• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If anyone is staying at the Best Western Norwalk Inn, please let me know. I spoke with Po Pimpus and he and his friend will be arriving there Thursday along with Team Hawaii. If anyone else is staying there feel free to join us. =w=

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
here's what you do kyle:
get the address to the venue
paste it into google maps
click "find businesses" at the top and type in "motels"
click "search businesses"
sleep

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Norcal vs socal money on it
DBr vs any crew money on it.
ALejandro lets do it baby.
im not going to do the doc crew battle thing.

sidefx

Smash Champion
ok so i havent been on the boards for a lonnnng time. due to work and such.. i didnt know there was a deadline for posting airline times and whatnot, but me, Germ , and Bob$ had to change our initial plans of driving down ( as selected on the OC3 registration site) and buy plane tickets due to the close proximity of our work schedules and departure times.

so i dont know if its too late or not, but here are the times

Friday, July 20, 2007
United Airlines # 6525
Departure (OAK): July 20, 9:39 AM PDT (morning)
Arrival (LAX): July 20, 11:00 AM PDT (morning)

Monday, July 23, 2007
Delta Air Lines # 7760
Departure (LAX): July 23, 10:25 AM PDT (morning)
Arrival (OAK): July 23, 11:45 AM PDT (morning)

if anyway at all we can be accommodated with a ride , it would be much appreciated.

neal, ken, or mike, who ever is in charge of this please let me know about this through PM or via AIM . I have work from 3-12pm. thanks in advance

ps. bobby your posts are always garbage. lol, so blunt and short.
pps. BTW i voted for normal crew battles. that way its alot more fun, exciting, and alot more pride on the line, which makes for alot of good **** talking and some awesome gameplay. character crew battles dont seem too fun imo. should be an exhibition sort of thing imo, and shouldnt take the place of normal crew battles. Lets see who the best of the best really is

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
agreed bob norcal vs socal whether or not i'm participating xD

and reg crews should take priority of char crew simple because it's... almost a tradition =)

can't wait till OC3, <3 socal for putting this together.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
norcal vs socal 2 will not happen at 0c3. It will happen at super champ combo in August. 0c3 cannot take norcal vs socal away from super champ combo

ok so i havent been on the boards for a lonnnng time. due to work and such.. i didnt know there was a deadline for posting airline times and whatnot, but me, Germ , and Bob$ had to change our initial plans of driving down ( as selected on the OC3 registration site) and buy plane tickets due to the close proximity of our work schedules and departure times.

so i dont know if its too late or not, but here are the times

Friday, July 20, 2007
United Airlines # 6525
Departure (OAK): July 20, 9:39 AM PDT (morning)
Arrival (LAX): July 20, 11:00 AM PDT (morning)

Monday, July 23, 2007
Delta Air Lines # 7760
Departure (LAX): July 23, 10:25 AM PDT (morning)
Arrival (OAK): July 23, 11:45 AM PDT (morning)

if anyway at all we can be accommodated with a ride , it would be much appreciated.

neal, ken, or mike, who ever is in charge of this please let me know about this through PM or via AIM . I have work from 3-12pm. thanks in advance

ps. bobby your posts are always garbage. lol, so blunt and short.
pps. BTW i voted for normal crew battles. that way its alot more fun, exciting, and alot more pride on the line, which makes for alot of good **** talking and some awesome gameplay. character crew battles dont seem too fun imo. should be an exhibition sort of thing imo, and shouldnt take the place of normal crew battles. Lets see who the best of the best really is
yes ok, we'll come pick you up, we might be a bit late or whatever depending on others we also have to pick up. :D

can't wait till OC3, <3 socal for putting this together.
thanks, Ken, Jenny,Mana, Helen, Arash, 0c3 staff for putting this together :)

a-mar

Smash Cadet
hey i'm totaly not wanting to rush you and i'm in no hurry but i was just woundering when we might be seeing pools or brackets or somthing??

i'm really excited to go, 8 days left!!!!!!!!!!!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I don't think Regular Crews should be played out again. For those of us coming from OOS, not everyone we're travelling with would be in our crew, so we'll just have to be mismatched with other random people that we sort of know. For Cali peeps regular crews seems fun, since you're not that far away and most of your crew would be able to make it.

I know even if my crew would all be able to make it that we wouldn't really have a chance, but either way, regular crews has been done several times before and everyone knows about where everyone else will place. With the character things, it's a novel idea and would really offer more variety than the california crews that are all together, the OOS mismatch crews, and the supercrews combined with the top pros across America.

nublet06

Smash Lord
I don't think Regular Crews should be played out again. For those of us coming from OOS, not everyone we're travelling with would be in our crew, so we'll just have to be mismatched with other random people that we sort of know. For Cali peeps regular crews seems fun, since you're not that far away and most of your crew would be able to make it.

I know even if my crew would all be able to make it that we wouldn't really have a chance, but either way, regular crews has been done several times before and everyone knows about where everyone else will place. With the character things, it's a novel idea and would really offer more variety than the california crews that are all together, the OOS mismatch crews, and the supercrews combined with the top pros across America.
thats cool and all.....but nobody has announced any rules so far.

how do you deal with 100 fox players and 1 pichu player?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
The rules were announced. Each character gets a captain elected, and they choose the remaining members, and it'll be like 3-5 or something. I think for the smaller ones, leftovers from the characters with more people will have those people fill the lower ones if they play them as secondaries or that character just won't be entered or something.

AsK??

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm planing on going to OC3 with PatG i don't know if any of you know him, he went last year. I was planning to register today but realized the deadline was two days ago T.T just wondering if anyone might not be going that registered and if I could take there spot, really short on funds at the moment and I really don't want to pay the 100 dollar at the door fee. I am willing to pay pal you 60 bucks for your spot on registration, if it turns out you can't go. If anyones willing to do this shoot me an email at toookki[at]gmail[dot]com. Thanks a lot if anyone emails me. I main mario.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hey listen

Hey I'm planing on going to OC3 with PatG i don't know if any of you know him, he went last year. I was planning to register today but realized the deadline was two days ago T.T just wondering if anyone might not be going that registered and if I could take there spot, really short on funds at the moment and I really don't want to pay the 100 dollar at the door fee. I am willing to pay pal you 60 bucks for your spot on registration, if it turns out you can't go. If anyones willing to do this shoot me an email at toookki[at]gmail[dot]com. Thanks a lot if anyone emails me. I main mario.
no one has actually paid yet. YOU pay at the door meaning if you pay 60 for someones spot you still gotta pay us 75 at the door. Meaning youll overpay lol. I suggest you just pay the 100 to enter. Now lets look at the worst outcome someone goes to the tournament and they give you their spot you still gotta pay 75 for their spot, but who would give you their spot for 60 dollars after driving all the way to the venue , they are there to enter. So yeah.......

we gave everyone in the entire world about 3 months to register, and it was free, there are no excuses.

also zoap, whatever happened to north cal helping out with donations since the venue was set? You and nintendoking said things are going to change and nothing has so its hard for me to believe what you say anymore.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Regarding this tourney being over 300 people... wasn't OC2 supposed to have over 300 participants because the registered ahead of time, and then, they didn't even get 200 singles entrants. I think you guys are jumping the gun here on, BIGGEST SMASH TOURNEY EVER! I hope it's big, but I think it's too early to say it's going to be huge.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Wow, people are being lame.

Let's just get back to the topic at hand...

BOMB SOLDIER IS COMING ALL THE WAY TO CALIFORNIA.......

JUST TO LOSE TO THE ULTIMATE FALCO SLAYING SAMUS

LETS DO THIS ****!!!

Needless to say, I'm excited about playing Bombsoldier.

Its too bad you're gonna have to pay $20 to play him so Ken and Mana can get rich- I mean so Bombsolider can get back to Japan.

I can't wait to play bombsolider either!!!

a-mar

Smash Cadet
Its too bad you're gonna have to pay $20 to play him so Ken and Mana can get rich- I mean so Bombsolider can get back to Japan.

