• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/18/2008 GIGABITS - A Fall Brawl

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Because door fee scares off the majority of players who don't think they'll win money, whereas pot **** only makes the ones who think they'll win upset...

:colorful:
man...pot **** sucks., but thats so flawless in logic...

they should reduce it to like 10-15% then. I mean, its taken from both singles and doubles, so 10-15% from each would be fine, right? plus, it'd be lower than what it is now (i actually forgot what it is now)

i dont think i'll ever win money at gigs in singles though. I have a tendency to get 9th in every tourney i go to :urg:

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the only reason they take so much out is, because they are using up a lot of the place's space for our tourney, so they are losing their normal business!!!

I agree personally that door fee's are better for bigger payouts, but someone would have to speak to Cecil about it!!!

:colorful:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
thats it screw it, i'm gonna start using meta knight now if i come across ddd players. i hate that fat *******...

edit- i just became a smash child again. yay... :/

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
What about my ddd?

random people randomly going meta knight doesnt tend to work vs ddd's that know the matchup.
the "easily exploitable" things aren't so easy to exploit anymore.
best to stick with your main and learn the matchup.
its ur main, u wont learn that matchup faster with any other character.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I kind of agree with Seibrik.

It reminds me of people who feel MK is so good that they need to use MK to counter MK, which I don't think is true (I believe Snake counters MK 55:45). Snake/DK/Diddy/Falco/Yoshi, IMO, are MK's top five hardest matchups, so those characters are ideal for fighting MK with if you want to pick up a secondary who isn't MK to fight MK. I picked up DK to combat MK and nowadays I can do fine against good MKs with DK (same with Snake, who I'm good at fighting with MK but DK has the better edge). I'm also good at MK dittos but I have an easier time and way more fun fighting MKs with DK. Anyone who has a 4/6 disadvantage or better ratio against MK is good enough though if you ask me (6/4 isn't THAT bad, imagine what people with mid tier or lower characters have to go through with their matchups).

However I also think it's good to pick up a secondary if you main a character who has real terrible matchups vs certain characters, like DK vs DDD, so if you feel you want to use MK against DDD, then that's fine. I personally think MK can do good vs DDD, however, assuming you main Kirby, I think Kirby can do fine against a DDD, so as I've said before, I agree with Seibrik that you should learn the matchup with Kirby, since I don't think it's a ****-up-the-*** matchup. Heck I originally wanted to use different characters to counter GW and ROB because I HATED fighting those two with MK, but I decided to learn the matchup with MK anyway as I got better and I can do real good against those two now.

Of course if you want to use MK against DDD anyway then that's fine by me. :)

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I kind of agree with Seibrik.

It reminds me of people who feel MK is so good that they need to use MK to counter MK, which I don't think is true (I believe Snake counters MK 55:45). Snake/DK/Diddy/Falco/Yoshi, IMO, are MK's top five hardest matchups, so those characters are ideal for fighting MK with if you want to pick up a secondary who isn't MK to fight MK. I picked up DK to combat MK and nowadays I can do fine against good MKs with DK (same with Snake, who I'm good at fighting with MK but DK has the better edge). I'm also good at MK dittos but I have an easier time and way more fun fighting MKs with DK. Anyone who has a 4/6 disadvantage or better ratio against MK is good enough though if you ask me (6/4 isn't THAT bad, imagine what people with mid tier or lower characters have to go through with their matchups).

However I also think it's good to pick up a secondary if you main a character who has real terrible matchups vs certain characters, like DK vs DDD, so if you feel you want to use MK against DDD, then that's fine. I personally think MK can do good vs DDD, however, assuming you main Kirby, I think Kirby can do fine against a DDD, so as I've said before, I agree with Seibrik that you should learn the matchup with Kirby, since I don't think it's a ****-up-the-*** matchup. Heck I originally wanted to use different characters to counter GW and ROB because I HATED fighting those two with MK, but I decided to learn the matchup with MK anyway as I got better and I can do real good against those two now.

Of course if you want to use MK against DDD anyway then that's fine by me. :)
i'll see what i can do. the problem is that ddd's grab range and attack range is too long. i can't even get close to him without getting hit the the hammer and lets not forget his aerials and the stupid waddle dees. kirby's range isn't thta good either. i'll see what i can do, but i hate facing a fat character that i believe is broken. either way, i'll see...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
ill MM you with my GW mr. fenrir

id actually prefer diddy, but your sig says you only accept those 5-6 chars
no no no...

my sig says I'm cocky against those characters....people get to complaining about them being broken...and I'm really not scared of any of them...

when I ask for a MM, I'm not limiting it to only certain matchups

So basically, I'd like to see your Diddy... GW is good too, if you want. but that's completely your call. : )

We do need to play more.. you're mad fun.

Tommy G: if you come to this, I'd really like to play you some. I know you don't take MMs, but I'd like some matches...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
no no no...

my sig says I'm cocky against those characters....people get to complaining about them being broken...and I'm really not scared of any of them...

when I ask for a MM, I'm not limiting it to only certain matchups

So basically, I'd like to see your Diddy... GW is good too, if you want. but that's completely your call. : )

We do need to play more.. you're mad fun.

Tommy G: if you come to this, I'd really like to play you some. I know you don't take MMs, but I'd like some matches...
those ike dittos at fast made my weekend. AFter that i wasnt even angry at the fact that i lost to rainbow cruise anymore..

diddy vs fox: return of subspace. there wont be a rayquaza to get in our way this time :laugh:

how much we doing btw?

Edit: i hope tommy G comes. Ive found the way to defeat his falco in battle with diddy now. muahahahahahahahaha! *cough*

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
those ike dittos at fast made my weekend. AFter that i wasnt even angry at the fact that i lost to rainbow cruise anymore..

diddy vs fox: return of subspace. there wont be a rayquaza to get in our way this time :laugh:

how much we doing btw?

Edit: i hope tommy G comes. Ive found the way to defeat his falco in battle with diddy now. muahahahahahahahaha! *cough*
Personally, I don't care how much. $1-5 We'll get more matches than just that, I hope.

EDIT: I want Tommy to come because I just.... like Falco. : )

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Retro, DDD isn't really a bad match up for Kirby. Just play patient and don't rush in with aerials or you'll get shield grabbed.

IMO Kirby doesn't even have any "bad" match ups in this game.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Friendship MM?

If I win, you have to not hate me anymore!

I'm so sad :(.
For some reason, I can see you CPing Pikachu in our friendship MM.... xD

I never hated you, John. I'm not like that.

Hold a Brawl fest on a weekday other than Friday, and I'll come if I can... I don't know if I can really do any more Fenrir Fests, though.. : /

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
taking any ike ditto MM for any amount!!

oh and master raven.... GW ***** MK the hardest, I prove it every tourney I go... just as long as you aren't m2k... GW will **** MK.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
taking any ike ditto MM for any amount!!

oh and master raven.... GW ***** MK the hardest, I prove it every tourney I go... just as long as you aren't m2k... GW will **** MK.
ill ike ditto you, but i dont wanna lose my hard earned dollar

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Retro, DDD isn't really a bad match up for Kirby. Just play patient and don't rush in with aerials or you'll get shield grabbed.

IMO Kirby doesn't even have any "bad" match ups in this game.
yea i guess you're right. its just hard to get in close range with him. especially with ddd and his hammer and waddle dees. if you got any tips, i'd really appreciate it.

kirbies worst matchup, and its pretty bad, is G&W.

believe it.
yea it is. i hate fighting him. maybe i'll use pikachu against him instead.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
yea it is. i hate fighting him. maybe i'll use pikachu against him instead.
Also a very bad matchup. Try Marth. It's an even matchup if you play really campy and up B out of shield a lot (and side B out of shield on the laggier moves).

And counter that bair everytime you see it. You don't predict the bair, you wait until you see the bair and then counter on reaction.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Also a very bad matchup. Try Marth. It's an even matchup if you play really campy and up B out of shield a lot (and side B out of shield on the laggier moves).

And counter that bair everytime you see it. You don't predict the bair, you wait until you see the bair and then counter on reaction.
i hate marth. i think he's the 2nd gayest character in the game (with ddd being the 1st.) and i never really liked him. i thought that roy shouldve returned, not him. but thats beside the point. i know he can counter it game and watch's turtle and other attacks, but i don't use him. i'm gonna have to see how i can work with kirby and pikachu to deal with game and watch and every other broken character (that fat penguin). but thanx for the advice though. i'll have to figure this out on my own.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
If you knew anything about the amazingness of Roy and the gayness of Marth at all then you'd understand why it should have happened.

<3 Gabe

*troll troll troll*
quoted for truth. that aside, i'll find a way around that fat penguin and game and watch.

Matt2

Smash Cadet
hey not sure if I will attend this tourney but I am moving to Florida on Wednesday and will looking to smash with some good players! just seeing where I can find get together and stuff.

Top Bottom