• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2010 Melee Combo Video Awards ~Nominations closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal

Smash Lord
TEC0 i used 3 votes but that was prior to WTF HAX came out. May i please make my vote RAPEX2 WTF HAX and IKM3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dutch combovid will be released in a couple of weeks too... watch out for it :) (and don't start this until then xD)
The end date for nominations is on the 12th =/.

Since I already announced that I'm gonna keep with it sorry man.

If it doesn't make it to this one it'll be allowed for next year's CV award so iunno what to say =/.

TEC0 i used 3 votes but that was prior to WTF HAX came out. May i please make my vote RAPEX2 WTF HAX and IKM3
So what are you taking away from. I'm no psychic bro I have no idea what you previously voted for.

Animal

Smash Lord
bro? wtf? hahah im taking away TAI. my bad tai =/ respect. Rapex2 got this

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Show me your passion 2

Do I need to dig up the thread or just link it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHqQj1Vmkq4

also I don't understand why you're combining voting and nominations. It's like having an election, except there are no people on the ballots and everything is "write in a candidate". Why not do it the same way it was done last year?

0Room

Smash Lord
Teczero, WTF Hax, and Devour. Not to say the other ones [read: the ones made by well known pros] weren't good, I just like giving some shout outs to the lesser known guys. [excluding Hax$. Everyone knows him. I'm just partial to Falcon Videos.]

Rykard

Smash Ace
not sure if this has been asked but since the creator of the video gets the premium membership, will mango be unbanned if his video wins?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
not sure if this has been asked but since the creator of the video gets the premium membership, will mango be unbanned if his video wins?
HAHAHA

wow.... i can't believe this hasn't been asked (I don't think so, anyway).

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Show me your passion 2

Do I need to dig up the thread or just link it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHqQj1Vmkq4

also I don't understand why you're combining voting and nominations. It's like having an election, except there are no people on the ballots and everything is "write in a candidate". Why not do it the same way it was done last year?
You mean doing nominations and votes at the same time?

... Because I'm not doing that.....

My template used was for last year's. I just cut down the number of videos that would move on more or less.

No, good try though.

I was under the impression that Alex19 made the video and stuff anyway.

But if alex and mango collaborated then just Alex will get it lol

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
After much deliberation. My votes will go to...

TAI
**** x2
Devour

There are sooo many good videos this year. Tbh, going into this, I thought rapex2 had this contest down pat. Then I saw TAI and now I realize this ****s gonna be a tight battle.

I feel guilty not giving Shadowclaw a vote but its got a lot already and Devour needs more love. ****s raaaape.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I nominate EPICUS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIA2dDzcmno

I will also vote for Devour and Teczero. So many good choices this year it's really hard to pick, but those to me had the most replay value.

EDIT: Is it possible to nominate that whole starchaser series or w.e? They're pretty short, and only 3 so far, and all of them are amazing (better than everything on the current list imo). However, if I can only pick one, then the one I nominated is the one I'll keep with.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
My 3rd nomination goes to Falcon Forever. that vid needs more love.

so for me thats IKM3, Onterrible: An ontario combo vid, and Falcon Forever.

edit: HOLY WTF INCREDIBLE at those vids ^^^

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You mean doing nominations and votes at the same time?

... Because I'm not doing that.....

My template used was for last year's. I just cut down the number of videos that would move on more or less.
well, no, you are.

There were 3 steps last year.

Nomination
Then all nominated videos were put into a poll where you could vote 3 times
Then The winners of that were put into a last vote.

This year, you have conglomerated the first two steps. You're saying to "nominate" three videos, but then keeping track of how many times things have been "nominated", or really, "voted for" and then slimming down to the last vote from there.

anyways my other 2 votes go to ghost + star +dark =rapex3, don't know why that's only got 2 votes, that video is ridiculous, and wtfhax because that's prog doing his thing.

It just seems silly to me :\

anyways my 2 votes go to wtfhax and ghost+star+dark=rapex3. How that only has 2 votes is beyond me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
So let me get this straight, you'd like me to, nominate, then put the videos through an additional filter to filter it to 3 videos?

More or less your scenario is you putting it through 2 "filters" while I put it through 1.

Its not very different. If thats what everyone wants then w/e I have no issues. I just really don't see the point of reducing it to just 3 videos.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I feel that the "most nominated" method is not as accurate. I don't think everyone watches every video, so I think making a poll for every video after all the videos are nominated is a better idea because that way the chances of mroe people watching all the videos are higher because they are all located in one area (stickied thread). Right now it's just a popularity contest :/.

Sim

Smash Apprentice
> Right now it's just a popularity contest :/.

Indeed. Reminds me a little of that Greatest Video game Villains contest on gamespot.

--------------

My last vote goes to Starchaser Chapter 1 "Epicus".

So my 3 votes went to I Killed Mufasa III, Meet Quebec, and Starchaser.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Dr Quail, Medicine Bird. Already voted for this.

Shadowclaw IV.

Tipping an Illusion.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So let me get this straight, you'd like me to, nominate, then put the videos through an additional filter to filter it to 3 videos?

More or less your scenario is you putting it through 2 "filters" while I put it through 1.

Its not very different. If thats what everyone wants then w/e I have no issues. I just really don't see the point of reducing it to just 3 videos.
Basically I liked it better last year because that way everyone got to see every video before voting, rather than having to vote based on what you know currently, especially for the first few people who nominated videos. I know in essence this isn't going to change anything, because rapex2 or something else similar is going to win, but it feels more structured. Right now you can only vote for a video if you've already heard of it/seen it somewhere else. There's no chance of being given a list of contenders, and then comparing them all. Unless of course you go back and edit your votes later, which most people aren't going to do, and even if they did it would be a pain for you to keep track of manually because you would have to go through the entire thread again at the end of the voting period, rather than just having a computer keep track of it for you.

It's been a year for some of these videos, and there have been so many. I would have forgotten about rapex3 (the ghost/star/dark one) if a couple other people hadn't nominated it.

wait what do you mean "reducing it to 3 videos". where did I say to do that?

step 1: video nominations
step 2: everyone gets 3 votes and picks 3 videos they liked the most.
step 3: the top x videos from that (could be 15 or whatever you want) get put into a second round of voting, and everyone gets to vote once in that.

I was just suggesting to splitting your step 1 into 2 steps, because I feel it's better organized, and more interesting overall, not because I feel it's going to have any impact on who wins.

But do what you like. I was just wondering why you chose to do it the current way, especially since it means more work for you (you have to manually tally the nominations).

sorry for making your life harder, I'm just nitpicky like that :D

<3 hailey

LuCKy

Smash Master
alex19 recorded and edited everything so he created the video

mango and i just starred in it lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
why does mangos video count if its from 09?
Because it didn't count for 09 due to how late it came out.

From the intro:

Any videos that were NOT allowed to enter the previous year's Combo video award because it happened after is fine. For example, Mango+alex+lucky rapex2 IS allowed to be nominated. (It was released on 12/28/09)

:3

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Chred - Oh, I guess I can see that *shrugs*

This is the first method I thought of and I thought this was how it worked last year oh well *shrugs*

I was hoping to get around the not seen much by giving a lot of freedom (Change your vote, long time for this period, 15 videos make it through, etc)

But iunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom