• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah guys, I tried out a fun little string that I like to use v. MK sometimes. It's fthrow -> fair (usually untippered) -> Nair hit1 -> utilt/grab, and that's the best part, another grab! I'm sure it's DI dependent, but I dunno, I kinda like it. Used at really low %s

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've used the first half of the string before, though I've never tried a utilt AND another grab.

Oh and it can be DI dependent. I tend to like fthrow fair, pivot grab, fthrow uair utilt. Though it's not guaranteed I like it.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
If you grab MK at the edge (your back to the edge) at low %, u can bthrow -> reverse dSmash (itll tip)
not sure if its better to do fthrow->fsmash but it gets them off the edge if you find yourself in that situation, itll also not stale ur fsmash

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If MK is at low-mid percents, and you can get him off stage, then hit him in his glide start up, then proceed to lol him because he aint getting back unless he uses Tornado...

Good things -can- happen.
But MKs avoid that situation like the plague in the first place.

lol @ 5555

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
metaknight can reset all juggle traps and off stage gaurding with a high glide in
even if you start hitting his glide with an up-b at worst he still gets to make it down close enough to the edge to convert

duno why mks arent doing this often tbh. everytime marth launches mk upward he has the option of dj, glide, reset to the ledge - plank til opening

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK can also just say "maybe I shouldn't glide against marth" and then you're back to being unable to edge guard him

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
metaknight can reset all juggle traps and off stage gaurding with a high glide in
even if you start hitting his glide with an up-b at worst he still gets to make it down close enough to the edge to convert

duno why mks arent doing this often tbh. everytime marth launches mk upward he has the option of dj, glide, reset to the ledge - plank til opening
You of all people know the intelligence of the average MK main, Neo -_-

etecoon

Smash Hero
You of all people know the intelligence of the average MK main, Neo -_-
well that's a problem because eventually you find one that knows what they're doing, and all the advice vs MK you see around is mostly targeted at bad MK's habits and not the character himself

this thread being a good example, a lot of that won't work on an MK that knows the matchup, but then again you kind of need stuff that shouldn't work to go in your favor

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you are mikehaze you only need to be 18% better.

Because he will plank you through your tornados over the ledge, grab release you into mumble dsmash tippers, and spike you off stage to your death, SON.

I need to be like 78.7% better than the MK to win.
On final destination.
Then they go Brinstar.
And then they shuttle loop me
and
I
go
fARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKkkkkkkkkkk

∫unk

Smash Master
When I watch Mike I think... at least vs MK it's easier to grab as Marth than it is DDD based on dash distance/dash speed and moveset.

A lot of times Mike just stands outside MK's range then dashes in and shield grabs. DDD isn't capable of that because his dash is too short/not fast enough. Or maybe cause DB/f-air are better and safer at setting up a grab than DDD's f-tilt (which can be dash grabbed on reaction).

Maybe MK's just don't expect the grab and so they play that way. I don't think so though I think Marth's f-air and db set up his grab and vice versa.

Edit: Read my blog - http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=58546

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Good looking out
Didnt need to look out, I decided when to release it. :laugh:

Im happy to tell this to you Marth Boards, but dont tell anyone else.
THE TIER LIST WAS secretly released into the DEAD Sheik boards, giving ample opportunity for my Sheik-maining doppelganger to get the first post, and myself the 3rd. Before he moved it to Tactical.

:p

∫unk

Smash Master
Speaking of the sbr...

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=58709

There should be way more wc representation... By people who actually post! I have never seen tyrant post back there. I mean I can never imagine tyrant posting back there.

Edit: I also should mod these boards or at least control this thread, not like anything needs to be controlled in here but it's sad we have no mod lol

Double edit: I'm leading the post count in this thread by way too much I'm going to make sure my posts count so other people catch up.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Speaking of the sbr...

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=58709

There should be way more wc representation... By people who actually post! I have never seen tyrant post back there. I mean I can never imagine tyrant posting back there.

Edit: I also should mod these boards or at least control this thread, not like anything needs to be controlled in here but it's sad we have no mod lol

Double edit: I'm leading the post count in this thread by way too much I'm going to make sure my posts count so other people catch up.

if you mod here can i have the video thread? lol

Roxas M

Smash Master
i just got nado & d-smash spammed in some online tourney match.
i feel like such a noob now. :(

i didn't even sign up for but the TO apparently signed me up anyways.

edit. im just ranting atm because im pissed.
i really need to stop playing wifi. lol
trying to get reconized on wifi by maining marth will always fail.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Play IRL, so much better.

Didnt need to look out, I decided when to release it. :laugh:

Im happy to tell this to you Marth Boards, but dont tell anyone else.
THE TIER LIST WAS secretly released into the DEAD Sheik boards, giving ample opportunity for my Sheik-maining doppelganger to get the first post, and myself the 3rd. Before he moved it to Tactical.

:p
Shaya, you fiend! This is the gravest of abuses of your power, Zero will stop you!

On an unrelated note, Super Street Fighter 4, I might switch to maining Dudley, game looks awesome.

Top Bottom