• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2010 Melee Combo Video Awards ~Nominations closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I don't always nominate combo videos

but when I do, I nominate TAI.

Now that that's out of the way, may as well nominate Shadow Claw 4 too.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
^ If I can vote for this even though it's just a trailer for now I'd like to do that. So for me it's looking like

1- Tipping An Illusion- TAI(god this was so ****)

2. Just a little combo vid- Calle W

3. Shadowclaw IV
Did you vote for someting before?

I don't want to be counting your vote twice so you have to tell me the difference haha.

btw to everyone, if you voted before and want to use up the rest of your nomination votes. don't tell me your previous votes, otherwise Imma get confused :confused: and be clear that you are nominating someone otherwise I might think you're just commenting on it.

recit0

Smash Rookie
I will vote for of course Meet quebec !! :p
2-shadowclaw 4
3- None of those they are pretty good all of them

koopa222

Smash Rookie
Shadowclaw 4 has excellent combos but terrible editing. Sorry V3ctorMan but i don't want to see five combos played at once nor do I want to see those clips in black and white, nor do I want to listen to serious music in the background. You went the wrong way with the editing. Combo videos are supposed to be fun to watch with techno music (preferably) in the background and special effects just to make it look more crazy and fun, not more serious. Additionally why did you do that dumb journal effect theme? No matter what video you put it in it will look ********. Play one video at a time, only use SFX to add to the hype, have techno music in the background, don't use black and white (although making a clip rainbow may look awesome =D), and take out the dumb parts (I.E. Shadowclaw 4 loading screen), if you do this Shadowclaw 5 may be better than **** x 2.

TLDR:Read sentence above for tips, V3ctorMan

ALSO I NOMINATE **** X 2

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
holy crap lol well i pretty much agree. About the techno anyone could use what they want to use thats what makes it unique and theirs but about 5 clips playing at once and garbage like that it kills it

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
the music you dont wanna listen to is just personal preference and doesnt make the combo vid any worse... not everyone likes techno and it doesnt make a combo vid any better by any means

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I strongly feel like TAI's vid is gonna ride the wave of "newness" to success, although overal being not-as-good as some other vids imo. Same for WTF HAX when it come sout, but WTF HAX will be mindblowing so idgaf.

that said, my second nomination goes to On-terrbile: An ontario canada combo vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz1SajRPRj4

tw1n

Smash Champion
Now I understand that everyone has different views on the subject of over-editting (in SC4), but I think it was amazing. It added something new to combo videos. Made it more intense and also more fun to watch honestly. That type of editing is never seen and is much more appreciated.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Did you vote for someting before?

I don't want to be counting your vote twice so you have to tell me the difference haha.

btw to everyone, if you voted before and want to use up the rest of your nomination votes. don't tell me your previous votes, otherwise Imma get confused :confused: and be clear that you are nominating someone otherwise I might think you're just commenting on it.
Oh, well I already voted/nominated for SCIV sorry on not clarifying that. That was the only one I nominated though but yeah just the 3 i listed ^.^

Shadowclaw 4 has excellent combos but terrible editing. Sorry V3ctorMan but i don't want to see five combos played at once nor do I want to see those clips in black and white, nor do I want to listen to serious music in the background. You went the wrong way with the editing. Combo videos are supposed to be fun to watch with techno music (preferably) in the background and special effects just to make it look more crazy and fun, not more serious. Additionally why did you do that dumb journal effect theme? No matter what video you put it in it will look ********. Play one video at a time, only use SFX to add to the hype, have techno music in the background, don't use black and white (although making a clip rainbow may look awesome =D), and take out the dumb parts (I.E. Shadowclaw 4 loading screen), if you do this Shadowclaw 5 may be better than **** x 2.

TLDR:Read sentence above for tips, V3ctorMan

ALSO I NOMINATE **** X 2
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

So you're saying to be like every other typical combo video? XD, good tips obviously

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Shadow Claw IV's STUPIDLY LONG introduction makes me not want to vote for it. TAI's is good.

Anyway, my votes:

1) Silent Wolf - All Systems Go

2) ???

3) ???

I'll figure out my other nominations later.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I liked ShadowClawIV because it was different, it kept me interested, and I felt like I wasn't watching the same video over and over again. To be successful you have to take risks, and Vman and Taj did just that. Instead of sticking with the same common formula, they were bold and dared to try something new. A loading screen to build anticipation, showing 5 clips at once to let you know that you're about to watch something extraordinary, etc.

Funny thing is, he did something similar (with the clips) with the Axe Effect and was praised for it, yet hated for it with SC4. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom