• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Taking pictures is fine so long as you don't use the "video" feature and record anything. As for flash photography, you probably shouldn't have the flash on, because matches are going on everywhere and it can be pretty distracting.

EDIT: lol @ firefalcoing, I should Gerudo Dragon you for that, for shame... go to gamefaqs and look up one of the 10 move list guides. lol

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like I'll be able to attend, missed out on 0C:2 because of scheduling. Registered today, looking forward to seeing everyone again. :chuckle:

Darkmusician

Smash Master
i'll challenge anyone to pokemon D/P right now

friend code = 2277 3567 7495
Ooooh. I just bought the adaptor for Wifi and I just realized that it won't work cause my PC is not Windows XP. T_T As soon as I figure out how to get wifi I will definately accept that challenge! Or I guess I could just go to a Mc Donalds...=w=

squaresoft714

Smash Rookie
Oc3 Prizes ! =)

so OC3 is coming uppp soon ! yay :laugh:

im FINALLY done with my part of the getting all the prizes ready before the tournament happens.

so here are some sneak peaks of how they look ;)

these are given to the winners of the crew battle
we got 6 just incase some people want a crew of 6 memebers

upclose version of the metals

this is THE FIRST place singles trophy ..
i think its kinda .. tall :urg:

and lastt of all

a bobomb, pokeball, and yellow yoshi egg
similarr to oc2 prizes.

hah, so yeah. see all of you in 2 weeks
- helen :)

SK92

Smash Journeyman
at this rate the poll is more on the regular crew battle, so i guess it midest well be stopped now because at this rate the regular crew battle is going to tower over the all character crew battle. THAT SUCKS!

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
OK three main questions I have:

1. Do we bring pillows/sleeping bags/towels/anything like that?

2. Will we have a place to store the stuff that we need to/want to bring?

3. Do we need to fill out those forms before we come or can we do it there?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
these have been answered before but ill do it again

OK three main questions I have:

2. Will we have a place to store the stuff that we need to/want to bring?

3. Do we need to fill out those forms before we come or can we do it there?
1. Alright first off the venue isnt a hotel, so dont expect it to be ran by one. Its just a warehouse that we manage to get the owner to let people sleep there by paying him extra money out of our pocket. A lot of smashers plan to come and smash for 3 days without showering. Thats fine for them so they dont need a shower etc. For those who want to shower we will have a motel ready in the morning ,meaning yes bring your own towel unless you want to shower without one. The venue doesn't have showers but they do have two bathrooms one for females and one for guys i think to do your other necessities like brushing your teeth or washing your hair. As for pillows,you do not have to bring one, but expect to sleep on hard concrete floors if you dont. The venue is a warehouse with additional rooms with carpet in some rooms. Meaning it is smart to bring atleast a pillow, inflatable matress if you want, or a sleeping bag, it will make your sleeping at the venue more pleasant then sleeping with nothing except on carpet or cold conrete. For a lot of smashers i know a good nights rest makes then perform better. You do not want to have sleeping as an excuse(johns) to why you didnt perform well.

2. yes you can store your stuff anywhere in the venue that is permissible. Just dont leave your stuff in the tournament area where we are setting up tvs etc. We will ask whos stuff is this then eventually throw it in one of the other rooms. In addition, the staff cannot always keep an eye on your stuff, meaning if you lose something valuable and its stolen we will not accomodate you with what you lost. There are always thieves at a huge setting like this, its happened mlg before as well. If you are planning to leave your stuff in a room keep all your valuables on you and keep your stuff in a corner you claim and constantly keep watch over it. DON'T BE LIKE MEW2KING and leave your backpack where people could steal it. Do not go flaunting your Nintendo DS, or 200 dollars you brought to people then expect it not to be stolen. Bring a packpack keep all your valuables in it and carry it around. As for luggage meaning clothing, nobodies going to bother with that so you can keep that in one of the rooms. I know I wouldnt want to steal your underwear or t shirts, unless i was really desperate. During the tournament hours we will have staff walk around to see any suspicious activity. So yes you can store your stuff ,but be careful of theft ,so keep money, and anything valuable on yourself.

AS for theft there is a zero policy on it. If people are caught stealing they will be arrested and sent to jail, we will notify the authorities. So please dont do it.

3. It is smart to fill out forms before u come here and just hand it to us when u are here. If you dont do that there will be forms available at the venue, however, it will make things run faster if u just fill it out in advance and hand it to us at the venue.

hope that helps.

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Yes thanks that helps. So there's no lockers or storage boxes you have behind the sign-in desk or locked rooms or anything like that to store anything?

Also, I couldn't find any information on this either so sorry if it's already been covered. The tournament ends midnight Sunday? So you guys and the staff are making multiple trips and dropping the airport people off at midnight?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

Yes thanks that helps. So there's no lockers or storage boxes you have behind the sign-in desk or locked rooms or anything like that to store anything?

Also, I couldn't find any information on this either so sorry if it's already been covered. The tournament ends midnight Sunday? So you guys and the staff are making multiple trips and dropping the airport people off at midnight?
thats right, there are no lockers and stuff. Its just a warehouse. The tournament does end sunday at midnight and we will always be busy dropping and picking people up. After the tournament ends sunday night i suggest people take that time at the venue to get in their last games of smash or sleep for the drive home. If your flying home you would probably be leaving around that time anyways. Before monday morning around 4 am we all gotta evacuate the venue. And that will sadly be the end of oc3, but lets not think about that just yet.

also THIS IS MADNESS.
No this is OC 300 !!!!!!!

weve finally hit the 300 mark and registration ends today. Meaning whoever registers from this point on will pay 100 dollars to participate at the tournament on the day of the event.

We have put up registration for months and it was free to register, even if u didnt plan to show on the day of the event it was wise to register. So now if you plan to go to oc3 expect entry fee to be 100 dollars to participate.

As for flight info please post your flight info. There is also a deadline and if you dont post it before that expect not to get picked up by us.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Someone should try to make some replicas of the trophies in Smash. If enough time was given, I think it'd be pretty cool to have character trophies for the best of characters. Or if there were an item tournament, capsules would be cool. Just a random thought.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer

we are still thinking this over but it is possible to have people put their valubles in a room and in order to access your things, you'll have to ask a staff to go in. That way, luggage won't take up space in the venue and people know where their things are.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I'm coming to the tournament guys!

I need a good partner for doubles. I main Ganon and am good at doubles. Anybody interested?

I really hope Ken is able to house the Canadians again :)

Joe Bushman: MM $20, best of 5, advanced slobs? $5 Ganon ditto MM, best of 3?

Atlus8

Smash Master
I guess, I can be your doubles partner. I can ask one of my friends, but I want to get to know other smashers around the world. Also, I would like a friendly gannon ditto.

Pillows! That's right. I'm glad someone metioned that. Everyone needs to have a good sleep.

SK92

Smash Journeyman

I need a good partner for doubles. I main Ganon and am good at doubles. Anybody interested?

im willing to take any challenges; its time to step up my game.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
:)

0c3 Registration Closes Tonight!! 11:59 pm

that means if you want to come to 0c3 after today, you'll have to pay $100 at the door. Better register NOW if you are coming!! 318 people signed up!!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord

I main jiggs and i'm a beast in teams. I'm down to team, let me know.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
boss where have you been

I main jiggs and i'm a beast in teams. I'm down to team, let me know.
hey i thought u and kira were partners? lol.

also do not forget the staff meeting this friday at 2 pm. It is mandatory so do not miss it. If you miss it we are going to be piss and i mean yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom