• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
Can make requirements based off of opponents' status? (Like do a Dair if they are in the air) And also can you read in opponents' coordinates? If so, how? Thanks, just curious and to see if I can make some cool stuff happen with my Ike project...

Someone test this.

Change Subaction to -1.

Its used multiple places in Fighter.pac, and in Fox's Final Smash.
I can't test this, someone tell me what it does.
Uh, I just tried to test it, it doesn't appear to do anything, maybe I tested it wrong. So don't take my word for it until better testing has proved this right. ^^;;

Dantarion

Smash Champion
It works. You have to input it as FFFFFFFF though, PSA won't let you use -1

It T-poses your character.
Its used in Fox's final smash.
The game T-poses him and makes him invisible and invincible until the Final Smash is over.

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
Hey, I just started using brawl box and smash attacks, and it's going well so far. I'm trying to make marth into a fire emblem mage/sage. I know how to change animations, but my psa knowledge is limited, and i have a few questions.

I would like to make it so marth can use a flamethrower similar to bowser and charizard, I can make my own animation, i just need it to make the flamethrower during it. How would I go about doing this?

Another thing is I want to remove the armor pieces, sword, and sheath. I know how to do it in brawl box by going one by one on each animation and changing the scale to .001. Is there a better/easier way to do this?

If there is some type of guide that would help me with this, a link would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
^ Same question, but I wanted Cpt. Falcon to have Charizard's flamethrower, animation and everything. I assume it'd be the same process, but I wanted to specify in case there's anything I would do differently.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
It works. You have to input it as FFFFFFFF though, PSA won't let you use -1

It T-poses your character.
Its used in Fox's final smash.
The game T-poses him and makes him invisible and invincible until the Final Smash is over.
So you found out, huh. ^^ Good, sorry I wasn't much help xP

-I was wondering, how do I make Ike's QD have the ability to pass right through someone, I want to give it a teleport effect and it'll stop moving right in front of them despite my momentum I'm adding. Also, how do I make the QD Aerial Attack window larger?

mdr

Smash Rookie
Can This be used to change the pokemon in the pokeballs? if not any pointers on were to learn how to do this?
i'm trying to make a deadly Goldeen to give my friends a sharp surprise.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you can use this to change the Pokemon from the pokeball item...

I'm making a recovery move that does not put you in helpless but you can only do it once in the air. I;m using variables to do this. While you can only do this once in the air, the second time you try, you won't do the move, but once you reach the ground, you'll still be in the fall action. How do I fix this?

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you can use this to change the Pokemon from the pokeball item...

I'm making a recovery move that does not put you in helpless but you can only do it once in the air. I;m using variables to do this. While you can only do this once in the air, the second time you try, you won't do the move, but once you reach the ground, you'll still be in the fall action. How do I fix this?
Make an if statement, set the requirement to "on ground" and have it change action to "0." I'd assume that'd override anything left to do once you hit the ground. If you want to delay it for landing lag at all just add a timer before "change action". =)

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
sorry, because I know this has been asked, but how do I create a limit for how many times a b move can be used in the air?:confused:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Make an if statement, set the requirement to "on ground" and have it change action to "0." I'd assume that'd override anything left to do once you hit the ground. If you want to delay it for landing lag at all just add a timer before "change action". =)
No.
Change Action 0, Requirement: On Ground.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
That's what I did, but my problem was due to *********** in a different place than I originally thought. Thanks anyways.

Another question: Where is the proper place to put an If: 0B? Before the timer, after the timer, or...where?

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
I'm making a PSA for Lucas and i've gotten stuck.

Taunts

Screne goes white no one can see for until you enter the air or for five secconds

Sleep to everyone

Summons Manophy

Currently I can't even get the screne to change color for the first one I've treid looking at MK's final smash but it didn't help

Only the user falls asleep which I wanted to happen but I can't get the other people to fall asleep I took a working sleeping attack that I made and just increased the hitbox size to the max it could be and it does not work

And as for summoning manophy and that does not work at all. I did get it to summon an assist trophy. Is this possiable to even do?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm making a PSA for Lucas and i've gotten stuck.

Taunts

Screne goes white no one can see for until you enter the air or for five secconds

Sleep to everyone

Summons Manophy

Currently I can't even get the screne to change color for the first one I've treid looking at MK's final smash but it didn't help

Only the user falls asleep which I wanted to happen but I can't get the other people to fall asleep I took a working sleeping attack that I made and just increased the hitbox size to the max it could be and it does not work

And as for summoning manophy and that does not work at all. I did get it to summon an assist trophy. Is this possiable to even do?
Sorry, but summoning a specific Assist Trophy is impossible at this point.

I am afraid I don't know how to change the screen color.

Your sleeping attack should work, though... if you could get a (cropped) screenshot of the collision data in PSA I could probably tell you what's wrong with it.

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Okay. For starters, please download the newest Project Smash Attacks (or at least version 0.2.1). The old version deals in funky values that makes everything confusing. If you want the latest version (which is slightly less stable than 0.2.1) here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?32qlym3tcjl

The only thing that seems visibly wrong with your hitbox is that that size is absurdly huge. After you upgrade (so we are both dealing in the same units) try 4000. That is a nice, reasonable, all-encompassing size.

If that doesn't work, try making it so that the offensive collision deals 1 damage.

If that doesn't work, put a Synchronous Timer = 1 frame right after the offensive collision.

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
HELP!!!! I saved one psa to my sd card, and now my wii won't read any psas! the textures still work, but all of the .pac files don't, I don't know how to fix it!! :urg:

Yoshi6852

Smash Cadet
Okay. For starters, please download the newest Project Smash Attacks (or at least version 0.2.1). The old version deals in funky values that makes everything confusing. If you want the latest version (which is slightly less stable than 0.2.1) here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?32qlym3tcjl

The only thing that seems visibly wrong with your hitbox is that that size is absurdly huge. After you upgrade (so we are both dealing in the same units) try 4000. That is a nice, reasonable, all-encompassing size.

If that doesn't work, try making it so that the offensive collision deals 1 damage.

If that doesn't work, put a Synchronous Timer = 1 frame right after the offensive collision.
Good news and bad news. The good news is I can now make it so the enemy fall's asleep. The bad news is the user no longer fall's asleep :confused:

Dr_Awesome95

Smash Rookie
Working on Masked Man on Ness, I've replaced his yoyo with Ganon's sword in Brawlbox, and now I'm just wondering how I can get the sword to show in different animations rather than just the AttckHi4 and AttackLw4. For example, I want the sword in his FSmash, so what do I have to do to get it there? Thanks in advance.

Zarato

Smash Rookie
I've got a question. I know how to change the animation flags to change the element, but is it possible to give a move more than one effect (i.e. both stun and lightning)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yes, you'd need two different offensive collisions where each has it's own element.
@Zarato: You also have to make sure that you can hit the opponent with both hitboxes. Put one hitbox, then a timer, then Terminate Collisions, then the next hitbox.

Also, it'd probably be better if you posted in only one thread.

Zarato

Smash Rookie
@Zarato: You also have to make sure that you can hit the opponent with both hitboxes. Put one hitbox, then a timer, then Terminate Collisions, then the next hitbox.

Also, it'd probably be better if you posted in only one thread.
yeah, sorry about that. I didn't know where to ask so i asked in a couple of places. I figured something out, so thanks for your help.

Edit: ok so i am making a Sasuke character (I don't really like sasuke, but I found a cool skin and I love the sharingan) and I am trying to edit his final smash to be ameratsu. The thing I am doing is changing the animation to Win3 and adding a a dark effect with a loop on the collision boxes. The problem is that I cannot get the collision loop to work for the life of me. I've tried at least 5 different variations, and It always only gives me one hit and ignores the loop. Anyone have an solution to actually making it loop? (yes put set loop for so many cycles and then added an excecute loop)

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Didn't think I'd have to actually ask for help here (so far I've relied on searches)....

EDIT: Problem 1 solved.

...Now a new issue arrives.

I'm making Rest heal Jigglypuff. Now the healing part works. But I'm trying to make it heal two different ways - 40% if Jigglypuff hits the opponent, and 10% if it doesn't hit anybody.

I've been using Requirement 0B, but to no avail. The code's supposed to set a Bit variable if 0B is true, then an If statement picks the proper healing amount. But no matter what, it always picks the 10% heal. Anybody have any solutions?

(Oh, and the timing for the 0B check should be accurate as I have it check 30 times! Also I'm using a Special Offensive Collision.)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I can't seem to figure out how to use the speed modifier properly. I am using PSA 0.2.1 and am trying to edit Captain Falcon's running speed.

I first tried to do:
Code:
Set Loop Infinite:
     04070100: 1-2
Loop Rest
Execute Loop
That didn't work. I just tried:
Code:
04070100: 1-2
And that didn't work.

Can someone please help me get this to work. Is there a specific way you have to use it? ie. inside a loop, if statement, etc?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@standardtoaster: if you want to edit his run speed, just change one of the attributes.

And if you want to only change the speed of his running animation, then the 2nd thing you posted should do it.

@Anomilus: for some weeeeiiiird reason, I have had more success getting requirement 0B to work properly when I place the If: 0B's inside the GFX tab. Maybe try that?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Really? I put 04070100: 1-2 in the running subroutine under main and it didn't work. I'll try it again, though.

EDIT: It didn't work.

Here's what I did:
  1. Went to the Running sub action
  2. Removed what I had before
  3. It's completely empty now
  4. Added the speed modifier
  5. It should be 04070100, right?
  6. Double-clicked it
  7. Changed parameter 0 to scalar
  8. Then typed 2 in the text field
  9. Clicked 'OK' and then instead of being 04070100: 1-2 it is 04070100: 1-1D4C0
Here's a pic of what it is now:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Really? I put 04070100: 1-2 in the running subroutine under main and it didn't work. I'll try it again, though.

EDIT: It didn't work.

Here's what I did:
  1. Went to the Running sub action
  2. Removed what I had before
  3. It's completely empty now
  4. Added the speed modifier
  5. It should be 04070100, right?
  6. Double-clicked it
  7. Changed parameter 0 to scalar
  8. Then typed 2 in the text field
  9. Clicked 'OK' and then instead of being 04070100: 1-2 it is 04070100: 1-1D4C0
Here's a pic of what it is now:
Oh, my bad. I just remembered why this isn't working for you. The "Run" animation's speed is tied directly to how fast the character is going -- as such, you can't edit it using the Frame Speed Modifier. If you really want to change the speed of his running animation, you're going to need to edit the aniation in BrawlBox and add or remove some frames.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm having trouble editing a taunt here. I'm trying to recreate ether or bombos from lttp. I'm currently starting with just four directions. North, east, south, and west, respectively. I have the graphics done but I'm having a lot of trouble with the hitboxes. By the way, I'm testing the taunt out with Captain Falcon because he was the person I was currently editing when the idea hit me.

Here's what I have for the hitboxes. And here's what I have for the graphics. Could someone please help me with this. I would also like to know what the difference is between offensive collision and special offensive collision. Sorry if I'm asking for a lot of things.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@standardtoaster: What exactly is the problem?

I'm guessing the hitboxes don't work. That's because they have no Flag. You should copy a flag from a pre-existing hitbox and paste it in.

Also, delete that first Asynch Timer: 79 just in case.

As for the differences between Special and regular Offensive Collisions, there isn't much of one. Special Offensive Collisions have two extra fields that, when filled with the right numbers, allow them to exhibit unique properties (wind, reflectable, etc).

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Does it matter which flag I copy? I'm going to guess that if I were to copy the SpecialN flags instead of Attack11 flags it would be different.
Flags determine priority, sound effect on hit, and element, among other things. Basically, just find a hitbox that has similar effects to what you want, and copy its flag.

Top Bottom