I can't wait to play bombsolider either!!!
dude seriously why do you have such a problem with them??
if you don't want to play B.S. you dont have to.
if you do then you should be happy to pay $20
cant everyone just stop complaining,
if the oc3 staff didnt care about the community they would not have even goten
B.S. to come out anyway and there would be no issue.

i am personaly not playing B.S. because i think it would be personaly embarrassing for myself,however i am going to donate to them out of respect!!
and i am going to pay hugs $10 for a match and he offered to give me some of his infinate wisdom!!

P.S. i think the $10 to hugs is being gathered with the $$ from other samus mains to watch him play aginst B.S.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Regarding this tourney being over 300 people... wasn't OC2 supposed to have over 300 participants because the registered ahead of time, and then, they didn't even get 200 singles entrants. I think you guys are jumping the gun here on, BIGGEST SMASH TOURNEY EVER! I hope it's big, but I think it's too early to say it's going to be huge.
most of the people coming this time have already confirmed going. Last year lot's of people dropped out due to it being on monday-wednesday and the housing issue. We did have 200, 192 or something and some of our staff didnt enter. This year the housing is taken care of. Furthermore we want 300 people that's why we closed registration. out of 334 we expect around 30-50 people dropping out, then of course any last minute people showing up.

yes, from past experience, i think it's safe to say It's going to be Huge :)

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I have one more question that has been bothering me... Since everyone is essentially paying for Bombsoldiers trip... say you guys raise the money he needed to come by the matches he played against people. What if he wins the tourney? He then has his money. So does he get a free trip, and not have to pay for it since he won? Or will he have to use part of his earnings for the win. And if so, where does that money go for BS matches.

Zoap

Smash Master
where does the banner contest winner fit in that schedule mana? B4 the highest donations, or after them?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I have one more question that has been bothering me... Since everyone is essentially paying for Bombsoldiers trip... say you guys raise the money he needed to come by the matches he played against people. What if he wins the tourney? He then has his money. So does he get a free trip, and not have to pay for it since he won? Or will he have to use part of his earnings for the win. And if so, where does that money go for BS matches.
it's already been explained long ago, I'm too tired to even post about it. Perhaps if you go through the massive pages of spam, you'll hopefully find all the info you need.

Nashun

Smash Ace
I have a few questions and I was wondering if anybody could answer them because I don't want to read through 85 pages.

1. Since we're all sleeping at the venue, can people play friendlies during the night until the tournament starts again in the morning?

2. Are there places to shower?

3. I have two TVs I can bring: One working one and another that gets static-like every so often, and it's enough to have to pause the match until somebody smacks the TV on the side. Can I bring the second TV and have it designated only for friendlies, since its in no condition to play a tournament match?

If anything, put me up for a TV and a cube. I'll try to go through as many pages as I can to get the info that I need.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
once again

I have a few questions and I was wondering if anybody could answer them because I don't want to read through 85 pages.

1. Since we're all sleeping at the venue, can people play friendlies during the night until the tournament starts again in the morning?

2. Are there places to shower?

3. I have two TVs I can bring: One working one and another that gets static-like every so often, and it's enough to have to pause the match until somebody smacks the TV on the side. Can I bring the second TV and have it designated only for friendlies, since its in no condition to play a tournament match?

If anything, put me up for a TV and a cube. I'll try to go through as many pages as I can to get the info that I need.
its been answered, someone else also posted 3 questions like this and i answered all 3. Hopefully someone will find my post and link it to this one........

Nashun

Smash Ace
Edit: I found the answer to the shower question, but I still would like to know if we can play friendlies when the tournament isn't running and if I can have a low-quality TV designated for friendlies. Can anybody help me out here?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
as i have mentioned before

Edit: I found the answer to the shower question, but I still would like to know if we can play friendlies when the tournament isn't running and if I can have a low-quality TV designated for friendlies. Can anybody help me out here?
after the tournament ends each night you are allowed to play as much as you want throughout the night as long as you dont :

1) start trouble

2) turn up the volume very high, not only you are distracting players who want sleep for the next day but you are also causing trouble which might cause the cops to come. Remember sleeping at the venue this year is a good thing we dont want anyone to come say whoa look at these 300 people who didnt have hotels and kick everyone home.

3) no fighting or alcohol

we will have security staff set up at night and they will be watching and taking shifts sleeping, if theft or any of this occurs you are kicked out of the warehouse and on your own. Meaning go home your banned.

as for your ****ty tv, you can bring it if you want who i dont think anyones going to play on it.

