• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
If you just Change Action to Fall, you'll be able to use Up-B again.

You'll need to set a variable (preferably something like LA-Bit[100]) and then check to see if it's true in the action. Also, the subaction should set the variable to false at the end.

Don't look at Sonic's or Snake's. They use LA-Bit[69], which freezes for most characters.

I need help with personal GFX. I replaced Lucas' PSI Magnet GFX with Togepi's ice pillar thing, texture and the entire ModelData, and I made sure everything was renamed correctly and the texture is in the same format as it was in the ef_pokemon. However, I went and made a custom animation wuth BrawlBox 0.60c, the same way you would make an animation for a normal person. In the game, there's just a sparkle thing instead of the GFX appearing. Why?

Is the ID for Lucas' PSI Magnet GFX file 1B, graphic F? When I look into the original .pac, not every personal GFX shows up, like the hexagons. Only 6 show up. Why? (A similar problem applies to the rest of everyone's .pacs, too)

Another question: Is there a way to swap sound effects with someone else or make yours louder?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Change subaction will freeze or act weirdly if the animation is supposed to move or if you're not supposed to be able to upB or double jump or w/e out of it.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Change subaction will freeze or act weirdly if the animation is supposed to move or if you're not supposed to be able to upB or double jump or w/e out of it.
Sometimes when I use Change Action, I end up floating above the ground and locked in an animation loop, and the only way to get out of it is dying. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the subaction because there's no GFX or SFX or hitboxes or anything, so I don't know what's wrong.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
It's 04070100 set to scalar. 1 = 100%, 2 = 200%, etc.

As for attack frame data, that's all in the timers. Asynchronous counts from the beginning, Synchronous counts from the last timer.
Oh that makes sense, I can't believe I missed that one. but I thought synchronous timers counted down from the last line in the command?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Terminate Collisions = Terminate Hitboxes
Allow Interrupt = IASA

Synchronous Timer = Wait this many frames after the last timer found
Asynchronous Timer = Wait this many from the beginning of the animation

Everything that is together without a timer between them happens on the same frame.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Yeah I knew that, I just had a bit of a metal lapse there. I'm having one issue though...do synchronous timers count from the last timer whatever it was, or only a specific type (like another synchronous or an asynchronous)? Because looking at PSA, it seems like the hitbubbles in Meta Knights uptilt stay out longer than they actually do. Timer counts 6 frams, hitbubbles start, then it looks like they are out for like 12 frames. It looks like this (AS and S are timers...I trust you can figure out which)

AS 6
Hit
AS7 (1 frame)
Hit
S 5 (5 frames)
Hit
S 6 (6 frames)
Terminate

1+5+6 = 12

Of course I'm probably counting it wrong, I'm still really new to this and trying to figure it out without really knowing anything, but that just seems odd to me. Also since there is no "allow interupt" command, so does that mean that he can take another action immediately after the hitbox ends?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If there is no allow interrupt, that means you can move as soon as the animation is over.

The hitboxes come out on frame 8, 14, and 21.

Thats a total of 14 frames with hitboxes out.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
0 is standing like normal and E is fall, right? If so, I can't tell what's wrong. Is it because I used the first Change Action?

Mine looks like: Change Action: 0-0, 0-0, 6-3.

Also, could it be because I put Additional Requirement: Animation End after it?

Is that right? (For standing on the ground)

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
If there is no allow interrupt, that means you can move as soon as the animation is over.

The hitboxes come out on frame 8, 14, and 21.

Thats a total of 14 frames with hitboxes out.
And is there any way to find out when the animation ends? Also just curious how you got those numbers for the hitboxes. And another thing...what are with some of the offset values? Like MKs Dsmash for example. The longest-reaching hitbox of the first hit is offset 20...but the second is offset 71576.79. Wouldn't that, like, be off the stage?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
And is there any way to find out when the animation ends? Also just curious how you got those numbers for the hitboxes.
Animation end would be a job for Brawlbox (and this is a PSA thread, so I'd recommend going to the BrawlBox topic :p).

