• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
**** i got *****
Snoopy Junk put up a fight, but got gunned down:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rNremK0cBEg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rNremK0cBEg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wolf:

1. 0-30%+ from grabs.
2. Fsmash him off stage at about 50-60%.
3. Run off stage
4. Fair him once during wolf's slow side b start up.
5. ???
6. Profit!

If you have any other issues about something in particular, tell me what though.

-

Happy birthday Mike <3.
<3 <3 <3

Mr-R

Smash Champion
how do u get out of wolfs bair? I tried fairing/airdodging in between but it wont work, and up b is way too risky since he spaces away... his bair is so annoying xD

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Wolf:

1. 0-30%+ from grabs.
2. Fsmash him off stage at about 50-60%.
3. Run off stage
4. Fair him once during wolf's slow side b start up.
5. ???
6. Profit!

If you have any other issues about something in particular, tell me what though.

-

Happy birthday Mike <3.
<3 <3 <3
wolf instead of doing side b ....... ses you off the stage double jumps and spikes you while getting back safely

good job ! you fail

VietGeek

Smash Hero
wolf instead of doing side b ....... ses you off the stage double jumps and spikes you while getting back safely

good job ! you fail
With how laggy Wolf's Dair is both start-up and post-hitbox combined with his fall speed, but assuming he did not fastfall during the dair...

it's still unlikely Wolf will recover.

His dair is rather...flawed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wolf's bair is marth's fair with 2 frames more start up, 5 frames more cool down,
and less of an arcing hitbox.

Less of an arcing hitbox

[not] an arcing hitbox

[not] awesome.

Just fair him from [slightly] below or [slightly] above.

Also I lol at the implication that a wolf is gonna waste his double jump off stage stupidly like that and die.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
I <3 nair. It's also somewhat prettier than fair. And I've been using it a lot in B+ 'cause I'm still getting used to the fact that fair sends UP now. So I SH, fair, maybe fair again, then... wait, wtf they're above me--ooohh that's a good place hurry do somethin--**** they've landed. XD So I just nair instead.

Similarly, I spam Zamus' fair and bair like I would uair in vB. I'm not sure why though... maybe I'm just addicted to the fact that both of fair's kicks can actually hit now. XD

The point: I play my characters weird in B+. -_- But yeah, nair luff. (eta: hm. that was a few pages back, wasn't it? whoops.)

Also, happy b-day Mike~

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
So I couldn't go to Bum's and represent you guys today, but in your honor I will train mad hard.

[EDIT] I got some vids coming up shortly you'll be proud =]

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!

∫unk

Smash Master
you do the same thing every time regardless of its success rate

he does the same thing every time regardless of its success rate

when you play like that it's only just coincidence that you're better

you're not actually outplaying him with adjustments

not trying to be mean

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
you do the same thing every time regardless of its success rate

he does the same thing every time regardless of its success rate

when you play like that it's only just coincidence that you're better

you're not actually outplaying him with adjustments

not trying to be mean
None taken sensei lol, this is referring to the vs MK vid?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Junk just one thing, I know what you mean, but in a situation like this, doesn't the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." apply?

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah but that mk is 3 stockable

and ya i only watched the mk vid

actually though thinking about what i said i guess that means you know the matchup better so you have that going for you

but like sometimes you get hit for no reason then the same thing comes up again and you get hit again

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Won my tournament today.

Went 3 hours overdue.

Coming through dem losers brackets to win 2 sets, 3-1, 3-1.
Against Wario.

Each match was almost timing out.

yay.

I won lots of money though.
Shaya visits Junk '10?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ruk, I guess trying to guess what Junk's saying from experience of him talking about the same thing to me before:

Neither of you were thinking. If you had started thinking, you could have ***** the mk. You weren't thinking because you weren't trying to read him or punishing his patterns. You were just focusing too much on what you should be doing rather than what he IS doing or what your RESPONSE to his actions should be. I might be wrong but next time you play, realize what your conscious thought process is. I think the difference between a lot of alright players and good players is the alright players think "Ok, I need to do x, y, z to win" before and during the match. The good players think "He's doing a and c so I need to do x when he does a, and z when he does b. He also hits me with q when I do w so I need to think of a way to not get hit there."

And I'm sure the better you are the less conscious that thought process is(unconsciously analyzing and punishing patterns while changing your own). Just work on the thought process behind your game. While you could say, "if it's not, broken don't fix it" that's the road to not improving. What are you going to do when you hit opponents who force you to think but you're not as well practiced in it because you didn't start fixing the problem earlier?

Unless I totally missed junk's point. In which case, lol whoops.

Top Bottom