AsK??

Smash Rookie
TY for telling me that no ones had paid yet; i'm glad i'm not out 60 through pay pal yet ^^. Well if anyone's not going thats registered tell me so I can take your spot, for free, or I'll pay pal you like 5 bucks. I don't know who watty is but he should give me his second spot!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

TY for telling me that no ones had paid yet; i'm glad i'm not out 60 through pay pal yet ^^. Well if anyone's not going thats registered tell me so I can take your spot, for free, or I'll pay pal you like 5 bucks. I don't know who watty is but he should give me his second spot!
the fact is that the registration deadline ended. There are about 30 people who registered that arent going and registered anyways. We arent letting the people who did register early give up their spots because thats ridiculous when guys like chu dat or watty registered twice.

im sorry to say but registration did ended, and your only choice is to pay the 100. If it were up to me i wouldnt mind letting you in for 75 , but that would mean all the other late registrants would argue saying why does he get special needs etc. So i cannot do that. I would beg for donations to get you to oc3, thats what aftermath did.You are already paying 75, might as well find another 25 from somewhere.

noobking - did you manage to grow hair?

sidefx

Smash Champion
Thanks a bunch ken, really appreciate it. Is there a certain place for us to be when you pick us up? or just in front of our airline gate? not sure if you have my cell # or not, ill give it to you on aim if you don't have it.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
By the end of Today (friday), we will specify who shall pick people up and post phone numbers. "Yes" post phone numbers in case anything happens.

hopefully people arent immature enough to make prank calls, but then again it has happened before.

It's funny how stupid and immature smashers can actually be.

Edit: btw I am digging dark musician's banner for 0c3

Banner Contest winner will also be announced today!!

Dark Musician Team Hawaii, 0c3 :D :) :)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Thank You Ken!!!!

By the end of Today (friday), we will specify who shall pick people up and post phone numbers. "Yes" post phone numbers in case anything happens.

hopefully people arent immature enough to make prank calls, but then again it has happened before.

It's funny how stupid and immature smashers can actually be.

Edit: btw I am digging dark musician's banner for 0c3

Banner Contest winner will also be announced today!!

Dark Musician Team Hawaii, 0c3 :D :) :)
THANK YOU KEN!!! I'm really honored to here that! <3<3<3

Unfortunately, this lovely Lucky Star banner was made by my friend, fellow smasher and pokemon colleague Oshiro. I just supplied the pics, chose the words and the final design. He did all the acutal photoshop-ing. And it took over two hours to find a design to match the awesomeness of Konata Izumi. lolz But he said he had lots of fun making it. I always enjoy his works. Oshiro WOULD go to 0c3 but it's a money thing. He's really a good player too. :(

So yeah, I can't submit this because I remember manacloud saying it has to made YOUR OWN work. Honestly having a shot at bombsoldier for free is tempting but I don't wanna lie to you and win dishonestly. I will face bombsoldier fair and square. It's the "Hawaiian" way. lolz

But I am glad you like it Ken! It made my day! :) You should watch Lucky Star!!! :chuckle:

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
We need to know who's vegetarian/vegan/ don't eat meat TO PM me or POST saying they are! It'll help us to get a head count to get food for them.

and yes, you'll have to be attending 0c3

If you don't then yeah, tough luck

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
could you supply some sort of general salad at the venue?
i'd like to stay regular haha

T0MMY

Smash Master
(raises hand)
I don't eat meat and am terribly lactose intolerant.
May I suggest that the optional menu accommodate wheat intolerance, diabetics, and anyone with allergies should inform the staff.

It's actually very easy to accommodate all kinds of diets, just as long as it is mostly fresh, whole foods. It's the allergies the staff needs to hear about. If there's some kind of peanut sauce in something and someone dies because they're allergic to nuts then that's going to cause a lot of problems.

Since I am vegan I feel like I'm presenting more problems to the staff that has a lot of work. If the staff would like I could help gather information on any diets/allergies and make a menu for the scheduled event. Maybe Rickety would like to help out with this? (San Diego, wewt!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom