• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jab always has a chance to trip, having an amplified chance from 115%-140%.

Anyway...

No one can deny that Falco, Marth, Wario and Game and Watch are tourney viable... But none of those are in the top 8 either.
Marth mains trying to solo it are likely to struggle.

∫unk

Smash Master
New Style of Marth

http://allisbrawl.com/history.aspx?id=301

MikeHAZE hasn't done worse than 4th since Whobo in doubles and singles with Marth.

Those results don't include this weekend which he got 3rd twice in singles (no doubles).. with 14 and 50 people in the tournaments.

Since Whobo, he's beaten DSF 4 times and pretty much every single ranked player.

Random stuff he does that no other Marth does:
* pivot boost while walking (you know the one where he twirls around... yeah he uses moves out of that)
* the best grab game i've seen
* versus mk is always on the ground in the neutral situation
* pivot shieldbreaker to get out of traps (although all socal marths do this now we stole it from mike)

Recent video (keep in mind zero isn't good, but i have seen all these sequences work on the best mk's, just not all in a row): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpW3...o/video.aspx?id=17051&feature=player_embedded

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth's like me go *SCREW IT* and use <insert top tier character here> for a couple of tournaments before people realise how to take it down and then switch to the next top tier.

Whilst using Marth mostly though :p

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Haha.

You are all so cute what with holding onto hope and all that fun stuff.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
i think marth is better than you think so stop thinking

i dont think marth loses to dedede anymore
I have always felt that Dedede can be debated and even Snake.

But either way these matches are no picnic for Marth and getting demolished by MK does nothing but hurt what potential influence he could have had on the metagame.

Marth just isn't a safe choice in the metagame.

DJMirror

Smash Master

MikeHAZE hasn't done worse than 4th since Whobo in doubles and singles with Marth.

Those results don't include this weekend which he got 3rd twice in singles (no doubles).. with 14 and 50 people in the tournaments.

Since Whobo, he's beaten DSF 4 times and pretty much every single ranked player.

* pivot boost while walking (you know the one where he twirls around... yeah he uses moves out of that)
* pivot shieldbreaker to get out of traps (although all socal marths do this now we stole it from mike)

Recent video (keep in mind zero isn't good, but i have seen all these sequences work on the best mk's, just not all in a row): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpW3...o/video.aspx?id=17051&feature=player_embedded

me and kira been telling everyone left and right

MikeHAZE best marth in the west mutha****ing coast

suck a **** haters O___o

good **** mike

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL, marth is easily the 5th best character in the game, and the most well rounded. MK is just as well rounded, but he is a level above everyone else, so I don't really count him.

Just watch Mikehaze play next time and you'll see what I mean. Marth can win tournaments. MikeHaze is far and away the best Marth in the nation. I don't generally make unfounded claims. What I'm saying now isn't an exception.

You can just tell when someone has evolved to a new level. Mike has done that, and he happens to play marth. It's not just tricks either. It's a style that can be adapted to almost any situation where intelligent play is present. This style, matched with a character as well rounded as marth, means players have nothing to worry about in regards to your character choice. There is nothing to blame on the character.

Marth is the most capable of winning (aside from MK) as he has no terrible match ups, no ceiling. It just depends on you, the player.

If MK is the only thing holding Marth back, then you need to take a step back and think of a character that MK ISN'T holding back. In other words, there isn't a problem with marth. There may be problems with the players or the inclusion of metaknight in this game.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
MK shuts him down. Hard. Marth has no answer.

That's the game. It is what is. Snake is just a better character and DDD can punish mistakes easily.

It's 3 bad match-ups AT WORST. That's really good. But he happens to lose to the most popular characters that win the most.

That's not a good thing. Not at all.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Neo has been countered.

Whilst this may come across as weird, many Marths, and the "teachings" Steel and others post/talk about are generally related from Neo's playstyle. Many Marth's accredit themselves as learning what to do in situations because of NEO.

I'd say its to the point that just about anyone whos played a Marth before knows how to handle him with their character.

tl;dr - Marth's style of fighting is overcentralised around Neo.

I think from now, the Marth's that continue to place well will be the ones being excessively vigilent in reconstructing the way they play Marth. And let's hope this time it's not just -one player- everyone starts to follow. Marth only having one pillar is counter productive.

</rant>

<3 NEO. Top secret metagames will be for your eyes only.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
MK shuts him down. Hard. Marth has no answer.

That's the game. It is what is. Snake is just a better character and DDD can punish mistakes easily.

It's 3 bad match-ups AT WORST. That's really good. But he happens to lose to the most popular characters that win the most.

That's not a good thing. Not at all.
honestly, i'm not saying this because hugs came in here.

-Metaknight isn't that bad anymore. I've learned what to do in most situations and pretty much to most things that meta does there's an answer to. I don't think the matchup is even, because i'll often feel i outplay someone (tyrant) and still end up getting gimped or something, but it's probably 60-40 at it's worst.

Same with dedede, i used to think it was impossible, but recently it feels more 50-50, maybe even with a slight marth advantage.

Although, i don't know if it's just because i've gotten better and smarter as a player, or, if it's just marth is a better character than i first percieved.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well, as you recall you used to dump on Marth pretty hard.

I think it's just your perception that has changed.

And you use to think Dedede was his hardest match which would be impossible just by looking at his character and what he can to Marth compared to MK.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah, it really used to be, but i kind of figured out how to get through most things. i can't really talk until i've traveled out of state again though.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

That was a good vid.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So I heard this guy called "Steel2nd" was ****** people at Apex.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Guess what!?! MikeHAZE's amazing, and I might be getting a new part time job @ SilverLight XD!
in this thread people blaming the fact that we lost on tiers

also anther uses the pikachu from the anime, not surprising how powerful it is
I'm not surprised, considering how often it ***** in type disadvantage (it kills ground type poke's for crying out loud!)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If MK is the only thing holding Marth back, then you need to take a step back and think of a character that MK ISN'T holding back. In other words, there isn't a problem with marth. There may be problems with the players or the inclusion of metaknight in this game.
Wario...

Also, Steel2nd has the hottest manboobs... and NEO has the angriest Brawl face ever.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Hmm, clearly we need to start discussing on how to step our **** up. Even though there was valid reasons why it wasn't too high, now is the time to review them and up our game.

I myself have noticed since there's not many Pikas, good ones wreck very easily, ROBs to nowadays.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
yea ive always hated how people try to play like the top players instead of playing there own style and improving it to make it better and better if people say that you are playing marth wrong tell em to go **** themselves :X

Top Bottom