• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
"Princz15 wrote at 11:37 AM on Sep 30, 2009 :
lol like i said for you its okay. You are THE chaosmarth after all lmao <3 and besides we live in a hard *** region where marth cant really dominate as much. unlike Mikehaze's region"
Wow...? lmao, I should sig that, amazing.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
thats what you do with samus

then do zair > neutral b when they miss the tech
I assume that's a CHARGED neutral B. And I always forget to charge it. :laugh:

At least I'm doing something right.

ZSS is obv better

Her Uair is a guaranteed combo no matter what with its angle

DI up and it goes into another Uair on UpB/whatever or DI away and it links into nair/side-B/lol k

Easily the new Dancing Blade

now with t*ts
Lawl. You left out the sourspot uair. Combos into itself and all. It's crazy fun to sourspot uair > uair > jump and sourspot uair > uair. NTM that thing can do like MK's uair string into tornado off the top. S'why Halberd's so fun, what with it's low ceiling. :p

I've also followed the sourspot uair with bairs or fairs, which is always fun. Especially since BOTH kicks of fair actually hit. >.<

But yeah, cake comboing with up-b is great. Did that many times at my last tourney (in frendlies, of course; far be it from me to play well in the tourney itself xD), but lately I haven't even been able to get it on cpus. :embarrass

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
"Princz15 wrote at 11:37 AM on Sep 30, 2009 :
lol like i said for you its okay. You are THE chaosmarth after all lmao <3 and besides we live in a hard *** region where marth cant really dominate as much. unlike Mikehaze's region"

...LMFAOOOOOOOO.

btw I don't go all marth because its not as fun. :c

∫unk

Smash Master
its the opposite of seibrik's thing

any attack that gives you movement is safe near the ledge facing either way

mike was either spamming jump to escape from his laggy situation (without knowing what would happen) or he knew what would happen and instead of grabbing the ledge he jumped

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
When you hit some1's shield u move back a little, he hit m2ks shield and pushed him off the ledge getting rid of d-smash lag

btw my marth style evolved, its completely diff then how i used to play and it kills junk

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Idk, I used to use it alot (like it was muscle memory to do it after a SH'ed fair)

but then I quit doing it and I've been doing it alot better

im weird @_@

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
lol@ the thought of someone not using dtilt

its a ****ing poke guys

a **** good one at that which traps and sets up/combos

like im not supposed to be helpful anymore but i cant let ignorance spread

minty if you're doing "better" now then you clearly werent using the move right

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
not using down tilt and double jumping? with marth? as in putting marth high in the air so they can run into your weak zone?

nice

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
what?

one your terms are messed up, two there's no difference in shield stun from a short hop or a full hop fair, just one is probably more dangerous if it gets power shielded (full hop)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
you telegraph yourself when you repeatedly do full hops

anyone with a PS and a 4 frame OOS is stopping your fun, not to mention they can roll/run under you

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I don't understand how people can play Marth and not use dtilt.

It's seriously RIGHT under fair in terms of usefulness for me.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not in Melee tho.
But ya, that's a risk associated with all dtilts, at least marth's is pretty safe so that the scenario you're supposed to use it in involves being decently safe from retaliation.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Do you only play brawl plus? Viquey?
Naw, I play both, but my local smash community has gone all B+. I and one or two others defended vB, but the host of the monthlies really didn't want to do it, the others kinda lost interest/gained more interest in B+ and the one who was gonna host the vB event was busy the weekend we would've had it, so we just dropped it. :ohwell:

Also lol @ dtilt. I like poking the ground. :D I need to remember to use that more when I switch from Zamus to Marth, though. :p

And yeah, the DI thing sucks. My DI's not all that great to begin with, and that doesn't help. Heh.

Nic64

Smash Lord
if you smash the analog down and then cstick a moment later you can dtilt and move the analog back up faster(think like stutter stepping but down inputs instead of forward/back), still likely get bad DI if you're hit out of it because the cstick is just a macro for "down and A" but it will let you move it back up faster at least.

I wish tilt stick actually worked properly and there should be a switch button, like hold R to make it smash or something

Nic64

Smash Lord
No, jump cancels into usmash, hence why you can usmash OOS

edit: idk about tap jump off, but how many marth's use that anyway?

double edit: tap jump off does allow you to do this

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I could've sworn I've done utilt with tap jump on by inputting ^ on both analog and C-stick.
Anywho, good thing to use, the MUs where it's unsafe are the ones you should be limiting it in anyways.

Top Bottom