• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Emerican, sounds good. We'll just have to get in some friendlies teams matches to like get down each other's styles and work out some strats.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
hey i thought u and kira were partners? lol.

also do not forget the staff meeting this friday at 2 pm. It is mandatory so do not miss it. If you miss it we are going to be piss and i mean yes.
haha, yea i just sent you a message today. I have been super busy with the band, but anyway. Yea... everyone keeps saying kira has gone wayyy down hill and last i talked to him, he hadn't played for 3 weeks. I'll be there friday at 2, no worries. Lots to discuss. see you there!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I guess, I can be your doubles partner. I can ask one of my friends, but I want to get to know other smashers around the world. Also, I would like a friendly gannon ditto.

Pillows! That's right. I'm glad someone metioned that. Everyone needs to have a good sleep.
Ganon ditto's for sure. Who do u main Atlus8? Ganon goes good with a few chars moreso than others. I have most Exp. w/ falco, peach, and fox on my team.

or noobking... ganon/falcon = too good too!!!

OMAR!!! forget hugo... falcon + sheik = gg
you are going with Aftermath >.>

Hey Noob King. I think I'm going to this. Might want to double ganon. You game?
****! I'm SOOO tempted. But in the end double ganon loses =(. Lets play some matches at 0C3 =)

im willing to take any challenges; its time to step up my game.
By that did u mean you would like to team with me? :confused:

I main jiggs and i'm a beast in teams. I'm down to team, let me know.
You sound promising =) Lets also play matches at 0C3 =)

I don't mean to sound like a prick to anyone here... I'd just like to play a few rounds with all of you before I decide >.> even though that is a tad last minute.

my email is adambrown87@hotmail.com I have msn. add me guys :)

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I was wondering, is there any kind of housing list like last year? I don't mind where I go but I would just like to know if it's possible to know in advance so I can get information. Thanks.

EDIT

I mean for people that are flying in earlier than the tournament's dates for example.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I was wondering, is there any kind of housing list like last year? I don't mind where I go but I would just like to know if it's possible to know in advance so I can get information. Thanks.

EDIT

I mean for people that are flying in earlier than the tournament's dates for example.
did you find anyone to house you? because if you wanted to come in early, you were supposed to ask some socal people. we aren't housing anyone early this year, and people who fly in earlier are either supposed to find their own housing or motel.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
did you find anyone to house you? because if you wanted to come in early, you were supposed to ask some socal people. we aren't housing anyone early this year, and people who fly in earlier are either supposed to find their own housing or motel.
...on the registration page, it was asked if we needed housing, and how long we were planning to stay and etc. Plus, our flight is taking us to california early.

I guess we're ****ed.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
...on the registration page, it was asked if we needed housing, and how long we were planning to stay and etc. Plus, our flight is taking us to california early.

I guess we're ****ed.
I'll ask around to see if some people are able to house you guys.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
vodka you can sleep in the back of my truck, don't let my parents see you though

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'll be staying the week after OC3 to go to EVO west. If anyone in the area can provide housing for a day or two during the week, you'd sure make my wallet smile. I can do a pretty good jig, or whistle or something that will entertain you. Oh yeah, i also play smash. Any help is appreciated!:)

Eddie gives his stamp of approval on me, so you know i'm not a psycho. :chuckle:

petoo0

Smash Ace
Ganon ditto's for sure. Who do u main Atlus8? Ganon goes good with a few chars moreso than others. I have most Exp. w/ falco, peach, and fox on my team.

you are going with Aftermath >.>

****! I'm SOOO tempted. But in the end double ganon loses =(. Lets play some matches at 0C3 =)

By that did u mean you would like to team with me? :confused:

You sound promising =) Lets also play matches at 0C3 =)

I don't mean to sound like a prick to anyone here... I'd just like to play a few rounds with all of you before I decide >.> even though that is a tad last minute.

my email is adambrown87@hotmail.com I have msn. add me guys :)

Double Ganon is too good. Yea we can play a few before you decide. maybe got some team friendlies in.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
How many pools approximately are there going to be for singles.
And is it the top four people per pool that move on in the single's pools?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

How many pools approximately are there going to be for singles.
And is it the top four people per pool that move on in the single's pools?
i think were going to make top 3 or 2 advance not quite sure yet. If you havent noticed oc3 just broke 320 people. Thats so many.......

which means only one thing oc3 will be put down as having the most people in one setting at a major tournament =). Those who didnt sign up yet better do so now because your missing one of the grandest tournaments of this year.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
i think were going to make top 3 or 2 advance not quite sure yet. If you havent noticed oc3 just broke 320 people. Thats so many.......

which means only one thing oc3 will be put down as having the most people in one setting at a major tournament =). Those who didnt sign up yet better do so now because your missing one of the grandest tournaments of this year.
OVER 300 smashers in one place!
This will be marked as my greatest smash days of all time OC3.
Everybody who organized did a very good job.(Thanks)
I can't wait untill this day.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
So the registration ends with a wopping 328 smashers in at one event.
Hope that everyone showers before the events and uses deodorant.lol

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
hey, I'm trying to find out some contact information for Captain Jack. I'm assuming he's going to this so that's why I'm posting here. If anyone running the tournament could drop me an e-mail address, that'd be really really great. Right now I'm in Japan and trying to play a few people while I'm here. thanks everyone, sorry for the non-tournament-related post.

-fleurs

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

I'm too excited! It's 1:42 a.m and I can't go to sleep. OC3 is next Friday! I can't believe the attendies list exceeded 300!
only in socal.

ill repeat myself. This is madness.

NO, this is OC300!

holy crap the oc3 t shirt photoshop file has over 1000 layers. Its freezing as im drawing. Time to compress. Tshirts almost done.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
is it like first come first serve with bombsoldier, or is there already a line of people that want to play him already because im willing to do the twenty dollar thing and would want to play bombsoldier as soon as possible at OC3. So is there like a different thread where u register yourself to play bombsoldier?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

is it like first come first serve with bombsoldier, or is there already a line of people that want to play him already because im willing to do the twenty dollar thing and would want to play bombsoldier as soon as possible at OC3. So is there like a different thread where u register yourself to play bombsoldier?
in the beginning i will call out the highest donators first meaning guys who are willing to donate more than 20 dollars towards bombsoldiers cause. These guys will first have priority with bombsoldier.

then i will call out 25 dollar donations, for all those who are willing to give 5 more to bombsoldiers cause.

last i will do the 20 dollar a game donation.

If bombsoldier keeps playing then tells me hes tired and wants to quit everyone in line will not be able to fight him or not get a shot at him. Ever. So if you really want to play him then donate more. Otherwise just hope you are lucky.

Now lets say i call out highest donators and nobody wants to do it. Then a long line is going to form meaning if u get stuck in the far back, chances are you wont play him. To guarantee a spot at bombsoldier donate more.

Also as a respect to his privacy, meaning his strategies please do not go to your friends and discuss how you can beat bombsoldier in the tournament after playing him a couple of matches. You can learn how to fight him yourself but do not try to form some group discussing what he does so when the time pc chris plays him people are trying to give pc chris tips or something. This happens a lot, if it does at oc3. I am going to make playing bombsoldier private meaning the audience will not be able to watch just the player and bombsoldier. So respect these rules please. I will be more clear at the event.

Also lets say you dont want to donate towards bombsoldier and when hes walking around you ask him for friendlies just remember , hes japanese, hell just ignore you and walk away. In addition to this he knows about his flight being expensive, he knows about people wanting to help him and those are the only ones hes going to play. So if you really love bombsoldier , just donate to him its not much for a guy who lives on a farm and eats ice cream. Atleast make his stay in america one that he will remember. People may think this is stupid and for your own personal reasons keep it to yourself. I am not here to discuss what you dont like how things are done at oc3 and how people shouldnt pay to play people. Just remember you are the ones that are lucky being able to come to a tournament where japanese players are available. We go through hell just to get these guys here. Trust me. We would have even brought more over if people would just donate , but we all know where that went. Just into more arguments. So here we are now, and these are the rules just follow it. If you are going to complain which we have settled before this post then keep it out of this thread and to yourself and remember its a privilege not a right to play him.

T0MMY

Smash Master
What does the poll's data help determine? Which event will fill the available timeslot, or to see if there's a major difference in opinion on crews?
If it's the first reason, then even if it's %51 to %49 one will be replaced with the other. However, if it's the second then it'll show both events are about as popular as each other.

Personally, I think Regional Crews is a standard and shouldn't be replaced, but I voted for Character Crews because it's both a new event that's never been done before and can add to metagame mechanics like tier list and matchups making it almost a necessity, so it won my vote. But I hope one doesn't replace the other, I'd like to see both happen.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Registration is now Closed!!

at this point, the registration will still be opened but you will have to pay $100 at the door because you didn't register on July 10th or before.

Nealdt is currently away on a trip and cannot close registration for us :( boo hoo.

We will Print out Brackets/pools and make arrangements to buy all the food, tell the owner how many people are expected to sleep at the warehouse etc.

Thanks for Coming to 0c3, possibly thee biggest smash bros tournament of all time!! :)

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
if anyone from vegas sleeps at the venue, they are banned from all future tournaments :laugh:

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Noob King what i met by that is i would want to gannon ditto ur gannon.
Hell ya.

**** right.

OMG YOU'RE GOING

I LOVE YOU ADAM

I can't wait to hang out with you again, how long are you staying?
Wow Jason, you're so much more enthusiastic on the boards ^_^. I'd like to get housed with YOU if that's possible. I am arriving on the 20th, like shortly before the tournament starts, lol. I am leaving at 10AM on the 23rd. We are taking Greyhound. Add me on MSN!! adambrown87@hotmail.com

It's bound to be quite the adventure for the nose.
I laughed for a good 10 seconds after I thought about it xD

Manacloud: I'm preeetttttyy sure bombsoldier is gunna be like "ZOMG! it's NoobKing!... NoobKing!!!!" and then we'll just ***** a TV and play like 50 matches in a row.

All jokes aside. I'm a poor *** Canadian who's a full time student and is breaking his bank to come down here on a 36 hour Greyhound bus ride. I didn't have to pay to play any of the Japanese players while I was staying at Ken's house at 0C2. I suppose having bombsoldier come to this is a REAL treat and seeing as how you had to pay for him to come it makes sense to charge money for people to play him. $20 a match though x_x, for $20 I'd need a good 10-20 matches with the guy :p

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

Hell ya.

Wow Jason, you're so much more enthusiastic on the boards ^_^. I'd like to get housed with YOU if that's possible. I am arriving on the 20th, like shortly before the tournament starts, lol. I am leaving at 10AM on the 23rd. We are taking Greyhound. Add me on MSN!! adambrown87@hotmail.com

I laughed for a good 10 seconds after I thought about it xD

Manacloud: I'm preeetttttyy sure bombsoldier is gunna be like "ZOMG! it's NoobKing!... NoobKing!!!!" and then we'll just ***** a TV and play like 50 matches in a row.

All jokes aside. I'm a poor *** Canadian who's a full time student and is breaking his bank to come down here on a 36 hour Greyhound bus ride. I didn't have to pay to play any of the Japanese players while I was staying at Ken's house at 0C2. I suppose having bombsoldier come to this is a REAL treat and seeing as how you had to pay for him to come it makes sense to charge money for people to play him. $20 a match though x_x, for $20 I'd need a good 10-20 matches with the guy :p
We ran out of options. If everyone would just donate then we would have had enough easily to buy his tickets to bring him over. However everyone wants to be on the same boat as you wanting to play him but not caring what efforts it took to get him here. They just want the matches, its like why buy the cow when you just want the milk kind of deal. Basically you are just helping the guy. On the good news bombsoldier is excited and ready to leave hell be here by next week so for all those who are ready to play him heres your only chance. The one and the only bombsoldier at oc3. Oh yeah and noob king your chances of playing him is not over yet.

HAVE PEOPLE TOTALLY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE OC3 BANNER CONTEST? We are judging this sunday. Winner gets to play and a record match with bombsoldier, and being noobking someone who doesnt have 20 dollars heres your chance at him. IN addition to all this the banner winner gets first priority with bombsoldier. Meaning yes no line wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom