• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Cort, you're not going?! Aw man, you're going to be missed, my friend. Also, Oklahoma is looking about one or two peeps short for crews.

Any takers of somewhat decent skill available? We're really nice people, I swear.

me and my friend are down, were preety decent, I main sheik and he mains marth, hit me up

emerican

Smash Ace
Just a quick question out of curiousity: how did Taj not land himself a top seed in his own pool, but rather a 2nd seed in PC's #4 pool? In more than half the pools published, Taj could and would justifiably deserve the top seed. He's more than proven his talent, and really is Too Good. Just sayin', it seems odd he wouldn't be in his own pool at a first seed when there are at around 32 1st-round pools running.

King Out
yeh i was wondering that myself king... PC and Taj = death pool. but i guess Tio is "random".. just about as random as manacloud and Thomasexy having complete no-namers in their pools.

BTW, not sure if marth/falco pro signed himself up at "Connor" but hes in my pool and im pretty sure he said hes not going anymore.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
yeh i was wondering that myself king... PC and Taj = death pool. but i guess Tio is "random".. just about as random as manacloud and Thomasexy having complete no-namers in their pools.

BTW, not sure if marth/falco pro signed himself up at "Connor" but hes in my pool and im pretty sure he said hes not going anymore.
thomassexy has mikemonkey, in which is really good. I don't know what your talking about but I dont think you know how good certain people really are until you play them. Everyone is **** good.

ANYWAYS, IF ANYONE HAS ANY TV's CUBES VCRs they can bring Please bring them!!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
what?

theres motels, but idk if you would want to go there
lol , the washington guys are at the motel near the venue and they say its really nice, with a food court , a target, and other stores in walking distance to the venue. so yes get a motel if u need one.

As for the pools tio works in many ways. And it randomizes. Just because someone doesnt have a name in this community doesnt mean they are not great players from another state.

Ill give you an example, vegas players are going this year to oc3, more than last year, just because you get sk92 in your pool he might sound like a noob, but ive played him at one of my bi weeklies and hes really good. meaning everyone has a tough pool. Reputation in this community doesnt mean anything but your flaunting yourself.Plus its first round pools.

also t shirts are done if you havent noticed. I only have 37 left who wants one !!!

expect many upsets at oc3 because those you thought were good in your community, might lose to someone crappy in another community.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice

i doubt that Connor is still going.. i remember him saying that $75 wasn't worth it and that he'd rather spend that money on "something that will last a while.. like a game"... that little punk XD

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
memories are priceless ex dee

EDIT: buy a game later amirite?

this is kinda a one time thing

or a... three time thing... so far... >_>;;;;;;

but maybe the last melee oc tourney haha

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace

I have Gojira and Delphiki in my pool too. Mike Monkey is one of Canada's best. I didn't see Mana's pool. I just quickly glanced through everyone else's. Why would I, or anyone, care about someone else's pool THAT MUCH? I didn't search through everyone else's pools trying to come up with conspiracy theories, but I did see other pools that were much easier and some that were much harder but I don't care. That's why it's random. That's why it's POOLS and not BRACKETS. It would be much better if you pointed out things like this with the intent of being HELPFUL, not SARCASTIC.

The 0c3 staff is trying their best to put out a great tournament for the community. So please, don't make it harder on them by trying to create conspiracy theories or making sarcastic remarks. If you don't like it, don't go.

And I think calling Mike Monkey, Gojira, and Delphiki no-namers is a complete insult to them. I would feel offended if I paid $75.00 and some one was insulting me like that.

Just be helpful. Don't be sarcastic. I mean this in the nicest of ways.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

i doubt that Connor is still going.. i remember him saying that $75 wasn't worth it and that he'd rather spend that money on "something that will last a while.. like a game"... that little punk XD
connors so going to miss out. First off its not everyday u get to see bombsoldier or disc san. Second if u split up the tournament into 3 days for 75 its 25 a day with two meals a day which is half that price meaning the tournament each day would be around 10 bucks.

personally when i first started smash i paid 50 for entry and people had 50 dollar money matches. Hell my first moneymatch was 50 and my 2nd one was 200 dollars. 50 being against matt deezie, and 200 against recipherus. Smash has seriously gone down hill because people dont want to fork out money to play competitively. How i see it it comes down to how good are you, for connor hes not that great so he thinks hes going to lose if he goes meaning hell lose 75 dollars. The experience is more important imo. However, for someone good 75 bucks is a chance to win the bigger pot prizes being first place ,2nd and so forth.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
lol , the washington guys are at the motel near the venue and they say its really nice, with a food court , a target, and other stores in walking distance to the venue. so yes get a motel if u need one.

As for the pools tio works in many ways. And it randomizes. Just because someone doesnt have a name in this community doesnt mean they are not great players from another state.

Ill give you an example, vegas players are going this year to oc3, more than last year, just because you get sk92 in your pool he might sound like a noob, but ive played him at one of my bi weeklies and hes really good. meaning everyone has a tough pool. Reputation in this community doesnt mean anything but your flaunting yourself.Plus its first round pools.

also t shirts are done if you havent noticed. I only have 37 left who wants one !!!

expect many upsets at oc3 because those you thought were good in your community, might lose to someone crappy in another community.
Thanks manacloud:)

jugfingers

Smash Champion
K I have an important question. Im just coming down for the singles toruney and my flight gets in at 11:58 AM so is singles gonna be for sure after 5-6pm or is it gonna be after the doubles. I PM'd ken with the flight info but I'm just wondering if I don't can't get picked up should take a taxi right away to the tourney or will Ihave time to take like a public transit bus somewhere near there and then just walk or something. anyone know how much it costs to take a taxi from LAX to the venue

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
oh yeah I forgot
Anyone wanna draft me for crews?
PM me and Ill send some vids.
Maybe for doubles too

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
$.$ O.o $200 money match? wow.. that's crazy.. these days, i see people moneymatching for only a few dollars.. i think the most i've seen is $5

but yeah, i agree with everything you said Mana.. $75 for a great experience is way more than worth it

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
jugfingers what day are you heading down on? The schedule is on the first page, singles is pretty tentative. Just know it'll start near or at the end of doubles

araknophobik

Smash Master

i agree as well...
kira's pool only has tang and gimpyfish in it
although all talented players, iono if they deserve the top seed when taj and pc are in the same pool

it's w/e to me though because at FC i was in a pool with m2k and watty first round so my OC pool is nothing to complain about =]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i will laugh my *** off when manacloud doesn't make it out of his absurdly easy pool.

edit: which would be because manacloud isn't good -- i figured i'd write that because i don't think he would understand the statement otherwise.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

i will laugh my *** off when manacloud doesn't make it out of his absurdly easy pool.

edit: which would be because manacloud isn't good -- i figured i'd write that because i don't think he would understand the statement otherwise.
I've accomplished more in this community in tournaments than you ever have plainrk.
if you arent going to oc3 dont post as if you are apart of it. This is the first warning.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace

hmmm $5 best of 5 Money match?

~Gojira

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Repeat: What days are available to spend the night at the venue? If Sunday night is not an option, does anyone have a place where we can stay, like a hotel room that can fit 4 more people (we'll help pay for the night)?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure someone already brought it up in this thread, but I'd like to personally confirm that I'm not coming to OC3 because of problems with my job. I apologize for any trouble I might've caused by canceling this close to the tournament.
Hopefully I'll get to meet you all somehwere in the near future.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Plairnkk didn't post as if he was a part of it >_> he just insulted you really bad. By the way, from the FC vids he looks better then you do, manacloud.

Good luck to everyone

Ps. I would find it funny too when manacloud doesn't make it out of pools.

edit: I was gonna put something nice here about how awesome this tourny was gonna be and how awesome the videos would be... but you're not making them free. >_<

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I've accomplished more in this community in tournaments than you ever have plainrk.
if you arent going to oc3 dont post as if you are apart of it. This is the first warning.
you've played for what, 5 years? and i've played for 1 and a half, tops? i've beaten 9-10 of the top 25 players in the country in tourney, while you've...done what? let chu carry you through MLG in teams?

congrats.

anywhom thanks jacobbrhpc, you're infinitely right that i'm better than manacloud.

hey manacloud are u coming to super champ combo cuz if u are ill MM u for $100 to try to make some of the smashers money back that ur making from this tournament. =)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Plairnkk, your crazy but it cracks me up, lol! I'd like to see that money match though. The jokes and warnings would stop, or at least one of the two will.

Arash

Smash Lord
friday saturday night and sunday until like 4 AM we can stay at the venue

there are several food places nearby, some fast food, some sit down restaurants, a target, a library with internet, and a movie theater, among other things... all within like 15 mins walking of the venue.

also, to all those complaining about 1st round pools: it's 1st round pools, and like we've said at least 4 times, the order players are listed in is NOT indicative of what seed they are in the pool. About things like PC and taj being in the same pool, you all act as if it were top 2 advancing, which i assure you is NOT the case. if this were a bracket and say chu_dat was fighting cactuar 1st round, then yes there would be reasonable complaints, but these are round robin pools where everything past the 1st pool is seeded solely on prior performance and home region.

i guess the point is, if someone is good, they'll advance for sure; if someone sucks and got an easy pool, they'll be knocked out of the next pools...

oh and plairnkk, last time someone doubted mike's skill was MLG vegas 2006, and i think he has proven himself sufficiently, most notably taking out azen and chillin 2v1 at the end of a match, but what do i know right? if you're better, then money match him at super champ combo, it's a free $100, right?

lastly, i'm sure ken doesn't appreciate such junk in his thread, so let's just focus on the fact that this is TOMORROW and i'm not going to get any sleep:(

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure someone already brought it up in this thread, but I'd like to personally confirm that I'm not coming to OC3 because of problems with my job. I apologize for any trouble I might've caused by canceling this close to the tournament.
Hopefully I'll get to meet you all somehwere in the near future.
Awe, too bad :(

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
friday saturday night and sunday until like 4 AM we can stay at the venue

there are several food places nearby, some fast food, some sit down restaurants, a target, a library with internet, and a movie theater, among other things... all within like 15 mins walking of the venue.

also, to all those complaining about 1st round pools: it's 1st round pools, and like we've said at least 4 times, the order players are listed in is NOT indicative of what seed they are in the pool. About things like PC and taj being in the same pool, you all act as if it were top 2 advancing, which i assure you is NOT the case. if this were a bracket and say chu_dat was fighting cactuar 1st round, then yes there would be reasonable complaints, but these are round robin pools where everything past the 1st pool is seeded solely on prior performance and home region.

i guess the point is, if someone is good, they'll advance for sure; if someone sucks and got an easy pool, they'll be knocked out of the next pools...

oh and plairnkk, last time someone doubted mike's skill was MLG vegas 2006, and i think he has proven himself sufficiently, most notably taking out azen and chillin 2v1 at the end of a match, but what do i know right? if you're better, then money match him at super champ combo, it's a free $100, right?

lastly, i'm sure ken doesn't appreciate such junk in his thread, so let's just focus on the fact that this is TOMORROW and i'm not going to get any sleep:(
The complaint is NOT about whether or not taj and pc, or any other good players in tough pools for that matter, will make it out of their first pools.

The concern is that when say a player like Drephen gets a first seed in his pool (like he should) yet still ends up playing with taj in round 2 of pools when taj ideally should have been a 1st seed in a completely different pool had he been seeded correctly, it can be kind of unfair. Or how about the other scenario. Someone breezes through an easy pool and gets a 1st seed when he didn't really deserve it, and elsewhere you got another guy who breezed through and got 2nd. We'll have stacked pools ala FC 3. Some unbelievably hard, and some ridiculously easy.

What's done is done you know, but I'm just making a case by saying this is all avoidable. That is all.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

well we all dont appreciate such junk as manacloud in the smash community. so who's the real victim here?
2nd warning, stay out of this thread. We didnt go to your thread to cause spam and useless trash talk when it happened. This thread is meant to inform people of information not cause random trash talk. Keep talking and I will inform a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom