• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Chair: Full hop is nice imo because you avoid what being on the ground and short hops don't avoid. Ftilts, and grabs. You can get utilted, but it's nothing that wouldn't have happened with a short hop. You have the aerial mobility usually to make it back to the ground safely if they shield and obviously if they get hit. It's about using the momentum of how fast you distance yourself while attacking(distancing yourself upwards sure but ya). You're forcing them to react to your attack and not giving them a chance to counter your attack. Instead they have to predict where you'll land and you still have your DJ to help land.

Anyways that's a 2 minute thought on the "theory" of it. Could be totally wrong but just a quick speculation.

P.S. Junk I won 40 bucks(two $20 bets) from that bet god dammit so I don't care. I can run faster in high heels than a girl dammit.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Chair: Full hop is nice imo because you avoid what being on the ground and short hops don't avoid. Ftilts, and grabs. You can get utilted, but it's nothing that wouldn't have happened with a short hop. You have the aerial mobility usually to make it back to the ground safely if they shield and obviously if they get hit. It's about using the momentum of how fast you distance yourself while attacking(distancing yourself upwards sure but ya). You're forcing them to react to your attack and not giving them a chance to counter your attack. Instead they have to predict where you'll land and you still have your DJ to help land.

Anyways that's a 2 minute thought on the "theory" of it. Could be totally wrong but just a quick speculation.
All in all, you feel safer in the air than on the ground? Snake has the tools to severely limit your landing options, air speed shouldn't be a factor since Snake's dash is decent enough. Once Snake is below you the only thing you can try to do is stall your landing, but really how are you going to land safely?

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
uh.. junk.. just because it works vs ally doesn't mean it ***** at all

i think you're failing to realize that most snakes don't even play the match up right, and ally is probably like the worst top snake i've seen play the match.. don't mislead people saying they should be full hop camping vs ****ing snake

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
i knew it all along.

edit:

How was everyones halloween?
It was amazing. My day began at 7:00AM. I went to my high school for a Marching Band competition. We all got on the bus and took a seven hour drive to Hershey, Pennsylvania. Upon arrival, we practiced and edited our show in the freezing, sideways rain; this kept people quiet, for once. Then we went swimming and walked around until time for bed. It was amazing, believe it or not. I then asked a girl out on the ride back the day after Halloween and now I can proudly say that I'm not single. A legit weekend.

How was yours, Mike?

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Wait.

What occurred to make Marth the THIRD highest character on the Character Ranking List!?

I don't remember the last time I have saw him this high.

EDIT:

I also find it an interesting coincidence that when Steel began naming the MGD after stuff in Harry Potter, my sister began ravenously devouring my old Potter novels.

∫unk

Smash Master
Wait.

What occurred to make Marth the THIRD highest character on the Character Ranking List!?

I don't remember the last time I have saw him this high.
Just look at the results being posted.

NEO tied for 1st at his last tournament.

RedJ/Zex have won every norcal tournament recently, the other getting 2nd or 3rd. Both use Marth.

Mike has been doing well in SoCal for a while now.

Mr. R is ****** Europe as far as I know... he won the last tournament he went to.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
@Junk--hmwut? I was distracted by your sig. :lick:

sounds like you had a bad day lol
Inorite.

I once made that mistake viq but I don't wanna talk about it.
God that was a stupid bet.
LOL.

Also, congrats ToZ. :p

And @ the thread title: I think adding Marth's last name would sound a little better (and maybe his title, too). Just for the sake of having the same number of syllables. Y'know, Har-ry Pot-ter, Prince-Marth Low-ell.

Yeah, I'm bored. :laugh:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I now am going to express my brief angst against weeaboos by posting this video, and I do not envy you if you like it in some sick/twisted way:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2oY_cowd80&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q2oY_cowd80&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
It was amazing. My day began at 7:00AM. I went to my high school for a Marching Band competition.
For a second there I was about to cry. Then I saw the words Pennsylvania and realized I live to the right.

Yussss.

Edit: PD is a drunken master.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
Halloween was fun.
This marching band went through my block waking me up around 7 in the morning.
DID THEY HAVE TO DO IT SO **** EARLY?
That's what I meant by that.

And fine, "word*"
Betterer yet?

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys, given the recent release of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, do you think that Marth will get an English voice actor in the next Smash game?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Sorry mage i was actually edward cullen but people mistook me for mary poppins
I dont show up on film

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Halloween was fun. I was an average 8 year old jonas brothers fan.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
SO basically, in my bag of tricks that i was talking about (not treats...) (.....sorry)

You can grab release Dair MK on stage if you buffer it right.

i think. at least tyrant/havok couldn't get out of it consistently. DSF did a lot of the time.

so basically what this means is tech chase ---> whatever you want. best option is regrab imo, for the kill you can get an easy f smash (dsmash or most things too i guess)

*waits for shaya to say this doesn't work*

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
shaya will prob say it doesn't work

how are you tech chasing anything when dair has that horrid lag to it? serious question.

not that i play this game

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hmmm, it's worth messing with I guess. I'm a little concerned about MKs teching it, but I guess they won't be expecting it(not NC MKs anyway.....).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
marth is able to reach the ground and follow up from a floaty full hop if they tech, or even roll wake up as soon as possible? doesn't sound right.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wow, when I first saw mike's post about a new trick of some sort the first thing that popped into my mind was that frame perfect grab release spike (which I pulled off recently for a sexy checkmate KO). With guessing skills like this I should tell fortunes. Can you land a (tipper) nair out of this tech? Seems like it would be good a ko or at least putting MK offstage.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
non of the mk's i played this weekend really teched out of it consistently (havok, tyrant) so i wasn't able to test if there's anything i could do. there was one time they did tech, where i buffered a dash grab after landing and got the regrab, didn't seem like they could get out of it.

at worst, if they do tech, you get slightly better positioning (depending on what kind of style you play)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Just look at the results being posted.

NEO tied for 1st at his last tournament.

RedJ/Zex have won every norcal tournament recently, the other getting 2nd or 3rd. Both use Marth.

Mike has been doing well in SoCal for a while now.

Mr. R is ****** Europe as far as I know... he won the last tournament he went to.
I don't think Europe is counted in ankokus rankings

Top Bottom