• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I swear the eggs randomly explode psing them is a cowwwww :(
there's a consistent timer upon release but it still is really gay ****

especially because they're giantass fireworks

i thought i was playing barlw

not aeroplane bomb simulator

obv :012:

∫unk

Smash Master
viet - can you find it in these pictures:

--

albert - the guy's name is footsoldier lol

sui - i lost to sal's mk it was dumb... i legitimately 3 stocked him with ddd game one (lol i was reading him so hard even his mixups) then i just lost games 2 and 3. he beat zex right after me and ended up 3rd.

then i lost to tc1's diddy and that was all 3 games super close last hit (i won game 1). i kept trying to grab him while he landed but diddy has no landing lag (which is where i time my grab usually) so he kept air dodge -> spot dodging and i was adamant about trying to grab him even though i could have waited lol so i got punished every time XD he ended up losing the next match and got 4th.

just me being dumb and they played well too bringing it back. it definitely didn't feel good legitimately 3 stocking game 1 then losing the set.

game 2 vs this pretty good fox i went marth to see if i could win and i got ***** :( fortunately i had game 3

philnye - DOUBLES GENIUS STFU

Junk did me like marthshadow lol. I seriously would rather face a legion of mk and snake than deal with just one DDD using marth. I couldn't even think of one option that was even 50% viable when I was on the ledge.
LOL marthshadow and LFL said like the same thing.

The highest compliment a penguin can get XD

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I didnt say what Backlash said when I played you the one time, but I was thinking it. I'll never go Marth against D3 now, only Icies. I just cant get around him, all DDD needs to do is shield and wait for a grab.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Recording my marth combos atm.
gonna send some stuff over to izaw tomorrow so he can make a KICKASS TRAILER ;D
ITS GONNA BE EPIC, allot of stuff people haven't seen before !!!!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
are they actually combos or are they just "HEY YOU READ HIS AIRDODGE AND PUNISHED IT WITH A UAIR, GOOD ****

OH HEY FOOTSTOOL TO DAIR, NICE NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE"

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Recording my marth combos atm.
gonna send some stuff over to izaw tomorrow so he can make a KICKASS TRAILER ;D
ITS GONNA BE EPIC, allot of stuff people haven't seen before !!!!
Seeing as its you Mr R, its gotta have lots of random shield breakers in it.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Thanks kadaj, even though it was rlly close against leon i cant afford to lose to him again :p

ALSO this vid wont be another random spike OR oponnents cant airdodge/attack video.
and some shieldbreakerssss :$

Mr-R

Smash Champion
**** recorded everything I have and i got about 3 minutes of footage :(

Roxas M

Smash Master
Junk did me like marthshadow lol. I seriously would rather face a legion of mk and snake than deal with just one DDD using marth. I couldn't even think of one option that was even 50% viable when I was on the ledge. I know you wont tell how to get back onstage but im making it my mission in life to find out. Till then, im goin fox or ICs so I at least have a shot. On a side note, B+ never ceases to make me laugh at its attempt to fix brawl. Oh and I saw the match Junk was talking about. Snake ftilt x 3 + C4 is fantastic...
yeah fighting junk is suck a freaking headache. lol
now you guys know how i feel.

now try fighting commander beef and see if you can do any better. lmao

i failed the marth boards again and junk.:(

2nd tourney and i didn't even win a match. *facedesk*

i don't know what hell was wrong with me.

i should be at least doing somewhat good in tourneys from all the practicing i do but i just freeze up or something.
when i play people at tourneys i feel all floaty and crap like i just played wifi and switched to offline. i have no control of my characters. and the actual tourney match just makes me have even less control. i could barely kill for god sakes.

after i lost my first match i got like.....seriously sleepy and almost fell asleep after that. but i had to stay awake to do the 2nd match.

but thanks to controller malfunctions on the last match i could use my c-stick to do my aerials right.

same thing happened at scsa minus me getting sick.

i'm just so pissed and sad at the same time.

i don't know if i should really main marth or i'm just a noob in IRL matches..

∫unk

Smash Master
It's not like commander beef is better vs marth he just gets the opporunity to play mike since he's in socal. Zex never goes marth vs me for a very good reason.

Atomsk I tested it with mike didn't seem guaranteed at all. Falcos cg d-air spike footstool is much scarier and more damaging. To the point where if I get cg'ed I let go of the right side of the controller and really smash di so I get spiked on stage. It's better than taking 70+ which is what happens every time if falco knows how to edgeguard ddd. Of course it's best to just platform camp until you can't get chaingrabbed but sometimes freak accidents occur and you get grabbed lol

It's also like you know marths going to want to grab at zero that makes him easier to fight imo.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.<;; I hardly get to grab Dedede in the first place. I'm too busy wanting to stay at the tip of my fair range thats above that lame ftilt D3 has.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
sui - i lost to sal's mk it was dumb... i legitimately 3 stocked him with ddd game one (lol i was reading him so hard even his mixups) then i just lost games 2 and 3. he beat zex right after me and ended up 3rd.

then i lost to tc1's diddy and that was all 3 games super close last hit (i won game 1). i kept trying to grab him while he landed but diddy has no landing lag (which is where i time my grab usually) so he kept air dodge -> spot dodging and i was adamant about trying to grab him even though i could have waited lol so i got punished every time XD he ended up losing the next match and got 4th.

just me being dumb and they played well too bringing it back. it definitely didn't feel good legitimately 3 stocking game 1 then losing the set.
didn't know diddy has no landing lag O_O so he can airdodge to the ground and spotdodge right after and not get grabbed? lol wtf. so you can't punish his landing points ? D: (unless you bait the spotdodge)

also mad gay for outplaying them in game 1 and to have some gay **** happen by mk (which happened to me last saturday lol) in game 2,3

marth vs d3 isn't that hard imo.

Specially against ones who constantly shield.
its just rly gay if d3 is doing his ledge traps right on marth on the edge

shoutout to minty cuz ily.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL5lArLVWi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmAUntrtx2U&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawbWfDQ4ho&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32oPQf7KdnI&feature=channel

These are friendlies but they are Pretty Accurate on how to play the Martch-up

I would have alot better But He didnt want to save them because of how bad he'd lose, so like after 5 hours or so this I what I could save (yeah I know 4 matches out of 5 hours >.>)

Btw I dont think I did it in these Vids but you can counter her up b a few times before she can grab the ledge, you can also ledge drop fair at some points with the right spacing and stage spike her

∫unk

Smash Master
why does atomsk always ignore my posts

you can also ff to avoid the footstool then jump and up b, space it so your up b doesn't get grabbed

you take a lot of damage but you already know where marth has to grab and what percent it works at lol so it's not hard to avoid

leffen

Smash Champion
@ hippiedude diddy has just as much landing lag as everyone else that was just a stupid john by junk lol.
( altho his airdodge is good )

∫unk

Smash Master
I was told diddy has no landing lag.

Just jump around and ff with diddy, then jump around and ff with ddd. Buffer dashes out of both of them.

But maybe you're right, in which case I was simply bad at timing it.

It's not a John explaining why you lost is different from an excuse. It's basically me saying "I was losing to this next time I can beat it". That's different from "my hands were cold so that's why I lost not cause I got outplayed"

Edit:
After talking to clowsui I realized...
What annoys me more than anything is the incorrect callout. Someone thinks they're smart by saying something contradictory, when in fact they're incorrect or don't understand the situation.

^is there some term for that? anyways I had to deal with that a lot the past few days.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
why does atomsk always ignore my posts

you can also ff to avoid the footstool then jump and up b, space it so your up b doesn't get grabbed

you take a lot of damage but you already know where marth has to grab and what percent it works at lol so it's not hard to avoid
The marth can just drop down and footstool you as you fast fall.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
It sure is taking a lot of posts to say "marth has got this option vs DDD but its situational at best." Seems like the obvious conclusion here. What do I look like as marth trying to get something on DDD that can just as easily backfire and get me put on lucifer's edge with the penguin holding his ftilt pitchfork?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.< No wonder I can never hit Diddy when he lands after an airdodge. Guess I'll do something more productive, and maybe pivot grab.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I want to be in the backroom :$
*completely ignoring the ddd vs marth discussion*

Top Bottom