• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
lo siento senor

so ive found it especially easy to spike mario's cause they try and cape me which just ends up setting them up for the backwards spike, footstools are great too.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
yeah (= people learn from their costly mistakes. except this one guy i played in a tourney. I spiked him twice over off of his cape and then once off the edge.

still not allowed, tennet. =\

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
If either of you lived near me, I would say we should play. My dad's always okay with people coming over.

I don't really know many smashers around my area.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Anther @ Light Ball
Timid
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Grass Knot
Substitute

@Mintz: You mean there's an area in Cali when almost no Smashers?

And here I thought that was WC's main base.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I thought we covered this long ago.

Walk away from D3's chaingrab. If he actually does it really sloppy, you can punish better with Dancing Blade. Just hold away. When I first employed this strategy, I taught it to NEO and he ***** Chillin with it immediately after.

The counter for this strategy is simply to run farther and grab (or have your CG tight). However, now you can start MIXING IN UpB at random.

Another epic mindgame is to spam jump away and Bair really loudly. Some D3's might want to heavily punish you for Dolphin Slashing, so they'll just shield, and you'll get away.

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
@Mintz: You mean there's an area in Cali when almost no Smashers?

And here I thought that was WC's main base.
More or less yes, although I wouldn't be surprised if that's just my assumption because I'm not acquainted with them. But yeah, not many smashers afaik in my area. It's kind of depressing.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Walk away from D3's chaingrab. If he actually does it really sloppy, you can punish better with Dancing Blade. Just hold away. When I first employed this strategy, I taught it to NEO and he ***** Chillin with it immediately after.

The counter for this strategy is simply to run farther and grab (or have your CG tight). However, now you can start MIXING IN UpB at random.

Another epic mindgame is to spam jump away and Bair really loudly. Some D3's might want to heavily punish you for Dolphin Slashing, so they'll just shield, and you'll get away.
I got punished rather badly when I kept DS so I just let them CG me so now i will walk away.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

Using controller sounds to your advantage is sooo epic

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I personally react to controller sounds VERY OFTEN in clutch situations. If I'm shielding, you're shielding, and I'm waiting for a grab, I hear it before it happens, and Dolphin Slash out of harms way, in a way that would only appear like lucky timing to an onlooker. I've gotten many kills in tourney this way.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I personally react to controller sounds VERY OFTEN in clutch situations. If I'm shielding, you're shielding, and I'm waiting for a grab, I hear it before it happens, and Dolphin Slash out of harms way, in a way that would only appear like lucky timing to an onlooker. I've gotten many kills in tourney this way.
And so now I need hearing aids.

Sigh Smash costs more than I expected...

Top Bottom