• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hay,
I try ;_;
I really ought to get into debug mode for shield advantage stuff tho, I just get sooooo lazeh.
Seriously tho, I think my list has been the best and most accurate of the three that were made prior, which were all done via camera and "close speculation" lol.
And I agree, things like lucario ftilt have some crazy mad stuff behind them.
btw Steel, do you happen to know where the code for debug is? If you could link/VM me, that would be appreciated.
Lol, but yea me and kitamerby agreed that Lucario is probably one of the characters with the most interesting attributes to explore and as of now, one that the community seems the least interested in exploring.

We had a conversation on "lucario needs to be better explored" with a conclusion that he'd work on figuring out zoning techs.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol, but yea me and kitamerby agreed that Lucario is probably one of the characters with the most interesting attributes to explore and as of now, one that the community seems the least interested in exploring.

We had a conversation on "lucario needs to be better explored" with a conclusion that he'd work on figuring out zoning techs.
Yeah I think Kita, DJBrowny and I are the only ones that have done anything remotely technical with the data.
I'm going to try mapping out hitboxes via Browny's method, but that's gonna be a doozy :p.
And yes, when Kita and I went to the PSA data for lucario's "bones", our first reaction was "dayum Sakurai, why is this so complicated?" lol

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
DownSmash is broken. Thanks for the info Junk, lol.

Hi Marthboards.

Roxas M

Smash Master
marthshadow i wasnt even responding to your post... how would my post make sense in response to yours?
how was i supposed to know who your responding to. you didn't quote anything. lol
people were talking about what i said and you went after them. how was i supposed to know that you weren't talking about me too?

Plenty
For example, the character in your avie, he's barely explored. A lot of his frame data isn't even know.
Not many people have complete frame data on stuff. Snake looks like he could benefit from the whole dthrow tech chase thing if frame data was looked into. MK has a possible Ftilt frame advantage on Ftilt maybe (as if he needs to improve any xD) But still, things like that require people to actually get the work done.

omfg @ these emo's

i barely know anything about brawl so you ppl have a long way to go... i mean on the level that most people want to be
Read. There really is a lot that has already been said on here that does not need to be repeated. Only problem is finding it though :/

We don't know what's left to discuss about, because we aren't delving deeply enough, no?
But again back to my question. What do you look at? Everything that is remotely important to a characters metagame has already been determined. How much further can you go into figuring out that no matter what CF does, he will almost always be outranged by Marth. There are very few alternatives to get around it. Once it has been figured out, nothing changes it. These type of things have pretty much already been discussed is what I am pointing out. The only thing left is to look into the little tiny details about a characters metagame that makes them better overall. But even most of those are so small that they can quickly be eliminated because they serve no practical use. I have thought of a number of possible things for a character to look at, but most have been discarded by what I said as being impractical.

Even most of the stuff posted now a days gets shot down because it does not fit with the proper opinion or is impractical.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
You know what Neo?
You're right

Is there anyone here that can consistently get falco out of his phantasm in the middle of it, or do we all just shield and punish?

Player-3

Smash Hero
i barely know anything about brawl so you ppl have a long way to go... i mean on the level that most people want to be
srsly

also ZMTs snake sux so bad

i 2 stocked it with my samus

NO JOHNS
even if they are 100% legit

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Yum yums.....I love it! hahaha= random!
I seek revenge on your Marth, my Kirby should had won in Battlefield last time and he will next time, (I know it's a terrible stage to pick, but I will still win). =3

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I know I Falco that can cancel his phantasm at his choice consistently. Denzi.

I seek revenge on your Marth, my Kirby should had won in Battlefield last time and he will next time, (I know it's a terrible stage to pick, but I will still win). =3
Your signature is love.

§leepy God

Smash Master
What's wrong with that stage? Battlefield is my best stage for Kirby and mostly other players :lick:
If you play this stage with Marth while having Kirby, you will eat a whole lot of Forward Air, along with Dancing Blades and tippers. I always beat Viper on Battlefield with Marth, but hearing someone else that beat him kind of makes me jealous. D:<

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
Marth's fair < PinkBall's bair?
I read that somewhere... think it must have been from either Steel or EL ...

*Reminds everyone of EL*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
is shield drop 7 frames?
If your name is not Yoshi.

His shield drop (and his shieldgrab) is 17 frames.

Meaning you can FF F-air him and grab him before he can shieldgrab you.

As for Kirby, I talked to a good Kirby user about the matchup, and he F-tilt camps since as he explains, he can't really do much of anything in the air.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So i havent really been here a week or two...

It truly feels like I never missed a post.

Some wifi spam requests, Neo pseudo-complaining (and 500 or so posts after it referencing it), people thinking Junk's upset and him retorting. Oh, and I'm sick again.
lololololol

WHY CANT YOU GUYS WE EVOLVE?

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*

Some wifi spam requests, Neo pseudo-complaining (and 500 or so posts after it referencing it), people thinking Junk's upset and him retorting. Oh, and I'm sick again.
lololololol

Because Nintendo gave us an everstone.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee

As for Kirby, I talked to a good Kirby user about the matchup, and he F-tilt camps since as he explains, he can't really do much of anything in the air.
WOW YOSHI SUCKS LOLOLOLOLOL

/neo

Oh wait...Yoshi actually does suck....Neo only says good chars suck lol

<3

lololololol

Alright, how's this?

Which is a better combo breaker?

Dolphin Slash is already used as a way to get out of many multi-hitting attacks. Nothing really beats that. But it still puts Marth into helpless frames that can easily make up for the damage taken. Falco abuses this against Marth's sometimes.

Fair and Side B (single hit) come out on frame 4, but SideB stops momentum and finishes a frame faster. Since both attacks come from above, SideB will cover more area in a faster time frame. So with that, do you think using SideB more often to break out attacks is a good idea?

∫unk

Smash Master
as far as i know yoshi's almost never shield grab they just spot dodge jab

anyways mk's f-air is hella punishable i did not know that until last night lol

all u have to do is avoid the grab and tornado >__>

and i know im improving cause other ppl better than me tell me but almost everyone i've played on marth boards is the same level because they still do x move in y situation every time

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Alright, how's this?

Which is a better combo breaker?

Dolphin Slash is already used as a way to get out of many multi-hitting attacks. Nothing really beats that. But it still puts Marth into helpless frames that can easily make up for the damage taken. Falco abuses this against Marth's sometimes.

Fair and Side B (single hit) come out on frame 4, but SideB stops momentum and finishes a frame faster. Since both attacks come from above, SideB will cover more area in a faster time frame. So with that, do you think using SideB more often to break out attacks is a good idea?
save ds for when you can mitigate fall by landing on a platform, or when your opponent is at higher percents.

fair has better reach than db does it not? in any case db has virtually not hitstun or knockback so even if you break a string with it, if you can't land the other hits they're free to simply resume smacking you. fair on the other hand has much better hitstun and knockback and if your close to the ground you can autocancel the lag. although db does have transcendental priority and depending on staleness it'll do more damage or kill than fair.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How the **** does Kirby camp Marth with Ftilt?

Marth just covers a lot of Kirby's options, which is why the matchup is in Marth's favor. The only way Kirby can win is by baiting the **** out of Marth, which he has trouble doing if the Marth is decent, and once he does that keeping him in his shield to apply his amazing grab/juggle game.

Top Bottom