• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Actually, yes, you can tilt up on both sticks and utilt instead of smash. For some reason, if you're tilting the control stick in any direction at the same time you tilt the cstick (in the same direction, that is), the cstick just acts like the A button. So tilt up on the control stick + up on cstick or just the a button both = up tilt.

But I don't think that serves much of a purpose anywho so eh. XD

Nic64

Smash Lord
yes, you can slowly tilt it up, I said you couldn't smash it as you could for dtilt if you have tap jump on.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
it depends on your play style if you want to kill quick or build damage or combo kill etc. i dont use it for a good reason i missed aganist another marth then tip to the mouth thats one reason y i dont use it but you play how u play i can't change that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Assuming you're not leading us on, and that's a big "if"
Congrat Chaosmarth, enjoy wedded bliss.

Wedded bliss section one: Everything is a compromise.

Umm... wow. I'm older than you and I still haven't decided that yet. O_o
Assuming he isn't joshing us, he's mad young for marriage, don't worry, you got time.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Heh, 'gratz Chaos. ^^

Also I missed today's tourney. Sleepy + hassle + dad's schedule making the window to go tight + forgetting to mapquest directions last night + the thousands of things I should be doing = "bah screw it, I'll make the next one". XD

Sucks though. 'Twas looking forward to playing with actual people instead of CPUs for a change. :p

Ah well. Best stop procrastinating and get back to work! ;/

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Gratz Chaos, and sorry all my fellow Marth mains who attended daphne 1 today, I owe you guys so much lmao

And like my play is so optimal right now.... I beat Zori (the olimar, it was wifi but the conenction was good, those games were mad tight) and I'm getting in a lot of reads. I play better with my iPod btw, so time to make a Brawl playlist!!!!!!!!!!!

∫unk

Smash Master
1. run and shield (she' can't grab)
2. roll in (watch for d-smash)... get in before side b starts

with timing those 2 **** zss pretty hard

if she's just spacing aerials you beat her in terms of speed and mobility of your f-air so just push her to a corner and beat her

don't get lazy ever (this is a huge problem of mine). getting lazy is like automatic get *****.

i won my first legit ribbon on aib yayyyyy lol 4th in doubles at like a 60 person tourney. we lost to 1st and 2nd i think we could have beat 3rd but oh wells

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
kingspades911 (3:01:57 PM): if we get to on thurs, you'll see me in person
kingspades911 (3:02:01 PM): bringin the ****
kingspades911 (3:02:04 PM): lol
KGSsmashkilla (3:02:19 PM): u mean bring the condoms
KGSsmashkilla (3:02:22 PM): lmfco
kingspades911 (3:02:28 PM): na my sex isnt safe with Marth
KGSsmashkilla (3:02:32 PM): LMFCO
I'm kingspades911 lol.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I have an idea that will maybe help me out and maybe get me more excited when I play Marth:

Do you think I could go without using Dancing Blade, at all? When I play it feels like I use it for everything...It bores me to know that I will go into a match and use a bunch of forward b and not much else. I also think it could help me understand my other options.

Thoughts?

Obviously this wouldn't be for in-tournament btw.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
You'd be sacrificing a very formidable aka one of the best tools in the game lmao

Since you said not in tourney then learn to use AD reads or anything to punish with smashes. Friendlies are for learning ofcourse.

∫unk

Smash Master
ddd's probably the best at learning how to punish stuff off baits and making reads

mk is probably the best at learning how to pressure and eliminate options

just try dumb stuff with marth and see what works...

feardragon64

Smash Champion
just try dumb stuff with marth and see what works...
Pretty sure that's how a lot of little tricks and nuances are made for each player. Mike's signature charging up-smash for no apparent reason comes to mind.

Don't stop using DB entirely for like important matches. But ya, experiment. If you're not experimenting and changing your play style, you're not improving.

∫unk

Smash Master
when are you guys going to realize that if i just stand still youre not actually hitting anything and just committing yourself to lag and at best hard to punish spacing

hoping for me to run into your crap is on wifi only

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
when are you guys going to realize that if i just stand still youre not actually hitting anything and just committing yourself to lag and at best hard to punish spacing

hoping for me to run into your crap is on wifi only
I did that a lot last time I played you (last month?). Playing people like you, ZMT, PB, Salem, etc... has really helped me realize what works and what doesn't.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey Guys! Tourney report. I dropped Snake(fully :D :D :D), and got my marth up to par. :D
Colorado Tournament.
Round 1- vs DTL(Tink and MK.)
game one, comes close, but I win.
Game two- its mk, but I win. :D
Round two-Crappy lucario.(I go falcon game 2 and land two falcon punches and finish it with a raptor boost.)
Round 3- vs Menounderwater(why is he underwater .-.)(Peach)
Game 1- I go snake. I lose
Game 2- I **** his ***
game 3- Same story.
Round 4-vs X(Sonic)
Game 1 I get *****.
game 2 I ****
Game 3 I **** myself.(ff fair/ 1 dair(missed the double jump. :( ) off stage ftl.)
Round 5- vs Dave(GW)
Game 1 **** him
game 2- I stay on the ledge too long and get hit by dash attack. :( )
Game 3- he is 140% I am at 20 % he lands Judgment.(first hammer in the entire set.wtf?)

So... I like Marth a lot guys. He is teh sexy.

EDIT: More info. I played horribly this tounament. And here is why! :D :D :D
We left for CO from utah at 3 pm.
We get stopped in Wyoming at 8 pm. I-80 is closed because of snow. We are stuck in a gas station til 11 the next day. We couldn't sleep in the car because it was -3 to -8 degrees outside. And the car kept on failing, so we waited in the gas station. A few of us slept on the floor. yeah, I did not do that. That floor was ****ing nasty. So, I don't get any sleep as well as half our crew. Yeah We leave, and miss doubles. We get there and they start singles(we called them.)

tldr; **** wyoming

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Game 3- he is 140% I am at 20 % he lands Judgment.(first hammer in the entire set.wtf?)

haha oh **** id be so mad

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Hey Guys! Tourney report. I dropped Snake(fully :D :D :D), and got my marth up to par. :D
Colorado Tournament.
Round two-Crappy lucario.(I go falcon game 2 and land two falcon punches and finish it with a raptor boost.)
Game 2- I **** his ***
game 3- Same story.
Round 4-vs X(Sonic)
Game 1 I get *****.
game 2 I ****
Game 3 I **** myself.(ff fair/ 1 dair(missed the double jump. :( ) off stage ftl.)
Round 5- vs Dave(GW)
Game 1 **** him

We get stopped in Wyoming at 8 pm. I-80 is closed because of snow. We are stuck in a gas station til 11 the next day. We couldn't sleep in the car because it was -3 to -8 degrees outside. And the car kept on failing, so we waited in the gas station. A few of us slept on the floor. yeah, I did not do that. That floor was ****ing nasty. So, I don't get any sleep as well as half our crew. Yeah We leave, and miss doubles. We get there and they start singles(we called them.)

tldr; **** wyoming
That's awesome! Except for the johns.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Colorado Tournament.
Game 2- I **** his ***
game 3- Same story.
Round 4-vs X(Sonic)
Game 1 I get *****.
game 2 I ****
Round 5- vs Dave(GW)
Game 1 **** him

tldr; **** wyoming
You come into the marth board, and on your first post you john about how you get judgement hammer *****?

nice spacing
and welcome

Top Bottom