• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/03/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Back 2 Melee 09

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
Renth, scar, plus interview videos are going to be up later this evening. Scar just gave me every recording match from gigs...other than that, stay tuned
good **** actionb. i wish the match was recorded with comentary but oh well.. hope to see those vids up within the week. and our interview video outside lol

- uuaa

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Tournament videos recorded on TV3 are going up starting now in the order they were recorded. If you want music, play your own :p

http://www.youtube.com/dphanna

Edit: if you see something awesome worthy of a video mash-up please make a comment on YouTube, it really helps me out a lot!

PS if you haven't seen my other recent mash-ups, check them out in my channel. Lots more coming too ;)

Edit again: a lot of my Brawl subscribers zero-bomb melee tournament videos btw, so if you see that maybe give it an up-vote lol

Finch

Smash Lord
Actually I do have a little PSA I would like to give:

If you're not going to enter the tournament then don't come. There were WAY too many people there that just sat on TVs and played friendlies the whole time and not enough setups, which meant that the people who actually came and entered the tournament couldn't warm up or play the people they actually wanted, because every TV had a line of scrubs that don't think they're good enough to "waste" money on entering.

If you want to wait until you feel like you're good enough to enter then you're never going to enter or be good. If you aren't competing then you aren't adding anything to anyone's tournament experience so don't come. If you just want to play friendlies then do it with your friends at their houses, don't waste space at a tournament.

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
Tournament videos recorded on TV3 are going up starting now in the order they were recorded. If you want music, play your own :p

http://www.youtube.com/dphanna
Phanna is too good. already putting up videos the next day. If it aint phanna, its done.

If you're not going to enter the tournament then don't come. There were WAY too many people there that just sat on TVs and played friendlies the whole time and not enough setups, which meant that the people who actually came and entered the tournament couldn't warm up or play the people they actually wanted, because every TV had a line of scrubs that don't think they're good enough to "waste" money on entering.

If you want to wait until you feel like you're good enough to enter then you're never going to enter or be good. If you aren't competing then you aren't adding anything to anyone's tournament experience so don't come. If you just want to play friendlies then do it with your friends at their houses, don't waste space at a tournament.
I super agree with Finch...but will feel bad when i dont have money to enter :(

- uuaa

Zoro

Smash Champion

You are right but..no money man
A gathering of alot of good people doesnt happen very often so poor people gotta take advantage ya know
I THINK if people want to play friendlies without entering they should bring THEIR OWN tvs like i do.

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice

You are right but..no money man
A gathering of alot of good people doesnt happen very often so poor people gotta take advantage ya know
I THINK if people want to play friendlies without entering they should bring THEIR OWN tvs like i do.

lol tru that. even though there was barely any space x.x we shouldve used silver mines again.. that wouldve helped

- uuaa

skrach8

Smash Lord
good matches to everyone...

good job to colin and juan, i dont know who won but good job

scar ur a cool dude. i owe u five!

good **** the dudes that chilled last night.

till next time b!tches

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
good matches to everyone...

good job to colin and juan, i dont know who won but good job

scar ur a cool dude. i owe u five!

good **** the dudes that chilled last night.

till next time b!tches

Colbol won. 3-0'd hbox x.x

nice seeing you again as always lol

- uuaa

황미영

Smash Champion
I'd have to disagree with Finch, if the people who are in the tourney and want some warm up rounds they could at least tell people who are playing friendlies to let them have a turn too. Also, friendlies at a tournament is good for practice, I have almost no one that lives by me who is as good as you people. Going here is great practice. A;so, notice that the people at Gigs were the ones to say that the back was were friendlies was being held. :/

Also, Finch, wanna MM sometime, I mean I am a scrub and all so it's basically free money.

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to disagree with Finch, if the people who are in the tourney and want some warm up rounds they could at least tell people who are playing friendlies to let them have a turn too. Also, friendlies at a tournament is good for practice, I have almost no one that lives by me who is as good as you people. Going here is great practice. A;so, notice that the people at Gigs were the ones to say that the back was were friendlies was being held. :/

i agree with you too -looks a bit back at zoro's post-

even though it was frustrating not being able to get so many friendlies in due to the capacity in the room it WAS a good chance to be there and at least play good ppl. im being unbiased so both sides of the arguements are true.

- uuaa

Pi

Smash Hero

Sorry dood but ima do whatever is gonna help me get better
weather or not I have money to enter the tournament
I'm still gonna come and try to get matches in with more diverse players
if you wanna grab next i would never think twice about saying yes
but aside from that im gonna try to get mine

Finch

Smash Lord
There are always going to be people who come to a tournament and don't enter, but the amount of people there who did this was really ridiculous for such a small venue. Also money johns are bull****. We have 1 or 2 melee tournaments a month in FL. Singles is 10-15$. If you can't save money for that then you just don't care about smash enough. This was a really great tournament but it would have been even better if I got to play friendlies with the players who I never get to see because they're in SFL or Georgia or whatever, but most people weren't even trying to play friendlies because it was way too crowded.

Also, Finch, wanna MM sometime, I mean I am a scrub and all so it's basically free money.
Anytime.

Edit: something else to consider. A lot of tournaments have door fees because of the people that just come to play friendlies and not enter. Gigs doesn't do this, they just take the door fee out of our 15$ singles entrance. So basically I helped pay for all the ****s that just hogged TVs all night without paying gigs at all.

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
There are always going to be people who come to a tournament and don't enter, but the amount of people there who did this was really ridiculous for such a small venue. Also money johns are bull****. We have 1 or 2 melee tournaments a month in FL. Singles is 10-15$. If you can't save money for that then you just don't care about smash enough. This was a really great tournament but it would have been even better if I got to play friendlies with the players who I never get to see because they're in SFL or Georgia or whatever, but most people weren't even trying to play friendlies because it was way too crowded.

Anytime.

-steps back- .... xDD

-uuaa

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
0) I'm upset I couldn't make this
1) Finch is right!
2) s0ft is mad gay
3) Shiz is too good!
4) COLIN BALLIN - sorry if the shirt is a little sticky
5) Chops 2gud
6) chaddd 2gud

Ladyuuaa

Smash Cadet
It's Christine/Coco for those who met me at Gigs ^^

Requesting action B vs Scar plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lol
lol you would request that. You should of seen Actions reaction XDD
Action was like Scar's secret stalker for the day XDD

Ladyuuaa

Smash Cadet
Too bad I couldn't join this time around, but it was extremely fun!
Teams friendlies with Scar at hbox's and gigs was hilarious. And yes! Im peach I can save you Scar! lol Wish we could of done more friendlies

Dtorr - pulling the nasties on me! I was scared XDD

Action - Did you get enough Scar videos? lol

PB&J - too good with uuaa in teams. You guys were close to beating Colin and Chops.

DJNintendo - "Oh Mario! Oh yes! What a doctor Mario!" XDD I missed your bowser plushie when I went to bed XDD

HBOX - Dont sweat you'll get Colin next time

Im lazy so everyone else good stuff!
Hope you're all going to Winterfest! Im bringing a camera to take pictures as usual!

-Coco

Zoro

Smash Champion
I wish i didnt live in the middle of nowhere...
Smash is like 20 mins in either direction from me

actually thats not far at all lol
but no job , toll money and gas already emptied my wallet

I want to play alot more
this gigs motivated me to get ready for pound
I need to get consistent

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/user/jamesokonomi

Subscribe and wait, ja?

oh and keep in mind that some vids are a little bright, some of them not.
I tried my best to position my laptop, but next time, I should have a webcam and the likes installed. Also, the mojo vs renth match is not going to be posted due to a bad cam position where one will watch the upper part of the stage. If renth still wants that match up then I'll post it.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
GG's to all.

uuaa and PBnJ on Pokefloats.

DJ Nintendo and our $1 MM Bowser Ditto

Zone for being a cool teammate

Phanna for the ride, Uber Ice for letting stay the night and Shiz for having to play me first round in singles after I called that was gonna happen in the car ride there.

Good ****, can't wait to play you all again.

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
I wish i didnt live in the middle of nowhere...
Smash is like 20 mins in either direction from me

actually thats not far at all lol
but no job , toll money and gas already emptied my wallet

I want to play alot more
this gigs motivated me to get ready for pound
I need to get consistent
yes!1 and guess wat son?? i got my money yesterday so we can plan on getting the tickets for pound4!!!!!

- uuaa

Vijin

Smash Ace
Callin out SOFT. I asked the kid if I could get next when there was only 2 people at the TV and he said no (yes he was serious too). Who the hell does that?
wow, that's weak. I can't believe someone would say no when asking if you could jump in. Major BS
Yeah, F being polite. Anyone who tries to deny me a friendly so they can keep playing is simply going to get their controller unplugged.

Truuaa

Smash Apprentice
GG's to all.

uuaa and PBnJ on Pokefloats.

DJ Nintendo and our $1 MM Bowser Ditto

Zone for being a cool teammate

Phanna for the ride, Uber Ice for letting stay the night and Shiz for having to play me first round in singles after I called that was gonna happen in the car ride there.

Good ****, can't wait to play you all again.

yeah that was a funny match lol. i wanted to go falco badly but you guys decided to go pokefloats so i was like...yeah ill stay fox :(

- uuaa

Top Bottom