faster or vice-versa)

I'm trying to learn this so that me and my friends can make some cool PSAs if we ever come up with ideas and I'm learning it through creating a broken Ike (yeah, simple, I know, but I can make better things when I have a stronger grasp on this kind of hacking). Thanks =)

Plu-e

Smash Cadet
Hey, this probably isn't the appropriate place to post this; I apologize.

All I want is to just get these new, crazy, PSA Brawl Characters.

But, I don't want to make them or anything, I just want to be able to use them.

I'm not entirely sure how all this downloading works, but if someone could direct me or just explain here, what to do to get these characters on my wii, I'd appreciate it.

*I'm aware not all the characters are in bug-free.
*Could also someone explain/direct me to a link or something explaining the dangers to my wii this may or may not inflict.

Uhm...please?....thanks? @_@

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I have a "beginner's guide to PSA" I'll just kinda post and see what happens.
Oh, that would be awesome, because most of this PSA hacking is confusing to learn and this guide isn't doing a lot of explaining on thing. xP Please post this soon. =D

MaxThunder

PM Support
Hey, this probably isn't the appropriate place to post this; I apologize.

All I want is to just get these new, crazy, PSA Brawl Characters.

But, I don't want to make them or anything, I just want to be able to use them.

I'm not entirely sure how all this downloading works, but if someone could direct me or just explain here, what to do to get these characters on my wii, I'd appreciate it.

*I'm aware not all the characters are in bug-free.
*Could also someone explain/direct me to a link or something explaining the dangers to my wii this may or may not inflict.

Uhm...please?....thanks? @_@
psa characters does not harm your wii... they might make it crash, but thats only if the wii dont find the required files the rigt place... and that means there is something wrong with the file you're replacing... as for using them... there should be a thread stickyed saying something like "textures now possible without iso hacking" or something... all you need to know is explained there... cause using psa characters is just like using textures...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Trying to find out how the game finds the nearest enemy in Sonic's neutral B. Found a bit of Change Actions, maybe with a requirement of Nearest Enemy or so? Would these be what I need to test?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
what is a way that i can say...like...

---
If: "my attack hits the enemy"
Then: blah blah blah
---

what would i do for the If?

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Requirement 0B
- hit with hitbox

This also triggers on inanimate hittable objects.
thats what i thought, i looked at the falcon Yesz knee .pac but it doesnt seem to work for me :\

I'll try again. xD i guess i did somthing wrong...
maybe it had to do with timers.

EDIT: might as well make this post more usefull..
is it possible to attach external gfx to a character that doesnt normally posess it?
kinda like taking gannon's...."dark aura" gfx taht envelopes his body in some kind of dark purple flame,
and putting it and its files into Xcharacter's .pac so it can read them and use them without the other character having to be on the field.

if...any of that made sence, it would be usefull to know

MaxThunder

PM Support
thats what i thought, i looked at the falcon Yesz knee .pac but it doesnt seem to work for me :\

I'll try again. xD i guess i did somthing wrong...
maybe it had to do with timers.

EDIT: might as well make this post more usefull..
is it possible to attach external gfx to a character that doesnt normally posess it?
kinda like taking gannon's...."dark aura" gfx taht envelopes his body in some kind of dark purple flame,
and putting it and its files into Xcharacter's .pac so it can read them and use them without the other character having to be on the field.

if...any of that made sence, it would be usefull to know
that should be possible... but not just with replacing the moveset file... i think the external gfx's is in the motion.pac... or something... if you know what file it is in, i think you can use brawlbox to swap it with with another character's gfx... and then just try calling that in psa... i think...

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Swapping external GFX is very possible! (I would know because I've seen and done it.)

You just go into their FitChar.pac and take whatever ModelData you want, and then replace it using BrawlBox. When using PSA to call it up, just call it up like a normal external graphic. If you don't know what the ID and the GFX are, just go over to the OP of the PSA List Thread.

Some of the file ID's are missing, though. Just look at other subactions and see what file they refer to.

You don't even need to limit yourself to characters. Feel free to take some from Pokemon or final smashes or assist trophies or whatever.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
I need some help!
I'm very new with PSA in terms of editing moves, etc.
Although I have made myself very familiar with the program and even edited some sound effects.

Anywhooo, I need help finding certain bone/id's on a Red Alloy.
I have no idea how to find them since I can't locate these numbers in BrawlBox.

HALP!!

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Anyone know what the different parameters are for a catch collision? Like is one of them grab range? And for throw attack collision. I see what looks like could potentially be damage, angle, BKB, KBG....but I'm not sure. I'll test some of them. However I'm still a bit confused. I'm looking at Falcon's bthrow specifically, and there are 2 throw attack collision commands, and I can't figure out what they are for. I'd like to add some KGB onto it, but I'm not sure how it works exactly.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Anyone know subactions will cause a running grab to freeze with the sword glow event 11031400?

I have no events on any Catch actions, and any "handgrip" or anything with you holding anything.
I've only got the event active in stand stills, motions and attacks.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I need some help!
I'm very new with PSA in terms of editing moves, etc.
Although I have made myself very familiar with the program and even edited some sound effects.

Anywhooo, I need help finding certain bone/id's on a Red Alloy.
I have no idea how to find them since I can't locate these numbers in BrawlBox.

HALP!!
Go into BrawlBox and look at the model for the character. Expand it and when you click on each bone, it'll say BoneIndex somewhere on the right side. That's what you put in PSA, but remember that the bone index is decimal and PSA uses hex, so convert first.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Is there a requierement for being hit? I tried 1C as said in the Bir PSA List, but it didn't work, so I guess I misunderstood what it does.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Soooooo I'm back and pestering about stuff on Peachs Turnips <3

I had a check through the Big PSA List and found what I was looking for

000A0400
Requirement
The form of requirement used in evaluation of the event.
Variable
The first variable in the comparison requirement.
Comparison Method
The method used to compare the two variables. From 0 to 5: <, <=, =, !=, >=, >
Variable
The second variable in the comparison requirement.

This is essentially the information you find when clicking on Modify when on the If Compare: RA-Basic[2] <= 71581.79 in Peach's Sub Routine 15E08

I still don't understand the variables contain though. This is what the PSA says

Requirement
Type: Requirement
Requirement: Compare

Variable:
Type: Variable
Memory type: Random Access
Type: Basic
Variable #: 2

Comparrison Method:
Type: Value
Value: 00000001 (I assume this is the <= part?)

Variable:
Type: Scalar
Value: 71581.79

I would really appreciate if someone explained to me what all these pieces mean, I don't have a clue. What is the requirement comparing? What does a scalar value of 71581.79 mean? Stuff like this. If someone could take their time to explain it to me I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
How do you make it so an attack instantly drops you to the ground? I want to make Lucas when he does his down in the air to just drop down? I found something that says "air to ground state" but idk what verriable to use to make him on the ground?

Edit: Nevermind I found it it was just 1 lol

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Anyone know why Marth's sword disappears permanently when you use his side B with the sword glow event 11031400 active?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Your version of PSA is reporting a negative number incorrectly.
Yea, someone told me that v1.3 doesn't report negative numbers right. 0.2.1 apparantly has the value as -1

But what does all the rest mean then? And is this in any shape or form abusable ;)

Edit: Actually, I think this the picture of her Sub Routine, this should help

Can anyone figure that out?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ah, I found that yesterday. Something somewhere else seems to be adding or subtracting from RA-Basic[2]. It's basically saying if the number that it's set to is -1, spawn a turnip, otherwise spawn an item

Top Bottom