And the numbers, again, go back to the timers. The timers tell the game "wait this long, then on the frame after, do this:".

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Like MKs Dsmash for example. The longest-reaching hitbox of the first hit is offset 20...but the second is offset 71576.79. Wouldn't that, like, be off the stage?
Don't use version 1.3 of Brawlbox. Use v0.2.1 instead.

Download here.

1.3 screws up negative numbers, and occasionally the entire .pac.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Don't use version 1.3 of Brawlbox. Use v0.2.1 instead.

Download here.

1.3 screws up negative numbers, and occasionally the entire .pac.
Ah ok thanks. And does it let you edit DeDeDe and PT?

"And the numbers, again, go back to the timers. The timers tell the game "wait this long, then on the frame after, do this:"

But theoretically couldn't you find out how many frames an attack hits for by the gaps in the timers?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ah ok thanks. And does it let you edit DeDeDe and PT?

"And the numbers, again, go back to the timers. The timers tell the game "wait this long, then on the frame after, do this:"

But theoretically couldn't you find out how many frames an attack hits for by the gaps in the timers?
The gaps in the timers have NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. Everything between timers happens on the same frame.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: What has priority, the pac file or codes?

Let's say I change Mario pac file so his FSmash does 10%. Then I use a code that makes it do 15%. How much damage will it do? Which alteration has priority?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
i think he means that if you have a hitbox, and some timers and a terminate collisions, you could do maths for frame data.

o;
Exactly. How can you say that timers have nothing to do with hitboxes when you have something like this:

Timer for X frames
Hit
Timer for Y frames
Terminate collisions

So that doesn't mean that the hitbox stays out for "Y" frames (or if in the case where both timers are asychronous, Y-X frames). I mean the timers control when the hitboxes start and terminate. They have everything to do with everything. Nothing synchs up without timers.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
can someone find a way to spawn a soccer ball item infront of your character (similar to in training mode). i cant find out how since its not a holdable item.

Kanadorf

Smash Rookie
Can someone make Captain Falcon with always hitting the best knee? And please lower the power a bit.
Thank you. D:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Exactly. How can you say that timers have nothing to do with hitboxes when you have something like this:

Timer for X frames
Hit
Timer for Y frames
Terminate collisions

So that doesn't mean that the hitbox stays out for "Y" frames (or if in the case where both timers are asychronous, Y-X frames). I mean the timers control when the hitboxes start and terminate. They have everything to do with everything. Nothing synchs up without timers.
aha, so now you get it. You're welcome :p

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
is it possibly to make Yoshi's B attack into a fireball spitting like in his final smash?
I am new with PSA but can create new attack except on B special and finalsmash.
How should I start?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Does vertical jump velocity have anything to do with jump height? I'd like to up the upward and downward air speed of all the characters, but not if it will effect their jump height.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Vertical jump velocity IS jump height (well, it forces itself against gravity but that's another story)

MaxThunder

PM Support
it is possible to remove the egg graphics on yoshi's egg roll without freeze?
I want yoshi to roll on the ground without the egg
does it really freeze if you just remove the whole graphic line?... doesnt sound likely... but did you try that and i froze?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Vertical jump velocity IS jump height (well, it forces itself against gravity but that's another story)
I figured as much. Is there any way to change vertical velocity without having to increase gravity too? Because that could have some unwanted effects... I just hate how long it takes characters to reach the apex of their jump, and would generally like to increase overall game speed a bit.

Unrelatedly, is there any easy to way to figure out how much damage effects knockback so I can change the damage of an attack but keep the knockback the same? Or am I going to have to just test different knockback values until I find some that fit?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're probably just going to have to fiddle with damage/knockback. Obviously, more damage = more knockback, even if you have the same values.

Top Bottom