• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth can't reach MK in time even if you perfectly time a dash out of the grab release (btw there's no buffering for it, so its real man skills) to hit MK with dair.

I'm pretty sure MK can just air dodge, as mk's airdodge is a bit silly and pushes him further horizontally away.
Or jump.

There's a reason why I made such a big fuss about mk grab release to spike that involved you abusing Brawl's ledge mechanics, because Marth can't do gr to dair normally.

Even though Marth v MK is already 65:35 Marth's favour, I dont know what you guys are smoking, just grab release to doop walk tipper fsmash.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
@Mikies! Unfortunately MK can upair right before the dair comes out unless its frame perfect (which in that scenario wouldn't you want to spike offstage anyways?)

Airdodge doesnt work i think.

Mk can shuttle before the dair comes out =(

everything else the dair beats.

Marth does have enough time to react to anything the MK does unless he DI's away and then rolls away.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you're getting hit by an 8 (which only has invincibility from 6-8) frame move such as shuttle loop,

you're doing it wrong.

`-`

its dem 3 frame air dodges and nairs and 2 frame uairs you gotta be complaining about.

And it's true Marth has enough time to react to anything MK does.
If he perfectly dashes as fast as he can, the moment MK can move something your head is in MK's crotch with your ability to shield.

But alas, how does one fit in an 11 frame motion that has a noticable horizontal range reduction compared to fair?

Maybe I was on crack when I spent like 2 hours trying everything Marth has after a grab release on MK.

Nic64

Smash Lord
If you're getting hit by an 8 (which only has invincibility from 6-8) frame move such as shuttle loop,
5-8, it also has no invincibility when used in the air anyway. The only reason I can think of for it working if uair doesn't is that at the beginning of the SL animation MK moves a bit and he might duck the hitbox, sounds like it needs more testing anyway

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I dunno I didn't like it that much...

EVERYTHING IN MY HOUSE GOT WET LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLL! BA DOO DOO CHHHHHHHHHHH

Roxas M

Smash Master
i'm switching my style with marth a little bit.
before 95% of the time i was using air attacks. but now i'm using alot more ground moves. i neglected them.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
i'm switching my style with marth a little bit.
before 95% of the time i was using air attacks. but now i'm using alot more ground moves. i neglected them.
Yea...i know what you mean (except my sort the other way around).
before my style changed it was 55% aerials and 45% ground.
Now, im 60% aerials and 40% ground.
but since i'm still learning marth i'm pretty sure it'll change. :)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
wayne is sooooo ***** overrated

for the record, no ceilings is alright

Albert.

Smash Master
Wow I'm on NEO's soundclick profile, its pretty good stuff.

Inspired me to show that you can be good in both music and Smash; you don't have to choose between them.

I would sometimes think that I'd have to either practice bass or practice smash and bass always won because that's actually my career. IDK, I'm just babbling now.

Top Bottom