• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sparkswordkirby

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I need to know a few quick things for my kirby hack........

Whats the code for super armor? I need it for his defensive ice form(yeah its gonna be a multi form hack like zerowolf or wisp...).

Whats the code to control animation speed? I'm going to use kirbys basic throw animation,but its way too fast for the type of move i want it to do.

And lastly, I have a big idea on how to change up kirbys final smash but i need some assistance on how. If someone has an aim or something and knows how to edit final smashe's please help me:p

Thanks if anyone helps:p

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Check the PSA List Thread for tons of useful codes (including the super armor code, the frame speed modifier, and more).

There should be a tutorial on editing final smashes somewhere on Kitty Corp... but it's hard to find. Search "final smash" or something.

I'm not going to tell you what it is so you can go and discover it (and the thread) for yourself, as well as see some of the other codes there.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think that weight only changes the effect of KBG on the character, not BKB. Just for lulz, I set Bowser to have a weight of 1500, but a move I have on my moveset sent him into the air almost the same distance. (The move had rather high BKB, but practically no KBG.) On contrast, a move with very low BKB but high KBG (a move like Falcon Punch, which actually has very low BKB, believe it or not) barely made him flinch, when it would normally send characters flying even from 0% due to how much damage it does.

If this is already know, feel free to flame me.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Ok, since I don't ever see any updates on any guides, I would appreciate if someone could explain this to me;

1)How can I lengthen or shorten attack lag (like make a slow smash faster or slow special faster and vice-versa)

2)Is it possible to increase the length of say a how far a (tether) recovery can reach?

3)How can I remove helpless state...or add it if need be?

Please answer me, thank you. ^_^

((Sorry for the color, I just want this post to get attention))

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
1. Use the frame speed modifier. It speeds up or slows down an animation. Its in the Big PSA List.

2. Dunno

3. Change the action to a normal fall at the end of the attack if you want to remove it. Change it to helpless fall to add it. The action list is in the Big PSA List.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Thank you =) I'll check it out. ^^
So you don't have to go searching through everything (dunno about you, but I absolutely hate having to):
Speed mod = 04070100, put parameter 0 in scalar
Helpless fall = action 10
Normal fall = action E

Llumys

Smash Champion
(sigh)

After searching for an amount of time that I find adequate, I have not found an answer.

Here's the embarrassing question: Is there anywhere I can find a compilation of visible hit bubble PSAs?

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
So you don't have to go searching through everything (dunno about you, but I absolutely hate having to):
Speed mod = 04070100, put parameter 0 in scalar
Helpless fall = action 10
Normal fall = action E
Thank you, now how to use those numbers...I'll take a look, but I may need to inquire again later but soon. Thanks a lot though ^^

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
When you go to choose an action to use, instead of choosing from the list, enter the speed mod # into the little box on the bottom right of the list.
Since I can't find a thread with it, what action is specialfall-with-aerial-IASA
...Uhhhh... what? ...You mean a special fall with interrupt frames? Isn't that kinda self-defeating?
(sigh)
After searching for an amount of time that I find adequate, I have not found an answer.
Here's the embarrassing question: Is there anywhere I can find a compilation of visible hit bubble PSAs?
I know there's a thread with them somewhere, but I don't think there's more than a few characters listed...

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
When you go to choose an action to use, instead of choosing from the list, enter the speed mod # into the little box on the bottom right of the list.
Yeah, I figured out that much, but I'm stuck on how to find "action." Would "change subaction" work? Also with the speed mod, is manipulatable? Like is that one universal speed change or can I tamper with exactly how many frames are being changed? Thanks so much for your help =)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Nonono, like Sonic's upB.

(And I also need the autolink angle, is that 365?)
For my Lucario set, all I did was change the up-B ending action to E instead of 10...
And I have no idea what the heck an autolink angle is.
Yeah, I figured out that much, but I'm stuck on how to find "action." Would "change subaction" work? Also with the speed mod, is manipulatable? Like is that one universal speed change or can I tamper with exactly how many frames are being changed? Thanks so much for your help =)
It's "Change Action". Your best bet is to use the 2nd Change Action option.
And yes, you can tweak the number of frames that are affected. Simply put a timer before the command (where you want the frames to start speeding up/slowing down) and put another timer+frame speed mod combo on the frame that you want the speed change to stop on. (Set the speed of the 2nd command to 1, which resets the speed to 1.)

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
It's "Change Action". Your best bet is to use the 2nd Change Action option.
And yes, you can tweak the number of frames that are affected. Simply put a timer before the command (where you want the frames to start speeding up/slowing down) and put another timer+frame speed mod combo on the frame that you want the speed change to stop on. (Set the speed of the 2nd command to 1, which resets the speed to 1.)
Thanks, I effectively removed my helpless state on Ike's side b. =)

Edit: I might have missed something but everytime I try to increase the speed of Ike's fsmash, it loses all of its hitboxes. I've been changing it on "main," should I change it other places too? Oh and interval set to 30,000 is one frame right?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
the event 11031400 (Slash Glow graphics) has been applied to ike and marth, but overtime i've realized that I cannot put this event on some actions, because grabbing would cause the game to freeze. I would like to know which sub actions i cannot add this event to.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ah, I found that yesterday. Something somewhere else seems to be adding or subtracting from RA-Basic[2]. It's basically saying if the number that it's set to is -1, spawn a turnip, otherwise spawn an item
But what is RA-Basic[2]? And does anyone have any idea what and where this something is? Adding or subtracting what? If what number is set to -1?

I hate to ask so many questions but no one seems to know the answers :x I tried posting this at Kitty Corp and I was told that nobody knows exactly what RA-Basic[2] is :/

If we can figure out what the variables are for this then we could start abusing this move in a normal match :chuckle: Unless the requirements and variables are insane

NNID
Budget_Player
Honestly.

Someone needs to add some things to the original post.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8225324&postcount=1
(Includes special angles, just Ctrl F)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258326
(My thread, includes Move Editing 101, which INCLUDES Speed Modifiers etc)
Yeah, that's good stuff.

So I need to make a B move do absolutely nothing if a certain variable is set (or rather, if it's been used before since landing). How can I do this? (Specifically, MK can use one B attack in the air before landing/getting hit again, but doesn't go into specialfall)

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why, but when I try to use the speed mod on Ike's Fsmash (I'm just learning so I'm just making a simple "broken Ike" project to put it all into practice) he just freezes at when he holds his sword above his head. xP Can someone just show me an example of a quicker attack from the PSA program so I can see how's its used properly? Thank you

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
But what is RA-Basic[2]? And does anyone have any idea what and where this something is? Adding or subtracting what? If what number is set to -1?

I hate to ask so many questions but no one seems to know the answers :x I tried posting this at Kitty Corp and I was told that nobody knows exactly what RA-Basic[2] is :/

If we can figure out what the variables are for this then we could start abusing this move in a normal match :chuckle: Unless the requirements and variables are insane
That's pretty much all that anyone knows. RA-Basics could be anything.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain to an utter noob (me) how to use this speed mod? I can't seem to get it working. I tried to put it in and put a frame with it to start and ending, but all I managed to do thus far is to either lose my hitboxes or have my attack freeze. xPPPP

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, but I found that on a guide, the problem isn't how to change speed, it's how do I use it. Like my guy keeps freezing whenever I try to fsmash. xP How do I put it on the PSA program thing? Sorry for a seemingly dumb question, but I just wanna get this to work right.

this is how I do it:
((On Ike's 58th animation (AttackS4S)))
Timer: time = 30,000 (1 frame right?)
{Speed Mod} 1-2
Timer time = 360,000 (idk, it says the hitboxes start about there I think)
{Speed Mod} 1-1

Then Ike freezes on his Fsmash until he gets hit. xPP Is it dependant on which timer I use? (Btw, what's the difference between the two?)

Sorry for asking a million questions, I'm trying to learn from scratch here. Thanks a bunch though =)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Thanks, but I found that on a guide, the problem isn't how to change speed, it's how do I use it. Like my guy keeps freezing whenever I try to fsmash. xP How do I put it on the PSA program thing? Sorry for a seemingly dumb question, but I just wanna get this to work right.

this is how I do it:
{Speed Mod} 1-2
{Speed Mod} 1-1

Then Ike freezes on his Fsmash until he gets hit. xPP Is it dependant on which timer I use? (Btw, what's the difference between the two?)

Sorry for asking a million questions, I'm trying to learn from scratch here. Thanks a bunch though =)
Don't use that Timer. Use the frame speed modifier. The event is
Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed of the animation by. 2 means it is twice as fast, .5 means half as fast. Usually a .1 change is a pretty noticeable difference!

Yeah, that's good stuff.

So I need to make a B move do absolutely nothing if a certain variable is set (or rather, if it's been used before since landing). How can I do this? (Specifically, MK can use one B attack in the air before landing/getting hit again, but doesn't go into specialfall)
I'm gonna PM you a different solution that I've found that I think will suit Brawl-.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Don't use that Timer. Use the frame speed modifier. The event is
Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed of the animation by. 2 means it is twice as fast, .5 means half as fast. Usually a .1 change is a pretty noticeable difference!
So I just put the mod in the animation and no timer whatsoever? Should I just put it in Main or should I put it in the corresponding SFX, GFX, and Other too? Thanks. ^^

Edit: If it isn't too much to ask, can I see an example of it being used properly? I'm sorry if I'm asking for a lot, but my Ike just keeps freezing instead of being able to attack faster. =(

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem as BPC (but not): I'm trying to make a move that you can only do once in the air. The variables and everything work, but if the variable is set to false, I put a Change Action: E, with requirements In Air and Animation End. However, if you do it twice in he air, you enter the fall state (as planned), but when you reach the ground, you're still hovering just above the ground in the fall state. How do I fix this?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I have the same problem as BPC (but not): I'm trying to make a move that you can only do once in the air. The variables and everything work, but if the variable is set to false, I put a Change Action: E, with requirements In Air and Animation End. However, if you do it twice in he air, you enter the fall state (as planned), but when you reach the ground, you're still hovering just above the ground in the fall state. How do I fix this?
Add
Change Action=0, Requirement=On Ground
to the special, see if that works.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

this is how I do it:
{Speed Mod} 1-2
{Speed Mod} 1-1

>>>ARE YOU USING SCALAR FOR YOUR VALUES<<<
If you are using "value", you just set the move to run 1/60,000 speed. That is TERRIBLY slow.

EDIT: 30,000 is half a frame.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
HALP.

I'm using PSA to make Krystal from Star Fox, and there's an issue I've run into.

I want her to have a two-hit A combo. The first hit is her FTilt, angled downwards. The second one is her FTilt again, but angled upwards. However, all that comes out is the first hit.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
HALP.

I'm using PSA to make Krystal from Star Fox, and there's an issue I've run into.

I want her to have a two-hit A combo. The first hit is her FTilt, angled downwards. The second one is her FTilt again, but angled upwards. However, all that comes out is the first hit.
Try adding
-If Button Pressed=00
---Change Subaction=(whatever the second jab subaction is)
-End If
to the end of the first jab subaction.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
>>>ARE YOU USING SCALAR FOR YOUR VALUES<<<
If you are using "value", you just set the move to run 1/60,000 speed. That is TERRIBLY slow.

EDIT: 30,000 is half a frame.
Yes, scalar. ^^ Is that why it won't work? Because I'm setting it to half a frame? Thanks for the correction.

Edit: Please can someone just show me an example of this infernal speed mod being used properly because it refuses to do anything other than freeze my character. =( I'm like getting a little frustrated not getting it to work properly. Thanks.

Edit Again: Nevermind, I guess I was using this old version of the program, I found a beta for what appears to be the newest (V0.2.1). I got it working on the new one I downloaded. ^^

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Very sorry over the double post, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I seem to have lost my ability to walk left. I can walk right just fine. I also can move to the left any other way than walking too. I just become stuck when I try to walk to the left. xP Anybody know how to fix this? It appeared to be this way once I started using the momentum event.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Someone test this.

Change Subaction to -1.

Its used multiple places in Fighter.pac, and in Fox's Final Smash.
I can't test this, someone tell me what it does.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
How would you do that? You mean -1 in scalar? I don't think value can be negative... but I could be wrong.

Top Bottom