• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
whoaa

284 people have signed up for 0c3 :/

Of course some people signed up and can't go, but there are always those late birdies who sign up last minute.

at this rate, it will be 0c300.

THIS IS 0c3!

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
I will be easy to spot at the OC3, I will be wearing a Mario hat and a smash shirt with Raphael and Mario on the back. Hey Manacloud since I am only 16, can you give me a link to the page my parents have to fill out? Or I can just wait until I get to OC3. Hopefully more of our crew comes to OC3 then just myself and LeonardoTMNT. I'll be ready, I get at least 3 hours of training a day.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
oh we need our parents to fill something out(Im only 15 years old)
what do they need to fill out.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I will be easy to spot at the OC3, I will be wearing a Mario hat and a smash shirt with Raphael and Mario on the back. Hey Manacloud since I am only 16, can you give me a link to the page my parents have to fill out? Or I can just wait until I get to OC3. Hopefully more of our crew comes to OC3 then just myself and LeonardoTMNT. I'll be ready, I get at least 3 hours of training a day.
Im easy to spot im a tall fifteen year old, and im a black guy with a a jheri curl. I might wear a Las Vegas shirt there to rep Vegas.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Link to download the packet is on the first page.

OC3 practice today ^^

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
just a friendly reminder

Anyone who is 17 and younger must complete both forms at the end of the 0c3 packet. Players and Spectators both
1) parental consent form (please print out with you and bring it to the venue)
2) liability form (please print out with you and bring it to the venue)

Anyone who is coming to the tournament must complete the liability form. Players and Spectators both
1) fill out the liability consent form at the end of the 0c3 packet ((please print out with you and bring it to the venue)

of course we will also have the liability consent forms on tournament registration day, however if you happen to bring your own this will clearly speed up the process.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
manacloud1 said:
prove me wrong atlus, you still have time. Right now both milktea and zjin think theyve already out beatened the rest of the competitors, which is you.
Awww no love for my banner : (

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah

I wondered why your banners wasn't noticed. I LMAO when I saw it.
azn lep would have totally won the banner contest because arash and ken are huge fans , however, i still dont know how it relates to the theme of california, plus hes staff. Staff cannot enter the competition =).

the DEADLINE FOR THE BANNER CONTEST IS on the 15 th of july being a sunday. It use to be on the 14th which is a saturday but ill give people more time =). Thats like a week left or so =).

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
azn lep would have totally won the banner contest because arash and ken are huge fans , however, i still dont know how it relates to the theme of california
you must have missed the sunset/beach background in his banner

SK92

Smash Journeyman
this banner stuff is complicated, im just gonna do the twenty dollar thing to play bombsoldier.

Miharu

Smash Hero
no i didnt the theme of beaches and sunsets have been over used and done before.
Hmm. That's pretty much what Cali is about though. Beaches, sunsets, and all that ****. Dunno how else to really describe California. I mean, we have some of the best beaches down in SoCal.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

Hmm. That's pretty much what Cali is about though. Beaches, sunsets, and all that ****. Dunno how else to really describe California. I mean, we have some of the best beaches down in SoCal.
not saying thats not what cali is. IM saying its been done over and over which means its cliche. There are much more things then what that is cali is just all about. So if people want to win they gotta be more unique.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
In that case, doesn't Atlus win by default? Seeing how he's the only one that didn't go with a sunset or beach theme... or any theme for that matter. I guess sparkles is a theme, California can be very sparkly. That counts right haha

@ Jadin Xsquire - I'm pretty sure it's been answered already, but the deadline is Sunday, July 15th. I'm really hoping to see more banners. It really doesn't take a whole lot of time and you get a shot at free stuff.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

In that case, doesn't Atlus win by default? Seeing how he's the only one that didn't go with a sunset or beach theme... or any theme for that matter. I guess sparkles is a theme, California can be very sparkly. That counts right haha

@ Jadin Xsquire - I'm pretty sure it's been answered already, but the deadline is Sunday, July 15th. I'm really hoping to see more banners. It really doesn't take a whole lot of time and you get a shot at free stuff.
true, however it can still be used , sunsets that is.

the judging will be judge from 3 areas, difficulty in making , originality, and theme. Meaning just because atlus didnt use sunsets doesnt automatically make him a winner.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
what are you talking about, I would have won the banner contest, my banner rules >:)

totally original and no sunsets! what more does 0c3 have then Ken and bombsoldier! Teaming up that is!! >: D

Ornj

Smash Journeyman
wow im excited, this will be my first tounament :)

i really hope i do well...:cool:

Drephen

Smash Master
are we banning a stage for the set? Im guessing not cause there is only 6 stages on but i just wanted to make sure

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey! I know you're taking a poll on the crew battle, but I was wondering if you were going to make a decision based strictly on votes. So far it looks like 60% of people want regular crews, while the other 40% want character crews. While it is nice to represent your group of friends, I don't think anyone really remembers the outcome of regular crew battles without some kind of theme to make it special. I'm sure if you went with the character crew battle, everyone will remember the outcome of it. Also, it would be kinda cool to see people from different regions uniting based on common character. It's just my opinion, but I think it would make this tournament even more legendary.

nublet06

Smash Lord
Hey! I know you're taking a poll on the crew battle, but I was wondering if you were going to make a decision based strictly on votes. So far it looks like 60% of people want regular crews, while the other 40% want character crews. While it is nice to represent your group of friends, I don't think anyone really remembers the outcome of regular crew battles without some kind of theme to make it special. I'm sure if you went with the character crew battle, everyone will remember the outcome of it. Also, it would be kinda cool to see people from different regions uniting based on common character. It's just my opinion, but I think it would make this tournament even more legendary.
there is not an even spread of players tho. bunch of top tiers, and fewer low tiers. so what do you do? force the high tier players that arent top 5 in the country play characters that they dont even want to play?

theres about to be 300 people signed up for OC3

lets say we do the usual and do 5 man crews. 26 x 5 = 130

you have to do at least 12 man crews to cover 312 people. thats simply ********.

manacloud said somethign about the best players just crewing together and all playing on character. which means there would be no actual rules to make you play your main, this would make the idea of battling over character mains untrue......and a waste of time.

its a great idea, but when you ACTUALLY think about it. its really stupid and time consuming.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that too.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Hmmm... perhaps we could combine the two ideas. Let's say we take the top 5 players of each character for the character crews. ok so thats 26 crews x 5 players/crew = 130 players. Then the remaining 170 players form regular crews. 170 payers/(5 players/crew) = 34 regular crews. Then simply play it out. I think this would be cool because the character crews would have to beat a spread of characters in the regular crews. It might also give an opportunity for other regions to play together. Nonetheless it would be time consuming, but crew battle in general are time consuming. It wouldn't take any longer than if we had 60 regular crews formed. On top of that, who doesn't want to see an all Luigi crew take on an all DK crew or something? Meh, just an idea.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hmmm...... Or you can do BOTH and everyone signs up for ONE OR THE OTHER. I dunno. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I really want to see the character crew battle.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

Hmmm... perhaps we could combine the two ideas. Let's say we take the top 5 players of each character for the character crews. ok so thats 26 crews x 5 players/crew = 130 players. Then the remaining 170 players form regular crews. 170 payers/(5 players/crew) = 34 regular crews. Then simply play it out. I think this would be cool because the character crews would have to beat a spread of characters in the regular crews. It might also give an opportunity for other regions to play together. Nonetheless it would be time consuming, but crew battle in general are time consuming. It wouldn't take any longer than if we had 60 regular crews formed. On top of that, who doesn't want to see an all Luigi crew take on an all DK crew or something? Meh, just an idea.
this will all be handled by the next staff meeting. Then after we the staff vote and decide we will post what we are going to do so people know. I personally am not concerned about what we play as long as we play something and finish on time. We dont want something that takes three days to complete and is a waste of time if people feel that way. This issue is going to be based on opinions i think, like what people are saying now.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
is it already outlined somewhere what the timetable is for the 3 days?
as far as when the venue opens and closes each day

SK92

Smash Journeyman
why don't we do random crews.
that would make it interesting so you might be crewed up with pc chris, ken, or someone like m2k. thats my oppinion.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
i think

why don't we do random crews.
that would make it interesting so you might be crewed up with pc chris, ken, or someone like m2k. thats my oppinion.
well thats a good idea sk92 but random crews would still make it unfair. What if a random crew got ken bombsoldier and chu dat or pc chris ken and mew2king. NO matter how you think about it crews will be unfair from the start. Some crews are better than others because theyve been together longer etc. It all comes down to player skills, character match up, and overall crew experience.

We should just stick to how it was done at oc2, some random crews did pretty well.

As for hate going around. Vat O' was spamming nonsense about me and hes probably trying to stop oc3 or just tell people not to go. He was under the alias Pnda, trying to start crap. The mods managed to track down his ip and ban him, i think hes from arizona. So to all the haters out there if you do not like me or the tournament do not go or bring it down. Just stay away from it if you have problems, its your choice to choose to go or not. Dont even post. Its ridiculous when something good comes around for everyone and people try to stop it.

sometimes i dont get it....

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
I was just wondering if we can record matches, like mm matches and friendlies after the tournament cuz it's not like you guys are gonna put those on the dvd... using a camera.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Manacloud, I want you to know that Vato was not making those posts. It has been settled within the AZ community and Vato is NOT PNDA. It was one of our friends using one of his computers. I apologize for what PNDA said, as he is probably one of my friends, but I resent the fact that you and McFox are drawing premature, and false conclusions about Vato who didn't posts any of what you think he did. And that's the God honest truth. Now I don't expect an apology, but I do think some clarification is in order. I think he's been defamed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom