• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/03/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Back 2 Melee 09

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i was going to come after work, but I was too **** tired. I wanted to show you all my shiz like falco... its amazing.

Zone

Smash Champion
@SheerMadness: Wow... sorry that happened to you. I enjoyed my friendlies vs you greatly. I played falcon/Zelda/Marth/Fox with you. Mostly on that craptastic T.V. where it look like we were playing Melee on a super Nintendo.

@Chaddd: Last time I played you I got 4 stocked. This time it was not so bad. Until I changed to Fox lol. Overall this tournament showed me My real main. Even though I try to deviate from Zelda, and play high tiers I keep having to resort back to my roots.

@Raistlin: My first experience with you like 2 or 3 years ago. I beat you in first round of the brackets. And you didn't even shake my hand. So I was automatically expecting you to be somewhat the same attitude. But thankfully you weren't. GG's ***** us on our own counterpick lol.

@Project: Funny games, I had fun. Keep working on that falcon!!

@FullMetal: So we finally play, I normally do really good against Marths with Zelda, but I think I was being a little too aggressive. Next time I see you, lets have a real money match :D Zelda vs Marth. I do best when it's a money match.

@DJNintendo: You definantely drank that syrup. @.@; I'll see what I can do about RoM 2. No promises. Just because I make alot of money doesn't Mean I don't have bills, and would like to make smart money decisions. Just because I can afford a 800 dollar plane ticket, doesn't mean I want to spend it lol.

@Hungry: Thanks for letting me stay at your place so many times. And about that friend thing, Although like you said, you may never know. You'll always know for sure, when it's a true friend. A real friend will go out of their way to help you, just to help you w/o a reward, when this happens consecutively enough you will KNOW. I don't believe it's a never know.

@ColBol: You have the best attitude when it comes to Smash, Right up there with Shiz, and I'd put Kyle in this group too. Just from my observations of how you handle wins/losses. You and shiz have some of the best attitudes, and I believe that will get you really far in not just smash, but anything unrelated to smash.

@Toobz: I know, I always play like I don't care that much in tournament, I'll try to change that soon.

@GreenMario: wtf why brown?! False advertisement. I want my money back.

@Anyone else I played at friendlies, Fun stuff. ^^

Zoro

Smash Champion
BTW uuaa when u want to buy tickets do this

Originally Posted by Kasht
I booked 8 plane tickets for my players in Puerto Rico who are attending Pound 4, so we have 8 players confirmed. BTW, I dont play Smash, but I am the person who makes all the travel arrangements for the PR players (FAST1, Genesis, etc...)

While doing this, I requested an EVENT CODE with Airtran Airways for all the out-of-state players flying into BWI to attend the event. This EVENT CODE will give you a 10% discount on your fare, without taxes. I encourage everybody to use this code as I need to meet a number of people using the code, otherwise I have to pay for the difference.

Anyhow, here is what you have to do:

• See if your departing airport can fly Airtran here: http://www.airtran.com/cities/index_destinations.aspx
  • Contact the AirTran Airways EventSavers Desk at 1-866-68EVENT (1-866-683-8368) for reservations.
  • Provide the following Event Code: BWI011510
  • Provide the following Event Name: Pound 4
  • Provide the flight details or ask the customer rep to help you find the cheapest rate.
  • Once the cheapest rate is found, they will apply a 10% discount on the fare.
  • Provide payment info to customer rep
  • Enjoy your 10% discount!!!

If someone has any questions dont hesitate to ask me. Also, if someone needs help with finding flights or paying for it, let me know and I can probably assist.

Thanks.

Kasht

P.S. Can someone update the first post with the AirTran fare discount info?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
@ColBol: You have the best attitude when it comes to Smash, Right up there with Shiz, and I'd put Kyle in this group too. Just from my observations of how you handle wins/losses. You and shiz have some of the best attitudes, and I believe that will get you really far in not just smash, but anything unrelated to smash.
You're right, they're too good. Never seen either one of them ever get mad when they lose. Wish all smashers were like them, myself included. I get mad occasionally too.

Zone yah good matches that laggy *** TV definitely makes for interesting matches. Definitely the best Zelda I've played against too.

I wonder if soft will respond and try to justify his actions? Anyway his Marth friend (fullmetal I think?) seemed like a nice kid. I had a lot of fun matches with him.

DarkSonic I told you we go even in friendlies!!! I'm like 12 times worse of a player in tourney than I am in friendlies.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
no matter how bad her face might be she could just stay like that with the whole get up ...

But without the panties

That would be legit.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
yo Sheer you shoulda punched the man.

I would have, with you.

Wheres another real goon when you need one...I woulda so egg'ed you on.

"Bet YOU WON'T HIT 'em SHEErR!!!! BETCHU WON'T!!!!"....*5secpausetowait*..."Cuz Im ABout To Hit 'em!!!!"

xD I so would have such a legit reason to punch a guy at a smash tourney. Lol I woulda been soooo pisseed!!! xD im excited this happened I hope somethin like this happens again lol

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I had fun at this. Was nice to see everyone again after such a long time. I'm going to try and play at least once a month now. School and stuff is really getting in the way, so unfortunately, I get to play once a month, twice if lucky.

Shoutouts

White Bread: Thanks for the ride.

Raistlin: Well, this is the 2nd time you've helped me out majorly at a tournament. I definitely owe you big time. Thanks so much for everything, you have a beastly house lol

Rock Crock: I had hella fun doing teams friendlies with you at Pats. Was nice playing with you for the first time in like a year lol You're way too good.

Renth: Was great seeing you at this man, sucks you lost to Soft like that, but oh well, its all good. Nice playing with you too =)

Chad: I really enjoyed playing with you and talking with you, dude. You're a really genuine guy, and I hope to see you at more tourneys =P

Harriet: Magikarp, use your splash attack!

VGmaster: We didn't talk much, but I saw your doc, it was looking pretty beast. I saw you had a pretty close tourney set with a friend of mine from Tampa, good stuff man. We'll have to actually play a whole game next time lol

Bifocals: You're always full of random information, lol. Was nice talking to you man, maybe we can play some CS when I get a new computer.

Scar!: My first team mate. Its been two years and we've both improved so much. You're a beast man, I wish we could have done some teams like old times, you know? =P I'll get at you about SPOC btw, I'm still interested.

DJ: Hey man, I was surprised to see you at this. Thats really unfortunate what happened in tourney bro, but seriously, don't worry about what dumb people say, its all garbage man. You know you're amazing, I know you're amazing, and the tons of other people that know you, know you're amazing. Thats all that should matter really.

I'll hit you up about RoM2 man, it would be awesome if i could swing by.

Action: Thanks for recording my matches, I apreciate it.

Phanna: Same as above. Thanks for contributing to my match count. We didn't play at this! =/

Pengie: Hey man, sorry I couldn't give you a good set. I hadn't played all day and I was really off my game. You got smarter though since we played at FG, so good stuff :) Try not to fsmash so much, and work on spacing your lasers if you can.

Also, slayer is way too good :laugh:

Juan: Thanks for the housing man, I had a blast. You're a great guy.

Fermin: Was nice talking to you. The bass is way too awesome haha. Hope you liked Amon Amarth, they're great! =)

QDVS: Man, I need to get better at marth dittos, and I think you're the person I should be doing it with. I had fun playing you, I wish we could have played more though. See you next time ;)

Everyone I played with: Good matches, keep going to tourneys and contributing to the community.

Swoozie: Way to get my hopes up man :(:(:(:(

I'm forgetting people, but I'll probably add them. If you want a shout out and know you should be on this list, let me know!

Frames

DI
if it aint finch its playing friendlies =D

shoutouts to evan, chopz, dj, colbol, queen (high as a kite! LOL), scar, and the rest

truegamer where u @

done

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
This was definitely a fun tournament. I played like sh*t in singles but oh well, it happens. After the tournament at Denny's was too good. I'll put the footage and the pictures I took from my camera on Facebook & YouTube when I return home tomorrow. Thanks for all the shoutouts everyone. I miss ya already (PB&J, Chops, Colbol, Frames, Uuaa, Legion, and some others. I'll be back in the South soon. Quite possibly for a Georgia tournament at the end of the month.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i see how it is...no uuaa :( :( :( :( :(
hey hey, i was at church and i rushed through everything! uuaa you know i <3 ya.
same goes for queen, rockcrock, harriet, legion, etc!

still busy but <3

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
This was definitely a fun tournament. I played like sh*t in singles but oh well, it happens. After the tournament at Denny's was too good. I'll put the footage and the pictures I took from my camera on Facebook & YouTube when I return home tomorrow. Thanks for all the shoutouts everyone. I miss ya already (PB&J, Chops, Colbol, Frames, Uuaa, Legion, and some others. I'll be back in the South soon. Quite possibly for a Georgia tournament at the end of the month.
dang son i miss you too. it was a blast. yeah put those videos up i want to see wat i missed on and put up the pictures we took all together at the end.

if it aint dj nintendo missing us, its definitely him living here with us. hahaah

- uuaa

Ladyuuaa

Smash Cadet
hey hey, i was at church and i rushed through everything! uuaa you know i <3 ya.
same goes for queen, rockcrock, harriet, legion, etc!

still busy but <3
Love ya too SleepyK! See ya at Pound hehe. (Or sooner..>>..<<..never know lol)

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone. I don't know what my problem is. I just burn out too quick on this game. After doubles I was pretty much done. :/ Guess I only have patience to do one event. Singles was awesome, I just get aggravated at not being able to play at me best.

GGs to everyone in my brackets, GGs to everyone who played friendlies though. This tourney was too much fun!

Also, anyone know when the brackets are going to be put up?

Linguini

Smash Master
Had a great time, got to play alot of peeps.

Shiz, you got me this time, but the next set is my turn.

Shoutouts to all the doods that were at aasems, haha that **** was too fun.

Renth

Smash Hero
Real Shout outs:

@ Raistlin/Javier - Thanks for the rides and putting up with me trying to figure out plans. - Mad love.

@ RockCrock - You're too good watching you play today was fun to watch, you've been helping me out a lot.

@ VGMastaRicky - Good Work you're going to be good.

@ Harriet Tha Snipahhh - You'reee sooo good

@ Linguini - We talked more than played gotta get the matches in, you've always been mad cool to me.

@ Chaddd - Always nice to see you and Mike we've got to hang out more often.

@ Full Metal - We had a lot of fun talking thanks for everything.

@ Soft - I'm not going to complain about your playstyle - our set was mad close and you pulled through.

@ DaShizWiz - Love you and your brothers Bronson.

@ PB&J/UUAAA - Thanks for the friendlies at the start I needed to get warmed up.

@ Scar - It's been a long time and it was a lot of fun, atleast someone in Pennsylvania knows i'm alive lol.

@ Hungrybox/Col Bol - Love you guys didn't get any games in though s'all good.

@ Phanna - Always fun to see you.

@ Action ******* - Thanks for the interview and hanging out.

I'm sure i'm missing people as usualll

it was great to see everyone again.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Actually I do have a little PSA I would like to give:

If you're not going to enter the tournament then don't come. There were WAY too many people there that just sat on TVs and played friendlies the whole time and not enough setups, which meant that the people who actually came and entered the tournament couldn't warm up or play the people they actually wanted, because every TV had a line of scrubs that don't think they're good enough to "waste" money on entering.

If you want to wait until you feel like you're good enough to enter then you're never going to enter or be good. If you aren't competing then you aren't adding anything to anyone's tournament experience so don't come. If you just want to play friendlies then do it with your friends at their houses, don't waste space at a tournament.
Finch, you were there?? If I'd known I wanted to fight you. You were the very first dude I ever fought at a tourney venue of anykind. Hbox's house. I was the asian dude with the red headband.

I have entered tourney's b4. However, if I feel like my forearms are crampy or flimsy, no competing for me.
HOWEVERRR, I do bring a set up. So I'm not dead weight, I'm a propeller. haha

Lady uuaa? Related to uuaa? Were you the one who commented on my box of "tissues"?

And who was the Luigi dude that played "with the heart of the cards" again?

toobz, your brother *****. Tell him that. NAO

nicaboy

Smash Champion
i guess. i mean good **** for Dark sonic and Raistlin for taking them out...but yes it was a disapointment x.x

- uuaa
Ya it is but good **** to the guys who did!

GG's to all.

uuaa and PBnJ on Pokefloats.

DJ Nintendo and our $1 MM Bowser Ditto

Zone for being a cool teammate

Phanna for the ride, Uber Ice for letting stay the night and Shiz for having to play me first round in singles after I called that was gonna happen in the car ride there.

Good ****, can't wait to play you all again.
your a ho for not taking me. ssh ho!!! jp jp

Btw was there pools for this?

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
There was no pools.

Oh, yeah. renth, I want to challenge you sometime. You're good with ganon, right?
(I going to make it a habit to fight people more experienced/better than me)
What do u look like?

Ladyuuaa

Smash Cadet
Lady uuaa? Related to uuaa? Were you the one who commented on my box of "tissues"?
Not related. Im uuaa's GF. and yeah lol QDVS and I were wondering what was the box of tissues were for. Like for the losers tears or something XDD

Always come prepare.

Like me giving DaShizWiz some tylenol for his headache lol Hope you're feeling better ^^

Top Bottom